DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rosyth FC
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 4 Mar 23:13

Reading this story, it looks as if Rosyth FC have been royally shafted!

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/19136274.no-new-home-catastrophic-rosyth-fc/

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rosyth FC
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 4 Mar 23:23

It does, Stanza.

A possible solution could be to develop and use the civil service pitch and share the facility with the amateur club ?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 08:13

Is my understanding right that they were given money to shift to Fleet Grounds only for Fleet Grounds to be given up for the building of the new school?

Edit - Just read it again and it sounds like a bit of a failure of the councillors to understand that moving IHS to Fleet Grounds would result in Rosyth being pushed out before they'd even moved in! Surely the solution could be to build on the community facility and integrate it into the school development?

Post Edited (Fri 05 Mar 08:24)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 08:27

Shocking ..from both the Council and Mactaggart and Mickel ..

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 08:38

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Thu 4 Mar 23:23

It does, Stanza.

A possible solution could be to develop and use the civil service pitch and share the facility with the amateur club ?

Don't think the amateurs (my old team) play out of there anymore, I believe they joined with Aberdour?

There was also talk of the Civil Service Club closing due to lack of Civil Servants!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 12:32

The old rec park was ideal, was lying empty for ages while the cooncil and Lidl seemed to do nothing.

Really good wee team, seen them loads of times, not always the biggest support but can draw a crowd, good organised club. but have been treated shabbily here, originally was supposed to be moving to AstroTurf with spectator facilities.

Now it looks like a shabby property deal, with RFC paying the price.

The ground was originally developed with money from the common good fund is my understanding, and the club are a real asset to the town.

After covid , councils will be skint, and will not be interested in relocating a football team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 12:48

The Civil Service has closed ,but may get taken over by the community.
https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19092106.rosyth-civil-service-club-become-community-hub/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 14:32

I saw it was boarded up but thought that was due to the current situation .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 5 Mar 16:18

Jings, what goes around comes around. I can recall the 1950’s when the Recs played just down from where the CS Club is now. There was a raised bank terrace on the east side and a covered bit opposite.
I think the record attendance post war was 4000. After they closed down me and my pals used to climb the fence for kick abouts, the goals were still here and sheep kept the grass down. The Fleet grounds were better but you often got chased by the groundsman if you ventured up there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 12:49

Can't remember the covered part, but remember the terracing, played on it many a time whilst going to youth club in the nissan hut!
Was there not some concrete tubes, like torpedoes, at the north end of the ground?
The fleet grounds, with turf like velvet, were a no go area, even though they were hardly used!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 14:28

Yes indeed LA, I never knew what those big concrete tube things were for. Something left over from the war years perhaps. Maybe somebody has the answer?
The Fleet ground hockey pitches were a magnet, the goals were just the right size and there were nets! Luxury! Just get 10 minutes if you were lucky then the dreaded tractor would chase us.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net