DAFC.net
Home 02 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Euan Murray
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 10:02

Says on the sun apparently he is linked with a move to aberdeen come the end of the season. Also that Crawford has offered him a new contract but he wants to explore elsewhere,Would be big loss IMO.

link to Sun report
Rory Adair
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Euan Murray
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 10:10

Talk of them making a move in this window to get him now for a cut price.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 11:29

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Wed 06 Jan 10:10

Is he not out of contract at the end of the season? If so then signing him in this window would be madness from Aberdeen

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 11:41

Quote:

back oh the net, Wed 6 Jan 11:29

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Wed 06 Jan 10:10

Is he not out of contract at the end of the season? If so then signing him in this window would be madness from Aberdeen

Depends how desperate they are for a cb also won't be offering anything near a decent value because of this imo but I do agree to a certain extent.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 11:41

Aberdeen can still sign him for free on the basis of a pre-agreed contract, surely?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 12:09

Surprised that Aberdeen would be in for him. I like him as a player but he is far from a standout. Other than his goals this season I don’t think he has been exceptional as evidenced by some of the goals we have lost. Clearly a good influence as captain though.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 12:22

He's been good for us in terms of goalscoring, I think he still has a long way to go in terms of defensive work at a higher level though. It wouldn't shock me if he's looking at progressing on as he did from the Rovers to us. Aberdeen would pay him far more and he has the chance to make a name for himself at a higher level. Wouldn't want to lose him in January though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 12:24

If he goes he goes. Be better to get cash for him this window. But disappointed in him considering his first season was mostly blighted by injury and he wants to move away, but then again in this career and the wage level we’re at, can’t be too annoyed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Craigston_Par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 12:31

Don’t think we can get money for him if he’s out of contract

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 12:38

if he moves to Aberdeen this month we would.

said the same as livipar a while ago and still go with that, if he is going to go and a deal can be done this month so be it but the bigger problem would be replacing him in the squad immediately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 13:12

We are in a completely different situation and although I rate Euan Murray, I would not hesitate to sell him on if it is for the good of our club . You never know, we could maybe get someone in who is just as good if not better. Always look on the positive side of life.

Stay well and safe.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 13:24

Club must be getting a bit of a reputation for developing players now and somewhere players can go if they hope to push on in their career. Can only be a good thing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 13:28

At least he has the honesty to let pars know where they stand and Stevie will be able to plan a replacement should the need occur rather than scrambling at the last minute.
Hated players in the past not being honest about a new contract situation

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 13:45

Players have a short career good luck to him if he gets a move.Who is available to step into to his position?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 14:12

It`s a balance between how much money we could get now as opposed to potentially compromising our position in the play-offs?

Post Edited (Wed 06 Jan 14:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 15:37

It`ll be interesting to see what Murray does if there`s interest from Aberdeen or another Premiership club. The stereotype of the modern footballer is someone who will follow the money but it was interesting to hear Dow`s and Comrie`s reasons for signing extensions. Dow has been in the game long enough and has had sufficient setbacks to appreciate the feeling of being settled at a club where you are valued whilst Comrie said it was important that he had the opportunity to play games and improve that way. Murray has had a few clubs in Scotland and England and seems happy with his lot but will that be enough to turn down the chance of a bigger pay day?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 15:53

What is everyones opinion on a player who is captain of the club wanting to move on and has clearly stated that he is looking to go somewhere else to better himself .
I think everyone should have the drive to improve themselfs in all
Work enviroments .
Does he stay captain? as I see he has done a great job for the club to date, or does the captaincy go to someone who has committed to the club long term ?
I have no doubt Euan gives his all every week as he is very dedicated profesional
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 15:55

hes lost bit of form last few months so could replace him if need be

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 15:57

Sell him and move on. That's what our aim is as a club to get guys in either young or guys who are on their last chance give them the platform and take cash for them. Fair play to him for admitting he is considering his options unlike Morris and so on from the past. Let's be honest if we were offered more money for doing the same job 99.99 percent of us would jump at the chance footballers are no different all the best to the guy with whatever he decides.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 16:25

It’s a no brainer having one of Scotlands top clubs being interested. Good luck to any player going to play at a higher level.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 16:34

Must say something that he isn't jumping at the chance

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRreturns  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 20:43

Aberdeen set to confirm he signs for them on a pre contract.

