DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Yesterday’s highlights
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 20:33

Looking back we have no left midfield at all... all came down the right most of the time and the left hand side of the pitch is nowhere.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Yesterday’s highlights
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 20:47

Quote:

EEP, Sun 24 Jan 20:33

Looking back we have no left midfield at all... all came down the right most of the time and the left hand side of the pitch is nowhere.

thats been case for a good while, Thomas ain't performed for months and when he cross the ball from the right he hangs back rather than going in to attack it, might not be a strong point if his heading but least get yourself into the position and put the defender under pressure
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 21:31

Well done to Parstv for finding 8.27mins off highlights
I don`t think anyone got a pass mark yesterday , and it just re-iterated what many have said for a long time none of our wide players have performed , probably the last time they did was against Hearts , certainly hope we don`t play like we have been playing of late against Hearts this coming Saturday or we will be on the end of a tanking ( yes I know Hearts have had a blip ) but you know what usually happens when teams are looking for a win , we normally roll over and underperform
thanks again for highlights

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 24 Jan 22:36

The alternative view being we've lost 1 game out of the last 22 competitive matches.

Hearts have lost 2 of their last 3 and haven't kept a clean sheet since the beginning of December.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 07:14

Correct DA-go, Hearts have lost 3 now, while we have lost just one. The draws will kill us, though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-adise  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 08:43

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 09:01

Away with your sensible and rational posts

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-adise  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 09:15

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 15:53

The reason we played well and scored against Hearts is that they did not pack the goalbox with 6 to 8 defenders most of the game. We had opportunities to get shots away.
Maybe we should focus on longer range shots. This division is so competitive most teams are setting up not to lose and the penalty box is like a sardine tin.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 16:55

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 25 Jan 15:53

The reason we played well and scored against Hearts is that they did not pack the goalbox with 6 to 8 defenders most of the game. We had opportunities to get shots away.
Maybe we should focus on longer range shots. This division is so competitive most teams are setting up not to lose and the penalty box is like a sardine tin.

correct !! vast majority of teams we play at eep sit deep and and don't come out from their defensive position, Hearts did so it looked like we were much more of a threat cause of the spaces left by them.

One negative thing about watching the game on the Internet is you don't get the full picture of the park to see formations, how deep or far up a team are set etc compared to being at the game with good view of the whole of the park so u will miss a lot of the movement etc from players when watching it on Internet stream, but course wouldn't want to not see our games !!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:32

Let’s face it our front line is poor at the moment. McManus is getting marked tightly by both Centre Backs, however, when you watch the ball come in from the wings he doesn’t seem to be able to make space for himself. So when the ball comes over he’s normally stuck in the middle of a Defender sandwich and either doesn’t get the ball or doesn’t get it cleanly. He doesn’t seem to be capable of running the line on his own and only another striker up front will help him. Unfortunately I have a feeling we won’t be getting one in during this break and unless Crawford can motivate like a Leishman possessed I fear we are only going to drop places until a mid league finish.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:39

Keep hearing this "teams sitting in against us " .
I just don't see it . Morton , Ayr , Arbroath , Q,o.S , etc have all come to eep and given us problems at both ends of the park .
Maybe it's just that we're not as good as we thought we were .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:49

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 25 Jan 17:39

Keep hearing this "teams sitting in against us " .
I just don't see it . Morton , Ayr , Arbroath , Q,o.S , etc have all come to eep and given us problems at both ends of the park .
Maybe it's just that we're not as good as we thought we were .

just cause they sit in doesn't meant they don't attack!

when you mention those teams are you talking about this current season?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:56

Yip , this season .
Watched the full 90 mins of all those games and they all gave as good as they got .
In my opinion .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 18:03

Tbh u don't see the true story of the game, tactics, formations etc unfortunately when watching from our TV gantry position compared to say being in then main stand or high up in the norrie.

When our centre halfs have the ball, watching online you don't see the movement or lack off from the players infront, you can't see how far back the opposition defence are set up or who is marking who.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 18:47

Quote:

ParfectXI, Mon 25 Jan 17:32

Let’s face it our front line is poor at the moment. McManus is getting marked tightly by both Centre Backs, however, when you watch the ball come in from the wings he doesn’t seem to be able to make space for himself. So when the ball comes over he’s normally stuck in the middle of a Defender sandwich and either doesn’t get the ball or doesn’t get it cleanly. He doesn’t seem to be capable of running the line on his own and only another striker up front will help him. Unfortunately I have a feeling we won’t be getting one in during this break and unless Crawford can motivate like a Leishman possessed I fear we are only going to drop places until a mid league finish.

No easy avoiding a defender sandwich when there are 8 of them in the box as soon as you attack.

Get the long range shots practiced.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 19:27

PARrot . Don't you think part of the problem that there are 8 in the box when we attack , is that we are so slow in the build up . Can't blame the opposition for our deficiencies .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 20:36

Maybe. I just want to see more goals. Another idea is a secondary net rather than a bigger goal. 2 points for a goal and 1 point if you hit the outer net. Still a bugger if you hit the framework though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 00:07

I agree with Ryan Dows comments. They had chances but snatched at them. At this stage it is about composure and concentration. That is what will bring goals.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net