DAFC.net
Home 22 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Crawford Out
Topic Originator: Murchadh  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 16:55

We are in free fall again under Crawford. Beaten, comfortably, today by a team managed by a man who was deemed not good enough by the board.

We don’t perform well enough for 90 minutes, and we certainly don’t create enough chances during 90 minutes. We will be lucky to finish top four at this rate.

Hopefully our German investors are invested enough in reality to see sense. Not good enough.

Crawford out!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Crawford Out
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 16:56

Have our German investors actually invested anything yet!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 16:57

Calm it Janet. Who you hoping for Rafa Benitez? Absolute walley!

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 16:57

Agree.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 16:58

I recommend not tying your emotional state to a football club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:01

Since that Hearts game, the 2-1 win at home, we’ve been atrocious in all barring the most recent Raith Rovers game.

Of the 12 league games we’ve played since, we’ve won 3! From a possible 36 points we’ve picked up 14 points.

I’m certainly frustrated at the free fall but let’s be honest, we’re not going to sack Crawford before the end of the season. There’s 10 games left, if we sack him it’ll take a number of weeks to bring in a replacement and that could end up things being worse than they are.

The league position we’ve held for ages has certainly masked things and made it look better and whilst several other teams, namely QOTS & Arbroath, have found form, we do not look like we can.

At this rate I’d be chuffed with making it into the playoffs

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:05

Crawford seriously has to go now. A half decent manager with that squad would be challenging Hearts.

Enough is enough.

I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rosyth Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:11

Agree Crawford out im afraid, Not getting anywhere near the best out of this squad of players, Tatically inept when the going gets tough and has no clue how to change formation or motivate this group of players, Fresh approach needed ASAP or we won`t make the plays offs im afraid, Would love to get Steve Robinson in dine a great job at Motherwell. COYP

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:11

Been playing poorly in general for a long time, with such a good start we remain 3rd in the league which at the start of the season would have been more than acceptable.

It`s difficult to sack someone when objectives are being met. However I`m assuming the decision will be out of RM`s hands and it may be that the new mob want their own man at some point.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:14

Did we create anything today? Genuinely? I don’t remember the opposition keeper having a serious save time make, apart from the penalty. I could have said this about a few of our games this season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:17

I would bet our next manager will be German.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:20

What an absolute joke of a thread. Get a grip ffs
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:24

Parfect69, did you enjoy the game today? And other games this season where we looked hopeless and entirely predictably (the majority of them)?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:24

We are absolutely dire to watch .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:25

Parfect69 wrote:

> What an absolute joke of a thread. Get a grip ffs

Why shouldn`t it be spoken about ?
He`s had 3 yrs in the job and I`ve seen no sign of him developing into a quality manager. As always it`s not the defeats that bother me it`s the manner of the defeats that disappoint time and time again.
I for one wouldn`t be sad if he went.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:26

It`s a fickle business. Who can we get? I hear the Queen of the South manager is doing rather well!!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:29

I’m fairly sure you wouldn’t have to go back too far to find many posts singing the praises of the manager.?

Fickle

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:29

Its becoming harder and harder to defend Crawford to be honest. Whilst I'm not expecting to win every game we have been consistently gash bar the odd occasion since the Hearts home game.
I'd say if we lose to Rovers on Friday I would definitely be wanting him out.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:31

You do realise we will be in the play off position even with a defeat to Raith ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:35

Of course I didn’t enjoy the game, calling for the managers head tho? Come on. I think if we got a new man in ( awaiting a list of suitable candidates) we would fall quicker than snow off a dyke

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 17:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:36

Imagine what hearts fans must be thinking about their manager

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:39

Who needs any comedy clubs to be opened when you can come on here and get a right laugh 😂 😂

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:53

yawn...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:55

Just another average Saturday night after a defeat on dot net. If we beat rovers on Friday it will all be great again.
Just my Opinion but why would Dunfermline sack Crawford when we are third in the table on goal difference?

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:56

Let’s wait till all the games in hand are played and see where we lie after that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:56

It’s ok though, we’ve got Raymie suggesting that if we lose to Raith (which would be embarrassing) we would still be in a play-off position despite the fact we would be 3 points behind them with only 9 games to go. We would also have Queens, Dundee and Arbroath not far behind depending on results. And this guy was allegedly a footballer? No wonder he didn’t make it at the top with that level of thinking.

Also, to answer the question about Neilson, Hearts fans want him out because he is a dreadful manager - much like Crawford.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:57

Raymie
yes we will still be in a play off spot if we get beat from Raith this coming Friday night , But going forward to stay there if we get defeated it will make it even harder ! as teams round about us seem to picking up points now ,
Hopefully we will bounce back the game is on the BBC and lately we have done ok on the TV
The flip side of the coin Raymie these days you just don`t know what your going to get from the Pars ! Too many up and down performances now , where is the grit and determination we saw in the first round of games where we dug in with the never say die attitude especially when we were down and out but somehow managed to snatch a draw from a defeat ?
we are just lucky other teams have had similar performances and results , we are not alone

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 17:59

Quote:

Paralex, Sat 27 Feb 17:26

It`s a fickle business. Who can we get? I hear the Queen of the South manager is doing rather well!!!!

Only quoting you as you picked a word I would always use to describe pars fans....110% fickle. Ffs we are 3rd if we were doon the bottom call for the managers head but this is just a joke.
Blame him for not being creative, over respecting. He needs to get his head down and come up with game plans and alternatives. Getting the players on board.
Remember ring a ring a roses....that was creative and worked. Players responded to it. Crawford needs to inject enthusiasm and confidence in the team in individual players.
He needs to finish this season. We got 10 games left. 30 points up for grab, tough games if he is out of his depth then we will see it over next 5 games for sure.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:03

what a surprise!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:05

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 27 Feb 17:05

Crawford seriously has to go now. A half decent manager with that squad would be challenging Hearts.

Enough is enough.

The squad that he assembled aye?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:09

Was just about to post the same thing RSP. I wasn't overly keen on Crawford getting the job in the first place but since then he's improved the squad and the league position. Every season has its ups and downs and we've got no idea whether the season is going to be a failure or a success but sacking a manager whose realistic target was a play off spot whilst he's got the team comfortably in the play off spot (for the moment) is a bit ott.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:13

I just don’t understand why he doesn’t play Turner. He would have made a massive difference if started today imo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:22

I think the biggest problem is we started well at the start of the season and dug in when we were down lots of fight etc
So we expect this every week , yes we will have our ups and downs you cannot win every week ( as Heart found out )
But you certainly expect a bit more fight from the players on the park we supporters do look for more battling performances if you give your all and get beat nobody can fault you for this but to have toothless performances week after week is beyond belief , And once they cross that line they should be able to stick to a game plan or change things themselves as they see fit at the end of the day they are supposed to be professional footballers
I am not the biggest fan of SC either but at the moment we are where we want to be so as Polt says 10 games left let`s see where we are in 5 games time

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:29

Quote:

Murchadh, Sat 27 Feb 17:56

It’s ok though, we’ve got Raymie suggesting that if we lose to Raith (which would be embarrassing) we would still be in a play-off position despite the fact we would be 3 points behind them with only 9 games to go. We would also have Queens, Dundee and Arbroath not far behind depending on results. And this guy was allegedly a footballer? No wonder he didn’t make it at the top with that level of thinking.

Also, to answer the question about Neilson, Hearts fans want him out because he is a dreadful manager - much like Crawford.

Why not post as Parsweep?
Oh, right, this handle is for asking for managers to go

Pathetic

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:32

Dundee, who have spent much more than us, have amassed two points from 4 games. 6 points behind us with two games in hand.
Would you put a decent amount of money on them winning both of those ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:32

8 points out of 27 away from home and 1 win in 9 is unacceptable IMO

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:38

Why bring me into your spat .
Oh, I forgot . I don't agree and fawn over everything you post .
Pathetic right enough .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:41

Aye very good

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:43

Stats are great btw - we’ve failed to score in 5 of our last 7 games. Boring to watch, and failing to get results.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:43

Feck all on telly - plenty o laughs on dotnet!
Raymie 1-0 Murchadh
😉

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:49

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Sat 27 Feb 18:32

8 points out of 27 away from home and 1 win in 9 is unacceptable IMO

Pretty selective use of numbers there. We're 5th in the away form table and 2nd in the home form table and 3rd in the table overall on goal difference. Nobody is judged on their away form alone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:50

Enough is enough. If we wait 5 more games, then the season could be over for us and our ‘good work’ could be over.

There’s zero fight in this team. Zero ideas and the bench seems unable to get anything from them. It’s not just this season either, Crawfords results in his entire tenure are poor reading, so he doesn’t seem to be moving forward.

I’ll give him the credit where it’s due though - the players he has brought in are quality and if they sparked we would be playing attractive attacking football, unfortunately for some reason they aren’t sparking and we are playing poorly more often than we play well.

Big Eck McLeish has been out of a job for a while and could be the man that gets the best out of this team - might cost a bit more but hey sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 18:57

We are so frail mentality wise. Loose the first goal and the best we can hope for is a point and even that’s relatively rare.

