DAFC.net
Home 27 February 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Meltdown as per!!!
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 19:35

FFs get a grip everyone, we're still up there and I'm confident we'll take more points than most of the other teams between now and the end of the season.

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Meltdown as per!!!
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 19:39

Ach folk like a gid moan when their team gets beat... It's human nature.
Bring oan the meltdown min 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 19:44

I wouldn`t go as far to say it`s a meltdown tonight. People are quite rightly disappointed with losing today and looking so poor after such a fantastic performance on Wednesday against one of the stronger teams in the league. Today was a game we really should be winning but unfortunately that was not the case.

The playoffs are still the aim this season. If we don`t make then I`d say that Crawford is not the answer but we are still there and hopefully after the next three/four games we can create a gap. They are all winnable and we should go into them with every belief that we`ll get max points if we play to our best.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 19:46

Some folk keep clapping, others keep moaning and some see it as it is.

Midweek was a great performance today was rank rotten.They were praised for the Raith win and today they are rightly criticised. Not a meltdown just an honest assessment of what the team produced.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 19:51

So few take account of the conditions though. No doubt someone will come on and say `it`s the same for both teams` but, for me, conditions like that are a great equaliser and it`s unreasonable to expect the usual standard of football in them. We`re even getting calls for the manager`s head on the strength of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 20:21

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 6 Feb 19:51

So few take account of the conditions though. No doubt someone will come on and say `it`s the same for both teams` but, for me, conditions like that are a great equaliser and it`s unreasonable to expect the usual standard of football in them. We`re even getting calls for the manager`s head on the strength of it.

The game went ahead surely we need to accept that? No point talking about conditions because if the score was reversed and dick was moaning about the conditions we would say his vendetta against pars continues. We need to accept this week has been the tail of our season good one week totally opposite the next the same as raith and all the others.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 20:24

Aye ok, jog on!

Post Edited (Sat 06 Feb 20:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 20:32

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Sat 6 Feb 19:46

Some folk keep clapping, others keep moaning and some see it as it is.

Midweek was a great performance today was rank rotten.They were praised for the Raith win and today they are rightly criticised. Not a meltdown just an honest assessment of what the team produced.

This. Well said. Credit where it's due etc.
Today was disappointing. Not the fact that we got beat - that happens. I agree the conditions were a leveller but I wouldn't have expected us not to make their keeper work hard in the 2nd half in those conditions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 20:42

Likewise, we don,t seem to be adaptable, we should have went for the jugular 2nd half , unfortunately we didn,t have that in our locker today, sometimes we need to ditch the pretty football, today was that day

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 20:50

We need to be able to win dirty but it sounds like the conditions in Arbroath were pretty rubbish. Their players will be used to that pitch. Not the best excuse but Arbroath used their surroundings to their advantage.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 21:41

A lot of our fans, especially the ones that post on here, are a bunch of wee bed wetters. They can't handle it when things don't go to plan and fling the toys out the pram. Once they grow up a wee bit, they will maybe realise that it's only a game and it's not the end of the world.
We are well poised to get into the play offs, it's a well matched league. Don't panic, there's always next week
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 22:18

Today was like asking a Ferrari to race a banger around the Cowdenbeath Racewall.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 6 Feb 23:29

Is this what football is now still in Scotland? Just get on with it because that’s what they did in the old days? It was a disgrace that game was played.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 00:27

I don't really get this "bed-wetter" criticism...this is a football forum, and talking about football is full of ridiculous hyperbole and emotion. When we win it's superb, amazing, brilliant. When we lose it's not acceptable, pathetic, brutal, honking (my word for today's efforts) , sh1te. I certainly don't assume someone "throwing the toys out the pram" is doing anything more than indulging in this microcosm of football chat excess, and when they log off they will no doubt return to the normal rational world, with key concerns such as how much bog roll is left.

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 01:04

We were simply beaten by the better team on the day ,forget the conditions ,Arbroath adapted better and they played well ,we didnt
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 01:09

First of all, no excuses. I did not see the game but Arbroath by all accounts deserved to win. I’m old enough to remember when their crafty fox of a manager was called Richie Campbell.

Secondly, the football season has been unaltered since its inception, which was to incorporate the cricket season as per McKane Park in our instance.
However, if you were ever to sit down and organise a nine month season, the months you would omit would be January to March when the grass does not grow and the weather is at its worst. That’s the months when the Queen used to go on a Commonwealth visit since the weather was so miserable back in the UK. High wind destroys a game of football as much as a frosty or muddy pitch; I remember Malpas of Dundee Utd being seriously injured at EEP when a gale force wind erupted and made football unplayable.

