DAFC.net
Home 25 January 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Nuno to get it in the Neck?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 06:30

Nuno Espirito Santo was not a happy man after Wolves 2-1 loss at Burnley, last night. Referee, Lee Mason, was the object of his ire.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55405256

No referee should be above criticism, but perhaps Nuno would have been better advised to voice his misgivings to the authorities discretely, rather than air them publicly on SKY TV.

A big fine and a touchline ban looming?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Nuno to get it in the Neck?
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 08:25

I would think so G.G. it was pretty scathing

I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others of whom I made the most careful and particular enquiry.
Thucydides.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 09:00

I didn`t see the game, so I have no idea if he has a point, but at least it is clear what he thinks and he won`t be appealing against anything.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 15:38

The FA have asked him to explain his remarks. This can only end one way I think.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 16:12

The man is obviously under pressure. His team is beginning to implode and his frustrations are coming to the surface.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 17:14

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 22 Dec 15:38

The FA have asked him to explain his remarks. This can only end one way I think.

Are the guys at the FA a bit thick? What exactly does Nuno have to explain? He explained why he was unhappy with Lee Mason's refereeing style in good, simple English. He said it was exactly the same in the 1-1 draw with Newcastle and he expressed the fervent hope that Mason isn't given another Wolves game this season.

I feel sorry for Wolves. First they lost Jota to to Liverpool and Docherty to Spurs, then they lost Raul Jimenez with that horrible head injury. These were arguably their best and most influential players, so it's no surprise their form has dipped since last season.

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Tue 22 Dec 18:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Tue 22 Dec 17:24

Topic Originator: Paralex like | nolike
Date: Tue 22 Dec 16:12

The man is obviously under pressure. His team is beginning to implode and his frustrations are coming to the surface.

Maybe he is tired of abysmal refereeing displays. Abysmal VAR displays. Basically the same as most football fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Wed 23 Dec 18:40

Lee Mason? I thought it was Phil Mitchell!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 31 Dec 18:51

He has now been charged with `improper conduct` as his comments were deemed to be `personally offensive` to Lee Mason. He has until 5 January to respond.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 13:21

I hate that managers get publicly dragged over hot coals for making statements that 99% of football fans are thinking , whilst referees just sit in the shadows saying nothing.

Referees should have to sit in post match interviews and asked questions about the match, As the press does to both managers

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 17:39

From Aunty :-

Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo has been fined £25,000 by the Football Association for criticising referee Lee Mason after their defeat by Burnley.

I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others of whom I made the most careful and particular enquiry.
Thucydides.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mcfc-par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 19:03

It's got to the stage with PL refs that Anthony Taylor is now considered one of the best whereas a few years ago a lot of fans of different clubs thought he was hopeless. Lee Mason has at least been consistently poor, Nuno's comments were spot on.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net