DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rangers Fans at Ibrox
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 15:30

Crazy scenes.

In covid times you can’t meet a pal unless there’s 5000 of them and you all wear Union Jack boxers ;-)

Post Edited (Sat 06 Mar 15:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rangers Fans at Ibrox
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 16:59

Absolute scum. Sturgeon has to act now surely ? Get that mob hammered

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:19

Unfortunately it will be the whole of Scottish football that will suffer, old firm at thier best

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:25

They were always going to gather outside ibrox to celebrate there first major trophy win
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:26

Yup.

Sturgeon can’t actually win anyways with that bunch. Bet she’ll get the blame off them when the covid cases go through the roof in Glasgow over the next 7 days. maybe they’ll even spawn a particularly staunch Covid variant, the Covid-55. Their Mentality is very hard to understand.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:26

National clinical director @jasonleitch tells BBC that @RangersFC fans are putting themselves and others at risk by illegally gathering. Says @UEFA will also be watching on re @EURO2020. Coming up on #ReportingScotland

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:27

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 6 Mar 17:19

Unfortunately it will be the whole of Scottish football that will suffer, old firm at thier best

In fairness it would be quite funny if that got the season stopped and they don't win the title
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:29

COVID-1690 vile bitter twisted strain

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:31

Police need to get the water cannons out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:32

Topic Originator: sadindiefreak like | nolike
Date: Sat 6 Mar 17:31

No need to waste water just throw some soap

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 17:39

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 6 Mar 17:31

Add a few bars of soap into the cannons an that'll scatter the c@nts 😉

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:17

This nonsense ,which is now being shown on TV News all across Europe ,will,continue till Scotland adopts Strict Liability like every other member of UEFA.We are all shamed again.

The same was true of Parkhead on 30th November.

If Humza Yousaf is impotent he should stand down and be replaced by a Minister who will take action.

Jason Leitch says UEFA are watching but this was not a European tie so sanctions are limited.

As a child I used to watch water Cannon being utilised at Maltese games.My word it worked.

Post Edited (Sat 06 Mar 18:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:18

Sevco players running up to the gates to celebrate with fans as well. Utter scum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:19

Was always going to happen just like when thousands gathered outside Anfield last year. I assume uefa was watching them as well.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:21

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sat 6 Mar 18:18

Sevco players running up to the gates to celebrate with fans as well. Utter scum.

They could have come out of this quite well by telling the fans to go home before the game.

But then again it is Sevco so that would never happen and they somehow contrived to make it worse.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:41

Wouldn't it be funny if they got docked points for being absolute roasters?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:43

I don’t understand why the police didn’t have measures in place in advance to keep the fans further back from the stadium - and the Rangers players running up to the gates is just ridiculous.

Gerrard needs to be called out on this - his comments after the Livingston game in midweek were very poor and certainly didn’t discourage Rangers fans from congregating - the only concern he had was fireworks coming on to the park.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see similar scenes again at Tannadice tomorrow.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:44

If they congregated outside the ground before kick-off why didn`t the police disperse them then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:50

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 18:50

Teams winning this will happen. Liverpool, st Johnstone last week never saw any posts about similar scenes albeit a little less fans less than a week ago.
We’ve had Celtic fans in their thousands protesting. Motherwell fans congregating welcoming players in. It is a police matter and they won’t act with such big crowds, just like BLM protests during lockdown very few arrests despite police and government being very much aware of protests.
When hearts win league they will be same scenes. Whoever wins Scottish cup same, same in England.
Nfl Super Bowl tampa similar.
No difference if we win league there would be exactly same parties.
Can’t be docked points for fans behaviour.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:06

Can't be docked points for fans behaviour, true but should be for rangers players running to gate!!!

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:09

If it had been anti lockdown protestors on a peaceful March the police would have been arresting them left right and centre.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:11

We've got some posters rightly condemning these idiots for completely ignoring the laws of the land, as they stand in relation to the pandemic, while others are pointing out other instances of fans of other clubs similarly misbehaving.

Oh well, that's alright then?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:16

That’s the mentality unfortunately GG.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:29

Sturgeon will find it hard to act when Police Scotland stood and watched this unfold. The same Police handed out £60 fines to adults at Aberdour Silver Sands today for travelling without due need. Wonder what will happen on Sunday if Celtic drop points. Mass disorder outside Celtic Park and celebrations at Ibrox Park by potentially thousands of people.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:40

This is gonna blow back on them. Saw on sky news Rangers players went to the corner of the stadium to celebrate in front of fan's. Like how does this help discourage gatherings!? Throw the book at them deduct points :) that I would like to see lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:40

"Sturgeon will find it hard to act when Police Scotland stood and watched this unfold."

A small contingent of police confronting a few thousand - what would you suggest the cops should have done ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:45

It`s the Police forces job to act as appropriate, they have many options other than do nothing, read my full post it explains a difference in things that occurred today.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:55

GG, the thing is after so many examples of this sort of thing happening over the last nine months or so at Anfield, Parkhead, Leeds City Centre and other places that the shock value of seeing it has worn off. Let`s face it, the only reason some on here are going all Rita Hayworth over it is because this time it`s Rangers.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 19:56

The first duty of the police in this situation is to maintain (or try to) public order.

A heavy handed response to that crowd outside Ibrox would only have inflamed the situation and caused serious trouble.

The senior rank on the ground would have made an assessment based on the prevailing conditions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 20:00

The police will never be able to cope with all these monsters hanging about Ibrox.
They haven’t even won the league and even the players are dancing about like idiots.
I dont like both of the greatest unwashed but hope Celtic win tomm and next weekend.... but for covid reasons hope they all celebrate tomm.... hate them!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 20:09

The decision by the players is stupid beyond belief.

The idiots outside should have been dispersed before the numbers got beyond that.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 20:15

Not far for the cops to go to join in once they clock off.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 20:20

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 6 Mar 19:55

GG, the thing is after so many examples of this sort of thing happening over the last nine months or so at Anfield, Parkhead, Leeds City Centre and other places that the shock value of seeing it has worn off. Let`s face it, the only reason some on here are going all Rita Hayworth over it is because this time it`s Rangers.

I wasn't specifically having a pop at you, TOWK, but all the apologists for Rangers in general. You can't just excuse the outrage by suggesting it's only because it's Rangers. There were plenty of rightly angry posts on here after Celtic's Dubai debacle and who was the poster who flagged up the celebrations at Anfield when Liverpool clinched the title? 🤔 Of all the recent transgressions, this is arguably the worst, exacerbated by the absolute folly of the players who ran over to join the celebrations.

I agree there wasn't much the police could do after the game, but they should have had all roads to Ibrox blocked off long before kick off and told fans who turned up very firmly to do one or they'd be arrested. If you cast your mind back to the most recent Rangers v Celtic game, you may remember a crowd of Rangers "fans" shouting sectarian abuse at the Celtic players while the police stood idly by. No arrests were made on the day, so these idiots were probably quite relaxed about going along again today, together with some others.

It doesn't matter who the finger is pointed at, no number of wrongs make a right.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 20:44

So they didn’t do anything about the 7 players at a party (in fact played some of them in the following game) then this - they really are a contemptible mob.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 21:03

I predict nothing will happen to them

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 21:06

Probably all from the same family
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 21:13

Protecting all of us , takes all of us .
Except in weegieland ,they really are not only scum but immensely stupid.
Right from the start of this pandemic , Glasgow and lanarkshire have been the worst , the population from there just don't get it .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 21:18

Not condoning rangers fans actions in anyway , but if Dunfermline won a major trophy could you hand on hearts say there wouldn't be 300 or so fans outside EEP?