It was the cheap option to get him in and there have been some good times and results but the team just seems weak, who are the winners in that team? Who’s setting the standards for others?

I fancy the German guys might have a few names in mind should they decide to change it.

Top 4 looking a big shoogly just now.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 19:08)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:07

"There’s zero fight in this team. Zero ideas and the bench seems unable to get anything from them. It’s not just this season either, Crawfords results in his entire tenure are poor reading, so he doesn’t seem to be moving forward"

dont know whats worse, that whole section which none of it is correct or thinking Alex McLeish could be a good option.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:09

The obvious stat to me is that not long ago Queens were bottom of the league they are now right up our a£$e how can the be possible? It is possible because we are not capable of winning even 2 games in a row.

I want Crawford to succeed but I'm not 100% convinced he will do that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:10

`Big Eck McLeish has been out of a job for a while and could be the man that gets the best out of this team - might cost a bit more but hey sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate`

Do you seriously think Alex McLeish would be interested in managing in the Scottish Championship? Just about sums up this thread.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:15

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 27 Feb 18:57

We are so frail mentality wise. Loose the first goal and the best we can hope for is a point and even that’s relatively rare.

It was the cheap option to get him in and there have been some good times and results but the team just seems weak, who are the winners in that team? Who’s setting the standards for others?

I fancy the German guys might have a few names in mind should they decide to change it.

We're actually the 2nd best side in the league when we concede the opening goal on a points per game basis and 3rd best in the league in terms of total points. It just shows the difference between supporter's perception and reality.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:17

McLeish is a surprise shout. I`d imagine Darren Young or Petrie would be possibilities when the time comes.

I`m not a massive Crawford fan but playoffs were the aim and that`s where we are. We should be kicking ourselves though as we have missed a massive opportunity to possibly challenge for the title against a poor Hearts team. If us or Dundee had decent managers, we would be right up there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:21

Quote:

londonparsfan, Sat 27 Feb 19:15

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 27 Feb 18:57

We're actually the 2nd best side in the league when we concede the opening goal on a points per game basis and 3rd best in the league in terms of total points. It just shows the difference between supporter's perception and reality.

Actually the site I use hasn't updated with today's games so this was based on games before today
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:21

No sure how it’s being selective.

Our away form is a joke. 1 win against Alloa in which we were also rank until Ohara came on and scored 3

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:22

I've been a pars fan for 50 years and he's the worst manager we've had.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:24

Quote:

The moose, Sat 27 Feb 19:22

I've been a pars fan for 50 years and he's the worst manager we've had.

You won't catch anyone with that 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:25

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Sat 27 Feb 19:21

No sure how it’s being selective.

Our away form is a joke. 1 win against Alloa in which we were also rank until Ohara came on and scored 3

Our home form is brilliant so we must be amazing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:30

10 points between 2nd place and 9th the begining of the relegation zone.

That say's everything I need to know. This league is very difficult to create a good run in. Folks need to think about that for a second. Every team can beat any other in this league. Every manager has the same issues. Dundee had that awful run at the start, Queens on a good run. Alloa rooted to the bottom play really decent fitbaw so that saying to me just playing entertaining footy is not going to work in this league.
Queens tactics today's was same as they done with hearts. Sit back and counter. They drew that game because Hearts had a split second of skill.
Teams know our style and how to frustrate us out of the game and slow us down. Pressure us into fluffing up passes. Crawford needs to stay but he needs to come up with something refreshing. Give fon Williams bench time. He needs to know his performances of late aren't good enough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:41

Usual Saturday night bollocks...zzzzzzzz

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:44

Seriously?
Is this thread for real?

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:45

Good post Polt

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:56

I just listened to Stevie`s post match interview And on listening to his comments I am now wondering if he was he watching the same game as me ?
And to say he is not concerned with our away form when we have only won 1 game away from home all season come on SC get a grip !!
And to say the players are hurting is a joke , enough said !!!
Lose another 2 or 3 games and their will be meltdown on here

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:16

Quote:

Seriously?
Is this thread for real?

Yes. Do you have a serious question to ask?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:22

Quote:

Murchadh, Sat 27 Feb 21:16

Quote:

Seriously?
Is this thread for real?

Yes.
Were you born a genius or did you do a course at Uni?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:23

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 27 Feb 21:22

Quote:

Murchadh, Sat 27 Feb 21:16

Quote:

Seriously?
Is this thread for real?

Yes.
Were you born a genius or did you do a course at Uni?

Ha ha. Love the edit. Saved me a yellow lol.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:29

Ach man, I wish folk would stop with the panic stations man...every time we lose.

In the last 10 games we’ve lost 3. QOTS with the penalty miss, Hearts where we were unfortunate, played really well and Arbroath, just the better team performing in what were ridiculous weather conditions.

Papped Rovers at home, got a win over our bogey team in Alloa at home for the first time in donkeys.

Draws away at Inverness and Dundee where you would be going in not surprised losing to them in truth.

Concerns over our recent performances yes, not really created much chances yes, Craw recognising that though and brings in Wighton, bags a brace on his debut.

We’re third, in the playoffs man, six points within, what’s there to get your knickers wet over?

Considering previous seasons, this I consider a rather successful one at the moment.

Crawford to stay thanks.

Edit to add - clearly somethings gone on with Turner to not even get some game time (thought he was out the squad today initially), Craw in his pre-match interview on COWS sounds like a load of tosh.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 21:41)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:41

Quote:

Berry, Sat 27 Feb 21:29

Edit to add - clearly somethings gone on with Turner to not even be in the squad, Craw in his pre-match interview on COWS sounds like a load of tosh.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 21:36)

Turner was on bench today. So whatever it was is hopefully resolved.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:45

Berry plenty teams below us with games to catch up on, that 6 point gap you go on about almost certainly will be reduced, and since the hearts game at EEP we have only won 3 league games since then, pretty horrendous form if you ask me. If we don’t get top 4 then yes Crawford should be removed, but right now I certainly don’t feel confident we will reach them with a very tough run of fixtures for the next 5/6 games coming up

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:46

Usual post-loss meltdown on here. Granted it was a disappointing performance today but would be nice to see more of a balance in the assessments. On QoS TV we did miss out on the period of the game when we apparently were playing well. As Red Star has rightly said SC has by and large improved the squad. This has been done on a more limited budget and by using quite a few younger players. Who brought in Kevin Nisbet ? We have also fought back in more games this season (although not successfully today). As Raymie says we are still currently in the play off positions. Before the season started many would have been happy for us just getting to the play offs this season and we are still in contention to do that. We also had a great League Cup run only going out to finalists from the Premier League on penalties. We are level on points with Raith who are second. I thought there was a bit more urgency and pressure from us after the substitutions today but without troubling their keeper enough. I`d like to see O`Hara get a run to see if he could link up better with Wighton than McManus. Dom Thomas who was so key for us earlier in the season has also unfortunately gone off the boil recently, and might have a bit of an attitude problem (but to be fair no one likes being subbed, and his kick out after being subbed today might have been due to frustration about how he had played after his return to the starting line up). Kyle Turner appears to recently have had attitude/application problems (interpreting SC`s comments), but the fact he was back in the squad today is a positive, and means he is hopefully back in contention. Granted we need to find a way to score and make the keeper work much more when playing against teams who sit in and just look to counter. This has not just been a problem for us today. Playing a more attacking Raith team will probably suit us better. I do however think we need to strengthen the goal keeping position and find a partner than can work well with Wighton. I think the two new signings Wighton and MacDonald have done well and look very useful additions. We also have a Lithuanian internationalist who still has to make his debut. Let`s not forget that the game today might also have been very different had that penalty gone in, when (according to the commentary) we were very much on top. Queens would then have had to chase the game a bit more possibly leaving more space at the back. We were also missing Ryan Dow today. While we haven`t been great recently we are still in with a good chance of getting into the playoffs in what is a very competitive league. Next few games will be a real test for this squad.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 21:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 22:00

Good post Rhinopar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 22:01

Bottom line is we are bang average. I don’t actually want us to finish in a play off position this year. The excitement, the crowds etc will all be missing anyway.

Finish 5th will do me fine and rebuild for next season. Crawford may be gone by then or he may get one more crack of the whip.

We are no where near ready to mount a serious challenge for promotion this season. Just accept it.

Crowds back next season...hopefully.... then let’s give it a big shot...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 22:19

think it is 75k difference in prize money from 4th place and 5th, possible tv money depending how it works for the playoffs, id rather that be in our bank account than another clubs no matter if we were bang average and nowhere near ready.

Turner was on the bench against Raith and Arbroath so today wasnt new, if others were fit he wouldnt have been there today imo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 22:21

Parsfan97, two teams as it stands, Dundee and Inverness.

Inverness have won 2 games in their last 10, drawn 6.

Dundee, performed a bit better but haven’t won in their last 4, last win was an extra time victory against......Bonnyrigg Rose.

We have 10 games remaining, 6 of them at EEP, three in a row after Raith. Two of them against Dundee and Inverness.

