DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rangers and the BBC
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 18:45

How embarrassing is it going to be at the end of the season when Rangers win the league and the BBC won`t be able to interview any of the management team or players because of the `ongoing dispute` between the two? At the moment Radio Scotland`s `commentary` on their game with Royal Antwerp comprises a group of pundits discussing the action they are watching on TV. It`s farcical and no resolution of this dispute seems imminent.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rangers and the BBC
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 18:55

It`s been something rangers have stuck with, not sure if there are contractural obligations not being adhered too. Sky tv will have all the interviews.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:02

That`s something I`ve never understood, dafc. You would have thought the BBC would have a contract with the SPFL guaranteeing them access to all clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:07

Don't know why they bother giving them any airtime.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:17

The bbc suck up to them they should just stop even showing highlights of there games don’t they get money at the end of the season for the highlights .no interviews no money.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:24

The BBC aren't banned from Ibrox. One reporter is and the BBC have told them to ram it until the ban is rescinded.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:49

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 25 Feb 19:24

The BBC aren't banned from Ibrox. One reporter is and the BBC have told them to ram it until the ban is rescinded.

Who is it? Chris McLaughlin?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 19:56

If it`s bbc choosing not to access Rangers that`s up to them I suppose, not sure why a reporter was banned or If that is case. Been so long no idea what are reasons now. Suppose it takes both of them to grow up a little.
Surprised BBC have stuck with this, won`t be first time a reporter has been banned from a team stadium.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 20:28

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 25 Feb 19:49

Quote:

londonparsfan, Thu 25 Feb 19:24

Who is it? Chris McLaughlin?

I think so. Rings a bell.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 22:52

Chris McLaughlin (correctly, as it turned out) said that a match delegate in an away game (at Easter Road, I think) would be mentioning sectarian chants coming from the Rangers fans. They told him to retract it or water it down or whatever and he refused saying that he stood by his report. They then banned him. In solidarity, the BBC said that they can`t decide who reports on their games and who can`t, so that they wouldn`t cover them. Except of course they do, and they still pander to them and they still talk about them even when they aren`t playing.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Feb 23:47

Wasn`t he heavily involved in breaking the story about the Employee Benefit Trusts Rangers used to compensate players and that made him unpopular down Ibrox way?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 00:28

So, they banned him from telling the truth??? Can't for the life of me, understand why they even utter their name, farless commentate on any of their games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 09:17

Quote:

Big T Par, Fri 26 Feb 00:28

So, they banned him from telling the truth??? Can't for the life of me, understand why they even utter their name, farless commentate on any of their games.

Agree , but you know what really bites me is where the other media outlets and journalists should have taken a stand and The Rangers to task in solidarity but hey, we live in the modern era and dog eat dog.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 26 Feb 10:13

Chris McLaughlin has been persona non grata around Ibrox way going way back to when he fronted the BBC`s investigations about Rangers.

They threatened legal action against the BBC over these broadcasts - the Beeb called their bluff.

Post Edited (Fri 26 Feb 10:30)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net