DAFC.net
Home 25 January 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Norrie McCathie
Topic Originator: Kerkey  
Date:   Fri 8 Jan 09:45

Crazy that it’s now 25 years since Norrie passed away. I was a fresh faced 13 year old at the time and can still remember the tragic news coming through on the TV. Thankful to be just about old enough at the time to have memories of Norrie playing in the black & white. Although I’m sure anyone older will hold more memories. That aside, I don’t think I’ll ever forget the scenes of the 4-3 game that season the game after and to then to win the league too.

RIP Norrie and Amanda

Post Edited (Fri 08 Jan 09:51)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Norrie McCathie
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 8 Jan 09:49

RIP Norrie and Amanda

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Fri 8 Jan 09:52

Almost certain he would have ended up being a very successful manager for us if he was here today. RIP to Norrie and Amanda.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Fri 8 Jan 09:53

Unbelievable that it is 25 years. I was 17 at the time and still vividly remember the tragic news being announced on the radio. RIP Norrie and Mandy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 8 Jan 10:59

I was just a wee boy but remember it still. I remember us getting those wee carbon monoxide magnets that had a circle like sandpaper that would change colour. Also remember getting a carbon monoxide detector plugged in by the gas fire.

Norrie visited my school and I had his autograph. Sadly misplaced during a house move.

RIP Norrie and Amanda.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net