I hope none of you lot ever do a talk in the dressing room, as the games will be lost before they even get on the pitch. Why not just back the team man rather than wet the bed about what other teams could do.

As for not wanting the team to finish in the playoffs and rebuild for next season, absolute nonsense, this is one of the biggest opportunities for us to actually get promoted this season. We’re no better or worse than any of the other teams in this division and we are where we are on merit.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Feb 22:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 23:00

The Moose.....

Jocky Scott, worse Pars manager ever 👌

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 23:03

Great post Berry

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 23:08

"I hope none of you lot ever do a talk in the dressing room, as the games will be lost before they even get on the pitch."

To be fair Berry, it sounds like that was the case V Arbroath. Going by Crawford`s interview that game was lost before a ball was kicked. I wouldn`t be surprised if he had the players going out in disbelief that the game was going ahead.

I think a lot of fans problems is that we are capable of so much better. People say that it`s a competitive league and there are no tough games, but not one team has overly impressed me this season when playing us. If we won 3/4 games in a row we would be flying. Unfortunately we just don`t seem capable of doing that, whereas on paper, we should be.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 23:15

So Berry, because the rest are bad our performances are acceptable?
I`m only interested in us and if some of the others had some consistency we`d be mid table, so we`re actually the best out a bad bunch.
We`ve been inconsistent for 3 yrs since Stevie got the job.

Hearts are huffing and puffing but they got the points early doors and will probably limp over the line now, job done.

If you can say you are happy enough over the last 3 yrs then fine, but I`m not, and I`ll guess that most others are not.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 23:31

Hearts are huffing and puffing but they got the points early doors and will probably limp over the line now, job done.

Is that not pretty similar to us ? Good start and limping along just now. ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 23:37

Where did I say that Gaz? I’ve seen steady improvement since Crawford took charge, yes team could be performing better than they have been of late but we’re third in the league and have been in the playoffs pretty much the whole way through the season.

Crawford had us 11 games unbeaten at the start of the season, competing for second in the league at the moment. We’re going through a bit of a poorer patch but rather than just provide a little support and backing, you know when the going gets tough and all that, focussing on the positive when we’re just getting to the crunch of the season...naw let’s just forget about all the good things this season and call for the sack shall we, it’s pathetic.

Anyway, this is all pointless, he’s going nowhere, nor should he.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 09:24

Raymie, the difference is, Hearts are limping along 12 in front and will win the league, if we were in that position I wouldn`t be too concerned. But I`m pretty sure some Hearts fans have their reservations about Neilson too.

Berry, ok it looks like steady improvement because of where we are in the league the now but we`ve been very lucky to still be there.
At the start of every game we must all wonder what Pars team will be turning up.
The first half of the season when we lost a goal we were getting fired right back into the game, we can`t even do that now it seems. Not once this season have I been happy with a full 90 minutes, win lose or draw, and for that reason personally I think Stevie`s had his shot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 09:29

In what way have we been `very lucky`?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 09:36

I wonder who put together this so called fantastic squad, squads with much more resource than us are finding it difficult in this league.

Lets face it folks this is a difficult league which many bigger clubs have found out over the years. Challenging for 2nd I would have taken that at the start of the year.

I remember when Crawford was here as a player, there were still people having a go at him, maybe because he is a local lad done good and the little Fifer mentality always want to drag them down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 09:41

Wee eck....because the teams below us have been cutting each others throats.

Can you honestly tell me you`ve been happy with the football we play ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 09:47

Lucky........

Arbroath at home last minute winner.

Alloa at home - Backs to the wall second half scored against the run of play.

Dundee away - Last gasp equaliser.

There’s 3 examples.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 10:07

Scoring goals late or against the run of play isn`t `luck` nor is other teams dropping points in a competitive league. If that`s the definition of luck then every team`s enjoyed it. I`m as frustrated as everyone else at our failure to capitalise on a great start but some of the analysis is illogical.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 10:11

Eck you didn`t answer my question, yes or no ?
😏

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 10:18

10 games to go and people want Crawford out😅
We are still in the playoff race so let’s get behind the team and management.
Mon the pars!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 10:19

The Scottish Championship isn't renowned for its silky football. I've watched quite a few Hearts games this season as my girlfriend is a Jambo and with the exception of the Dundee game at the start of the season a lot of their games have been terrible to watch.

So although some of our games also fall into the terrible to watch bracket it doesn't change the fact the Crawford has us in the playoffs.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 10:28

We’re in the playoffs due to other teams ineptitude rather than our own merit. If you want to judge Crawford on other teams results then more fool you. We’ve been a honking watch for months barring the second half against Raith.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 10:37

You`d be as well arguing that other teams are in the play-off positions because of our ineptitude.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 11:16

Why would we make a managerial change just a couple of weeks after making some signings? Why would we make that change while still in position for the primary objective for the club this year? All this time in this division would by now surely have taught all of us how variable and tight the championship is. 2 weeks ago we’re horsing Raith 4-1! Isn’t that our biggest Fife derby success in 40 years!?

And who do we replace him with? Who in our market is available and better than what we have?

Some of the utter tripe on this thread is incredible to read and a lot of it factually incorrect. One of the comments that if we go lose a goal then all is lost....what?! We have the best record in the championship for goals in the last 15 mins of a game. Had I slept thru the comebacks v Raith and Dundee away? If you’re going to have a go, at least get it right.

The performance yesterday was poor. Too many players in the last few weeks have been below Par (pardon the unintended pun). But then maybe we have to cut them a bit of slack and give them a chance to properly gel. Thomas was poor (and as alluded to I hate the visible attitude thing he has at times and illustrated when he was subbed off), but then he is just back from Covid!

If we were to go on a sustained run of defeats, then THATS when Crawfords position is under threat. But right now? Not even a question for me. I think After the years of watching various manager’s after Jimmy C, Crawford is the most tactically astute coach we’ve had in that period.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 11:41

Maybe it's just me but even listening to his interviews lately they don't sound particularly inspiring.

Arbroath sounded like we were beaten before the game.

Alloa at east end talking about how we had to go into a defensive shape due to the pressure applied by Alloa surely at home when we go a goal up we should be trying to dictate the game and get a third goal.

Yesterday not being concerned with the away record.

As it happens I watched John McGlynns interview after the Alloa game Yesterday and is he fired up for the game on Friday for me it sends out the correct message and is positive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 11:58

Quote:

squish, Sun 28 Feb 10:28

We’re in the playoffs due to other teams ineptitude rather than our own merit. If you want to judge Crawford on other teams results then more fool you. We’ve been a honking watch for months barring the second half against Raith.

There's only ten teams in the league so it's going to be the case almost every week that teams around us are taking points off each other.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 12:06

Thank goodness there`s a few really good, balanced posts on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 12:12

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 28 Feb 09:47

Lucky........

Arbroath at home last minute winner.

Alloa at home - Backs to the wall second half scored against the run of play.

Dundee away - Last gasp equaliser.

There’s 3 examples.

None of that is luck, those examples show perseverance, dedication, grit, to play the full 90mins.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 12:27

It's a bit like the time Rangers fans re calculated the league table to show what the league table would look like if matches finished after 80 mins when Celtic were getting loads of winners in the last ten mins. Pretty meaningless other than to highlight that Celtic were going for the full 90 mins.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 13:36

The expectations of some far exceed the stretched imaginations of anyone who has one foot in reality.

Of course sport allows us to dream.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 14:35

We might not be happy with the manager at the moment due to our recent inconsistent form and of course the results !
But I didn`t see anyone saying he was the worst ever manager when we had the good start to our campaign or when we are winning ! we are DAFC we are what we are and I think we are going in the right direction SC brought some decent players in the problem is our inconsistency and Like others have said if we were more consistent There probably wouldn`t be much between us and Hearts !
Also IMHO the players on the park for recent games should have been good enough to win some that we only got a draw in or even got beat in , for some reason they have been underperforming ! So they need to have a look in the mirror and ask if they could have done better ? I have said it before once a player crosses that white line he should be professional enough to stick to a game plan or even adapting to suit what formation you are up against ,
The problem with us we seem to have a lot of the play but do not create enough good chances to convert when we are on top ,other teams seem to get their spell in the game and we seem to sit back and invite them in instead of taking the game to them to sustain this
And I am sure if you go to any other forum for any team in the championship it will be the same complaints from supporters
No way can we change the Manager at this stage of the season at present we are in the play off`s which was his target !
If he doesn`t reach the target come the end of the season well that is a different ball game !
I am not his biggest fan but we need to leave things as they are but SC needs to get torn in about them and kick few where it hurts because a lot of performances lately have just not been good enough

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 15:25

I don't see the need to change the manager at this stage given where we are and our stated aims for the season. The performances on the park are one aspect, but there are many other good things going on at the club.

I think if I was SC I would avoid statements like "we are hurting". It is always better to speak honestly and be transparent. Say it how it is, if the performance wasnt good enough, say so.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 15:33

The principals of Alex Ferguson management style;

1. Start with foundation
2. Dare to rebuild your team
3. Set high standards and hold everyone to them
4. Never ever cede control
5. Match the message to the moment
6. Prepare to win
7. Rely on the power of observation
8. Never stop adapting
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 16:03

That`s the Ayr manager gone

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 19:52

Berry has correctly pointed out Stevie Crawford`s ace card.

