DAFC.net
Home 14 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Turner
Topic Originator: 13en  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:32

Posted a picture of himself doing a 5K run yesterday and wasn’t even in the squad. What is actually going on here? Is his time up with us?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Turner
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:44

A statement from the board is really needed on this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 09:55

Clearly indicating he is fit and therefore his exclusion is for another reason
Very similar to what Gareth Bale done recently
I wouldn’t have thought the manager will be too happy with the action?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 21 Feb 09:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:22

He had a great start to the season, then all of a sudden can't get in the squad.

Contract issue potentially, or something more.

Boy needs to keep his feet on the ground, he had obvious ability but 10 decent games doesn't make you a world beater!

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 10:47

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 21 Feb 09:55

Clearly indicating he is fit and therefore his exclusion is for another reason
Very similar to what Gareth Bale done recently
I wouldn’t have thought the manager will be too happy with the action?

well said Raymie!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 12:18

Honestly, if it is the case he has signed a pre-contract elsewhere I couldn't care less. He needs to be in the starting 11. Whatever the reason is for punting him out the squad it better be good or this is beyond petty
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 12:29

If he’s running down his contract, then the manager is right to concentrate on the players who want to play for us.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 12:36

He was poor last season. He’s had a decent half of a season. Behaviour like that really annoys me. Other managers looking at that won’t like it either.

Why do players think they’re being clever with antics like this? Do they not realise the wider implications on them for the future?

This is why I would never be any good as a football manager, I’d have called him out for it publicly and dropped him right in the brown stuff with the fans. Luckily Crawford is a bit more level headed than I 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 13:09

Here we go again. Speculation becomes fact after a few posts.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 13:10

Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe like | nolike
Date: Sun 21 Feb 12:29

If he’s running down his contract, then the manager is right to concentrate on the players who want to play for us.

Like our Captain ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 13:24

^^ which could be totally different situations IF that is what it is.

""He was poor last season. He’s had a decent half of a season"

id say a decent half of last season in total and a decent couple of games at most this season, stuff about him being great at the start and a must in the starting line up i dont agree with at all.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 14:21

Obviously whatever the issue is the player nor the manager wishes to comment on it. There is no point in speculating what those reasons are. The bottom line is thst he is not currently being selected.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 15:06

Ach who cares, 11 games to go, in second place, just enjoy the ride and have a beer.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: morvenpar  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 15:55

My guess is a breach of covid protocol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 18:02

Maybe the manager thinks he knows better than you lot. Just a thought

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 18:44

I heard it's because he's been posting nonsense on dafc.net and got a red card off widtink. Crawford found out and threw the book at him. Heard it from Michelle on Facebook who knows Turner's partner.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 20:37

Quote:

desparado, Sun 21 Feb 13:10

Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe like | nolike
Date: Sun 21 Feb 12:29

Like our Captain ?

It’s a good point however I’d suggest our captain hasn’t decided on his future as yet whereas it seems Kyle Turner has absolutely ruled out staying at EEP.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 20:45

If that is his attitude, it may well backfire, sometimes it`s best to make the most of what you have and let the future take care of itself. It would be a pity because with the opportunity we were giving him he was improving.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 21:08

Quote:

jake89, Sun 21 Feb 18:44

I heard it's because he's been posting nonsense on dafc.net and got a red card off widtink. Crawford found out and threw the book at him. Heard it from Michelle on Facebook who knows Turner's partner.

I'm pleading the fifth.
I know nothing etc... 😳

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par_33  
Date:   Wed 24 Feb 18:27

This lad will end up back playing at Stranraer in 3 years time if he`s not careful. A move to a Premiership team on a 3 year deal etc to be then punted on loan after a year and seeing his contract out and leaving the club.

Half a decent season buys a move to the top flight, fair play. He was a raw talent last season and that was that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 24 Feb 18:54

Think it’s funny folk are passing judgement on Turner when no one actually knows the reason why he is out of the team.

This happened with Dom Thomas and it was because he tested positive for COVID.

That being said i don’t see where the issue would be in asking Crawford what’s up in the next interview, it’s a pretty pertinent question, wouldn’t expect him to answer it 100% but might give us more of an idea.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 12:25

He`s clearly not got COVID if he is out doing 5k runs and bragging about it on social media.

I suspect he has said he wants out and won`t consider a new contract, leaving Crawford little choice but to drop him for essentially showing a lack of commitment.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 12:42

I think Stevie is going to have to come out and state what is going on with Turner. It has gone past the time where the matter can be covered up any longer. If he is not going to be part of the team going forward then say so. The fans are entitled to get an explanation of why this is the case.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 13:14

I can`t recall him being asked by any interviewer what the story is with Turner. Until the question is asked he doesn`t need to say a thing.