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars_1986  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 21:51

Quote:

MDCCCLXXXV, Sat 6 Mar 21:18

Not condoning rangers fans actions in anyway , but if Dunfermline won a major trophy could you hand on hearts say there wouldn't be 300 or so fans outside EEP?

Hand on heart I can say no as there would probably be a few more than that turn up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:01

If Pars fans turned up at EEP we would get absolutely hammered for it , and rightly so. The massive difference is that it’s the players and manager who are involved . Scum like Gerrard and his players should be held accountable . One massive f*ck you to the rest of us . The Rangers apologists on here are every bit as bad. We will never get out this lockdown at this rate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:12

Quote:

dafc, Sat 06 Mar 18:50

Teams winning this will happen. Liverpool, st Johnstone last week never saw any posts about similar scenes albeit a little less fans less than a week ago.
We’ve had Celtic fans in their thousands protesting. Motherwell fans congregating welcoming players in. It is a police matter and they won’t act with such big crowds, just like BLM protests during lockdown very few arrests despite police and government being very much aware of protests.
When hearts win league they will be same scenes. Whoever wins Scottish cup same, same in England.

What a surprise to see you defend this.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:16

Surely keep it simple - If Rangers fans can't control themselves, cancel the game. If that was Pars fans today you could guarantee there would be arrests and fines. These guys are thick as mince and are no doubt the same cretins vandalising every bridge, road sign and wall across Scotland with their UB07 nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parfection  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:26

“Not condoning rangers fans actions in anyway , but if Dunfermline won a major trophy could you hand on hearts say there wouldn`t be 300 or so fans outside EEP?”

I think you’re right, there would be a goodly number outside EEP. What I can say, hand on heart, is that I wouldn’t be one of them. It would be beyond wonderful if my beloved Pars could, just once more, secure a major trophy. However, we’re in the greatest health emergency in my lifetime, and indeed well beyond that. My sense of responsibility wouldn’t allow me to join in. I also happen to have a daughter who is a GP. I couldn’t look her in the eyes if I did something like this.

I’m sorry if this sounds sanctimonious and goody two shoes , I’m really not like this at all - but - I believe that many, many people would agree with me in deprecating this behaviour were it ever to occur. I’d fully expect our board to back this stance too, and certainly to forbid public displays of celebrations by our players. Anything short of this would make a mockery of the positions they are privileged to hold.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:42

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 06 Mar 20:20

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 6 Mar 19:55

I wasn't specifically having a pop at you, TOWK, but all the apologists for Rangers in general. You can't just excuse the outrage by suggesting it's only because it's Rangers. There were plenty of rightly angry posts on here after Celtic's Dubai debacle and who was the poster who flagged up the celebrations at Anfield when Liverpool clinched the title? 🤔 Of all the recent transgressions, this is arguably the worst, exacerbated by the absolute folly of the players who ran over to join the celebrations.

I agree there wasn't much the police could do after the game, but they should have had all roads to Ibrox blocked off long before kick off and told fans who turned up very firmly to do one or they'd be arrested. If you cast your mind back to the most recent Rangers v Celtic game, you may remember a crowd of Rangers "fans" shouting sectarian abuse at the Celtic players while the police stood idly by. No arrests were made on the day, so these idiots were probably quite relaxed about going along again today, together with some others.

It doesn't matter who the finger is pointed at, no number of wrongs make a right.

So where was the angry posts on here about St Johnston fans last weekend after they won the league cup? Oh aye that’s right there wasn’t any the mock outrage on here because it’s Rangers is really pitiful

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:45

Kinda surprised at the fans doing this today. Wouldn't have thought they'd have congregated till after they'd actually won it. For that reason I think maybe the police were caught out.

Can't believe Gerard using words like "after what these fans have been through..."

Played right into the hands of politicians and to be honest if Rangers are not heavily criticised for the actions of manager and team then I'll be very surprised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stand Up  
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:49

When I think of the sacrifices people continue to go through to get through this pandemic the stuff today at Ibrix made me so angry. My sister has spent a chunk of the year working in red wards. I’ve not been able to travel to see my folks since August as me and my family are effectively shielding and to see the crowds gather and act like they did today had me wondering what on earth is happening in our society.

Before anyone starts it’s not cos it’s just Rangers. I felt the same when Liverpool fans did similar last year and at all similar occasions over the last year.

I felt at about 2:00 the game should have been called off unless the fans dispersed. What example does this set for when they eventually do win the title.

I’m guessing the police call was that there would be less trouble to allow it than to try and send them packing, but there really should be some consequence for the actions of Rangers staff and players that have been shown and I’d expect both the football authorities and the Government will make it clear of what will happen if there is any hint of a repeat.

Maybe I’m wrong and they will just let it go, but I really hope not.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 22:51

Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe
Date: Sat 6 Mar 22:12

Quote:

dafc, Sat 06 Mar 18:50

What a surprise to see you defend this.

As the last post. Mock fake outrage because of who it is. I`d be at east end if this was us winning league.
No outrage when saints fans done this last week.
Where was the outrage when 10,000 BLM were in Glasgow and other uk cities, what`s the difference?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 23:08

There was outrage every single day by your mob DAFC. A ridiculous argument considering you spent the summer guarding statues.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 6 Mar 23:40

Quote:

parfection, Sat 6 Mar 22:26

“Not condoning rangers fans actions in anyway , but if Dunfermline won a major trophy could you hand on hearts say there wouldn`t be 300 or so fans outside EEP?”

I think you’re right, there would be a goodly number outside EEP. What I can say, hand on heart, is that I wouldn’t be one of them. It would be beyond wonderful if my beloved Pars could, just once more, secure a major trophy. However, we’re in the greatest health emergency in my lifetime, and indeed well beyond that. My sense of responsibility wouldn’t allow me to join in. I also happen to have a daughter who is a GP. I couldn’t look her in the eyes if I did something like this.

I’m sorry if this sounds sanctimonious and goody two shoes , I’m really not like this at all - but - I believe that many, many people would agree with me in deprecating this behaviour were it ever to occur. I’d fully expect our board to back this stance too, and certainly to forbid public displays of celebrations by our players. Anything short of this would make a mockery of the positions they are privileged to hold.

Parfection, what a great post, I 100% agree with everything you have written.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 00:15

The police should have acted much quicker and dispersed the crowd at 12pm and shut off all roads surrounding Ibrox. It’s not that hard to block the stadium off...but from early afternoon the hoardes had decended. Complete inaction by police scotland has caused this, poor preventative planning.

As for the team and players behaving like they did, well, if the police had done their job and dispersed the crowd there wouldn’t have been that temptation.

Rangers/Celtic, both the same with same idiotic fans who simply can’t behave.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 00:20

Rules for some and rules for others
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 00:26

Hoards of Weegies invade the area, wanting to see thier team win the title, where is Craig Faulconbridge when you need him?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 01:34

There was outrage every single day by your mob DAFC. A ridiculous argument considering you spent the summer guarding statues.

Ridiculous argument?, thousands of people not social distancing. Exactly same potential outcome. Football fans just an easy target like players.