After Friday`s match at Starks Park, Dunfermline have 6 games at Home and only 3 away.

If our team cannot be psyched up to play Raith Rovers, in a televised match live on BBC, they are,frankly,in the wrong sport.

Euan Murray and Aaron Comrie may both be back.

Finally,it is not outwith the realms of possibility that small crowds could be back in time for the Play Offs.

The Championship is a very difficult Division to be promoted out of but we remain on course.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 20:12

Quote Indiapar

“I think if I was SC I would avoid statements like "we are hurting". It is always better to speak honestly and be transparent. Say it how it is, if the performance wasnt good enough, say so.”

How is “we were p**h! Absolutely rank rotten” really gonna help the team? 😂

However I’m not sure he sees the game as we see it when I hear his post match thoughts!

I think we’ll get something out of the game against Raith as we always seem to raise our game against them, Dundee and Hearts - it’s the other 6 teams that we play guff!

And he’s definitely NOT our worst manager ever. The worst 3:- 3rd worst. Iain Munro, 2nd worst Jocky Scott and worst by a country mile who destroyed a winning team in less than a season. Davie Hay!!

Post Edited (Mon 01 Mar 20:22)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 20:57

I give you Tam Forsyth, your honour

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 22:03

before xmas were playing fine should have knocked out league cup winners st johnstone on penalties away form seems to be murder 360 mins without a goal away from east end hope for better on friday

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 01:37

Quote:

ParfectXI, Mon 1 Mar 20:12

Quote Indiapar

“I think if I was SC I would avoid statements like "we are hurting". It is always better to speak honestly and be transparent. Say it how it is, if the performance wasnt good enough, say so.”

How is “we were p**h! Absolutely rank rotten” really gonna help the team? 😂

However I’m not sure he sees the game as we see it when I hear his post match thoughts!

I think we’ll get something out of the game against Raith as we always seem to raise our game against them, Dundee and Hearts - it’s the other 6 teams that we play guff!

And he’s definitely NOT our worst manager ever. The worst 3:- 3rd worst. Iain Munro, 2nd worst Jocky Scott and worst by a country mile who destroyed a winning team in less than a season. Davie Hay!!

Not sure I would go that far. There are ways of making the point without embarrasing the team. I don't see anything wrong with honest observations about the performance collectively. If you dont do that you are masking the issues. I personally still feel its a tough league and results will go for us and against us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 03:04

And the board
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 11:10

I think that we are too slow getting forward, we pass sidewards most of the time. This gives the opposition time to get back. I have been thinking that if Willie Gibson had been playing for us would he have shot or would he have passed the ball.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 11:28

I think it's time to move on and start focusing on the rovers game.

They will be fired up for this game and so we need to at least match this.

We can't afford to perform as we have done in the last 2 away games otherwise they could turn us over.

Time to step up Dunfermline and go out and collect 3 points
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 12:30

A vast improvement on the last two perfomances is required, a bit more urgency and sharpness around in the striking departmentis required . C.O.Y.P

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 12:48

I thought Wighton looked pretty sharp against Alloa. Unfortunately he didn`t get any service against QOS.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 15:40

It might be bad but it ain't davie hay bad, still have shudders about that pre season friendly with clyde when he joined. Walking out from the main stand knowing it was going to be a crap season.

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 16:50

Form hasn’t been great but still plenty to play for! I will be showing my support to our manager and hoping we can secure our target of the playoffs.

It doesn’t actually hurt to be encouraging and supportive during the rough times. Too many on here go right on the defensive. It’s a fickle world is football.

Post Edited (Tue 02 Mar 16:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 16:52

Boring, boring Stevie Crawford. Lethargic, uninspiring football yet again. I’m hopeful we can limp into the play-offs, but we should be expecting much more from this side.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 16:56

Play 2 strikers at home for heaven sake it’s a non brained.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 16:57

Quote:

FRED1981, Sat 20 Mar 16:56

Play 2 strikers at home for heaven sake it’s a non brained.

Especially when you’ve got McManus, O’hara and McCann as options. Surely the squad is built for playing with two strikers?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 16:59

Quote:

AlterPar, Tue 2 Mar 16:50

Form hasn’t been great but still plenty to play for! I will be showing my support to our manager and hoping we can secure our target of the playoffs.

It doesn’t actually hurt to be encouraging and supportive during the rough times. Too many on here go right on the defensive. It’s a fickle world is football.

Taxi for Crawford and Dair.
The performance s are diabolical.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:01

We failed to score a goal against a defence of Brad McKay and Danny Devine, managed by Neil McCann.

That’s right up there in terms of a sackable offence to be fair.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:07

At times we were playing 4-6-0 as Wighton was so isolated he had to drop to midfield to get a touch of the ball. This has been the story all season though - I used to complain that it was McManus doing this but Wighton stayed up the first game then after that has been doing the same. How are we gonna score if we are constantly leaving the forward with a half pitch to run before shooting. Dire beyond belief. A good team being wasted by a hopeless manager. (Shades of Davie Hay here)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:18

I`d take 5th right now if we can call the league off. So boring.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:19

i agree with many of the comments
at home and once again we are only playing one striker upfront , in a game we really needed to win to start and get a grip on 2nd place but once again a manager who plays one upfront and gets no service how do oyu expect to score or win a game ?
Very uninspired with SC , was hoping for better from him this season, and it is obvious that has management team are not any better than him or they would be advising him , we have a good squad just need the right man to get them playing football the right way

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:23

Who is the replacement for all these Crawford out?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:24

Just whoever the next absolute punt would be, might work this time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bod1004  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:28

He is far too cautious, plays the same way every week, never tries anything different, other teams no exactly what we’re gonna do every week

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:29

I personally wouldn`t have Crawford in charge. It`s hard to say he should be sacked with us in a playoff spot but with the squad we have I expect so much better. His recruitment has been incredible and we have so much talent in the squad. Unfortunately, it doesn`t look like he knows how to get the best out of them. We have exciting wingers and three decent forwards and play the most boring football known to man. For a manager who was a former striker himself, it surprises me that we are so negative.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:31

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sat 20 Mar 17:23

Stephen Robinson
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:31

Quote:

Hate that argument. What if we lose the next 3 which is possible, do we just continue to say “but who else?”. You don’t just stick with a p*sh manager because you’re not sure who might be interested. Once the job is available, managers will notify the club of interest, & the club will draw up a shortlist of managers they might like to speak too. Just because there isn’t a 100% guaranteed name who’s ready to come in and take the job tomorrow doesn’t mean you stick with the status quo. The football has been absolutely dire since he took over, even during the 5 win streak, we were nicking goals then sitting at the edge of our box for the remainder of the game. That’s what was needed at the time so he was given a chance to take us forward. We’ve not progressed, despite having a pretty decent squad & him well being backed financially.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:34

He's an absolute waste of aGood tracksuit. Clueless and tactically niaive.
His assistant couldn't even manage Dundonald bluebell.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:39

I think SC should go at the end of the season. Couldn’t stand another season of this. Let’s hope the board can figure out a way to pick a good manager 🤨.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:43

Robinson who won't drop to scottish championship his words

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 17:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:44

Quote:

Bamba-Daft, Sat 20 Mar 17:31

Quote:

Hate that argument. What if we lose the next 3 which is possible, do we just continue to say “but who else?”. You don’t just stick with a p*sh manager because you’re not sure who might be interested. Once the job is available, managers will notify the club of interest, & the club will draw up a shortlist of managers they might like to speak too. Just because there isn’t a 100% guaranteed name who’s ready to come in and take the job tomorrow doesn’t mean you stick with the status quo. The football has been absolutely dire since he took over, even during the 5 win streak, we were nicking goals then sitting at the edge of our box for the remainder of the game. That’s what was needed at the time so he was given a chance to take us forward. We’ve not progressed, despite having a pretty decent squad & him well being backed financially.

Still in playoffs maybe time to get your head out your bottom and realise where we are.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:45

Scott brown player manager with dick Campbell as asst

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:47

The “still in playoffs” and “who do you replace him with” brigade out in full force tonight. Judge Crawford on his record and the horrible performances we keep putting in, not against other teams being more pi$h. And if you are defending him because nobody could do better thats even more pathetic.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 17:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:48

There are a lot of decent managers out of work who would jump at the chance of being here only if the board actually advertise the post when the time comes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:56

I do not think anyone needs to get their head out of their bottom !!
Yes we are sitting 3rd but with the squad we have at our disposal if the players had been playing to their potential we could have been out of sight
and I think that is what is annoying folk on here !
To get the potential and the best from your team is the managers job !!
and if he cannot make this happen there is always someone out there that can
Next 3 league games are very important for us ! away to Dundee. away to Raith , and at home to hearts , Right now I am not confident of even picking up a single point , seen far too many lack lustre crap performances from us and tactically Naive , basically set up not to lose
Hope I am proved wrong
If the manager and player are not hurting after dishing out that crap again
I will be like many other Pars Supporters and Hurt for them

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:57

Quote:

squish, Sat 20 Mar 17:47

The “still in playoffs” and “who do you replace him with” brigade out in full force tonight. Judge Crawford on his record and the horrible performances we keep putting in, not against other teams being more pi$h. And if you are defending him because nobody could do better thats even more pathetic.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 17:48)

Spot on!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:58

And why shouldn’t they be, Squish? The table doesn’t lie. 7 games left - with cup rounds in between - it is achievable. Wouldn’t you want that to be the case?