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 13:17

Fans are entitled to fk all.

I`m a fan of a club. If I pay some money I`m entitled to go and watch them play (normally). That`s it.

If the manager doesn`t pick a player, it`s pretty much down to one of 4` things.

1 - The manager thinks there are other players in the squad who are more deserving of a place.
2 - He`s carrying an injury (believe it or not, you can still run 5k in a straight line whilst "injured")
3 - The manager has been told the player wants to leave & therefore thinks the team would be better filled with players who want to stay
4 - The manager thinks he`s a d1ck.

I can sleep easy at night knowing it`s one of these things. Oh aye, and having seen him play, he`s no even that gid.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 14:51

If we did find out why he's not playing what difference will it make? Won't make any difference apart from you lot will have something to moan about.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 14:53

Pretty much as above tbh! Could simply no be performing in training or manager doesn’t fancy him atm.

It’s always funny reading statuses like these.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 15:21

"Fans are entitled to fk all.

I`m a fan of a club. If I pay some money I`m entitled to go and watch them play (normally). That`s it.

If the manager doesn`t pick a player, it`s pretty much down to one of 4` things.

1 - The manager thinks there are other players in the squad who are more deserving of a place.
2 - He`s carrying an injury (believe it or not, you can still run 5k in a straight line whilst "injured")
3 - The manager has been told the player wants to leave & therefore thinks the team would be better filled with players who want to stay
4 - The manager thinks he`s a d1ck.

I can sleep easy at night knowing it`s one of these things. Oh aye, and having seen him play, he`s no even that gid."

I have to say, number 4 made me chuckle....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 18:38

Lambo1885 wrote:

> "Fans are entitled to fk all.
>
> I`m a fan of a club. If I pay some money I`m entitled to go and
> watch them play (normally). That`s it.
>
> If the manager doesn`t pick a player, it`s pretty much down to
> one of 4` things.
>
> 1 - The manager thinks there are other players in the squad who
> are more deserving of a place.
> 2 - He`s carrying an injury (believe it or not, you can still
> run 5k in a straight line whilst "injured")
> 3 - The manager has been told the player wants to leave &
> therefore thinks the team would be better filled with players
> who want to stay
> 4 - The manager thinks he`s a d1ck.
>
> I can sleep easy at night knowing it`s one of these things. Oh
> aye, and having seen him play, he`s no even that gid."
>
> I have to say, number 4 made me chuckle....
>
>

In the spirit of balance, maybe there’s an option 5. The manager is a d1ck 😂

(I don’t think so, think number 3 most likely) 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:17

I’m with OzPar on this one - based purely on performances this season so far he’d walk into the team.

In common with other Season ticket holders I’ve paid a lot of money this season to watch the team on Pars TV - I think a simple explanation of why he’s not in the team is not too much to ask.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:41

Simple, doesn’t see his future at EEP, so why play him? Surely Better playing boys who are committed to the cause?

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:48

Quote:

AJ27, Thu 25 Feb 19:17

I’m with OzPar on this one - based purely on performances this season so far he’d walk into the team.

In common with other Season ticket holders I’ve paid a lot of money this season to watch the team on Pars TV - I think a simple explanation of why he’s not in the team is not too much to ask.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath. Like it or not, the manager is under no obligation to explain anything to your or me.

I just don't see what you see in Turner. There may well be a player in there but it's been visible in about 6 games in 18 months. I really liked him when he first appeared in the team but in my opinion he's inconsistent, seems physically lightweight and doesn't chip in with any goals. I'm not saying all our midfielders are any better but if there's something going on behind the scenes then he's always going to get dropped

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 20:01

Just saw Stevies interview, was asked about Comrie and the new centre half and their availability. Now I don’t think that Turner is a world beater but you would ask if he is available surely. Unless he has been asked not to?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 20:07

Something has happened, for him not to make the squad for quite a few games without any mention of an injury means something is up. Crawford is asked about it on his interview today but his answer says absolutely nothing.

I`m not too fussed about it, there a lot of things to like about Kyle, but I`ve never felt he is a certain starter. Does he fit in a central midfielder in a 4-4-2, I am not that sure, can he play wide? Probably not. Is he is a number 10? Maybe, but he needs to deliver more goals and assists if that`s his best position. He`s still developing, I think he has shown some progression with us this season, I`d be happy for him to stay and hopefully kick on with us, but I wouldn`t describe him as being key to our chances this season or in the future.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 20:10

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Manager_on_Thursday&ID=12874

as for the fans should know or entitled to know etc, dont agree with that at all.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Feb 20:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 21:17

Do you think maybe Crawford is dealing with a difficult situation and trying to get the best result without comprimising his authority. Maybe he doesn't want to exhaserbate the situation by making it public.

