DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Peter Grant
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 18:55

Classic interview after the game I’m sure he will get fined about 50 grand lol.He will soon catch up with greetin puss Nielsen at this rate.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Peter Grant
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 18:59

Can we see this online anywhere,?

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 19:03

It`s on COWS.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 19:07

Alloa manager Peter Grant was critical of referee Steven Reid:-

“Goal, (no) penalty kick, people going down in the box, time wasting. Two balls sitting behind the goal and we kept saying that to him and I got booked for it. We got the usual four (added) minutes. It is disgusting.

“I said to him after the game, do you analyse your game? Can I see your report because I keep asking if I can get reports after the game. I get crucified for shouting things on the pitch.

“Dunfermline are a very good side with very good players but I think Stevie will sleep very well after that.

“I thought we were excellent, we created chances, we had some horrible horrible decisions not given to us. When you go back and look at them it is even worse. I am sure you heard when Innes Cameron was going to shoot and the boy kicks him. I’m sure everybody hears it because we all hear it but because the boys doesn’t dive, they say it is not a penalty. It beggars belief.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 19:11

Think he is spot on.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 19:12

the cheating comment hasnt been added and they have removed the audio link now!
it was over 5 minutes added time, not 4.
asking for the referee reports, thats a new one! i cant say ive ever heard/seen a manager ask that before.

for the cheating comments assuming the papers/other media print them then enjoy the stand Peter cause you will be sitting in it for quite a while!

Post Edited (Sat 20 Feb 19:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 20:35

Just on the stoppage time point - in the second half there were two Pars subs (say 30 seconds each), a double Alloa sub in stoppage time (say another 30 seconds) and I think one stoppage for injury, so I was expecting 3 minutes.

Five minutes was a little generous I thought, but latterly the play was in the Alloa half.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 21:11

I like Peter Grant, usually open and up front
I can't argue with anything he said in DBAs post, I said when the disallowed goal went in there was little wrong with it.
The way results went today leaves them 5 points adrift at the bottom and todays display deserved better

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 21:45

Except what is on the COWS written report is an abridged version of what Mr Grant ACTUALLY said.

Bad Peter.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 21:49

Fair enough Ross, I didn't hear interview

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 22:17

All good buddy.

I can’t agree with you about Liking him. Over the years I find him one of the most bitter individuals I’ve heard in Scottish football. However, he does seem to know his stuff in terms of setting up an attacking team on small resources. Will it be enough to keep them up though.... don’t think so. Can’t see who will finish below them now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 22:28

Didn't like him as a player but like him as a manager , mainly because he says it as he sees it, a bit like Yogi Hughes. As for staying up I think you might be right.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 22:35

Heard the interview before it was taken down, the league and SFA should be throwing the book at him big time.

Up there with Neilson as a total weapon of a manager.

Says that he didnt know what he got yellow for, then explains what it was for! Still think he got some of the old west coast paranoia running thru him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 22:37

He's an absolute @rsehead. Embarrassing stuff in that interview

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 22:40

F*ck him. That's football. Some decisions you get, some you don't. Can greet all he wants.

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 20 Feb 23:43

Personally I believe that managers should get copies of report. Surely it is analytical and worth studying if your going to argue a yellow card or incident which was not acted upon by said referee. Then provide the report alongside any evidence the club have over said incident to SFA disciplinary committee.
There has to be a paper trail surely. As for comments. He will be bitter, his job is under threat yet his team are playing decent fitba.
Got to laugh though as half the folk on here are like PG and that's before half time!! Myself included

Post Edited (Sat 20 Feb 23:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 05:28

To be fair, he’s got a point. The ref absolutely robbed them. Bonus!!

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 07:35

I don't know whether I would like Peter Grant or not, but I certainly wouldn't base any judgement on his reaction immediately after a game in which his team played well but lost, on the back of some controversial refereeing decisions.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:01

To listen to Peter Grant you`d think Alloa turned in a perfect performance and were only robbed of a win by an incompetent/corrupt referee. Imagine the comments on here if the roles had been reversed and the Pars had lost that game 2-1.

`Why did we start so slowly?`
`Where was the marking at their goals?`
`That`s what happens when you don`t take your chances when you`re on top.`
`We need a clinical striker.`
`The table doesn`t lie.`

Maybe a bit if not-so-subtle deflection by Mr Grant.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:03

Re the disallowed goal, I thought the ref blew the whistle just before the header. Replay showed blatant shirt pulling in the lead up. Correct decision imo.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 11:15

Quote:

fcda, Sun 21 Feb 10:03

Re the disallowed goal, I thought the ref blew the whistle just before the header. Replay showed blatant shirt pulling in the lead up. Correct decision imo.

just seen the alloa highlights and definitely a shirt pull before the ball gets to him but the shock is the ref seen it.

the penalty he moaned about was never a penalty, the alloa comms siding with Grant going on oh there's audible kick there...... wtf!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 11:37

Sounds like a manager feeling the pressure at the bottom of the league. He might have some valid points, but they way he's put them across is just an angry, seething mess.

Hopefully Alloa go down and Cove come up. New stadium to go to (hopefully!) and some friendly banter with Hartley!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 15:30

here you go TAFKA

https://twitter.com/NotThe_OldFirm/status/1363503752259506177

a minute or so of the full interview missing and it just so happens the "cheating" comments are in that missing section again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 15:45

Why has the part of the sound byte with Peter Grant been removed, hopefully somewhere there is a copy of it. The SPFL and SFA should be given it so that they can understand the abuse the referee had to suffer.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 15:48

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 21 Feb 15:45

Why has the part of the sound byte with Peter Grant been removed, hopefully somewhere there is a copy of it. The SPFL and SFA should be given it so that they can understand the abuse the referee had to suffer.

Bet Mullraney has been in contact with all the media there and us to take the comments down or have them omitted
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 15:59

The poor guy is desperate and was hoping that the more noise he made the more valid his arguments would come across. Two spurious looking penalty claims and scoring a goal when you have a fistful of an opponents shirt don`t add up to the persecution he thought they were subject to.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 16:38

I was thinking that Mr Alloa might have got in touch with our chairman. That way the original interview will never be heard.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Tue 23 Feb 13:03

Good manager has Alloa playing some decent stuff, just missing a goal scorer ,played us off the park especially the second half.Pity he had to take away from his teams display with his comments

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Tue 23 Feb 16:05

Good manager? Alloa playing decent stuff? They are sitting 6 points away at the foot of the table. They are rubbish. Pass the ball about makes you good now? Good grief min.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Feb 16:13

Has he not been called before the beaks?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Feb 16:26

He should be, perhaps getting told to attend a behaviour management course. I wonder how he speaks to the younger players when they have a bad game.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Tue 23 Feb 22:43

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Tue 23 Feb 16:05

Good manager? Alloa playing decent stuff? They are sitting 6 points away at the foot of the table. They are rubbish. Pass the ball about makes you good now? Good grief min.

To be fair, doesn't he have a lot less money and resources to work with compared to most other championship teams?

Post Edited (Tue 23 Feb 22:43)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 23 Feb 23:28

Alloa have been a bit unlucky in a good few games this season (although luckier tonight) and they are one of the best coached teams in the league. He could probably move on to a bigger club if his attitude doesn`t get in the way of that. He was a moaning git of a player in an earlier life.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net