Get behind the team and the management - at least until the doom and gloomy brigade have their way and we’re sitting bottom. You’d think we were there already given some posts.

Incoming “you’ve not been watching the streams so you can’t comment” piish no doubt.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 17:59

I remember you could predict these type of results last season. Huff and puff but no goal only to then go down to a goal between 80-85 minutes, rinse and repeat.

Last season repeating itself, Crawford has taken us as far as he can.

I don’t like the set up, with a defensive midfielder in there you need better quality forward players or your going to struggle to score, we are pretty awful to watch in general.

Surely the German owners can do better than crawford? He’s been over promoted here. If we sacked crawford I reckon he would struggle to get another job above the juniors.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:06

Crawford isn’t going anywhere in the near future, in a season with all the difficulties COVID has brought he has us in the playoffs, 3 points now within them with two games in hand, second place still in touch.

There is no reason for the board to consider replacing him at this point, he’s meeting the objectives that will have been set to him for the season, doesn’t really matter how he does it.

Despite that rotten performance, we are still in a decent position, but how different it could’ve been if we had won today, it would’ve made things much more positive around here and confidence would be high going into the next three league games.

He does need to be careful, as mentioned above, it isn’t a stretch to suggest we could lose the next three league games which made today very important.

I still think we’ll finish in the playoffs but if that fails to materialise come the end of the season then at that point his position should be reviewed.

It’s amazing how big a difference a win makes in this league, we need to remember that and if we can beat Dundee things will look brighter.

Understand completely folk worrying, I’m not at that stage yet but these next three league games have taken on much more importance after today which is disappointing, we just need to suck it up and bring the game to Dundee.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:07

We have played well on only two games this season, home to Hearts and home to Rovers the rest has been really terrible to watch

SC is extremely lucky there are no fans in the stadium or he would be getting a very hard time as would the BOD, the argument that we are in the top 2 or 3 does not excuse the woeful tactics and awful performances all season

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:09

Buffy
you are right about getting behind the team and management
plenty still to play for , but going by performances of late we are not playing at all to our potential , we only seem to up our game and show our potential against a few teams !
I just think sometimes folk need to blow off steam and who is first on your list to get it when you get beat ?
The manager
Whoever is in charge will always have my backing
(plenty managers here on do .net if SC needs advice LOL )

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:09

We are rotten and not if we make the play offs it won’t be because we do it ourselves it will be because everyone else shits the bed.

We have the worst midfield. It gets posted missing. We are playing players that are far 2 similar and have no creativity.

We brought McManus back after scoring goals for fun in league 1 and OHara who was near the top of scoring charts and don’t play then or give them different roles.

Edwards seems to be dropped so that Crawford can justify the need for MacDonald rather than just keeping Turner.

Where’s McInroy? Can’t get a game ahead of Wilson or Mayo?

We set up to not get beat and when we go a goal behind we try to play.

Took Thomas 85 minutes to waken up and Banks looked like he had his boots on the wrong feet.

I’d be happy with the season being null and void as finishing outside the top 4 in what is the worst championship in years will be a sin

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:10

I think we’ll perhaps go after a German coach if/when we part ways with Craw.

Even if we make playoffs, i wouldn’t be opposed to something different

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:17

Berry, if we somehow sneaked up via the playoffs would you keep crawford? That would be a miracle, getting promoted just by trying not to loose and getting lucky just slightly more often than those teams around you.

This 6 defenders on the park and hoping to Nick a goal is just awful to watch, no support in midfield and wingers outnumbered. Has crawford not managed to build a a squad that even he believes can at least mix it with the better teams in this league rather going out just to stop the other team scoring? That’s on him.

Please don’t anyone tell me mcmanus is on a 2 year deal...... if wighton is taking penalties will he score again this season?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:22

O’hara 3 year deal, Turner fiasco, your goalkeeper being his own coach

Not the greatest is it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:30

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 20 Mar 18:17

Berry, if we somehow sneaked up via the playoffs would you keep crawford? That would be a miracle, getting promoted just by trying not to loose and getting lucky just slightly more often than those teams around you.

It doesn’t really matter what i think but if we did happen to get promoted through the playoffs the board won’t sack him will they, he would be entitled to a shot at the Premier League.

The problem I have always had with Crawford is he’s way too respectful of the opposition and at times just completely overthinks it. There is a competent manager in him which you have to acknowledge when you revisit the start of the season and the players he has managed to bring in is impressive but he needs to let them off the reins and showcase themselves. I don’t disagree with others that with the calibre of players we have we could be much better off than we are currently.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 18:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:30

Agree with 1970par. It’s crazy to think how different it would be if fans were in. They’d have taken pelters for that performance today.

It’s sad when you start to get to the point where you don’t really care though. We are so so bad to watch just now.

We definitely need a change!

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:33

Quote:

The Boss, Sat 20 Mar 18:30

Agree with 1970par. It’s crazy to think how different it would be if fans were in. They’d have taken pelters for that performance today.

It’s sad when you start to get to the point where you don’t really care though. We are so so bad to watch just now.

We definitely need a change!

You could equally say though with fans in the ground the players might have bounced off of that and improved their performance, no one knows unfortunately!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:35

Agree with Berry.Crawford is way too cautious, and gives the opposition too much respect. For Gods sake go for it !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:39

Quote:

Par, Sun 28 Feb 09:36

I wonder who put together this so called fantastic squad, squads with much more resource than us are finding it difficult in this league.

Lets face it folks this is a difficult league which many bigger clubs have found out over the years. Challenging for 2nd I would have taken that at the start of the year.

I remember when Crawford was here as a player, there were still people having a go at him, maybe because he is a local lad done good and the little Fifer mentality always want to drag them down.

Wot a pile of crap.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:40

Over the past 2 seasons we start off great.... and our football is superb to watch then gradually over the season it gets worse? Is it management, tactics or the team being bored of training week in week out?
It’s a strange one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:45

“Usual Saturday night bollocks”

Yip - After watching the usual Saturday Afternoon bollocks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:49

Quote:

EEP, Sat 20 Mar 18:40

Over the past 2 seasons we start off great.... and our football is superb to watch then gradually over the season it gets worse? Is it management, tactics or the team being bored of training week in week out?
It’s a strange one.

I think it's because teams suss us out, but we just soldier on without trying much different for the rest of the season. For example, Thomas was on fire start of the season, but as soon as teams doubled up on him the whole team looks a lot less creative.

The big issue we have is no driving force in the middle of the park. We are relying on Wighton holding the ball up with no-one withing 20/30 yards of him or a winger taking on a player. Wilson/Whittaker/Mayo are all defensive midfielders and just don't work.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 18:53

The brand of football on show is shocking. The fans would not tolerate it if we were at games. Basically a 4-5-1 at home to Inverness is shocking. We play one up front so this player needs a physical presence to bring others into the game, O Hara and Mcmanus do not suit this role, so we bring in Wighton who suits it even less than mcmanus. We have had 3 good performances this year, Raith, hearts and Inverness at home.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:06

Yep we have a midfield problem and don’t move the ball fast to the front players and support.... but the club solved this by loaning out our only attacking midfielder🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:17

Whoever finishes in the playoff spot in the premier league doesn't have much to fear.

Going to be the best of a bad bunch who finishes 2nd in this league. The standard in general is honking.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:19

I think he tries to nullify the opposition instead of playing to our strengths thus we are very light up to when we get a break of the ball. I can see no point playing one up front at home when you expected to take the game to teams. Maybe we don’t have the personnel to do that. If I was an opposing manager I would see that as a weakness and a psychological advantage before a ball is kicked. Let them worry about us. He tries to over complicate things imo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:25

I agree with TAFKA. Beside Hearts the standard truly is abysmal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:27

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Sat 20 Mar 19:17

Whoever finishes in the playoff spot in the premier league doesn't have much to fear.

Going to be the best of a bad bunch who finishes 2nd in this league. The standard in general is honking.

Agree. Spl side will be heavy favourites over 2 legs

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:43

The standard of the league the season and Scottish football in general is dross . Utter dross . A bang average sevco side running away with the league . Hearts are poor and have won our league with ease . We have been rotten since we beat Hearts . The future is bleak .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 19:48

Said it before, season to just fizzle out...depends what game we're playing, staying afloat which is likely and understablle or looking to progress.
Crawford can bring on a player, let's not forget credit due...but maintain a team, the jury is slithering at the moment.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 20:06

If we keep Crawford and his Cronies we are only gonna go one way, down the league and out of the playoffs - the same thing that has happened to us the last few years. We have a really good squad that could do decent things including winning the play-offs! The players have that in them, however the management team don’t. It’s time to lose the management before we lose our promotion chances.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 21:53

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sat 20 Mar 17:01

We failed to score a goal against a defence of Brad McKay and Danny Devine, managed by Neil McCann.