Quiet a lot of hatred on here about another team winning a trophy. Thanks for the kind words.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 02:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 01:38

Absolute morons the lot of them and I am not just saying that because it is Rangers. Celtic, Liverpool, St Johnstone etc are the same.
All the sacrifices we have had to deal with to try and get back to some sort of normality and you see scenes like this. Infuriating.
My wife hasn't seen her mum since Christmas day and you see 5,000 of these fuds congregating like everything is normal. Mental.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 02:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 02:26

DAFC.... I am claiming there was outrage re BLM. Lots and lots of outrage . To the point where there were numerous violent clashes so you are obviously talking out your erse regarding that. It has absolutely nothing to do with anyone winning a trophy . I suppose as long as you are your kind had a right good swally and a sash bash that’s all that matters. It looks like 2 fingers up to the NHS and the rest of society however .

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 02:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 07:20

Quote:

back oh the net, Sat 6 Mar 22:42

So where was the angry posts on here about St Johnston fans last weekend after they won the league cup? Oh aye that’s right there wasn’t any the mock outrage on here because it’s Rangers is really pitiful

Wow! Let me see if I've got this right. No one started a thread about St Johnstone fans last weekend, so the reason there's a thread about Rangers fans this weekend is because we all hate Rangers, right?

Had the wild excesses we saw at Ibrox yesterday been shown on national TV also been shown from Perth, I dare say someone would have been angry enough to start a thread about it. I can't understand why any Pars fan would try to justify or defend in the indefensible behaviour of thousands of people who stuck two fingers up to the rest of Scottish society.

I wonder how many of those posters who have been so staunch in their defence of Rangers fans would have shown the same zeal if Falkirk had won a national trophy and a few thousand of their fans gathered in raucous celebration at their stadium?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 07:31

I wonder if any of the fans will catch Covid and possibly end up in hospital. My wife noted that many were wearing masks. Perhaps The 2012 Rangers could have provided masks to the rest.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 09:56

Who is defending Rangers fans GG Riva?

There is no debating what happened is wrong, the only argument I see is not about whether what Rangers fans did was right or wrong, it’s whether the same hype over it would have happened if it was any other team outside the Old Firm which actually i think isn’t a bad discussion point.

dafc is pointing out that if in the same situation all other teams would’ve done the exact same, justify the behaviour, absolutely not but a valid point.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 09:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 10:23

Let's be honest, St Johnstone would be a dozen fans at most. This was 5000 of the cretins. Had similar last year with Celtic fans. Do as you would with a child - if they can't behave, take away their toys.

I know it must be exciting to being close to winning their first Premiership title, but they need to chill out. No wonder Glasgow has been so bad for COVID if this is how the locals act.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 10:43

Quote:

Berry, Sun 7 Mar 09:56

Who is defending Rangers fans GG Riva?

There is no debating what happened is wrong, the only argument I see is not about whether what Rangers fans did was right or wrong, it’s whether the same hype over it would have happened if it was any other team outside the Old Firm which actually i think isn’t a bad discussion point.

dafc is pointing out that if in the same situation all other teams would’ve done the exact same, justify the behaviour, absolutely not but a valid point.

That's quite a subtle distinction you're making there, Berry, but some posters have taken a defensive stance with their "it's not just Rangers fans, those of clubs X, Y and Z have done it, too and nobody called them out for it." Their failure to condemn the actions of these idiots masquerading as football fans, speaks volumes.

Apologists for such crass behaviour, we can do without.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 10:53

It’s ok. The Rangers apologists on here will get their turn when Celtics protests inevitably turn violent again and some posters on here will go quiet. The Old Firm leanings on here are obvious in some cases :-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 11:01

GG, I can only speak for myself but I`m not defending Rangers fans. I dislike the Old Firm as much as the next person. We`ve had twelve months now of lockdown breaches, not just in relation to football, but in many spheres of society. By now I`m a bit jaded by it so it doesn`t have the same impact. Perhaps had the police taken a tougher stance in the past then we wouldn`t see continuing flouting of the lockdown. They didn`t though and here we are now.
However I have no doubts, none whatsoever, that some of the outrage regarding yesterday`s scenes was amplified because it was Rangers fans. Maybe it`s the union jacks being waved that triggers some. For others it`s the sectarian songs being sung. The latter certainly riles me and the former, while it shouldn`t, can to a degree trigger my prejudices. It would also be equally amplified if it were Celtic fans though.
When it`s old firm supporters they are moronic scum. When it`s other supporters of other clubs though they are exuberant idiots.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 11:23

Am I one of these fans that are so called "defending" Rangers fans??

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 11:34

Yesterday`s event happened simply because the last year has evidenced that large crowds equals no actions by authorities or police.
Regardless of the event type there has been no arrests or police actions to stop it or prevent it.
Should it have happened of course not under the law as it stands.
Was it understandable after where that club and its fans have been, probably a bit, there was less thsn 10% of their ST holders there, so in essence a small minority. People on here saying pars fans would not do the same in similar percentage numbers are simply deluding themselves. If we had won league cup there would have been hundreds at east end.
But it is still wrong. But everyone jumping on who it is, same when it was Celtic fans a few months ago.
Every trophy won will result in similar events all over Europe. Wrong, but it will happen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 11:40

The authorities will be hoping Celtic drop points today I’d imagine. A potential league win at Parkhead in 2 weeks time will be filling them with dread. A recipe for disaster if ever there was one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 12:36

"Right from the start of this pandemic , Glasgow and lanarkshire have been the worst , the population from there just don`t get it ."

What Rangers fans did yesterday was outrageous and indefensible - however the above comment is inaccurate based on the stats.

Stirling and then Falkirk were top position, just this morning it was announced as Clackmannanshire......approaching 160 per 100,000.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/coronavirus-scotland-todays-public-health-23619842

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 12:39)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 13:14

VE, the above statement is correct the figures per 100,000 since the pandemic are

Lanarkshire 5649 per 100,000
Glasgow 5391 per 100,000

Which by far the highest in Scotland

Forth Valley 3599 per 100,000

While Fife 2675 per 100,000, less than 1/2 there cases!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 13:14

Does everyone need to come on here and condemn the obvious though, ofcourse it’s wrong, not one post has suggested otherwise and calling out that it’s not just Rangers fans that would do it is true. It doesn’t make it right but equally doesn’t mean posters are defending them.

Call it a subtle distinction all you like but I think it’s one that should be made.

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 13:17)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 13:24

I don't recall anyone being critical of Celtic fans gathering outside Celtic Park to scream fo Lawwell and Lennon to go but because it is Rangers everyone has a problem with it

Post Edited (Sun 07 Mar 13:24)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 14:04

No if I recall correctly, and I think GG alluded to this earlier, GG himself started a post criticising Celtic fans for demonstrating outside Parkhead at the tail end of last year.
Of course GG was simply playing the long game with that. He knew it was only a matter of time before Rangers would win the league and their supporters would break curfew to celebrate. He was merely positioning himself on the moral high ground as so to give cover to his Celtic leanings 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 14:36

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 7 Mar 14:04

No if I recall correctly, and I think GG alluded to this earlier, GG himself started a post criticising Celtic fans for demonstrating outside Parkhead at the tail end of last year.
Of course GG was simply playing the long game with that. He knew it was only a matter of time before Rangers would win the league and their supporters would break curfew to celebrate. He was merely positioning himself on the moral high ground as so to give cover to his Celtic leanings 😉

😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 15:14

``GG, I can only speak for myself but I`m not defending Rangers fans. I dislike the Old Firm as much as the next person. We`ve had twelve months now of lockdown breaches, not just in relation to football, but in many spheres of society. By now I`m a bit jaded by it so it doesn`t have the same impact. Perhaps had the police taken a tougher stance in the past then we wouldn`t see continuing flouting of the lockdown. They didn`t though and here we are now.
However I have no doubts, none whatsoever, that some of the outrage regarding yesterday`s scenes was amplified because it was Rangers fans. Maybe it`s the union jacks being waved that triggers some. For others it`s the sectarian songs being sung. The latter certainly riles me and the former, while it shouldn`t, can to a degree trigger my prejudices. It would also be equally amplified if it were Celtic fans though.
When it`s old firm supporters they are moronic scum. When it`s other supporters of other clubs though they are exuberant idiots.``

Good post, TOWK. Besides, I know who your big team is - and they don`t play in blue or green. :-)

``Am I one of these fans that are so called "defending" Rangers fans??``

I can`t find a shred of evidence to support such a stance, Mr Romano 1885, so I`m not going to tar you with that particular brush. I know from your previous posts that you have relatives who have Ibrox leanings, but that`s hardly your fault. If anything, it says much about you, that you refused to jump on the bandwagon. :-)

``No if I recall correctly, and I think GG alluded to this earlier, GG himself started a post criticising Celtic fans for demonstrating outside Parkhead at the tail end of last year.
Of course GG was simply playing the long game with that. He knew it was only a matter of time before Rangers would win the league and their supporters would break curfew to celebrate. He was merely positioning himself on the moral high ground as so to give cover to his Celtic leanings 😉``

Rumbled. :-(

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 15:16

Ibrox variant appearing in a few weeks?🤔😷🤧💩
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 15:29

I see Rangers have now officially won the title as Celtic only drew at Tannadice.

Are their fans back at Ibrox and will StevieG and the team be putting in an appearance in an open top bus, to reward them ``for all they`ve been through?"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 15:32

There are loads of fans at ibrox and George square going by photos and videos on Twitter. Rangers team watched the game at their training ground according to radio Scotland. We’ll see if there’s a spike in cases in a couple of weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 15:36

I'm just popping on this thread to say I absolutely despise Rangers. Always have done. Institutionally bigoted and thrive on it. I'm sure there's many decent Rangers fans but a huge chunk of them are awful. And as an entity they sicken me.

I try and live life as a decent person but this is the hill I'll die on. If I won Euromillions I'd sort the Pars out but I'd also find a way to bring Rangers down from the inside.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 15:48

Cheers GG

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 16:08

"VE, the above statement is correct the figures per 100,000 since the pandemic are"

I`d be interested in seeing the source, please.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 16:42

VE.

It’s from The daily Scottish government health dashboard

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 17:38

Looks like it`s happening again, not surprising given the lack of action yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-56312051

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 17:46

COVID dashboard link
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 19:23

Now the scenes from George Square are disgusting.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 19:38

Disperse them all with Tear Gas! Fining them clearly isn’t doing it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 19:50

Water cannons to disperse them and they get a free wash at the same time.
Absolute idiots..... Wee Krankie Sturgeon now has an excuse to further the lockdown if she needs to!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 19:57

That's the game EEP . Politicise it !
She'll be damned if she does extend lockdown and damned if she doesn't .
Let's lay the blame where it deserves to be laid eh .
Ibrox and their neanderthal support .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 19:58

More importantly Uefa are watching this, along with the Scottish government it's not a good look .
But hey very few The Rangers or Cellic fans support Scotland anyway .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 20:14

So if there is a rise of covid cases in the Glasgow area we all have to suffer???
Lock them down for another 3 months. Setting of fireworks in Fife celebrating their league win...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 20:46

She would be as well flinging the book at them, no like she will lose any votes 😉

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 20:50

So we all have to suffer? Why didn’t wee Krankie come out with a statement yesterday but instead wait till the mob have celebrated?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 20:53

Takes the heat away from her current in house issues probably

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 21:05

Plenty fireworks going off in the "Dear Green Place" today ( which for one day at least seems to be the "Dear Blue Place"). Don`t think that`s against the law unless there are associated parties but by my reckoning ( which may be wrong) most young people in the city (football fans or not) gave up social distancing some time ago. I suppose they consider covid is an older person`s problem. That may be true all over Scotland but I couldn`t be certain about that since I`ve not been more than three miles from my home for several months. There are some benefits for younger people to get together and let some steam off. As far as the Rangers supporters are concerned, definitely jumping the gun. Not saying this is one of those occasions but one very great man said that if you try to stop the people celebrating, the very stones would cry out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 21:20

Quote:

EEP, Sun 7 Mar 20:50

So we all have to suffer? Why didn’t wee Krankie come out with a statement yesterday but instead wait till the mob have celebrated?

As if that would have done anything and Away and take yer wee Krankie pihs to follow follow, ya **********

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:06

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:09

You missed out a *

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:11

When I read stuff like “wee Krankie” I do wonder if those who have succumbed to the low intellectual levels to employ such language, actually realise it’s a racial slur against the very country they are from? Hear a lot of that kind of stuff south of the border in my travels along with other anti-Scottish stuff. Such really strange rampant self hating behaviour. That and the use of the term “snowflake” does bring about thoughts of low intellect normally.

Back on topic. As for the great unwashed and their soon to be released super staunch Covid variant, maybe going for 55 will be the amount of cases, hospitalisation or deaths caused by the crowds over the last 2 days. Many of them not wearing masks never mind socially distancing. Unfortunately I currently live in Glasgow so yet again I might have to go longer not getting to see family or friends out the city boundaries because of these muppets. Most of them I think because they see themselves as “British” and not “Scottish” they perversely think behaving like they are is a massive GIRUY to the SNP. It’s not, it’s their own health at risk but they’ll never admit or consider that.

Police should have had the water cannons out today and issued dispersal orders. God forbid even a bit of planning and pre warning that crowd gatherings would be subject to a good soaking might have helped....

Before anyone says it....Celtic fans making hay on this should just get back in their box. Should there have been a 10
In a row I’m sure we’d have seen similar scenes, just with green white and gold rather than blue white and red.

Anyone want to buy a wee house in Southside Glasgow...? 😩

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:19

“Wee Krankie” a racial slur.... get a grip!
I have no doubt Jimmy will come out with her usual speech tomm and we will all suffer the consequences!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:23

Consequences of her decisions or the actions of a muppet support of a large football club who think they are above the law? You’re getting angry at the wrong people. Strange person.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:29

BIg T Par.... sorry about the *.
Honestly though just post what you think and I will reply.********** get a grip tbh!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:33

🤣🤣🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:42

People suggesting tear gas, water cannons etc. Does anybody realise what a massive problem that would actually start and potentially escalate? Turning us into a police state when our liberty has been suppressed on good faith is not the answer.

Should people be doing this? No they shouldn't but I can understand why they may have reached the point that they just don't care anymore.

I wouldn't have done it myself but 20 years ago that may have been different and I couldn't say with confidence I would have stuck to the guidelines.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:48

There was no dispersal order given, no planning for the management of crowds, no threats of action. Yet there are people getting spot fined on Aberdour beach yesterday for breaches? Come on. So we just let people behave like this? Nah.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 22:55

The wee Krankie thing is so outplayed! It’s like it’s the only joke they have and will repeat it ad nauseum because it got a laugh once.

