DAFC.net
Home 03 August 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 01:16

How does this only seem to apply when we are in a less favourable position?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 01:19

How come you're still awake?
Get back to your cage.
You want the blanket over? 🤣


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 05:22

Quote:

widtink, Sun 21 Feb 01:19

How come you're still awake?
Get back to your cage.
You want the blanket over? 🤣


Akchooully I was on my 2nd break. Nightshift. I'm thinking about evolving into an owl. OOPS! Imean adapting ;)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 08:13

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 21 Feb 01:16

How does this only seem to apply when we are in a less favourable position?


That's an easy one, Parrot. According to a good friend of mine, who's one of the flock, it's all down to the strict, Scottish Presbyterian upbringing, churning out lots of Private Frazers of Dad's Army fame..... ☹

I suppose if you're never optimistic and never look on the bright side, you'll never be disappointed if it never happens, ken? 😉



Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 08:25

Expectation management is a sensible strategy for a Pars fan : there's only so much disappointment a person can take in a lifetime 😂


"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 08:30

The league doesn't lie, but it doesn't hide the fact that many of our performances have been honking.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: d3monstrate  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 08:57

And we are closer to Ayr in 9th than we are to Hearts...

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:00

Quote:

neilholland999, Sun 21 Feb 08:30

The league doesn't lie, but it doesn't hide the fact that many of our performances have been honking.


Just not as honking as the 8 teams below us.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: Ben,D.A  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:26

If every team in our league catches up to play the same amount of games as us, we will still be second.
That doesn`t lie.

only 11 make the team,the rest can just but dream.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:41

We were poor today, but we could easily have had 5 or even 7 more points from three pretty good away performance at Inverness, Morton (second half) & Hearts...

We`ve been in the playoffs or better all season, which is a reflection I think of how our team compares to the rest of the league. Come the end of the season, we will still be there.

Yes, you can say it`s a poor league and that`s why we are second...or you can say its a very competitive division were anyone can beat anyone, and even the team at the bottom of the table can outplay teams at the top with good football and better tactics. I`d argue that`s a good sign for the league, as much as yesterday`s performance was frustrating.

It`s not just in football people can look at the same thing and see something completely different :)

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 12:26

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 21 Feb 05:22

Quote:

widtink, Sun 21 Feb 01:19

How come you're still awake?
Get back to your cage.
You want the blanket over? 🤣


Akchooully I was on my 2nd break. Nightshift. I'm thinking about evolving into an owl. OOPS! Imean adapting ;)


Owls are more closely related to Toucans whereas Parrots share a common ancestor with Falcons. You're no wise enough to be an owl.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 18:03

Quote:

d3monstrate, Sun 21 Feb 08:57

And we are closer to Ayr in 9th than we are to Hearts...


What a ridiculous comment.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 19:26

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Arbroath 12
Hearts 11
QoS 11
Dundee 10
Raith Rovers 9
Dunfermline 8
Inverness CT 6
Ayr Utd 5
Alloa Athletic 5
Greenock Morton 3

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 19:26

I would still rather win playing poorly than lose playing great. Were 2nd let's just enjoy it and see where it goes
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 19:31

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 21 Feb 18:03

Quote:

d3monstrate, Sun 21 Feb 08:57

And we are closer to Ayr in 9th than we are to Hearts...


What a ridiculous comment.


And yet factually correct so not ridiculous at all;
Hearts 38 points
Pars 27 points
Ayr 17 points


[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 20:14

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 21 Feb 18:03

Quote:

d3monstrate, Sun 21 Feb 08:57

And we are closer to Ayr in 9th than we are to Hearts...


What a ridiculous comment.


Nothing ridiculous about a fact. Surely it just highlights how competitive the league is?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 21:06

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sun 21 Feb 19:26

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Arbroath 12
Hearts 11
QoS 11
Dundee 10
Raith Rovers 9
Dunfermline 8
Inverness CT 6
Ayr Utd 5
Alloa Athletic 5
Greenock Morton 3


Lets hope they dont decide the playoff spots by the last 6 matches then eh?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn`t lie!
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 21:09

Quote:

Vamos Pars, Sun 21 Feb 20:14

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 21 Feb 18:03

Quote:

d3monstrate, Sun 21 Feb 08:57

And we are closer to Ayr in 9th than we are to Hearts...


What a ridiculous comment.


Nothing ridiculous about a fact. Surely it just highlights how competitive the league is?


It is ridiculous. Hearts were always expected to run away with the title. We are competing for a playoff spot. Now compare the difference in points between us and bottom with us and 5th and you would be talking sense.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The League doesn't lie!
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 21:21

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sun 21 Feb 12:26

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 21 Feb 05:22

Quote:

widtink, Sun 21 Feb 01:19

How come you're still awake?
Get back to your cage.
You want the blanket over? 🤣


Akchooully I was on my 2nd break. Nightshift. I'm thinking about evolving into an owl. OOPS! Imean adapting ;)


Owls are more closely related to Toucans whereas Parrots share a common ancestor with Falcons. You're no wise enough to be an owl.


If you are insinuating that I am a "tw*t" then I guess that makes "Twoo: of us.

Oh no, it's started!



Post Edited (Sun 21 Feb 21:21)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net