So did Rovers. Twice. McGlynn must go too surely?

Seriously tho. I'm a bit worried tonight. I don't even care that we lost. A defeat used to ruin my weekend. I spent today ripping a kitchen out and was unblocking a sink at 3pm. Grim.

I think SC will get til the end of the season especially if we're still in the play off positions. After that its anyones guess what will happen. Surely the investors are watching these last few games and can't be impressed?

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 21:53)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 22:20

The target will have been the play-offs. He has been backed in the transfer window.
If we don’t make it, then I’m sure there will be a change

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 22:24

Pretty sure he will be given till end of season, Also I don't want him leaving EEP. He has an eye for a player that needs fine tuned development. Would like to see him as official head scout / development officer.
There seems to be no diversity in his tactics and if there isn't that's when you get found out and others learn how to control a game against you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 22:29

Quote:

Polt, Sat 20 Mar 22:24

Pretty sure he will be given till end of season, Also I don't want him leaving EEP. He has an eye for a player that needs fine tuned development. Would like to see him as official head scout / development officer.
There seems to be no diversity in his tactics and if there isn't that's when you get found out and others learn how to control a game against you.

There was diversity earlier in the season though. Plenty of examples of him making changes that affected performances and results. Fk knows what's went wrong

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 22:37

Let’s see how season finishes.
Play offs were the target. Promotion was always a huge long shot as playoffs weighted heavily in spl team, not many championship sides have won via playoffs. Changing managers is not the answer.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 22:41

We’ll no doubt sleep walk our way in to a play-off place, get pumped and then rinse and repeat.

I still religiously support my team, but have no confidence in them at all. Two massive games coming up in the league. We’ll probably need maximum points to get back in a good position for 2nd spot. Lose both of them, and we’re looking at the relegation play-offs. More proof that this league is utter horse doo doo.

I think we’re all in agreement that we shouldn’t change manager just now, that’s just silly. But it is glaringly obvious that’s what needs to happen next season if we want to progress to the next level. Crawford has done well to stabilise us after the sh*te AJ left us in back in 2019; he brought in a couple players, sold them on etc etc but we aren’t Raith or Cowden FFS! We shouldn’t be happy with being a feeder team and just happy to “have a club to support” which is the mark of supporting an uber wee team.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Mar 22:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 22:44

Relegation play offs 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 01:07

I always thought that we are not ready to go up this season. We have loan players, and others on one year deals who will leave at the end of the season. We need another season in the championship to build on this year and look for automatic promotion with a stronger side next year. That will give us a realistic chance of staying up.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Mar 01:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 01:19

Get a grip
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 01:48

2 huge away games coming up against our play off rivals. We have won one away game all season and scored 3 goals in our last 5 games - all from Wighton.
We are boring predictable tosh and as much as I am willing to give Crawford the benefit of the doubt I wouldn't hold out much of us not tumbling down the table in the next 3 or 4 games. Hopefully Crawford proves me wrong and I agree that he deserves to see out the season but the next batch of fixtures will determine whether he has a future with us.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 02:06

Quote:

1970par, Sat 20 Mar 18:22

O’hara 3 year deal, Turner fiasco, your goalkeeper being his own coach

Not the greatest is it?

No wanting to play up at Arbroath because it was a bit windy.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sun 21 Mar 02:07)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 08:34

We got outplayed the vast majority of the match against canon fodder (Alloa) and were lucky to walk with all 3 points.

Raith and Hearts at home beside, we have been terrible to watch all season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 09:13

Only 5 points now between 2nd and 8th. Once again shows how tight this league always is. Only positive is we have played less games than anyone else. It's crunch time now, next few games are crucial and we need to start performing. Use the cup game on Tuesday to be a bit more adventurous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 10:09

Not scored in 6 of our last 9 league games and 4 league wins out of 14 since November. Something needs to change soon-sink or swim time in the upcoming games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 10:10

Not fussed about us getting promoted, we would be the whipping boys of the league, playoffs will confirm the gulf between the leagues.

Give Steve till end of the season, will there be a pay off?

If there had been any spectators, it would have been carnage!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 10:27

Topic Originator: da_no_1
Date: Sat 20 Mar 21:53

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sat 20 Mar 17:01

So did Rovers. Twice. McGlynn must go too surely?

——

Great stat. And then yes. In fact any manager against that combo not scoring should be dismissed. Instantly. A crime against football. 😂

Oh it’s just so tepid and dull isn’t it. So un engaging and boring. An actual chore watching this team right now. I really want him to be successful and technically he probably still will be by getting us into the playoffs. But it’s turgid. Yes this league is tough and tight. Said that before. But for goodness sake yesterday what was the point on bringing on McManus to partner Wighton when it’s abundantly clear there was no creativity anywhere on the park? What was needed (for me) was some direct creativity middle to front in the centre of the park. But it didn’t happen, a centre back on for a holding midfielder. Ugh.

Now the big question coming up is how much influence has Meggle had or having at this moment. This does totally feel like a Crawford team and setup, but is he being helped or hindered by outside involvement now? It’s an open question and I don’t know the answer, is it a factor?

By the way all this said, dont bet against him finding a route way into the playoffs and I would never write us off over those games. We might well sh1tfest our way to promotion - by boring teams to submission. 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 10:47

If fans were back, I strongly suspect he'd be gone by now, without changing the results. We have been absolutely shocking for 4 months now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 10:59

Question for rossmcno1:

Who is Meggie?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 11:14

One thing I don`t understand is that when we went 3-0 down to Dundee and 2-0 down to Raith we went for it and scored quick goals to get draws in both games. Why on Earth don`t we go for it straight from the off? There are no teams in this league that we should be fearing and playing negative against.

I would like to see O`Hara get a run in with Wighton and see how they play together.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 11:41

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on club or player
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 11:41

Wetherby, Meggle (you made me look twice with “Meggle” 😂). Thomas Meggle the investor with football background with St Pauli. Been mentioned a few times that He’s been meeting with Crawford and talking football matters.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 11:53

Has Wighton stuck a transfer request in yet realising he`s made a mistake lol.

Long high balls fired up to him and hope he can do something with it is that magical tactic.

Stevie can find a player and get them in, but what he does with them when they`re in is the mystery.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 12:03

Topic Originator: rossmcno1 like | nolike Like: 1
Date: Sun 21 Mar 11:41

Wetherby, Meggle (you made me look twice with “Meggle” 😂). Thomas Meggle the investor with football background with St Pauli. Been mentioned a few times that He’s been meeting with Crawford and talking football matters.

Ah, thanks for that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 12:28

Haven’t won back to back games in the league since October. Haven’t won back to back games since November and have only won 3 times in 3 months.

We’re not good to watch but I do feel we have a good squad. Sad to say I can’t see Crawford taking us up next season and if by miracle we do end up getting promoted via the playoffs then I can’t see us staying up. He’s a club legend but no point sugar coating things. Only reason we’re still sitting in the play off positions is due to the inconsistency of others.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 13:30

Like others I think the squad we have should be performing much better
But at the end of the day it is the manager who decides the tactics for each game
It really is disappointing when you look at the stats on how many games we have won lately or even scored goals in , it is a wee bit obvious where we are letting ourselves down but without having creative attacking midfielders to support the front man, we are always going to be toiling to score goals because we do not create enough chances
And I agree with The Toun Clocks comments , We are just lucky to be sitting where we are in the league because the rest have been abysmal also
We need to really get the finger out or our season will fizzle out like a damp squib
Tuesday night will be a good time to experiment and tinker with the team

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 13:39

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 21 Mar 01:07

I always thought that we are not ready to go up this season. We have loan players, and others on one year deals who will leave at the end of the season. We need another season in the championship to build on this year and look for automatic promotion with a stronger side next year. That will give us a realistic chance of staying up.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Mar 01:42)

I agree we are not ready to go up and IMO will never be ready to go up under SC. We do have the players to do the job though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 13:41

We aren’t lucky to be where we are, we’ve played 19 games, two in hand, we’ve performed no better or worse than any other team in this division, can’t put all that down to luck, we are where we are on merit.

Should we be performing better yes, that’s Crawfords challenge for the remainder of the season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 14:11

I appeeciate at the end of the day it is about performances on the park. There have been alot of good things going on at the club and it takes time for these to come to fruition. With a solid base and more settled team I think we would be in a stronger position. Fact is we have loan players and players who will leave at the end for the season. That makes it difficult to plan longer term.

Post Edited (Sun 21 Mar 14:12)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 14:56

Crawford and his side kick Dair have to go.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 16:14

He is going to get the rest of the season without doubt as we have been sitting in the playoff positions all season. We won't finish in the bottom 2 but there is a very good chance of finishing outside the top 4 with our current form/dire displays on field.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 16:20

There are folk on here who rarely post other than to demand the sacking of the manager. Same folk and every manager since I started posting here about 14 yrs ago

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 16:34

Always is and always will be the biggest debate PARrot

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 16:35

I'm just glad social media wasn't really a thing when Bert Paton was manager as he'd have been hounded out for being a bottle merchant before we went up.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 16:56

Bert Paton wouldn't have been hounded out because that dunfermline team gave everything and were also entertaining to watch home or away.

