DAFC.net
Home 16 October 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Vloggers
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Sat 23 Jan 20:43

Now like everyone else, I am desperate to get back into seeing the games instead of having to watch them online every Saturday.

So is it rite that people who have YouTube channels get access to the games, are they really journalists ? yes social media but come on really!!

Thoughts? Why should they get access into games when fans who paid season ticket money etc are still unable to attend.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Vloggers
Topic Originator: bencrawfordd  
Date:   Sat 23 Jan 23:01

Don’t think this applies to many people (vloggers) at the moment?

Pars Review: https://twitter.com/parsreview?s=21
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BVIChsK6v-iTyJnKNf7Eg
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 23 Jan 23:56

The original post reeks of jealousy to me to be honest. If someone gets in ground as a vlogger with a journalistic angle then what’s the issue? There are only ever going to be a limited number allowed access in current circumstances anyways so let’s not make too big a deal about it? No need for more folk to get their chips p|ssed on in these awful times.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 01:56

Quote:

PARS207, Sat 23 Jan 20:43

Now like everyone else, I am desperate to get back into seeing the games instead of having to watch them online every Saturday.

So is it rite that people who have YouTube channels get access to the games, are they really journalists ? yes social media but come on really!!

Thoughts? Why should they get access into games when fans who paid season ticket money etc are still unable to attend.

What a fanny
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 04:27

Some of the best quality reporting and entertainment is now on YouTube. I watch a few channels that have better production quality than you get on mainstream TV.

Just because someone doesn't have a degree in Journalism, doesn't mean they can't be a good presenter or reporter. That's not taking anything away from people with degrees in journalism. The key thing with YouTube is building that following. People don't subscribe to channels unless they are good in the same way people typically only watch TV that they enjoy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 11:21

only asking opinions ffs !!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 11:44

Only asking for thoughts but you've made your position clear - they shouldn't be there. Others are disagreeing. It's called debate.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Craigston_Par  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 11:45

Some vloggers are aspiring journalists and write articles for different social media sites or websites. So therefore some are totally ok to go in and do write ups of games and take a camera with them. I’m sure they’re going to games to write the report more than to vlog it. Surely it’s a nice thing to see?

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 12:13

Playing devils advocate a bit but where do you draw the line. There must be some sort of rule that permits the entry pass to be issued?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 12:39

Presumably club discretion? Although helpful, qualifications don't mean you're necessarily good at something.

For example, I'm assuming Buffy isn't necessarily qualified as a broadcaster or journalist, but she gives the best match updates I've seen.

From a Pars perspective, I'd be expecting to see the likes of Buffy, Burty and Ben (the three Bs) allowed in for reporting purposes. I'm not aware of other bloggers, vloggers or podcasters so would be hard to judge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 13:02

hardly making opinion clear so far lol

jealousy.... hardly

JTH has very good point, where do u draw the line. Clubs up and down the country don`t or cant allow certain club employees or helpers into grounds on matchdays, including those who helped clear the park at EEP on Friday to get the game on! But various vloggers and bloggers can contact clubs and they are given matchday access and travel from the other side of the country to games.

Appreciate what your saying about YouTube channels jake89, but in these times, should they be gaining access to grounds on matchdays when thousands of a teams fan base cant get in to see their team play, thats the question.

As for the best updates.... thats certainly another topic altogether lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 13:14

Pars207 that’s how your initial post and the way it was worded sounded to me. If that’s not the case then apologies if I’ve picked that up wrong.

What recent examples made you make the post in the first place? Something clearly has got to you. Personally I like the fact that vloggers can attend and as long as they are sticking to the rules and the clubs are sanctioning it, it gives more coverage of our games and more opinion footage.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 13:19

Nothing has clearly got to me.

Only re joined the forum last week after a few years away from it so thought would ask peoples opinions about the situation that`s been a weekly occurrence around the country both while under restrictions and lockdown.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 13:52

Saying "come on really" suggests you're not in favour?

Right now I would imagine it's heavily locked down in terms of access with only a limited ParsTV crew allowed in.

Should there be any reduction in restrictions then I'd see no issue with having the vloggers in provided the club deems it safe and of value to the club.

Would be allowed into EEP right now be seen as a reward? Zero atmosphere, no where to get food or drink and not allowed to sit beside anyone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 14:14

Quote:

jake89, Sun 24 Jan 12:39

Presumably club discretion? Although helpful, qualifications don't mean you're necessarily good at something.

For example, I'm assuming Buffy isn't necessarily qualified as a broadcaster or journalist, but she gives the best match updates I've seen.

From a Pars perspective, I'd be expecting to see the likes of Buffy, Burty and Ben (the three Bs) allowed in for reporting purposes. I'm not aware of other bloggers, vloggers or podcasters so would be hard to judge.

From a Pars perspective the only one out of those three I'd expect to see is Burty, not a dig at either Buffy or Ben but neither are employed or provide a service that the club doesn't already provide surely? The club do updates on twitter and cows, at these times where quite rightly you're only getting told to go out of it's an essential journey I don't think you'd get away with handing out another pass for a service the club already provides, I'm sure I seen Buffy post similar that she didn't expect to be back at the stadium until this all blew over.

While with Ben I think the problem comes in with your last sentence
"I'm not aware of other bloggers, vloggers or podcasters so would be hard to judge." so where do you draw the line? It's not Ben's livelihood isn't the vlog (AFAIK), if you or I was to start a vlog would it then be fair for us to go in? Or do you draw the line at popularity? Although in doing that you could be seen to be cutting the legs out from aspiring bloggers and vloggers...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 15:14

The only link to the club that most fans have at the moment is through media and social media.

Before anyone gets too concerned about someone getting privileged access whereas you don't, just remember that they're providing a service that some may really value - even if it's not to your taste.

I do know the club take all the rules and protocols extremely seriously though and know they wouldn't accommodate anyone who doesn't provide something important to at least a section of the fanbase.

For full disclosure, I'm part of the podcast the club does (latest one coming soon, having been recorded on Wednesday) and we have not been in the stadium nor have we asked to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAVEDAFC  
Date:   Thu 28 Jan 01:13

Just stumbled across this thread.

I am one of the very lucky few that have able to be inside grounds so far this season.

For just over a year now I’ve been covering games for a company called GRV media, an opportunity that was given to me as an aside to my journalism college course and that hasn’t continued this season.

As well as doing that I do also have my own YouTube channel and whilst I wouldn’t say I could be classed as a vlogger, I have on one occasion vlogged a game at EEP just as a way to give people an insight into what it’s like being inside empty stadiums.

I don’t think there’s any cases where people get access to games because they are vloggers, they need to be accredited journalists.

Luckily for me as a Pars fan, I predominantly get sent to cover Dunfermline games but have also done games at several other SPFL grounds this season.

I must say that in terms of following protocols and ensuring that the people inside the ground is limited to those that need to be there, the club do a very good job, probably the best I’ve seen this season.

The DBuick22 YouTube channel, home of the ParsTalk podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtcOarggXvuccF4k0ERQO0Q
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 28 Jan 15:28

My anxiety level is out the window in the current climate; I know some of you mean well but please keep me out of these kinds of threads thanks.

Apologies if anyone sees this as a rant.

FTR Grant is correct; I’m happy to remain safe at home as it’s the (majority) of fans who make my updates experience better and more rewarding.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net