DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Craig Wighton
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 16:01

Joins on loan until end of the season

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Craig Wighton
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 16:21

Brilliant! Had a feeling we might get him in on loan since Hearts confirmed he wouldn`t be involved.

Welcome to East End, Craig!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 16:25

Going by his pic I don't see much of the "weight" he was supposed to be carrying, looks in good nick.
Hope he does well.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 16:27

Glad to finally get him in. Didn't like the idea of him training and not playing. There is big difference between being fit and being match fit.
Hearts most likely feel comfortable with points distance they have created and needed to ease the wage bill.
For our squad, feeling really happy with Crawford and boards work to strengthen. COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 16:35

Extra attacking option can only be a good thing.

Hopefully he will help with a few goals but maybe more important help create better opportunities for the current strikers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 17:59

As a pair it would let McManus play in his stronger role of down the channels, I think this will be the key to more goals

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 18:25

Fair play to the club for not bowing to pressure to pay them a fee for him.
Obviously we don't know the financial detail of the loan deal but you'd have to think it will be a better deal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 18:46

Excellent news.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 18:52

Welcome aboard Craig .. Hope you enjoy the Pars experience

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 18:56

I imagine he won't be allowed to play against Hearts on 3rd April.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 11:03

Not overly optimistic about this signing but hopefully it works for us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 14:03

Craig is a proven goalscorer so it is definately in there. Sometimes a change is good. Hopefully he sees himself coming to the club not as a step back but develop his game like the other players. The long term direction of the club looks good to me. We have invested well in players who have both the skill, drive and opportunity to succeed. Hopefully those qualities will all rub off on each other.

It is difficult for anyone to be told you are not in a clubs future plans. Its not important what others think, more what you think and believe of yourself.

I welcome Craig to the club and I wish him and everyone else who comes to the club every success in their career.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Feb 23:19

Very pleased with this. Stevie Crawford has done some good work in this window with Kyle MacDonald, Scott Banks, Vytas Gašpuitis and Craig Wighton coming in.

It has not been a full-scale revision of the squad, just some adjustments to fill in the obvious gaps we currently have and some pre-planning for next season, wherever we end up.

Hearts were said to have paid Dundee 250k for Wighton in 2018. He is the same age as Kevin Nisbet and in his Dundee days was regarded as every bit as big a prospect as Kevin is now. He seems to have lost his way a bit at Hearts, but so did Kevin at Partick Thistle.

I have a good feeling about this signing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 00:06

Quote:

Indiapar, Sat 13 Feb 14:03

Craig is a proven goalscorer so it is definately in there. Sometimes a change is good. Hopefully he sees himself coming to the club not as a step back but develop his game like the other players. The long term direction of the club looks good to me. We have invested well in players who have both the skill, drive and opportunity to succeed. Hopefully those qualities will all rub off on each other.

It is difficult for anyone to be told you are not in a clubs future plans. Its not important what others think, more what you think and believe of yourself.

I welcome Craig to the club and I wish him and everyone else who comes to the club every success in their career.

Can you tell me where he was a proven goal scorer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 00:38

Why are some people so damn negative. Give the guy a chance.

Post Edited (Sun 14 Feb 00:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 01:53

He scored the goal that got Dundee United relegated to the Championship in the 93rd minute when he was at Dundee, also scored one of the goals that got Hearts to the Scottish Cup Final against Hibs in the semi final so clearly a player in there. He has my full support and hopefully kicks on with us.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sun 14 Feb 01:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 05:07

There is an interesting article here https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/football-can-be-brutal-world-craig-wighton-deserved-more-respect-hearts-3133884

If true it seems a very strange managerial approach. There was a good article in the Harvard Business magazine where they analysed Alex Fergusons management style. Some good points in there on how to manage people and organisations.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 06:12

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 14 Feb 05:07

There is an interesting article here https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/football-can-be-brutal-world-craig-wighton-deserved-more-respect-hearts-3133884

If true it seems a very strange managerial approach. There was a good article in the Harvard Business magazine where they analysed Alex Fergusons management style. Some good points in there on how to manage people and organisations.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 14 Feb 08:51

for both Hearts and Arbroath in the last year:
10 goals in 20 appearances
6 in 13 in the championship

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net