Our home record this season is actually very good but you don't have the feeling that east end is some kind of fortress.

That's twice now where Crawford has admitted making defensive changes because we are getting over run at home.

That surely isn't good enough. The away form my goodness terrible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 17:02

I would never suggest sacking a manager while in second place, I'd be pleased to finish there.

Our play has however been really poor and form wise warning signs have been there for some time that we could fall out if the playoffs.

As a fan of a provincial club you can accept form being largely up and down. There are so many factors from one week to the next and without the resources of a 'big club' you can't expect to steamroller all around you.

What's disappointing this season is, I wouldn't say we are hugely inconsistent, it's not like we're winning convincingly one week and losing 1-0 the next. There not much difference performance wise between a win and a loss.

We've not played well enough and placed anyone under sustained enough pressure to win convincingly since mid November.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 21:36

Bert Paton had had enough of the abuse his family were getting around the town if I recall correctly.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 00:58

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 21 Mar 21:36

Bert Paton had had enough of the abuse his family were getting around the town if I recall correctly.

Football fans are cnuts generally. Well far too many of them are.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Mar 00:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 01:17

Quote:

LEGEND85, Sun 21 Mar 16:56

Bert Paton wouldn't have been hounded out because that dunfermline team gave everything and were also entertaining to watch home or away.

Our home record this season is actually very good but you don't have the feeling that east end is some kind of fortress.

That's twice now where Crawford has admitted making defensive changes because we are getting over run at home.

That surely isn't good enough. The away form my goodness terrible.

Folk would have turned round and said its a results business and he's failed. Pitchforks out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 02:37

Our exposure on the right/central side of defence was shocking in the second half. There were several occasions where yawning gaps opened up for Caley. This happens when players are out of position and Stevie has to ask the question, why?

Well, mobility is certainly an issue with the central midfield that he chose to play. Other players may have been attempting to cover for them, resulting in the gaps.

I just can`t see how Whittaker and Wilson can play together. Their slowness gives us no momentum going forward and when their passing (which is normally fine) was as bad as it was on Saturday, the problem is only compounded.

With Turner gone, Stevie Crawford is running out of options there. McInroy and Dow would make a difference, but they are both out at the moment.

I get a horrible feeling that time and good luck are not going to be on Stevie`s side.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:18

Our game management after going 2-0 up tonight was embarrassing. Stevie is a club legend, we should keep it that way therefore he has to go now before we slip further down the table and finish outside of the play-offs. Finishing behind Arbroath last season wasn’t good enough, and now we look set to finish behind our fife rivals if current performances are maintained.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:20

Times up. As I mentioned last week, no back to back wins in the league since October just isn’t good enough. All the other promotion rivals picking up points and we’re dicking about giving free headers at corners. Coaching staff stood with their hands in their pockets. It’s a real shame because we were great for 20 mins at the start and 5 mins at the end.

There’s talent there but little leadership.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:22

On current form we can still finish behind Arbroath

To be honest tonight’s game was a great watch and great entertainment but to lose a two goal lead is pretty disappointing

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:24

Just stood like a fart in a trance with a snood covering his face for 90 mins.
Time to go

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:24

No leadership , just acceptance from our coaching staff,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:44

My laddies teams coaches could do a better job than this muppet

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:47

Quote:

1970par, Sat 27 Mar 21:22

On current form we can still finish behind Arbroath

To be honest tonight’s game was a great watch and great entertainment but to lose a two goal lead is pretty disappointing

I actually need to shut up. I did say before I wouldn't slate him if he tried something different.
The game was entertaining yeah. Just furious that there is not an ounce of emotion/direction/ ongoing strategy or most importantly moral boosting guidance from the manager.
We have been saying some of our football is schoolboy stuff of late. Well Crawford doesn't appear to have the basics of boosting moral and keeping on top of it in games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:52

"Just stood like a fart in a trance with a snood covering his face for 90 mins"

was there a manager cam on the red button i missed?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 21:54

Crawford is done after tonight . That was dreadful game management . Tactically we were all over the shop . He brings on young Henderson far too late and then we watch this kid and it’s obvious to anyone that has ever kicked a ball , he has it. Banks impressive as well. He’ll get until the end of the season .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SCPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:15

Do the decent thing Stevie.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:16

Only got to look at this to tell you that Craw should be shown the door.

https://twitter.com/lewisd1995/status/1375931566111797255?s=21

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 23:14

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 27 Mar 21:54

Crawford is done after tonight . That was dreadful game management . Tactically we were all over the shop . He brings on young Henderson far too late and then we watch this kid and it’s obvious to anyone that has ever kicked a ball , he has it. Banks impressive as well. He’ll get until the end of the season .

So is he done after tonight or done at end of the season?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 23:23

The game was entertaining then he switched to hi 4-5-1 formation after we went 2-0 up... and that was after 10mins🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 10:42

7 games to go.

4th place is the target - If SC can get us there mission accomplished.

If he can’t he’s gone - that’s it.

We are an enigma off a team - We can be great/awful all in one game, we have to find some form..........& quickly.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 10:46

Why is 4th place the target? We should have had 2nd place cemented if we even had a bit of decent form since that hearts game at eep, it’s an absolute shambles we are now struggling for top 4

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 10:55

Aye 4th place isn`t a success with our squad in this nonsense league.

The form table tells half the story, the performances complete the tale.

If this was a standard length season...it would get much much worse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:03

2nd has to be the realistic target with anything less than 4th totally unacceptable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:38

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 27 Mar 21:52

"Just stood like a fart in a trance with a snood covering his face for 90 mins"

was there a manager cam on the red button i missed?

A good few times the camera was on him, snood thing up over his face looking terrified,lost.
Awful body language.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:51

Quote:

Angus_W, Sun 28 Mar 10:42

7 games to go.

4th place is the target - If SC can get us there mission accomplished.

If he can’t he’s gone - that’s it.

We are an enigma off a team - We can be great/awful all in one game, we have to find some form..........& quickly.

4th place, with this squad? Get that level of ambition and throw it into the Forth. Only Hearts and Dundee should be competing with us this season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:07

We had so many opportunities to cement 2nd place all season with other results allowing us to create space between 2nd and 3rd. Each and every time tactics wrong and the opportunity gone. I really cannot make it any clearer. I seriously think us and Raith are going to miss out on play offs and Inverness and QOS will take 3rd and 4th. They have the momentum at the moment. We are in 2nd gear....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:16

7 games to go and 2nd place should be our target !!
21 points to play for still and how many points will we amass ? I wouldn`t like to guess as the way we are playing there is more chance of us fighting it out at the other end of the table
But football is a funny game we can win on Tuesday night by a few goals go 2nd and then have a vein of form and win all our games (more chance it will go the other way though) I saw some glimpses of hope last night with the introduction of Banks and Henderson But I cannot understand why they were brought on so late in the game when we were crying out for a bit of spark from someplace
anyway I will wait till after Tuesday night`s game before venting off about SC
Also the next few games can cost the club a lot of money by dropping down positions and it could also affect the ST holders as many people are tired watching the same old thing every game ,so there are many things to consider regarding the manager

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 17:53

After watching the game, I picked up that Watson was not playing to his usual high standards and eventually had to get substituted. Did Crawford check to find out if he was fit. He should not have gambled and should have started with Mayo at the back. When Mayo went to CB and the two young loanees came on we looked far better.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 18:13

“Did Crawford check to find out if he was fit?”

Really?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 20:34

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Sun 28 Mar 17:53

After watching the game, I picked up that Watson was not playing to his usual high standards and eventually had to get substituted. Did Crawford check to find out if he was fit. He should not have gambled and should have started with Mayo at the back. When Mayo went to CB and the two young loanees came on we looked far better.

I wouldn’t think the manager would ever check to see if players are fit....

Even for this forum posts like that really do make you wonder
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 10:07

He has not been a bad manager at all. He has done a lot of good for the club. Brought in some good prospects and made the club a few quid. He appears to be struggling as a coach at this level presently, but he is not a bad manager.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 14:44

Well he wasn't.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 14:58

I think SC and the management team will get us into the playoffs. Good luck to them over the remaining games.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 19:54

Quote:

Indiapar, Mon 29 Mar 14:58

I think SC and the management team will get us into the playoffs. Good luck to them over the remaining games.

Don't fancy playing cove very much.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BIG W  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:02

I believe we might get in to the playoffs against Patrick thistle

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:29

A failed East Fife manager and the best of Dundonald Bluebell , what did we actually expect ?

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:34

If anyone tries to defend Crawford after this then they obviously need to have their head looked at

Post Edited (Tue 30 Mar 20:35)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:37

Get him gone, thinks tactics are minty sweets and has lost the dressing room.

