DAFC.net
Home 26 January 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Marine AFC
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 13:18

Marine are playing Spurs at home today but have lost almost 100k in lost gate and hospitality .
Marine are selling a virtual ticket to the game ,which allows you into a prize draw.
The original plan was to sell 600 ,as of 11am today they had sold 15,000 raising £150,000.Lots of neutral fans and Spurs fans have purchased tickets .
Tickets cost £10 and can be purchased from the following link: https://marinefc.ktckts.com

All ticket purchases will be entered into a raffle with the following prizes:

– Become manager of Marine for one full pre-season friendly next season

– 2 x weekenders for 4 people in Liverpool including hotel and Marine match tickets

– 2 x Marine season tickets

– Signed Marine shirt

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Marine AFC
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 13:56

Superb effort by all ....well done ..... a shock result to round the day off ?? :)

I have described nothing but what I saw myself, or learned from others of whom I made the most careful and particular enquiry.
Thucydides.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 14:20

Dundee done the same for the game v Bonnyrigg ,and sold 4500 virtual tickets at £2.50 per ticket ,don't think there was any draw or prizes on offer ,just a good way of raising more funds for the 1893 foundation .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 16:48

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 10 Jan 14:20

Dundee done the same for the game v Bonnyrigg ,and sold 4500 virtual tickets at £2.50 per ticket ,don't think there was any draw or prizes on offer ,just a good way of raising more funds for the 1893 foundation .

Given it was Scottish Cup does this not count as gate income and divided between clubs?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 16:49

Marine have now sold 25,000 virtual tickets for the Spurs game ,raising £250,000 for the club .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 16:51

Is this something Pars could do? Mibbe £4 a ticket and those that take Pars TV sub get a £2 discount. £2 for club and £2 to help local foodbank/kids clubs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 17:34

German third-tier football club Dynamo Dresden sold more than 72,000 tickets for a game played in an empty stadium with no fans.

Former East German champion Dynamo offered fans the “ghost tickets” — named after the German habit of dubbing empty-stadium matches “ghost games” — for €5 as a way to raise funds for the club during the coronavirus pandemic. Fans could receive a commemorative ticket to keep.

The 72,112 tickets sold for Tuesday's German Cup game against Darmstadt was more than double the capacity of Dresden's stadium. Only two games in the club's history, both away games, had more people in attendance, Dresden said.

German clubs have pioneered innovative fundraising ideas after the pandemic hurt teams' incomes.

When German soccer shut down in the spring, third-tier club Uerdingen sold “virtual tickets” for a fictional game. Top-division side Borussia Mönchengladbach offered fans the chance to have their photos printed onto cardboard cutouts for home games, an idea quickly copied by sports teams around the world.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 21:10

So Marine have ended up making more money than they would have done with fans ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 21:28

Think the final total was over 30600 tickets sold

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 22:10

Just saw that. £300k and a full set of Spurs’ match shirts

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 22:55

That's a strange one ,where Covid restrictions said they couldn't swap shirts,yet Aston Villa and Liverpool did

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 10 Jan 23:04

I wondered about the legitimacy of the Dundee virtual tickets for a scottish cup game.

Opposition should be asking for a cut.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Jan 00:18

Really ,you can call it many other ways but you want to give away teams 50% of the 50/50 tickets

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Jan 17:49

Quote:

Polt, Sun 10 Jan 16:48

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 10 Jan 14:20

Given it was Scottish Cup does this not count as gate income and divided between clubs?

As you said in this post there was no draw or prizes. It was sold as virtual ticket not 50/50 etc. Normal game... No questions asked. Scottish Cup game...rules are share the ticket/streaming sales. I am not saying anything was done underhand. For all i know it could have been run by the fans group not the club itself. All depends on wording and who's running it.
In which case it would be a donation rather than ticket income.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Jan 19:01

Done by the 1893 foundation the dundee supporters group

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net