DAFC.net
Home 26 January 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 13:24

Low temperature could be problem for pitch being playable?

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 13:43

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Fri 1 Jan 13:24

Low temperature could be problem for pitch being playable?


You are aware we have undersoil heating?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 13:49

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Fri 1 Jan 13:43

Quote:

AlfonzoBonzo, Fri 1 Jan 13:24

Low temperature could be problem for pitch being playable?


You are aware we have undersoil heating?


Normally I would think we'd use it for this game had fans been allowed, but I can't see any financial benefit to using it for games in current climate and it just becomes a pretty unnecessary outlay
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 13:55

Yes I’m aware. Are you aware that there is nowhere near enough income coming in to make running it viable?

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 13:56

I was thinking on a cost point of view as well.Surprised this issue wasn't mentioned earlier in the week.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 14:02

Quote:

twin par, Fri 1 Jan 13:56

I was thinking on a cost point of view as well.Surprised this issue wasn't mentioned earlier in the week.


Pitch inspection planned for 08:45 tomorrow
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 14:10

From previous years it always tends to be the touch line near the main stand, once it’s frozen it takes forever to ease but like my street.

Thinking it’s likely to be off, Rangers v Celtic will give me some relief if it is.

No football and no pubs at new year rubbish

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 14:14

Will be off

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 14:15

Looking at the picture and the overnight forecast no chance it is on.

If they thought it might be okay they would have had the inspection later.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 14:16

No chance of the game being on tomm.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 14:56

If the pitch inspection is planned for 8.45, and the undersoil heating isn`t on, then it`s no chance.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 15:20

Pitch is frozen. No danger will it be defrosted by tomorrow unless Buffy's been busy and knitted a massive blanket.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 15:20

Dunfermline Athletic
@officialdafc
·
1h
Due to the playing surface at East End Park being frozen, a pitch inspection will take place at 8.45am tomorrow.

Does not sound good, I take it by that wording the undersoil heating is not on.



Post Edited (Fri 01 Jan 15:22)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 15:23

Under soil heating needs to be on before the pitch freezes. It would’ve cost a fortune to run it for the last few days. Understandable why it’s not been put on.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 15:35

Costs thousands of pounds to run the USH.
Made sense when expecting a full house in but a no brainer in this climate(pun intended)
I think the SPFL also relaxed rules on this being a requirement some years ago when they seen the cost of it.
I really can't see it being on just now.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 16:07

A number of years ago,I was told it cost 3 grand to have it on for a couple of nights,its just not viable to switch it on,in the present situation.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 16:15

People saying it`s not viable in regards to cost. Id imagine we would achieve 1500/2000 stream giving the game so that would cover the cost 3/4 times over. Seems as if no one is arsed for playing to be honest. Biggest income of the season and it`s just shrugged off. Very poor.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 16:17

Quote:

incognito, Fri 01 Jan 16:15

People saying it`s not viable in regards to cost. Id imagine we would achieve 1500/2000 stream giving the game so that would cover the cost 3/4 times over. Seems as if no one is arsed for playing to be honest. Biggest income of the season and it`s just shrugged off. Very poor.


We’ll get the same for the rearranged fixture but without the extra cost.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 16:21

No chance the club will get the same amount of stream`s at a later date. The whole country off and a tougher lockdown would of been a decent payday for us but they must not be that bothered.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 16:29

We used to have the covers which offers protection down to a certain temperature level. But such an early inspection for a behind closed doors game indicates game will be off.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 16:32

There's no chance the game will be on - no / little thaw today & temp to goto -3 overnight.

Disappointed as it's a good 2 hour slot out of trying to find things to do at home to relieve the boredom!

Plus had steak bridies delivered yesterday for half time so especially gutted lol 🤪😢

Proud sponsor of Declan McManus` home shirt

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:26

I take it the German investors haven’t put money towards the USH costs then? A big game in terms of a derby and online stream audience. Pity.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:30

"We used to have the covers"....20 years ago maybe

"Id imagine we would achieve 1500/2000 stream giving the game so that would cover the cost 3/4 times over. Seems as if no one is arsed for playing to be honest"

no chance of 2000 paying for it and the cost for the USH overall would be close to £10k i reckon, it cost £5400 just for the oil 2 years ago according to an old story on the official site. if it was feasible they would use it, the club/board will know all the figures and obviously decided it wasnt, nothing to do with not being arsed about it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:32

Quote:

buffy, Fri 01 Jan 17:26

I take it the German investors haven’t put money towards the USH costs then? A big game in terms of a derby and online stream audience. Pity.


Hope not. Far more important things to spend budget/money on.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:35

Correct. When no crowd, it’s money down the drain. The folks that bought, aren’t going to ask for their money back. They’ll watch in delay

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:40

Quote:

GJS93, Fri 1 Jan 17:30

"We used to have the covers"....20 years ago maybe

"Id imagine we would achieve 1500/2000 stream giving the game so that would cover the cost 3/4 times over. Seems as if no one is arsed for playing to be honest"

no chance of 2000 paying for it and the cost for the USH overall would be close to £10k i reckon, it cost £5400 just for the oil 2 years ago according to an old story on the official site. if it was feasible they would use it, the club/board will know all the figures and obviously decided it wasnt, nothing to do with not being arsed about it.


Exactly my thoughts, I was thinking it will be around £10,000 just for the fuel required to have the under soil heating. There is no way they would recoup that through PPV audience.
Its a no brainer to put the game off
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:43

Spot on red star.Common sense will prevail.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 17:52

Seems as if no one is arsed for playing to be honest.

...Thankfully they could be arsed when it came to saving the club.