The Summer Football argument was a live issue back in the mid 1960s- I remember being at Carnegie Hall and hearing Jock Stein argue against it- but in terms of spectator comfort (remember them) and quality of football the argument has never gone away. From what I have gleaned off the website it appears the Arbroath match was a gruelling exercise in sado-masochism rather than the finer points of football. Maybe time for a re-think.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 06:35

Sammer - The wind was far too strong, continuously blowing the ball back and to one side. Arbroath certainly handled the awful conditions better and deserved to win; but for me the game should have been called off. Only ever played once in crazy wind at Fish Hoek in the Western Cape. Same thing - the ref should never have started the game but did. At least my team scored with a free kick from the edge of the box. The ball kept rolling away so was hard to take the free kick. Our player deliberately aimed far to the right of the goal and the wind caught it and blew it into the top right corner of the net. Spectacular goal. At least Scotland’s brilliant first win at Twickenham for 38 years lifted the spirits after yesterday’s game.

Edited to change autocorrected Scammer to Sammer

Post Edited (Sun 07 Feb 12:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 09:11

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 6 Feb 19:51

Conditions the same for both teams, one team got on with , the other were chickened out, didn't fancy it.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 12:37

Whether the weather was playable or not we have to understand and respect that both teams were forced to play in it.

We played well against Hearts and narrowly lost. We were superb against Raith and won and poor against Arbroath.

This is a tough league.

Who would have thought that Hearts would have lost 3 games at this stage in the season?

I predict we will rebound from this and win a few then dip again with another poor performance and the show will go on.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 12:44

That game from my point of view was embarassing and naive. My problem with Craw he rarely changes his system. It was as if he, and the players, had never played with windy conditions before.
It was bad enough in the first 45 when we couldn`t get out of our own half by punting the ball rather than playing on the ground. We did very little different in the 2nd half and I can hardly remember any shots at the keeper.
It was just brutal to watch, could have played all week and not scored.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 12:49

Just noticed autocorrect changed Sammer to Scammer in my post above,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 12:53

Quote:

DunfyDave, Sun 07 Feb 12:37

Whether the weather was playable or not we have to understand and respect that both teams were forced to play in it.

We played well against Hearts and narrowly lost. We were superb against Raith and won and poor against Arbroath.

This is a tough league.

Who would have thought that Hearts would have lost 3 games at this stage in the season?

I predict we will rebound from this and win a few then dip again with another poor performance and the show will go on.

Agree - well done to Arbroath who handled conditions better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 13:05

I didn`t think there was a meltdown regarding the game
people just came and gave their opinion on what they saw and it was not pretty it was naïve from us in how we approached the game the first half especially should have defended better and if we won the toss well we chose the wrong option to kick against the wind first half ,but then again would we have scored ??? you can dissect the game as much as you want but it will be same result we got Beat
And like any forum you have to be rational as everyone see`s thing differently
As for me I saw one team chase down everything and shoot when they got a chance and of course coupled with getting a 2 goal advantage wasted as much time as possible
Well played Arbroath on the day you wanted the 3 points more than us and it showed with the effort you put in

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 13:05

`My problem with Craw he rarely changes his system`

Are we watching the same team?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 13:06

11 points in 10 games with 12 scored and 12 conceded.
The only teams worse than us are Alloa and Morton.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Feb 15:01)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 13:43

EEP
your stats show the problem we are toiling and we are lucky other teams are in the same vein of form
11 points in 10 games with 12 scored and 12 conceded.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 14:35

Crawford does change his system. You cant just make stuff up

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 15:22

The season is far from over. More games to be lost and won. Other than hearrts most teams are capable of beating each other. We are not consistent enough to win the league. If we make the playoffs we have to be able to stay up if we get promoted. I don't think we are there personally, but we continue to move in the right direction. Next season looks a better option to me once we have consolidated and built on this season.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Playing to the weather....
Topic Originator: PAR57  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 15:38

Arbroath know how to play in their own back yard.....painfully obvious yesterday,
Wee needed a wee bit direct play instead of faffing about....
I wasnt too worried at 2 nil down, because I thought strong wind on our tails etc etc........BUT....what happened......????
What was wrong with piling players into the Arbroath box and big Owain doing an 80 yard punt in amongst the players....induce panic......If we got one goal we would have got a hatfull....................
We were 1 nil down to Stranraer many many moons ago....blowin a hoolie.....second half......ended 6-1 to the Pars with Mick Leonard scoring 4 goals...
Sometimes you have to win dirty............we were not dirty enough yesterday.
BUT onwards and upwards.......playoffs seem to be our target.....we are on our way........

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 17:20

I will just be very pleased if we make the play off positions come the end of the season. A lot of folk underestimating the competition in this league and how bizzare results can be.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 18:23

Yes,I would be happy to make play offs.This league is so competitive, no team has a Devine right to win a particular game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 20:56

"Yes,I would be happy to make play offs.This league is so competitive, no team has a Devine right to win a particular game."

Don`t bring me into this arguement please !!!

Post Edited (Sun 07 Feb 20:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 22:06

With the way we are playing there is no way we will make the playoffs.
Last 10 games played and we are brutal.
These investors will not be happy at all...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 22:40

We weren`t brutal against Hearts or the Rovers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 22:43

Quote:

EEP, Sun 7 Feb 22:06

With the way we are playing there is no way we will make the playoffs.
Last 10 games played and we are brutal.
These investors will not be happy at all...

