DAFC.net
Home 10 May 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The 30 Year Wait
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 11:48

The decidedly cr@ppy weather this weekend made me wimp out of my running schedule, so I resorted to the exercise bike my daughter left behind when she got married. Normally, I wouldn`t last more than 10 mins on it, but I`ve found that watching something on my PC monitor while pedalling, can alleviate the boredom. I watched a really interesting and insightful documentary about Liverpool`s 30 year title drought. There are contributions from many people involved with the club during that time and clips of famous games. It`s 90 mins long, so I watched it in two approx 45 min sessions, which is a new record on the bike, for me. :-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000m7l8/liverpool-fc-the-30year-wait

I`m not a Liverpool fan, but I like my football and can thoroughly recommend it, but I realise some folk of a Man U persuasion would probably rather get a tooth drilled out without anaesthetic....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The 30 Year Wait
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 13:28

Try watching 3 Kings on Prime, Pars are even in it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 14:03

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 7 Feb 13:28

Try watching 3 Kings on Prime, Pars are even in it!

Cheers, L.A. Will do - if the weather doesn't improve.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 14:12

Yes GG there is zero chance of myself ever watching that particular feature. The smallest of silver linings with this pandemic is that it saved us the scene of the Liverpool fans packing out Anfield and seeing their team lift aloft the trophy while belting out You`ll Never Walk Alone. In some ways I`m a petty and bitter man.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Feb 14:18

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 7 Feb 14:12

Yes GG there is zero chance of myself ever watching that particular feature. The smallest of silver linings with this pandemic is that it saved us the scene of the Liverpool fans packing out Anfield and seeing their team lift aloft the trophy while belting out You`ll Never Walk Alone. In some ways I`m a petty and bitter man.

😂🤣😂🤣 You're also very funny, TOWK.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net