DAFC.net
Home 07 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 rumour: Scott Banks on loan
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 17 Jan 17:39

from twitter, journalist Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko

"Dunfermline. Keen on young Scottish midfielder Scott Banks at Crystal Palace. May go on loan for experience"

wide player although think he can play as a no10, went there from Dundee United in January last year and was at Alloa on loan before the lockdown.

Post Edited (Sun 17 Jan 19:21)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: rumour: Scott Banks on loan
Topic Originator: Craigston_Par  
Date:   Sun 17 Jan 17:55

Seems to be quite highly rated, would take him as another option if he’s on the wing

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 17 Jan 21:03

Don`t see the need to bring another young lad in to give him game time for another club !
We would be better sticking with Young McCann and giving him the game time he needs to let him develop
Unless he is the next Messi
The above is just my view and if we get anyone in I am hoping it`s a seasoned Pro that knows where the back of the net is !!

Par 91 maybe I missed something Every time I have seen McCann play for us he has been on the wing so I had him down as a winger not an out and out forward player ,and that is why I thought bringing another midfielder / winger in would not be any better than we have , but as others have pointed out and I agree if it is cover for Dow, Thomas, I am happy enough as I cannot remember the last time they performed to their ability ( so if he comes in I hope it is the kick in the Ass they need )

Post Edited (Mon 18 Jan 11:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 00:13

“ We would be better sticking with Young McCann and giving him the game time he needs to let him develop”

Am I missing something here? In what way does a midfielder/winger coming in have an impact on a striker’s game time? For what it’s worth, Dow and Thomas have been poor for a while now and I think it’s definitely a good idea to have more options in that area of the park.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 09:05

We`ve been stale for a wee while and need a bit of freshness and competition for places just to get us back at it.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 09:44

would be a little bit of a coup if we could get someone from an EPL side?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 09:53

Banks looks very talented and fits the bill of a creative player that we need to come in. Thomas and Dow have struggled for form for quite a few games now so definitely need someone fresh to come in whether that's Banks or Cammy Smith.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KilsythPar  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 10:09

We should be giving Fraser Murray more game time. Team looked a lot better on Friday when Turner and him came on.

C`mon
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 13:05

Another winger or attacking midfielder would be good. It is good to see McCann being used a centre forward now, that`s clearly his best position. Fraser Murray has been injured, but I am sure he will feature more in the next few weeks. A bit more competition/variety can`t hurt.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 13:13

Palace u23s playing now and he isnt involved.

king mentions Smith, guessing if this comes off with Banks that any interest in Smith would end if there was any, only way you could bring both in is if Murray`s loan was ended or someone else in those areas left which i cant see.

the idea of a "seasoned pro" up front, there are very few around and even fewer that would be available or affordable so if we were trying to bring in another striker its more likely to be a younger player.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 13:25

Cammy Smith`s Utd deal expires at the end of January I believe. So he would be a permanent signing I think.

Edit - I was talking nonsense, I`m sure I`d read his deal was up in January but seems to be end of May. I think Mickey Mellon has confirmed he`s not in his plans however, so likely he may be released on a free.

Post Edited (Mon 18 Jan 13:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 13:26

Hopefully he can put a good corner/cross in

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Leamington_sPAR  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 15:09

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 18 Jan 13:26

Indeed, couldn’t believe how poor our crosses and corners were last Friday!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 18 Jan 15:45

Quote:

Leamington_sPAR, Mon 18 Jan 15:09

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 18 Jan 13:26

Indeed, couldn’t believe how poor our crosses and corners were last Friday!

They have been poor for weeks doesn't matter from what side Thomas dow and Murray have all been culprits of it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net