As for the Rangers fans? Did we expect anything else? These are the ‘peepul’ who when asked to stay away from Blackpool due to a large outbreak went down in their thousands! Some stating if Sturgeon says no then I’m gonna do it!
Who can argue with ‘logic’ like that.

The club themselves could have stood up and released a statement saying “don’t go out, go home” and their fans would have as usual blindly followed them - but no - Gerrard when asked about it basically said he doesn’t blame them and in not so many words encouraged them. Along with them hanging out the windows of Ibrox yesterday it states a lot about this club and their fans mentality.

Just when we are looking like getting out of this nightmare year, it would not surprise me if the route out of lockdown is postponed for a wee bit longer as cases in the west rise.

The unfortunate thing is nobody seems to have the stones in either the SFA, SPL or government to stand up to this disgrace of a team.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 23:14

Very well put arpar, sometimes you just have to let things go. A heavy handed approach to this would do no good at all. Some have been fined. I suppose it would be impossible to fine everyone.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 23:42

Wee Krankie`s brilliant banter. Never heard that before 🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 23:54

Can't blame the fans, under the whole 10 in a row etc no wonder they reacted this way. Its happened at every winning football club since the pandemic began. I utterly despise Rangers, but so glad they stopped Celtic getting the 10. Anyway, most of those fans out celebrating clearly fall into the high risk category so only have themselves to blame.

It's appalling that the club have stayed silent, but no surprise there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 Mar 23:58

"wee krankie"? That's A1 chat right there. 🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 00:31

Remarkable likeness to be fair

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 01:22

From what I saw of the crowd on the evening news, very few of them seemed to be in the age group that would be in high risk category and some were wearing masks. They didn`t appear to be shaking hands or dancing with strangers. One may be excused for thinking that some of the views expressed here may emanate from a bias towards the other big city rival and that some of the indignation evident may in fact be a tiny morsel of "Green" Cheese.

As a Pars fan living in the city since I was a lad, I have found it not at all difficult and infinitely wise to maintain impeccable neutrality when it comes to the two teams but perhaps such inscrutable neutrality is not being demonstrated here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 06:03

Quote:

EEP, Sun 07 Mar 20:14

So if there is a rise of covid cases in the Glasgow area we all have to suffer???
Lock them down for another 3 months. Setting of fireworks in Fife celebrating their league win...

Thanks EEP, I was wondering why there were fireworks...in the middle of a sunny day. Spoiled my TV watching.
Shows how much I care for this Premiership nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 07:17

I`m going to make a not very bold prediction.

A large number of Rangers fans will descend on Celtic Park on Sunday, to welcome their all conquering heroes when they arrive and to continue their title celebrations, with the odd firework being set off. Some will also shout sectarian abuse if they catch sight of any Celtic players.

A small number of police officers will be in attendance and a few token arrests may be made or some fines issued. Roads around the stadium will not be closed off to supporters of either team.

I sincerely hope my fears prove to be completely unjustified.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 07:32

I agree GG.
I think that some celtic fans will pitch up to defend their castle.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hail2Crail  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 07:35

Get out the high calibre machine gun and mow them all down. Probably best to send a few tanks over aswell, just to make sure.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 07:46

Embarrassing seeing the police guide them through the city like it was a planned march. Who agreed that?

What will Police Scotland be doing next weekend?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 07:48

One of them filmed performing a sex act on himself outside ibroke, what goes on in the minds of these people
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 09:12

"From what I saw of the crowd on the evening news, very few of them seemed to be in the age group that would be in high risk category and some were wearing masks."

What about their older relatives and local communities where they live ?

The key point of restrictions around gatherings is to limit the spread of the virus across the WHOLE population, not just those deemed to be in the lower risk categories.

Most of those who congregated at Ibrox and/or George Square won`t have been inoculated yet, and Covid doesn`t just afflict the older age group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55586994

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 10:42

Maybe they consider that their older relatives are all vaccinated and now at low risk but more likely their hearts are ruling their heads, they are fed up with the lockdown and they are having a street party.

It`s not much different from the crowded scenes on the beaches near Edinburgh last Summer.

Post Edited (Mon 08 Mar 10:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 10:47

We are all fed up with lockdown, there is no excuse for what went down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 11:08

Just looked at some of the videos of George Square, I have to admit I was shocked at the amount of people in the swarm.
On the plus side the inland revenue have lots of fans claiming it is still "Glasgow Rangers" waving thier 55 titles flags around.

Absolute bellends

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 11:39

Yes vee I`m getting slightly fed up too but as I said before many younger people in Glasgow haven`t been practicing social distancing at all during the lockdown. They walk through the parks with 5 or 6 of their pals, squeeze past you on the supermarket escalator, don`t wear masks and never give way on a narrow path. If fines were to be dished out for every transgression of the lockdown rules 90% of the population could be culpable and most of them wouldn`t be able to pay.

Yes the Rangers fans were breaking the rules and possibly endangering their and other people`s healths. All of life is precarious but in the circumstances what should be the response? Water cannon, rubber bullets?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 11:45

"All of life is precarious but in the circumstances what should be the response? Water cannon, rubber bullets?"

Water cannon ONLY if some fairy liquid is added to the jets.

Petition the SG for `strict liability` and force the SPFL (or whatever acronym they give themselves now) to fine The Rangers and deduct points :D

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: John-Boy  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 11:52

Sevcovid

Do you think I'm the man?

A) Yes, B) A or C) B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 12:04

I'm tired of the way that for a supposedly progressive nation, we defer to these bigots time and time again. If I break the law in the next few days I'm just going to claim to be a Rangers fan who got overexcited.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 12:41

Officers assaulted seemingly. When can they join the English leagues?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 12:53

I wasn`t aware that there was any suggestion of bigotry involved in any of the celebrations. As far as I could see it was Rangers supporters celebrating their own team winning the Premier league. With most Rangers and Celtic supporters I know there is a mutual respect and at best the rivalry brings a great deal of colour to the life of the city. There is a rich Irish/Roman Catholic tradition at Celtic which adds positively to the diverse culture of the city and a predominantly Protestant tradition at Rangers. Many people of protestant background are Celtic supporters and some people of Catholic background are Rangers supporters. Rangers who once had a policy of signing only players from a Protestant background have several players from an RC background.

Glasgow at it`s best is a very warm, outgoing and friendly city reaching out to people of all cultures and religions and many of those kindly citizens are Rangers or Celtic supporters. It is neither objective nor accurate to tar everyone with the same brush and conclude that because there may some negative aspects that all is evil because that is just not so.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 12:57

Petition the SG for `strict liability` and force the SPFL (or whatever acronym they give themselves now) to fine The Rangers and deduct points :D

Best start that petition with our own chairman who didn’t agree with it when discussed a few years ago. No point asking Scottish government when the decision is all the clubs who voted against it, including ours.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 13:03

So will the authorities plan ahead for when the inevitable happens and Hearts win the league?
Sure to be the same scenes and the excuse that “The Rangers fans were allowed to do it so why should we not” will be trotted out

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 13:16

Good point.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 13:19

Paralex, unfortunately every video I’ve seen, including the coverage on Sportscene either had songs with the obligatory line about a type of blood, or banners/flags etc that have no business in a football ground.