I’m here to take over!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 22:15

who would take this...

if its true
if it happens
if they want him now
if we are looking for another striker and/or looking to loan McCann out...

instead of a fee for Murray, hows about a swap deal for Bruce Anderson who himself is out of contract in the summer with a big sell on clause?

Post Edited (Wed 06 Jan 22:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 22:17

There's nothing to stop us getting a pre-contract for Anderson in the same way there's nothing to stop Aberdeen with Murray.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 22:22

seeing as hes under 23, the compensation might be if they offer him a new deal

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Wed 6 Jan 22:28

Ayr fans are glad to see the back of Anderson, were utterly underwhelmed by his performances.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 03:37

I wasn’t that impressed with him when he was with us tbh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 11:43

If he moves on good luck to him. Its speculation and conjecture at the moment. It may suit him personally or professionally to move, but he has been a good player for us and hopefully we can offer him a deal to stay. I see no benefit taking away the captains role. If he is professional he will give it 100% to the end of the season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 11:53

Anderson scored goals in team that didn’t create chances. Something like 7 in 15 games. He is a natural finisher and he seemed to benefit from Crawford as a coach.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 12:31

Quote:

livipar2, Thu 7 Jan 11:53

Anderson scored goals in team that didn’t create chances. Something like 7 in 15 games. He is a natural finisher and he seemed to benefit from Crawford as a coach.

Agreed. Similar type of player to Nicky Clark.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 12:40

Quote:

Jeffery, Thu 7 Jan 12:31

Quote:

livipar2, Thu 7 Jan 11:53

Agreed. Similar type of player to Nicky Clark.

Does he only gets a game cos of his dad aswell?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 12:55

I`d have Anderson back in a heartbeat, regardless of what Ayr fans think. The guy is a natural finisher and showed that in our distinctly average team at the time. Add to that what looked from the Norrie like an excellent attitude for an on-loan player. I think Stevie & the coaching staff could really bring on his development like they seemed to do for Kevin Nisbet.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 13:15

I'd take Anderson but doubt we could afford his wages

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 18:20

He won't have any wage when his contract runs out. He may have demands/a desired income, but they won't necessarily be met by anyone.

He might be offered a better option that us. Then again, he might not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 19:48

Interesting position taken by Alex Dyer at Kilmarnock regarding Eamonn Brophy, basically saying he can go to St. Mirren now as he will not be playing for him again or involved in any tactical training sessions.
Reason - he doesn’t want to be at Kilmarnock

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 20:24

Not too impressed by this given he was injured a lot last season.

But as has been said he’s good at attacking set prices but a bit suspect at the back. Vocal and tries to organise though.

We’ll defo need a forward in jan if Murray goes, he’s scored a decent amount of our goals so far.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 20:29

I must say I have some sympathy with Alex Dyer`s view re a player who has signed a pre-contract agreement. I`ve never really seen the point of them. Isn`t it the case that they`re not enforceable if either party changes their mind?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 20:45

I found Alex Dyers comments honest, but maybe he would have been better keeping quiet. St Mirren probably want him now, and now they know he isn't going to feature for Killie again, they can negotiate a low offer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Thu 7 Jan 22:41

I listened to the Off the Ball podcast recently and Derek Ferguson was talking about his son, Lewis, at Aberdeen and alluded that due to a recent red card (2 yellows which as a rule can't be appealed) he would lose out on appearance money and bonuses and that he needed those due to a relatively poor basic wage.
Would still have thought that it would be a better move financially.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 8 Jan 13:53

comments from McInnes about the window

"No players will be here in January. If anybody would move on it would maybe change things but as it stands we don’t plan on selling anyone in January and we stay as we are"

and seeing as i brought up Anderson on this thread, McInnes talking like he will be staying there for the rest of the season also.

Post Edited (Fri 08 Jan 15:28)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net