DAFC.net
Home 03 March 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Player Ratings v Ayr
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Sat 23 Jan 19:09

A Dire Display as a Team, only positive for me was another solid defensive display.

I don`t get the notion of setting up with a Holding Midfielder at home when your Opposition have 1 striker (Zanatta).

Fon Williams - 6 Dealt with what he had to generally well, a couple of poor punches from crosses
Comrie - 7 Usual solid performance, defended well and got forward when he could
Edwards - Solid again, see above
Watson - 7 Not the busiest game for our Central Defenders but dealt well with what they had to
Murray - 7 see above
Whittaker - 6 just ok
Wilson - 7 Worked very hard and got forward to try and assist McManus
Turner - 5 Nothing came off for him and he disappeared from the game after knock to head in 1st half, worst game for a long time.
Dow - 4 Dire, offered nothing, really should noy have seen the 2nd half
Thomas - 4 Dire offered nothing, set pieces were awful, see above comment, should have been subbed at HT
McManus - 3 a total shocker summed up with taking the free kick off Murray near the end with expected result, this lad is a reasonable player but cannot play up front on his own, lacked any support when he did get turned with the ball.

For me this formation and selection is tired and predictable, the change v Inverness freshened things up and needs doing again for the game next week, although we probably should play with Whittaker again as holding midfielder / man marker next week.

McManus, although not given a lot of service made a hash of everything that did land for him, he needs benching for a period of time and we should try out a 2nd striker v Rovers if not v Hearts next week.

We have invested heavily on OHara who has not pulled up any tress yet, bar v Alloa but he needs to be given a run possibly with McCann, although I would give Dow a run at playing off our front man and change our style.

Not a good day at the office today and that performance was generally brutal, but clean sheet and 1 point is the saving grace.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Player Ratings v Ayr
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 23 Jan 19:21

"I don`t get the notion of setting up with a Holding Midfielder at home when your Opposition have 1 striker (Zanatta)"

to pick up Smith playing as a no10 or when the wide players rotated with him. when we changed to near enough 442, they got more space in those areas and arguably caused more problems in and around the box.

"For me this formation and selection is tired and predictable, the change v Inverness freshened things up and needs doing again for the game next week"

we have barely used that formation so i disagree on that. the selections since the Inverness game have been the right ones imo, next week they might tweak things slightly but i wouldnt expect huge changes.

Post Edited (Sat 23 Jan 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net