I too am based in Glasgow but the last few years while I agree no every old firm supporter are bigots, the numbers have definitely increased. Almost directly since the repeal of the offensive behaviour act...with no suitable replacement. I’m now looking to move out the city, as I think it’s just going to get worse and worse. Nothin I’ve seen over the last few days changes my mind on that :(

Post Edited (Mon 08 Mar 13:36)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 13:32

Memorial benches in George Square smashed to bits.
Utter cretins.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 13:37

I would still contend Rossmcno1 that it is a relatively small minority of younger supporters that would express themselves in aggressive vitriolic songs and probably most of them are drawn in and have at most a mindless understanding of the origin or meaning of the songs. We aren`t free from petty prejudices and bigotries at East End Park where some of our fans are happy to refer to Falkirk fans as mutants and scum. We mock Raith Rovers supporters as being the wee team. Abusive and obscene language is by no means absent in our own stands. We could do with cleaning up our own act before making broad, general and sweeping statements about other teams supporters.

Post Edited (Mon 08 Mar 13:47)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 14:14

Put your rod away Paralex.

The line you are pretending to take shows a naive whitewash of everyone else`s experience of that team`s abusive, bigoted fan-dans of all ages singing their songs of hate, coupled with aggression, violence and vandalism of public places, bars, football stadiums etc etc.

In fact, in MY experience, the majority of the hardened dunken and abusive Rangers fans are generally in their 30`s/40`s/50`s, with the "small minority of younger supporters" being hangers-on, apeing their fathers/uncles behaviour.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 14:14

Smashed benches, police officers and Celtic shop. Cretins.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 14:29

Calling Rovers 'the wee team' and calling Celtic/anyone Catholic 'fen1an b*******' is undeniably much the same thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 14:32

You missed out the scum and mutant bit Dago par.

You must mix in different social circles from me Luxembourg, I probably live a sheltered life.

Post Edited (Mon 08 Mar 14:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 14:38

At the end of the day every team has a minority of idiots, every single club without exception.
Drunken behaviour, unacceptable language, abusive, just in smaller numbers.
Rangers Celtic hearts hibs Aberdeen just have more fans so it sticks out a little more.
Old firm fans are based all over the country so again it appears to be worse. This season was always going to be like it was with an outpouring one way or another. Hopefully settles down now with 10 in a row over and Rangers over the hump of a first trophy for a decade.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 14:50

Ah it's just a minority, it's fine.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 15:16

Teasing your local rivals by calling them a wee team isn't even remotely comparable to the majority of stuff that goes on between Rangers and Celtic.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 15:27

It is if you are an apologist for The Rangers or Celtic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 15:37

"The line you are pretending to take shows a naive whitewash of everyone else`s experience of that team`s abusive, bigoted fan-dans of all ages singing their songs of hate, coupled with aggression, violence and vandalism of public places, bars, football stadiums etc etc.

In fact, in MY experience, the majority of the hardened dunken and abusive Rangers fans are generally in their 30`s/40`s/50`s, with the "small minority of younger supporters" being hangers-on, apeing their fathers/uncles behaviour."

Exactly this Lux. And speaking to fans of other teams, they`ve has the same experiences.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 15:44

Ah I see, it`s just a wee joke when we call Falkirk supporters ******* mutant scumbags but deadly serious when similar abuse is meted out by other teams supporters. Double standards, I think.

Post Edited (Mon 08 Mar 15:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:04

It is clearly double standards. Celtic and Rangers fans no excuses for the behaviours of a minority.
But I don’t think I’ve ever been to a game where I’ve not heard abuse being sung or shouted towards others fans, players and officials, this happens inside every ground. Yes most other fans hate old firm because they come and do what they want without any police interference, where as home fans are usually shut down.
But those is glass houses should not throw stones.
It was only a season or so ago pars fans where heavily criticised for homophobic remarks to opposition players, and did they club not close a section of the north west too. We all know the players who were targeted time and time again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:04

What annoys me about so many Celtic and Rangers fans, and the clubs themselves, is the way they like to portray themselves as victims whenever they are criticised. It is a laughable position to assume when you consider the inbuilt advantages these two clubs have over the rest. You would think such a small country as Scotland would benefit from having two such huge clubs in their ranks but they never provide any leadership, preferring to claim they are persecuted just because of who they are.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:07

I know/knew quite a number of Rangers fans who are genuinely good and decent people and no way bigots in any way. They just happen to have a favourite team that is Rangers (new and old).
Sadly I have also met or worked with obnoxious bigots who live and breathe pro UK anti-Scottish and pro Rangers and Ulster sectarianism.
The hooligans that showed up in Glasgow and received a police escort to march from Ibrox to George Square are beyond even that.
It is disgraceful that there are tweets showing police in selfies with these fans.
It is shocking that we in Scotland could have the covid restrictions prolonged because of these idiots acting criminally and the subsequent cost to society from the economy being closed even longer.
Who will pay?
You and me and the other folks, including Falkirk and Raith fans that have stuck to the rules.
This is all a result of Scottish football in 2012 thinking that there had to be a Rangers for it to survive. Only Celtic need Rangers, Scottish football would be in a better state without both of them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:11

"Ah I see, it`s just a wee joke when we call Falkirk supporters ******* mutant scumbags but deadly serious when similar abuse is meted out by other teams supporters. Double standards, I think."

Sounds like you`re still on a high from partying all night tbh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:15

"Ah I see, it`s just a wee joke when we call Falkirk supporters ******* mutant scumbags "

You forgot "six-fingered"

However, imho, a bigoted tirade of "die ya fen*** bas****" is not in any way "similar abuse".

Nor do Dunfermline and Scum/Wee Team fans actively and regularly have bouts of hoodlum fisticuffs after pretty much any excuse.

I`ve never heard of anyone being discriminated at their place of employment, being denied promotions or opportunities because they supported Falkirk, or Raith, or Pars.
However, I do know personally, cases of both discrimination and victimisation at the workplace of both Celtic and Rangers fans, by their opposite cheek.

Given that I know many more protestants than catholics, through schooling at Woodmill & Balwearie, and attendance at 5 years of Scouts and 2 years at BB`s, it`s surprising (or maybe not...) that the majority of such PROVEN cases are by Rangers fans against Celtic fans.

The reason that it`s NOT getting dealt with, is largely due to apologist like yourself giving `whatabootery` excuses.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:19

"Ah I see, it`s just a wee joke when we call Falkirk supporters ******* mutant scumbags but deadly serious when similar abuse is meted out by other teams supporters. Double standards, I think."

I`d have thought, Paralax, with you being so religious you`d have found their (both sides) religious bigotry and sectarianism difficult to stomach?

While there may be a slight element of double standards, I think theres a bit of a difference between singing about killing catholics, being up to their knees in fenian blood or supporting IRA atrocities, to calling someone a 6 fingered mutant.

And while every club does have their own `element` the % of that minority for Rangers and Celtic is far far larger than any other club, barring may be Hearts. You only need to have been to Ibrox or Parkhead to understand this.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:22

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 8 Mar 15:44

Ah I see, it`s just a wee joke when we call Falkirk supporters ******* mutant scumbags but deadly serious when similar abuse is meted out by other teams supporters. Double standards, I think.

I didn't mention anything about that so not sure if that was a response to my comment but Wee Team surely falls within the allowable football banter stakes??
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:33

Excellent post from vasco at 16.07 above.

Paralex, you are someone who tries to see the positives in others, probably because of your strong Christian ethic, but in this case you come across as making excuses for a large number of idiots who have acted with impunity, wilfully choosing to ignore the emergency laws passed during this pandemic. In other words, you're defending the indefensible. To advance that it's only a small minority of fans in mitigation, doesn't wash either - a small minority of Rangers (or Celtic) fans is probably a much larger number than any provincial club can attract to their games.