Whittaker in charge until the end of the season, a traffic cone as a caretaker would be an improvement.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:38

Got to be curtains after that. This is the lowest I have felt since they pumped us in the cup. Embarrassing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:39

Take all the creative players off and bring strikers on....who is going to create for our 4 strikers
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:41

Out tonight. Not tomorrow, or next week, tonight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:47

well for me he has had long enough ! fans have backed him and gave him the benefit of the doubt , but you cannot defend him any longer the sooner he goes the better for me , does not have a clue only won 1 game away all season against the bottom club Alloa , looks like we will be joining them soon at the bottom

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:48

7 defeats in 10 says it all

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:51

Been going to EEP since 1999 and this is the lowest I have felt since I can possibly remember. Yeah, relegations are bad but Jeezo this takes the cake.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:53

Pains me to say it but Crawford and Co need to go. I never enjoy calling for someone to be sacked but we've been off the boil for months now. You can lay blame at the players feet but really it's the manager and coaching team who are supposed to be getting the best out these lads.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:54

Great that he got the money to build this team from the cash we got for a player we took off them for nothing.Only as good a manager as him could do that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:56

I can accept defeats - as a Pars fan, that's always going to happen. The manner of the performances in the last few months however have been unacceptable - culminating in tonight.

Tactics, formation, performance tonight has been one of the worst in the last 10 years.

Everyone can see Crawfords time is up. Will always be a club legend, but if he stays now that reputation is just going to get worse and worse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 22:39

After trying to calm myself down I have come to the below

I have seen on here that Crawford has recruited well and IMO this is not true. He has been backed to the hill and has been a lot more fortunate that others.

Having no experienced centre half to cover injuries.
Having no experience in midfield
Having no option up front other than guys who like to run in behind

We started tonight with 4 in midfield who are all on loan and inexperienced
He let Turner leave for the balance of the squad but then went and brings in Henderson
His substitutes baffle everyone and there is no consistency he said on Saturday he we please with how we played but bombs Wilson out for McInroy who has hardly played recently and keeps Fraser Murray who IMO is a waste of a jersey

We have a squad of 30 players including players out on loan we don’t need 30 we all would rather have a smaller squad with a bit more experience

1 win away from home all season is embarrassing
7 defeats in last 10 is embarrassing
7 goals conceded in 2 games is embarrassing

Getting back in the game at 1-1 tonight and giving Edwards a note which in all honestly confused everyone embarrassing. Get a player to go down for treatment and get all the boys over and ****** shout at them show some passion

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 22:58

I think ye need some ovaltine to get ye over the line, Obi. 😊

I didn’t want to add to this thread, I’m gutted at the performance tonight (never mind Sportscene replacing the original HT entertainment with blooming Craig Brewster - the tv debut went oot the windae), but I’m fed up now.

I’m an on the fence person when it comes to the Pars; I try to be calm and see both sides of the coin. That’s just me.

I’m sorry Craw, you’re just not the manager for us.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:28

Another vote for Crawford's contract to be terminated with immediate effect.
Give shields till the end of the season then take it from there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:45

Quote:

BigJPar, Wed 31 Mar 08:28

Another vote for Crawford's contract to be terminated with immediate effect.
Give shields till the end of the season then take it from there.

Shields?
Not for me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:51

Shields , is he no part of our pathetic coaching staff ??

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:59

If we`re needing someone with experience just to tide us over until end of the season, what about Jim McIntyre? Play the way we were playing 2010-11 with the squad we have and we should be absolutely trouncing teams, very much like how Raith trounced us.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:48

My point was really that anyone is better than Craw.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:56

Stevie will be given to the end of the season. Then the board will make up their mind. One never knows, we might win every game and gain promotion!!!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 11:08

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 31 Mar 10:56

Stevie will be given to the end of the season. Then the board will make up their mind. One never knows, we might win every game and gain promotion!!!

Better to stay off the heroin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 11:26

What difference does end of the season do? If we have to pay out on a years contract, surely better to do now than hold on?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 11:35

He needs to go now. There’s no ifs or buts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 11:37

If the higher above want is the fans to keep putting money in from our pockets they need to listen - Crawford needs to go.

None of this it will cost us money, pretty sure if we were all asked to pay a £10 each to cover the pay out I’d Chuck in a £100.

We are are 5th in the worst championship in years - if we had half a decent manager we could’ve been challenging Hearts.

The dressing room has been lost
We have too many young players who’s heads are down and have no leadership.
The man who is meant to be captain wants out
The management team have no tactical awareness and set up not to get beat and combat other teams rather than play to our own strengths.

It’s absolutely soul destroying the fact that we won’t make the play offs after being at the top for so long.

Can anyone really see us taking 12 points from our last 6 games???

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:04

We should have moved heaven and earth to keep Calum Davidson at the club - his reputation was always superb and he seems to proving it at Saints.

Craw can clearly spot a youth player and potential but just isnt management material. We should have flipped him and Davidson or let him walk then

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:10

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Wed 31 Mar 12:04

We should have moved heaven and earth to keep Calum Davidson at the club - his reputation was always superb and he seems to proving it at Saints.

Craw can clearly spot a youth player and potential but just isnt management material. We should have flipped him and Davidson or let him walk then

Yes, we finished below Arbroath with him involved. Crazy statement
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:51

I agree Crawford has to vacate the premises a.s.a.p. , the board know they have failed the fans who most were up for giving him a chance , and whoever sanctioned the appointment of his assistant , on what basis was this allowed

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alan  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:02

We are all in agreement after last night`s dreadful display that Crawford`s time at the Pars must be coming to an end very soon. Despite his love of the club, I can`t see him resigning and losing out on a financial package that a sacking would bring.

However, let`s just think of the financial impliction to the club of sacking him immediately. Just speculation of course but would like to think that his 12 month rolling contract has an inbuilt clause for a top 4 finish. So if we`re to finish outside the top 4 he could be sacked and not entitled to any compensation. Of course as things stand we don`t know where we`ll finish for a few weeks yet but sacking him just now before our final league position is decided, could cost us dearly. With Shields and Dair also part of the problem, then they would surely also have to go along with Crawford, costing the club more money. Does anyone know what their contract situation is and if they are also on rolling contracts.?

Although being really unhappy at the thought of Crawford being in charge any longer I can understand the board delaying a decision until our final position for the season is confirmed, for financial reasons

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:06

And we could also finish 8th and miss out on a chunk of prize money.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:15

Let’s hope for the immortal line. “By mutual consent”

No Pars manager should ever be allowed to survive such an epic disaster against local rivals like that.

He’s a local guy and he knows the severity of that result. He should have the gumption and the humility to say “right I need to go, let’s talk about how we best do that.”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:18

Because we`re at this stage of the season I fear the board will keep him in place and just hope we don`t get into a relegation spot.

There`s not enough time to properly advertise the position if they do punt him.

The other alternatives are, we appoint from within again, I think we all agree that`s a no no.
Or we replace him from within in an interim basis till the season ends.
I think it could only be Shields or whittaker.

Tough decision to make, will they make the right one 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:27

As said above i don’t think we will get the play offs

The board will see it as below - based on our remaining fixtures 12 points could sneak us 4th especially when you look at the other fixtures.

Say for fun sake we can beat Ayr, Queen, Arbroath and Alloa that would give us 42 points

All the rest have games against each other so both can’t win

Raith (36) (5) - Arbroath (H), QOTS (A), Alloa (A), Dundee (A), Hearts (H)

Dundee (33) (6) - Ayr (A), Morton (H), Dunfermline (A), Inverness (A), Raith (H), QOTS (A)

Inverness (30) (5) - Morton (A), QOTS (A), Dundee (H), Hearts (A), Ayr (H)

Dunfermline (30) (6) - Hearts (H), Ayr (A), Dundee (H), QOTS (H), Arbroath (H), Alloa (A)

QOTS (30) (5) - Inverness (H), Raith (H), Dunfermline (A), Ayr (A), Dundee (H)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:28

Let's be fair here. If I had a contract that said I'd need to be paid off if they wanted rid of me there would be no way I'd say "Don't worry about it. I'll just go."

You'd have to be pretty well off to do that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:38

Quote:

OldInnPar, Wed 31 Mar 12:10

Quote:

Johan_Cruyff, Wed 31 Mar 12:04

Yes, we finished below Arbroath with him involved. Crazy statement

As assistant.

I guess he's happy to polish his medal whilst we try and find a new manager.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:02

The only playoffs we might get is the relegation playoffs if Arbroath win 3 games we are f**cked because we are not picking up any more points

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 14:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:12

Quote:

jake89, Wed 31 Mar 13:28

Let's be fair here. If I had a contract that said I'd need to be paid off if they wanted rid of me there would be no way I'd say "Don't worry about it. I'll just go."

You'd have to be pretty well off to do that.

Totally agree with you Jake. If he has a yearly option contract then gardening leave and ask whittaker to take us forward for remaining games.
Not saying Stevie needs to walk away or be sacked. Just placed on leave until contract expires.
Whatever has happened in that dressing room needs sorted and pronto. Whittaker is in perfect place to see what has happened and what the team are capable of.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 14:13)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net