Poor attempt.. Up your game min 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 23:17

"We weren`t brutal against Hearts or the Rovers."

The other side of the coin - one win in last 5 games and failed to score in 4 of them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 23:35

Stats say it all and over the past ten games played we are in front off Alloa and Morton... would the new shareholders be ok with this?
Hope the new CB slots in well.... I’m sure our German guys got him in?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 23:57

Quote:

EEP, Sun 7 Feb 23:35

Stats say it all and over the past ten games played we are in front off Alloa and Morton... would the new shareholders be ok with this?

Nope , agent got in contact with the club and then club spoke to Skerla about the lad , agent has done business with the club before.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 00:11

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 7 Feb 23:57

Quote:

Nope , agent got in contact with the club and then club spoke to Skerla about the lad , agent has done business with the club before.

And this came from what reliable source ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 00:54

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Mon 8 Feb 00:11

Quote:

PARS207, Sun 7 Feb 23:57

Quote:

And this came from what reliable source ?

Official website and the agent was Mvoto's agent
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 03:19

Get a grip ,that team craw put out was a good team ,stop pointing the finger at Craw ,the 11 on the park is who the fingers should be pointed at
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 08:44

Thing is Al , they might be good players but how motivated were they ? I know some will say they shouldn't need motivated , but some players do and it's all part of the managers job to do that , and everything I've heard and read so far from SC has been whingeing abt the conditions
I wouldn't mind to have been able to listen to the two managers dressing room talks . Don't know abt SC , but I would put a lot of money on Dick Campbell having his team well fired up for the game .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 10:50

I thought we still had enough chances to get back in the game. Both O'Hara and McManus somehow missed the target from close in, the goalie had one he saved from going in the top corner and there were a few other chances with headers and shots.
If one goes in it then turns to panic stations for Arbroath. Confidence rises and it's game on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 11:00

Kerr McInroy in an interview on COWS explains what SC told the players at half-time. It seems the players weren`t able to execute his instructions. I think Raymie explained elsewhere how difficult it is for players used to a certain style of play to adapt to a completely alien style under freakish conditions. Having said that, I think the match stats indicated we had as many shots on target as Arbroath did.

As usual on here the manager is tried, found guilty and sentenced on no credible evidence at all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-adise  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 14:35

Exactly wee eck. The levels of meltdown on here are beyond belief.

There was absolutely no chance of anyone other than Hearts winning the league. One point to highlight the gulf in resources - they had five internationalists starting on friday night...

We`ve hit a poor patch of form over the last few weeks however we`re still in the playoffs. Why? Because it`s tough league and all teams struggle for consistency.

Who is going to be able take our spot from us? Morton are garbage and the honeymoon period post-Hopkin seems to be fizzling out. Ayr have a good squad but have been even more inconsistent than us. Likewise ICT, and they now have a lot games to catch up on that they are very unlikely to pick up maximum points from all these.

Raith appear to be pig swill one week then Barcelona the next. And Dundee are wholly reliant on Charlie Adam based on everything I`ve seen if them.

Needless to say Saturday is huge though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 14:44

Crawford didn`t want to start the game should have told referee that instead of shilly shallowing when the ref asked the question.Manager didn`t want to play and team didn`t want to play in those conditions. And it showed in the performance.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 14:50

Just watched the highlights and I`ve no idea how we didn`t score in the second half. On another day 2 or 3 of those go in and we take a share of the points. Arbroath just handled the conditions better than we did and took their chances.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 15:05

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Mon 8 Feb 14:50

Just watched the highlights and I`ve no idea how we didn`t score in the second half. On another day 2 or 3 of those go in and we take a share of the points. Arbroath just handled the conditions better than we did and took their chances.

correct
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 16:16

Even the Arbroath commentator mentioned at one point the difference in body language between the Arbroath dugout and our own dugout.

The Arbroath commentator said that our players did not look up for it.

Christ since we got out of administration i have witnessed some terrible dunfermline performances and I can just about stomach that.

But on Saturday it was obvious they didn't fancy it in comparison to Arbroath. It's not the first where I have felt like we have just not fancied the game the other I can think of was the scottish cup last season against Stranraer again miles of it and when you thought it might improve in the second half it was just as poor.

Maybe it's just me but I want that dunfermline team to try harder than what the produced on Saturday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 17:23

Totally agree LEGEND85. It’s not the defeat that annoyed me but more the performance. We should be expecting more from the players we have. We seem to have had a few of these under Crawford where we just don’t turn up. Not just 45 mins but for the whole game.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 17:35

Said it elsewhere this season feels like it will just whimper out, don't really know why, we're just kinda ordinary.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 8 Feb 17:53

Quote:

The Toun Clock, Mon 8 Feb 14:50

Agreed. All the talk about lack of effort, poor performance, not motivated....away an have a cold shower ya muppets.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net