Conservative estimates for those numbers who turned up to the parties at both Ibrox and George Square start at 5,000.....

Eta. While the main culprits in these embarrassing and disgraceful scenes are undoubtedly the participating fans, Rangers FC, Gerrard, the SPFL, Police Scotland and possibly even the Scottish Government, haven't come out of this too well. I wonder if any of them will take steps to prevent a potentially even more embarrassing encore, when Rangers visit Celtic Park next Sunday?

Post Edited (Mon 08 Mar 16:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:38

I heard John Swinney today , saying he had spoken to rangers late February and again in early March . Asking them to make a statement to their fans not to congregate if and when the league was won . He said the silence from ibrox was deafening . . The medical officer said it was demoralising for nhs workers to see what was going on .
I don't know how much more the Scottish government can do , but I hope they take as much action against the cretins as they can .
Unfortunately tho it might mean everyone suffering .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:43

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 8 Mar 16:38

I heard John Swinney today , saying he had spoken to rangers late February and again in early March . Asking them to make a statement to their fans not to congregate if and when the league was won . He said the silence from ibrox was deafening . . The medical officer said it was demoralising for nhs workers to see what was going on .
I don't know how much more the Scottish government can do , but I hope they take as much action against the cretins as they can .
Unfortunately tho it might mean everyone suffering .

It wasn't quite complete silence, Parsweep. StevieG said that he could understand the fans wanting to celebrate "after all they've been through." D'you think he sent the players out to celebrate with them, in a gesture of solidarity?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:49

At work today, the whataboutery was off the scale, when the weekend events were broached. Whatabout St Johnstone's fans last week? Whatabout the celtic fans demonstrating? Whatabout the BLM and The SNP Marches and so on and on?

Best one was, That Rangers fans had stayed on after the celebrations and cleaned up George Square during the night, after they had left it like a rubbish tip.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 16:51

Read carefully what I have written. I have made no apologies for anyone. But I am making the point that if we want to set society to rights a good place to start is with ourselves. Righteous indignation about others is great but let`s get our own house in order at the same time.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 17:03

GG . Swinney twice asked them to make a statement asking their fans to stay at home before the weekend . I think it was the 25 th February and 5th of march. His exact words " the silence was deafening "
He never mentioned anything abt what Gerrard's excuses had been since then .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 17:05

Sorry Paralex - you`re coming across as deluded, naive and a bit silly.

Are you seriously telling us that if we stop referring to `Wee-Teamies` and `Six-Fingered-mutants`, then all will be right with the world, both sides of the OF will see our sparkling shiny-white example of tolerance and inclusion - and immediately refrain from any and all bigotry and hatred toward each other?

Gimme a break.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 17:38

Takes the smallest spark to light a fire Luxembourg. One gentleman in Northern Ireland had the most profound effect on the peace process because he said through his tears that he forgave the IRA bombers who murdered his daughter. But do you have a problem about being kind and considerate towards supporters of other teams? Let`s reach for higher standards. Love your enemies, do good to those who do harm to you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 17:54

Telling someone in Kirkcaldy that they support a wee team isn't bigotry.

Rangers, Celtic and Hearts are all bad. There's even an element within our club. It's not banter.

Scotland has long failed to resolve religious bigotry.

Back to Rangers - this minority of "fans" seem to have form. Remember that they smashed up Manchester in the past. What's shameful is Police Scotland claiming they couldn't predict this happening. No doubt they won't predict this weekend either.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 17:59

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 8 Mar 17:03

GG . Swinney twice asked them to make a statement asking their fans to stay at home before the weekend . I think it was the 25 th February and 5th of march. His exact words " the silence was deafening "

Sorry, mate. I was being sarcastic in my previous post.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 18:02

"But do you have a problem about being kind and considerate towards supporters of other teams? "
"Love your enemies"

Are you for real? Your `holier than thou` p!sh just rips ma knitting...

I have more family members that are Wee-Teamies than are Pars.

Lived in Kirkcaldy from age 14-27, so am friends with more Rovers supporting muppets than fellow Pars nutters.

But yeah, you`re right - I`m the problem.

If it wasn`t for my six-finger jibes at Grangemouth boys, then the religious hatred and bigotry that has been prevalent for hundreds of years, and has manifested in three football clubs in Glasgow for the last 130-odd years would have disappeared :-(
How can i live with myself?
All the suffering and intolerance that could have been avoided if only I would admit that 5 fingers are actually the norm just over the Kincardine bridge...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 18:14

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 8 Mar 17:59

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 8 Mar 17:03

Sorry, mate. I was being sarcastic in my previous post.

Oops no probs GG . I usually get sarcasm . You should ask the missus lol .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 18:56

If the Rangers 2012 board didn't want their fans to collect in large numbers, why did they not get their players to stop celebrating with their fans on Saturday afternoon?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 19:17

I`d have to say that your response doesn`t show much kindness or grace Luxembourg. How can we point the finger at other people`s vitriol if we can`t control our own?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 19:20

Paralex you are coming across as an absolute roaster!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 19:43

Sergio Duarte is far too generous.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 19:57

I don`t always agree with Paralex view`s .... but they are his ... and just because they happen to differ from other posters view`s on here .... does not justify calling him names and degrading him .... live and let live guys .... just saying

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 20:17

Human nature can only be changed by spiritual heart transplant. Government legislation has no power to change hateful attitudes. We can rage all we like about cretins and imbeciles but when we find that the root cause of hatred is not dealt with in our own lives we have the same human disease that needs radical treatment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 21:40

Front page of todays Papers show in glorious colour the cretins who gathered. All age ranges, mix of genders and BMI, vast majority not wearing masks and obviously none socially distanced.

I give you, ra peepel......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 21:59

what was worse they smashed up memorial benches at george square people who died had them put in george square to remember loved ones

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 22:06

Quote:

bigdonnie, Mon 8 Mar 21:59

what was worse they smashed up memorial benches at george square people who died had them put in george square to remember loved ones

Just heard that Rangers are offering to put the old plaques on new benches and claim they're the same benches...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 Mar 22:41

Imagine actually thinking there was no bigotry yesterday. Unbelievable

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 02:28

Glasgow City Council were asking for information re plaques broken off the damaged benches. I recognised the name on the first one listed as it belonged to the family of a woman who died in the Glasgow bin lorry crash. So sad.

Rangers fans who have offered ( and have already raised money from a GoFundMe page ) to repair the damage caused last night have no idea the impact and impression that vandalism has left on those affected families.

A sorry state of affairs and a stain on their team’s title win, imo.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 06:49

The differing stances adopted by posters on here is quite eye opening.

On the one hand, you have those who are outraged and embarrassed by the behaviour of fans outside Ibrox and George Square, with TV pictures beamed not only across the UK, but also to many different countries. Many of us are also angry at the lack of foresight and paralysis manifested by Rangers FC, the SPFL, Police Scotland and the Scottish Government. Was it so difficult to predict that many fans would want to celebrate their team`s title win and descend on Ibrox - even in the middle of Covid restrictions? Why were Rangers players allowed to go out and celebrate with the fans? Why did no one from Rangers condemn the fans behaviour or ask them to go home? Could the roads around Ibrox not have been blocked off and fans firmly turned away by police? Why were the police caught out again the following day and why escort the fans from Ibrox to George Square?