Stupidest comment off 2021 - close the competition!

🔩 ya 🚀
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 18:14

Stupidest 😂😂😂

2021 idiot of the year.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 18:42

USH not cost effective in the Championship and definitely not cost effective when there's no punters in the ground. This would normally be netting the club around £120000. What will be bring in tomorrow? Lucky to get half that.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 18:45

Jake I`d imagine by the time the vat is taken off it would be lucky to generate 15k

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 19:26

I`d settle for £60,000 jake89



Post Edited (Fri 01 Jan 19:27)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 19:45

Suppose the difference before would be that fewer people make midweek games. Is that still the case when it's PPV from your sofa? If it's not then there's little risk of lost revenue from a Tuesday night game.

All academic anyway. If the pitch is frozen today, it won't be defrosted for tomorrow.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 19:55

The only other pitch inspection planned in the Championship tomorrow is for Arbroath v ICT.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 20:03

Quote:

wee eck, Fri 01 Jan 19:55

The only other pitch inspection planned in the Championship tomorrow is for Arbroath v ICT.


Alloa and QotS are plastic and Dundee hasn’t to get below freezing. It’s also an evening kick off.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 20:31

Alloa was above freezing all day, to be honest I'm surprised that the Arbroath pitch is getting checked with it being close to the sea.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 20:39

Minus 2 already 🥴

Stick a fork in it 🤭👎🏼😢

Proud sponsor of Declan McManus` home shirt

COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 21:31

Some folk on here asking if the USH will be switched on that cost thousands for an empty stadium🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Game will be off.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Fri 1 Jan 22:23

Dunfermline vs Raith game goes ahead as pitch and under soil heating experts are left baffled!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 00:04

Quote:

jake89, Fri 1 Jan 19:45

Suppose the difference before would be that fewer people make midweek games. Is that still the case when it's PPV from your sofa? If it's not then there's little risk of lost revenue from a Tuesday night game.

All academic anyway. If the pitch is frozen today, it won't be defrosted for tomorrow.


Watching at home on tv will appeal to many in this weather but an entire family will be watching for £12 rather than up to £20 for each adult alone.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 00:38

PARrot wrote:

>
Quote:

jake89, Fri 1 Jan 19:45
>
> Suppose the difference before would be that fewer people make
> midweek games. Is that still the case when it's PPV from
> your sofa? If it's not then there's little risk of lost
> revenue from a Tuesday night game.
>
> All academic anyway. If the pitch is frozen today, it won't
> be defrosted for tomorrow.

>
> Watching at home on tv will appeal to many in this weather but
> an entire family will be watching for £12 rather than up to
> £20 for each adult alone.


Speak for yourself Parrot, the rest of my household hate football!!!!
>
>

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: wjmcm  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 00:41

Bill Mullen was a great referee back in the sixties and seventies. I worked with him at St.Margaret`s school. If the weather was bad and the game in doubt Jock Stein would give Bill a ring to come along to East End Park and do a pitch inspection. As they walked out Jock would say either "looks playable to me" or "cannae play in this". Bill knew what his decision would be.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 02:28

When you see footage of the game where we thrashed Valencia, it does make you wonder if that game would have been played today. The Spaniards looked totally flummoxed by the underfoot conditions.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 06:10

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 2 Jan 02:28

When you see footage of the game where we thrashed Valencia, it does make you wonder if that game would have been played today. The Spaniards looked totally flummoxed by the underfoot conditions.


No need to wonder. It wouldn't have!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 07:44

Looking out the window at the snow, fair to say not much hope for the game today.

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 07:48

Game will be off, put my mortgage on it

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 08:25

I reckon we should sew all our winter jaikets together to make a new toasty pitch cover.

Don’t think my DAFC.knit scarves will go very far, Jake.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 09:01

Game now officially off :(


Dunfermline Athletic
@officialdafc
Following a pitch inspection this morning, today`s match against Raith Rovers is postponed.



Post Edited (Sat 02 Jan 09:03)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 09:03

Wee team fans about to go into melt down

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 09:05



buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 09:41

Quote:

Taxipar, Sat 2 Jan 09:03

Wee team fans about to go into melt down


Best one so far has been from Jimmy Jazz on Twitter -

'Surely a points deduction on the cards. Possible the police become involved after selling ppv for a game that we didn’t want on? I’ve certainly reported the matter'

What a t*t! 😂😂😂

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 09:45

Quote:

Gem 1977, Sat 2 Jan 09:41

Quote:

Taxipar, Sat 2 Jan 09:03

Wee team fans about to go into melt down


Best one so far has been from Jimmy Jazz on Twitter -

'Surely a points deduction on the cards. Possible the police become involved after selling ppv for a game that we didn’t want on? I’ve certainly reported the matter'

What a t*t! 😂😂😂


I think there was a tad of sarcasm in that post....
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sat 2 Jan 09:53

Quote:

DBA, Sat 2 Jan 09:45

Quote:

Gem 1977, Sat 2 Jan 09:41

Quote:

Taxipar, Sat 2 Jan 09:03

Wee team fans about to go into melt down


Best one so far has been from Jimmy Jazz on Twitter -

'Surely a points deduction on the cards. Possible the police become involved after selling ppv for a game that we didn’t want on? I’ve certainly reported the matter'

What a t*t! 😂😂😂


I think there was a tad of sarcasm in that post....


Aye you're right lol

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers game at risk?
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 3 Jan 00:16

Remember bill Mullen,the referee. He refereed,a game against cowdenbeath on a new years day,in the late 60s.He had an absolute nightmare of a game,pars lost,a goal to a blatant off side decision .I honestly thought,he was going to be lynched!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net