DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Midfield
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:07

I have never seen a midfield get the runaround every one of them gave the ball away .Even when Whittaker came on he was no better,every 50 50 ball we were second best .I don’t know what Grant was moaning at not the referees fault they got beat saying that his team deserved a at least a draw we were woefull.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Midfield
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:09

Yes the amount of space they had all over the pitch was remarkable. Looked like we were standing off and failing to close down quick enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:14

u dont know what Grant was moaning at? did u actually watch the game? clear as day to everyone else why he was moaning.

alloas midfield move and rotate all the time creating over load in the middle of the park thats why, if craw went man for man against them and each player marked 1 player there, it would be seen as negative and wtf is he doing, so he goes attacking with 2 up front and 2 wide men so u leave the middle of the park open,

what does the manager do to combat the opposition threat, or cause some people think its just part time alloa we should be humping them..... simply not the case.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:14

It’s about time Turner was back in he was sticking out his last 4 games ,milk can turn quicker than Mayo and Wilson

F muller
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:17

Turners obviously not in favour for some reason but whatever it is, that`s the managements prerogative and they are the ones paid to make these decisions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:34

his last 4? he was dreadful in his last appearance! if there was a player we were missing most today it would be Dow, playing as a number 10 like against Raith before his injury. that was part of the problem today playing the 2 out and out strikers.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Feb 17:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:43

Turner was the standout in his last few appearances - Dow was playing really poorly yet Thomas was the one getting all the stick.

Personally I’d like to see both Turner and McInroy in the midfield, possibly with Wilson - I’d also bring Thomas back in and play Wighton on his own up front.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 17:48

Quite a few seem to have went off the boil since the excellent home win against Hearts in front of the TV cameras. Strange one.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 18:09

The manager comes under pressure to sign a striker to put away more of the chances we create. He does that and the guy puts away two half-chances. Now the midfield isn`t good enough. That`s the life of a football manager.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 18:37

(Now the midfield isn’t good enough) did you watch the game overrun ,lost every 50 50 and couldn’t tackle a fish supper worst display this season competitive wise.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 18:41

the same midfield that dominated Raith...

they had an off day today, the opposition made it difficult for them which guess what they are allowed to do.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 21:41

It was pretty grim today, we got three points so hopefully the bad game is out the way COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 01:10

Quote:

PARS207, Sat 20 Feb 17:14

u dont know what Grant was moaning at? did u actually watch the game? clear as day to everyone else why he was moaning.

alloas midfield move and rotate all the time creating over load in the middle of the park thats why, if craw went man for man against them and each player marked 1 player there, it would be seen as negative and wtf is he doing, so he goes attacking with 2 up front and 2 wide men so u leave the middle of the park open,

what does the manager do to combat the opposition threat, or cause some people think its just part time alloa we should be humping them..... simply not the case.

Can you explain how Alloas midfield rotate ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:22

After about half an hour we were certainly overrun. I hope the coaching staff when they look back at this will realise we needed a different shape out of possession with the way Alloa lined up with a kind of 3-6-1 or 3-4-2-1 if you like.

Their 2 wide centre backs went almost to the touchline, meaning they could spray the ball about between each other and work it so that one of them could roam forward with the ball. There was lots of space to do this because often, our wingers would often drop back with their wingbacks, meaning there was huge space and very little Mayo and Wilson could do as they already had 3 or 4 midfielders to deal with.

I think, if our wingers passed on the wingbacks to the fullbacks, and Murray and Banks had stayed more in a line with the midfielders, we`ve have made it much harder for them to get possession high up in our half. We also probably needed Wighton to drop into midfield as well to help out.

We were a bit more solid defensively after Whittaker came on, as another body in the middle helped, but we offered almost nothing on the counter attack today which was disappointing. The ball was bouncing off McManus and coming straight back. There was also little movement or quality from Mayo, Whittaker or Wilson when we did get possession.

It was a bit of an off day from a lot of the midfield, and I`d also say tactically we were poor today. I won`t criticise them too much though, there have been a fair few games recently when we deserved more points than we`ve got.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:57

Quote:

gordi-b, Sat 20 Feb 21:41

It was pretty grim today, we got three points so hopefully the bad game is out the way COYP

Problem being that it's not like it's the odd bad performance , those displays are becoming the norm .
The good performances are becoming a rarity .
I would say we've had more than our fair share of luck so far this season , but we can't rely on that continuing .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:46

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sun 21 Feb 01:10

Quote:

PARS207, Sat 20 Feb 17:14

Can you explain how Alloas midfield rotate ?

hetherington sits infront of the defence then Cawley when is wide left or wide right moves into the middle to create overload, the likes of Scougal and Trouten move into the hole between our midfield and defence or drift wide, and they all take turns at moving around and playing in the different position's throughout the game.

So when we play a 2 in the middle it's really up against 3 sometimes 4 in phases of play in the game.

Thats how Cawley picks up a lot of his goals and Trouten too.

Very clear to see when watching the game.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 11:48

Seems to be working well for them

Andy J
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net