DAFC.net
Home 30 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kevin O’Hara
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:09

Time for him to get a run of games now, McManus needs dropped for a few games and don’t think o’hara has been given a fair chance of a run of games

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin O’Hara
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:14

apart from the goal against Arbroath he has done close to nothing to merit a run of games. if we are going with 2 forwards then its still McManus with Wighton for me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:16

Apart from his goal against the rovers what exactly has McManus done? Apart from running about not an awful lot

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParsDan03  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 19:45

McManus has been poor for weeks, no reason not to give O’Hara a run in the team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 20:30

I think SC needs to try O'Hara up front with Wighton. Wighton started bright today and got us the penalty. He was winning the ball and holding it well. I just don't feel that Mcmanus is the right match up for him to play alongside. No time like present to shake things up ....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 20:32

2 games in and they cant play together

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:41

As before Ohara is not the answer, his 1st touch is worse than Mcmanus

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 21:53

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 27 Feb 20:32

2 games in and they cant play together

Where did I say that? I said "I just don't feel that Mcmanus is the right match up for him to play alongside"
Mcmanus has spent most of season as sole striker. I felt he has really needed someone like wighton to hold ball up and buy him some time and I am no sure it's working for him. O'Hara may offer better partnership and understanding with Wighton. Never know until it's tried. Might no work but certainly worth a bash.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 27 Feb 22:01

For me, it's the way the team is being set up that's not working rather than the individuals.

I wasn't overly happy with McManus coming back, but I've been proven wrong as he's been one of our better players this year. Having a proper 'front two' of him and Wighton will work IMO. However, today McManus was an attacking midfielder rather than a striker. He was in our own box defending at one point!

O'Hara just hasn't got going this year. From what I've seen, he's a poorer version of Wighton and they'd be too similar to play together. Not writing off O'Hara by any means, but a proper front two of McManus/Wighton should work.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 28 Feb 17:45

Wighton’s only played two games for us so far. Surely we’ve got to accept that it will take time to embed a partnership and establish a style of playing with whoever he is teamed up with. Of course the result on Saturday was massively disappointing but there are signs of green shoots in the striking department. I agree with DBA: McManus was playing very deep -almost in a midfield role, plus helping out at times in defence - which is not his natural game. But I was very impressed with his industry, even if it didn’t work out as hoped. Who am I to say (and I certainly don’t want to compete with the plethora of highly experienced football managers on this forum 🙄) but it would be interesting if we could play two strikers - Wighton and McManus - up front.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr P  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 15:01

We seem to have a habit as fans of lambasting players and giving them a hard time, O Hara seems to be the one at the moment, as is the keeper, who is young and keen to learn, fans are giving it licks on here that he is this that and the next diddy man.

There is two players who spring to mind lately that have been here at EEP and were subjected to similar ---`Not Good Enough` and all the rest that goes with it, Jordan Whyte and Sean Rooney.

I agree that when they were here they were a lot younger and inexperienced, but they still got it in the neck.

O`Hara can score goals, he did it for Alloa last season with less quality in the team, all we have to do is let the lad play his game and I honestly believe that we have two up front with O`Hara & Wighton with McManus plying behind them.

McManus isn`t working up front on his own, we have three good players there that can give us goals if we add KT into the mix then we have a good attacking force. add the wingers then give the players the service.

What I am suggesting isn`t from any training Manual it is my opinion, but I hate to see us on here giving players There Not Good Enough comments when they don`t get a chance. management have to look at how we set up and all this 4 1 4 1 or 3 1 4 1 1 or what ever the fade is in set up, we need to go back to when we had a system that worked and the players were hitting crosses into the box etc, I still think that O`Hara and Wighton with McManus behind would work. but Hey who am I , Just a mere mortal who is a Pars Fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 15:11

Kevin was given a 3 year deal. You would likely have to go back a fairly long time to find the last player given such a lengthy contract?
The management must have seen something in him, deserving of that? Perhaps they knew that it might take some time and some coaching to get him to the levels they require?

McManus cannot play as a "10". Awareness, game intelligence and an eye for a pass are crucial to this role. It`s not something he excels at, IMO.

Post Edited (Mon 01 Mar 15:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: peterspars  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 15:59

Agree, McManus runs about like a headless chicken a pest to defend against but not productful. Give Wighton and O’Hara a chance

Peter
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 16:18

I remember when Bert Paton was in charge. We used this tactic. When our left back got the ball, he hoofed the ball up the the left wing. Stuart Petrie was standing our sise of the halfway line. He then ran with it up the line crossing it to our forwards Andy Smith and Gerry Britain. Sorry about the spelling. We were fast and we split the other team, now we are slow and seem to continually pass until we lose the ball. I would also say would any of our team be able to hit the ball as well as Willie Gibson.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 1 Mar 19:45

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Mon 1 Mar 16:18

I remember when Bert Paton was in charge. We used this tactic. When our left back got the ball, he hoofed the ball up the the left wing. Stuart Petrie was standing our sise of the halfway line. He then ran with it up the line crossing it to our forwards Andy Smith and Gerry Britain. Sorry about the spelling. We were fast and we split the other team, now we are slow and seem to continually pass until we lose the ball. I would also say would any of our team be able to hit the ball as well as Willie Gibson.

That first bit is absolute garbage, sorry

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 2 Mar 12:52

Da at the eime we were called the Wimbledon of the North. As this was the way that Wimbledon (before the fake MK Dons were formed.) we managed 5th in the Premier league due to Bert Paton playing this way. By keeping Petrie on our side of the half way he wasn't offside when the ball was kicked forward.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net