On the other hand, we have folk making excuses and allowances for these same fans and a generous sprinkling of whataboutery for good measure. "People are only outraged because it`s Rangers" etc. Really? I have no doubts I would have been just as angry if the same excesses had been committed by fans of Celtic, Hearts, Falkirk or any other team. (Some of us haven`t seen members of our families since Christmas or even longer, because we`re following the rules.)

I wonder if the authorities are working on a plan to prevent these disgraceful scenes being repeated at Parkhead on the 21st of March, or if they`ll be caught unaware for a third time? I`m not holding my breath.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 08:50

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 8 Mar 17:38

Takes the smallest spark to light a fire Luxembourg. One gentleman in Northern Ireland had the most profound effect on the peace process because he said through his tears that he forgave the IRA bombers who murdered his daughter. But do you have a problem about being kind and considerate towards supporters of other teams? Let`s reach for higher standards. Love your enemies, do good to those who do harm to you.

That's not very Christian.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 12:00

There are some selfish people out there. Putting lives at risk by breaking the social distancing measures could be construed as manslaughter. For this part I`m not singling out the Rangers as we`ve already seen it amongst Leeds, Celtic , Liverpool and Scotland supporters over the last year at various times-there`s no point pretending otherwise. Liverpool are my English team but it doesn`t mean I condone the actions of the minority. I wonder if these fan would think it was worth it if they were to lose a loved one to the virus?

Of course it could have been handled better by the authorities but people have to take responsibility as the vast majority have been doing for the last year.

Where the Rangers appeared to have excelled is causing mindless damage to public property and the sectarian bile, perhaps not a surprise. They should feel the full impact of the law like any other citizen would but I won`t hold my breath. What would the scenes have been like if Celtic had won 10 in a row-probably pretty similar sadly?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 12:31

28 people arrested during the gatherings with 7 being fined or reported to the procurator fiscal.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 12:34

^^^ Good post, parathletic. I completely agree that the Rangers fans are not alone in making a mockery of the Covid restrictions and that, had Celtic won 10 in a row, the celebrations by their fans may have been just as err... exuberant.

Where I disagree is the implied suggestion by some posters that somehow we should cut the Rangers fans a bit of slack because fans of other clubs misbehaved previously. I'll ask again - how many wrongs make a right. Some have suggested the outrage is more intense because it's Rangers. What does that mean? Are we to infer that fans of other teams hate Rangers above all other teams? I think it's safe to say Rangers are the most popular club in Scotland with fans in every corner of the country and some in high places, too, which is why they will escape any punishment which may well have been meted out to some provincial club.

Perhaps people are angry at the fact that they stuck two fingers up to the authorities not once but twice inside 24 hours, in spite of the criticism they attracted on Saturday. Not far behind in the blame stakes are the club, the SPFL and Police Scotland, who if reports are to be believed, were involved in selfies with these lawbreaking louts.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 12:36

Ha ha. . .nice one Jake.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 13:06

Who is making excuses for them or cutting them slack?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 15:18

Quote:

Berry, Tue 9 Mar 13:06

Who is making excuses for them or cutting them slack?

I'd rather not name names, Berry, but if you care to read through this thread, you will find no shortage of examples, although in some cases it's the same posters who are involved.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 15:24

Hit them hard!! Remove them from the league and give a 3-0 win to all opponents. Don’t relegate them, relegate lowest team as normal. I’m only saying this as the team themselves did nothing, in fact they celebrated with the fans in the corner and there are photos of Gerrard and Morelos giving thumbs up and showing the champagne to the fans at the window. This to me is condoning and being part of the situation. Remember it’s not their first time breaking the rules - from my knowledge it’s at least the 3rd time and their was literally no action seen to be taken after the last one - so clearly the softly softly message is not going over.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 Mar 18:22

Gerrard interview is a bit embarrassing!

Full interview seemingly on STV at 10.00 tonight.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 10:09

Ranger's reply to criticism:-

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/rangers-hit-back-at-sturgeon-and-swinney-over-celebrations?top&&__twitter_impression=true
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 10:42

They're right that the police should have been better prepared. 5000 people don't just appear. They should have been sending them back as they arrived. They also shouldn't have led them to George Square like it was some kind of organised march.

However, where were the Rangers board? There must have been discussions on Rangers' forums? I'd like to think that, if the Pars were in this situation, we'd have a board statement saying not to come near EEP.

The suggestion now is that the OF game could be canned. I hope it doesn't go ahead until there is a clear plan in place. It's incredible how much effort is wasted on two football teams.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 14:31

Rangers reply is an embarrassment- it just reads as you’re picking on us and it was everyone else’s fault.

“What more could we have done?” Well how about telling the fans to go home? How about not allowing the players to go to the area the fans were to celebrate with them? How about your manager and players not opening windows of the dressing room so they could celebrate with the fans.

They did absolutely nothing to stop the fans, in fact certain elements did quite the opposite.

As I’ve said before this is their third breach and they should now be dealt with severely, so other clubs realise the severity of breaking the rules, otherwise the government won’t have a leg to stand on should another club breach the rules again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 14:43

The police should have kettled them, then blocked their exit for 12 hours.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 15:02

Quote:

ParfectXI, Wed 10 Mar 14:31

Rangers reply is an embarrassment- it just reads as you’re picking on us and it was everyone else’s fault.

“What more could we have done?” Well how about telling the fans to go home? How about not allowing the players to go to the area the fans were to celebrate with them? How about your manager and players not opening windows of the dressing room so they could celebrate with the fans.

They did absolutely nothing to stop the fans, in fact certain elements did quite the opposite.

As I’ve said before this is their third breach and they should now be dealt with severely, so other clubs realise the severity of breaking the rules, otherwise the government won’t have a leg to stand on should another club breach the rules again.

It's difficult to disagree with any of your points and I empathise with the simmering anger through your post, but if you believe either the SG, SFA or the SPFL will move a muscle to punish Scotland's Establishment Club, you're living in cuckoo land.

To be fair, I think the FM would like to boot a few testicles down Ibrox way, but she must be mindful that large swathes of the population are either Rangers fans or at least "Rangers-minded ", so any punitive action against the club could lose the SNP crucial votes in the forthcoming Scottish Parliamentary elections.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 16:12

Rangers fans are by and large Unionists with their big union jacks and god save the Queen. It’s doubtful that the SNP would get many votes from there anyway.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 16:33

They are indeed, in fact I thought that it was Conservative and Unionist meeting outside Ibrox. With the amount of union flags I was looking to if Boris had been invited. Haha.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 17:51

If only the memorial benches were in honour of slave traders they might have protected them instead of destroying them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 12:39

Decision on whether the game will go ahead at Parkhead will be made next week according to the Beeb

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 16:40

Can they not play the game at a neutral venue. Perhaps unknown to both clubs until match day. I don't think that they could play on an island in the North Sea. However perhaps the Faroe islands could provide a pitch.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 17:30

I’m sure between sky, police and all that is still needed for any game it would leak out.
Spfl will be in a panic especially with the SKy TV deal and especially this upcoming one and next one after, could result in fines or withholding money for everyone.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 17:44

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 12 Mar 16:40

Can they not play the game at a neutral venue. Perhaps unknown to both clubs until match day. I don't think that they could play on an island in the North Sea. However perhaps the Faroe islands could provide a pitch.

The Puskas Arena, in Budapest, seems happy to accept teams who cannot meet in their own stadia, because of Covid regulations. Maybe they could go there and not be allowed back?

Post Edited (Fri 12 Mar 17:44)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net