DAFC.net
Home 25 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 SFA covid breach
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 21:31

The Scottish FA has apologised to Hibernian and Hamilton Academical after it emerged that one of the assistant referees for their game on Saturday should have been self-isolating.

Graeme Stewart, along with David Roome and Bobby Madden, oversaw Panathinaikos v Olympiakos in Greece last weekend.

Roome has since tested positive for Covid-19 and, although Stewart and Madden have returned two negative tests since returning, it was belatedly discovered that they should have been considered close contacts.

Madden was subsequently withdrawn from Ross County's game with Celtic on Sunday, but Stewart had already officiated at Easter Road.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56149611?fbclid=IwAR0vCCl1CpBINECHdVvbA8qEYbz9T9z2u53S_qk150i1F78csuXoxc-saoM

SFA are really a joke now
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: SFA covid breach
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 21:54

Why are they allowed to travel internationally!
I can’t see any reason for them to be allowed as the game not having a Scottish ref would have made no difference to the game.
There can be no justification for this, otherwise anyone who wants to do a weekend work in Europe should be allowed, ref are not elite athletes, they have jobs the same as players in the first and second league who are told it’s to dangerous to pay.
Just like from next month I will need to stick my mum in a care home so I can go visit her, as at present only my brother who is in her bubble can go around! Mental rules.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 22:06

This was taken from news of them officiating being announced. Apparently the Greek superleague always ask for foreigner officials after a history of threats and alleged bribery against Greek refs.

"The three Scots will be helped by a fourth official from Greece with Portuguese Bruno Esteves in charge of VAR.

Madden, Roome and Stewart will NOT have to self-isolate when they arrive in Athens or when they return to Scotland as they have been granted special elite sportsmen travel dispensation to make the trip."

The failure is ok, they were not required to self isolate. However all should have been informed and told to after Stewart failed his test. Now Hibs and Hamilton players and staff and families are at risk because someone failed to do Thier job. Which let's face it is simple enough to call and advise to self isolate, re arrange cover
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 21 Feb 22:17

I’m sure Hamilton and hibs aren’t at risk of a linesman who they no been close too. A little bit over dramatic. Plus he has tested negative twice.
Still it’s been an error for sure.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net