Is that too difficult for sweetie wifies to grasp?

Post Edited (Thu 25 Feb 21:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 22:00

I am curious as to what exactly is wrong with Lewis Martin. Weeks ( months) ago we were told it was some vague calf problem moving down to his foot. He now doesn`t even get a mention when Crawford is giving an injury update.

What exactly is the problem and what is the prognosis?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 02:36

Difficult to read between the lines of SC's comments. It does seem strange when Turner was playing well to be suddenly dropped. Maybe he isn't happy who knows. I always Kenny Dalglish being dropped from the Scotland squad when he was at the peak of his career. His response was, I need to try harder to get back into the team.

I hope to see Kyle back in the team soon. He has alot to gain as does the club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 03:18

We are second in the league ,Our management team have improved 10 folds ,let them manage the team.If acertain individual has been droped ,who is a key player then there is a reason
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 07:44

Player won’t do what’s in the best interests of the club, manager rightly so drops him, happened before with Robinson, it’s strong management.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 08:22

I don't think this is too complicated - there's competition for positions. The players getting picked will be the ones showing the right skills in training and a proper commitment to winning. Presumably Turner is not making the grade right now?

I would very much doubt it's just about him looking for a transfer. Why would he bothered about another 6 months with the Pars if someone can get him on a free in the summer?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 08:27

Quote:

wetherby, Thu 25 Feb 22:00

I am curious as to what exactly is wrong with Lewis Martin. Weeks ( months) ago we were told it was some vague calf problem moving down to his foot. He now doesn`t even get a mention when Crawford is giving an injury update.

What exactly is the problem and what is the prognosis?

He's just another Eden Hazard.....☹

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56148185

At least we didn't she'll out loads of money on Lewis.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 20:45

Make what you wish from these comments

I read that Turner ain’t got the best attitude just now

One notable absentee from Saturday’s squad was Kyle Turner, who has played in 18 of Dunfermline’s games this season but hasn’t featured since January’s stalemate with Ayr United.

Crawford said: “I don’t think it’s a case of just talking about Kyle missing out on the squad. We had players on the bench that we saw fit to come on and have an influence on the game to try and beat Alloa. That’s where we’re at; that’s how competitive this squad has become in a very short space of time.

“There are challenges out there. Players will not be happy when they’re not in the squad, players will not be happy when they’re not starting, but it’s probably why we’re up competing at the top end of the Championship.

“I want players that are hungry, I want players that want to try and get into the starting eleven, I want players that want to be on the bench so they can come on and play.”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 22:08

Only my humble opinion but Turner fits all Stevie`s criteria

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 22:25

Maybe we talked up his abilities too much and he became a bit too big for his boots. I would like to see him back but with the right attitude.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 23:47

I am pleased that Stevie has come out and discussed the Turner situation. It was the right thing to do. Don`t forget that two months ago Turner received the SPFL Player of the Month award after some fine performances. To suddenly disappear from the scene needed some explanation for the baffled "sweetie wives" like myself.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 00:00

What does his explanation say that pleases you Oz?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 00:17

Oh boy, you never let up, do you? Okay, his strong implication, at least as I read it, was that Turner had lost his desire as far as competing for a first team place.

Could be that we are seeing shades of the Chris McGroarty saga here. Remember him?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 00:22

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 27 Feb 00:17

Oh boy, you never let up, do you? Okay, his strong implication, at least as I read it, was that Turner had lost his desire as far as competing for a first team place.

Could be that we are seeing shades of the Chris McGroarty saga here. Remember him?

Sorry for asking FFS.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 00:31

I too am sorry that you asked...

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 13:57

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 27 Feb 00:31

I too am sorry that you asked...

:)

Heard Turner doesn't want to sign a new contract,, so he's not being considered
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 14:18

On the bench

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 16:52

Was crying out for turner today, to drive and csrry forward!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:03

The game was crying out for a effort on goal

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:05

he is getting better every week we dont win and he doesnt play.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:15

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 27 Feb 17:03

The game was crying out for a effort on goal

Aye cos he rattles them in from 30 yards every week right enough

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:04

Da no1

How’s that super striker mcmanus doing for you? Aye who cares if he scores goals he runs around a lot eh!

Murder, and somehow he’s getting worse every week!

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net