DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Concussion Substitutes
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Feb 18:17

The rule regarding subbing players in concussion / looks like a head knock comes into force / trialled on 6th March.

A vote was passed by all 42 SPFL clubs : https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47485

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Concussion Substitutes
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 24 Feb 21:11

Good news buffy .... rugby miles ahead in that respect for a few years now

A head knock should be treated and assessed immediately

Or tie a bandage round it and play on ??

Hope you are well

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Re: Concussion Substitutes
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 24 Feb 21:35

I’m fine grandpa 😉 hope you are too x

I agree with the instant treatment of concussed players (can’t imagine clubs not having this already) and not being allowed back on; however, imo, the football governing bodies are avoiding discussing the issue of heading the ball / going to for a challenge, in the first place. The substitute could quite easily also injure themselves in the same way and surely that just means more injured players with possible long term problems.

Other competitive sports have headgear - Boxing, cycling, ice hockey, winter sports - to avoid serious head injuries - why not football?

Under-12s have been banned from heading in training.

A report on this subject:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/heading-and-dementia-are-footballers-putting-themselves-at-risk/amp/

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net