DAFC.net
Home 26 February 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Signing incoming...
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 09:24

From the twitter page
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Signing incoming...
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 09:33

Confirmed as Scott Banks on loan, pleased with that, hoping he can add a bit of spark for us going forward
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 09:39

Sounds like a good addition.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 11:11

He will have played with O`Hara at Alloa last season so hopefully they already have an understanding. Looks a great signing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 11:14

a spark not just in open play either, he does take corners and free kicks as well which people have complained about recently.

even more options now in the forward areas, hopefully he has a big impact and it gets the all the other forward players going too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 11:28

Fantastic signing. One that Palace fans want to see in the first team this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 12:17

A lot of Palace fans are not happy. They think Dunfermline (and the Scottish championship in general) is far too low a standard for him to be going to. Let`s hope they`re right and he can make a massive difference to our team. Looks to be a fantastic signing for us. Many of them are saying he should be getting a chance in their first team, based on his form in the U23s

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 12:32

He will need to be a magician to spark some life into that dross we watched on Saturday. Good luck to him wish him all the best.And Crawford needs to say it like it is regarding players performances, instead of glossing over them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:00

Quote:

RossF, Mon 25 Jan 12:17

A lot of Palace fans are not happy. They think Dunfermline (and the Scottish championship in general) is far too low a standard for him to be going to. Let`s hope they`re right and he can make a massive difference to our team. Looks to be a fantastic signing for us. Many of them are saying he should be getting a chance in their first team, based on his form in the U23s

I remember hearing the same about mcinroy also seeing a video of all his goals he scored starting to question if we got the same guy as I've seen none of that from him since he arrived. Good luck to the guy hopefully will replace Dow or Thomas as both have been rank for weeks

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:07

RossF- when you say "A lot of Palace fans aren't happy", how many are you aware of?

Also I think it's being a bit demanding to expect a 19 year old to make a huge difference to us. Unless his name is Foden. I'll be delighted if he does tho 😜
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:13

Let`s not put too much pressure on the shoulders of this second coming of Adam Hammill.

Welcome to the Pars Scott "Saviour" Banks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:14

Was he good at Alloa? Can`t say I remember him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:17

Signed in late January and Only played 3 or 4 games prior to lockdown.

Post Edited (Mon 25 Jan 13:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:23

If you read Twitter JHT123 there are Palace fans moaning that he should be going to the English championship - not the Scottish. There are also Palace fans who say they will follow his progress at Dunfermline and are excited about his potential.

I am not putting any pressure on him, that`s just what I read on social media. However, if he cannot handle the pressure at Dunfermline, then that is worrying for his chances at Palace. He is the type of player we need though and I am very excited to see how he gets on. Our two wingers have been off form recently so it is good to have another option.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 13:54

I was being pedantic about you describing half a dozen people as 'a lot'. That's all.

It's good that there are few Palace fans who seem to think he's got the makings of a player.

Theirs is one of those old school grounds that I'd like to sample the atmosphere at one day. Strikes me that it could be a good day out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 14:02

To be fair `a lot` of fans are disappointed he`s came to us and not a better level.

I`m happy with that though. Obviously means he is highly rated. I`ve never thought about us winning the league but a signing like this could give us an even better chance of securing a play off spot. We have a tough game on Saturday but The Rovers have proven they are beatable at Tynecastle.

I would love to see another striker coming in before the window shuts and that would make me feel very content on our squad and it`s depth.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 14:11

Quote:

Ianoappar, Mon 25 Jan 12:32

He will need to be a magician to spark some life into that dross we watched on Saturday. Good luck to him wish him all the best.And Crawford needs to say it like it is regarding players performances, instead of glossing over them.

How do you know he isn't?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 14:16

It would be a great psychological move if SC came out and publicly criticised his players wouldn`t it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 15:43

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 25 Jan 14:16

It would be a great psychological move if SC came out and publicly criticised his players wouldn`t it?

They are nowhere near as bad as some wannabe managers on here suggest every time we fail to win.

Palace fans refer to him as The Scottish Messi. They are more worried abour him getting injured than anything else. Best advice on his twitter...someone said ignore DAFC.net.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 15:46

How very dare they....
This site is a champion of all that's great abou...
Ach why bother... At least it keeps me busy during lockdown.
Every cloud and aw that 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 16:00

Quote:

Ianoappar, Mon 25 Jan 12:32

A Great statement

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 16:26

I can’t see a striker coming in tbh. This signing will be to help out the current bunch with the hope of getting the strikers we currently have firing in with some regularity. Could be wrong. I’d expect to see more of o’hara considering the 3 year deal
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:00

Quote:

AlterPar, Mon 25 Jan 16:26

I can’t see a striker coming in tbh. This signing will be to help out the current bunch with the hope of getting the strikers we currently have firing in with some regularity. Could be wrong. I’d expect to see more of o’hara considering the 3 year deal

whats the 3 year deal got to do with it , lad fell down to part time football for a year or so, played vast majority of the last 3 or 4 seasons on artifical surfaces, joins one a club he has some unwanted history with from an old rival club, we are only 12 games or something into the actual season remember in the league, global pandemic happening which could be effecting him or his family on various ways, give the guy a chance !! the manager obviously sees something in him and is confident he can get the best out if him, think too many people are quick to think mcmanus or ohara are straight replacements for nisbet but he is in a totally different league of his own compared to the 2 strikers we have brought in for this season and going forward
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:03

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:10

Far too sensible for this place

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:29

Seems a very skilful player but very small in stature , a bit like Billy Gilmour.

Hope he does well for us......but for me, no new striker.....season peters out.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 25 Jan 17:37

Well I think you read my message wrong. Didn’t pass any judgement on o’hara. Just said I imagine he will get more of a chance as the club have committed to a 3 year deal. Our strikers obviously just needing a bit more help, hence the signing of banks!

Post Edited (Mon 25 Jan 17:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 14:26

Palace fans seem to really rate him - they call him Scottish Messi :D

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 21:02

Interview on the twitter feed on COWS. He seems a confident lad without being cocky. He sees himself as `creative`, making chances for himself and his team-mates. It seems that SAC tried to bring him in during the last transfer window but it didn`t happen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 21:59

Creative is what we need, defence issue relatively settled for now. Hopefully this lad will help get the juices flowing again and a wee bit flair into our game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 26 Jan 22:06

We seem to have plenty options, room for flexibility.

Hope he can play a part, certainly could freshen up as you say.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net