DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pars picks
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 19:58

New free-to-play contest will give away £500 for every Pars matchday
Low6 can today confirm a new partnership with Scottish Championship club, Dunfermline Athletic FC – which sees the release of Pars Pick to app stores.
The brand new contest, which is free to enter, will give Pars fans the chance to win a share of £500 every game.
Supporters compete on a peer-to-peer basis, predicting a series of match outcomes such as goals scored, corners taken and saves made.
The more predictions you correctly make, the more points scored and higher up the leaderboard you move!
Head over to parspicks.co.uk and get playing for FREE ahead of this weekend’s home match with Greenock Morton!
Download the app on iOS or Android!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pars picks
Topic Originator: JoshPars4life  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 20:09

I've tried to sign up and when it comes to sending my phone the verification code it doesn't seem to be working for me. See from the Instagram comments I'm not the only one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 20:15

Josh ,I've had the same problem mate , hopefully ,either the club or designers get this fixed

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 22:22

Love this, great idea! I’m not sure how this makes money for the club? Obviously does, just curious.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 23:04

Quote:

AlterPar, Wed 10 Mar 22:22

Love this, great idea! I’m not sure how this makes money for the club? Obviously does, just curious.

Most likely advertising as is normal nowadays
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superpars68  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 23:13

Same problem, not receiving a verification code.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stand Up  
Date:   Wed 10 Mar 23:14

Got my phone verified but it wants me to send a copy of my driving license or passport for ID. Not sure I’m happy about that to an email I don’t know that much about....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: oakley_pars  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 01:35

What is the email to verify? Wont let me make any predictions on the app

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 01:57

Same here nor sending a text to let me verify my phone. If you need to send a copy of ID too don`t think I`ll bother tbh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 03:48

The parent company is a gambling company so proof of identity is pretty standard when setting up a meeting account

it only takes one tree to make a thousand matches, it only takes one match to burn a thousand trees
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 09:03

I do the sky super 6 ,through sky bet ,but no ID was needed other that verification of phone ,email .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 09:19

I successfully registered last night and it never asked for any formal ID
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 09:22

Problem with the phone verification code appears to be Android related. Developer is investigating. I'll post here when it's been resolved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser Chief  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 11:29

Quote:

Stand Up, Wed 10 Mar 23:14

Got my phone verified but it wants me to send a copy of my driving license or passport for ID. Not sure I’m happy about that to an email I don’t know that much about....

ID is only requested if they're unable to verify who you are from your phone number e.g. if you've used a different name to register.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DaveyDunfermlinefan  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 11:45

The ID verification is only required if you can not be verified by your phone. This is standard for UK gambling firms.

Email info@low6.com and they will address any issues with sign up.

https://www.low6.com/

The company has multiple games in the UK

Post Edited (Thu 11 Mar 11:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 20:38

Although it's free to play with prizes, there is no such thing a free lunch. Looks very much to me like a back door into gambling for younger people. I'm not sure a socially responsible club like ours should be associated with such stuff. (that'll be why they sent our 'VICE' Chairman Braisby to announce the deal)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 09:54

As a recovering gambling addict, I would urge anyone feeling like they are losing control to seek help. This on the surface looks like great fun, and is brilliant if it can be taken as that. I am surprised the club went down this route if I am honest in a time where football and gambling ( gambling even on its own) is under scrutiny. The last year (since lockdown) gambling figures are truly horrifying yet expected.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 10:19

Very good points gentlemen.
Gambling can lead to serious difficulties.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 10:50

I am glad that other people have also spotted the back-door connection with gambling. Quite frankly, I don`t think the club should be associating itself with this sort of stuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 12:49

To be fair it’s a fairly straightforward situation. If you want to play then play, if you don’t then don’t. Doesn’t need an extensive discussion on the clubs ethics.

There’s hardly a club in the UK that isn’t sponsored and affiliated to a gambling company directly or otherwise.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 12:57

Hugely important points here and can't agree enough. Like fags at the snooker this will all come crashing down for football, mark my words.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 13:25

With all due respect OldInn it certainly is not "a fairly straightforward situation"

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 13:29

Having overcome a gambling problem, I can certainly see the points being made. However, the fact they have made this game free to play is fantastic. Remember, 50/50 draws are also a form of gambling.

Both of these things benefit the club and I’m all for them. But would definitely encourage anyone who finds this to be an issue to stay clear.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 15:42

I can see how it could be a back door into gambling, I have a punt most weekends so this will just add a little extra to pars games.
As many have said above if it becomes a problem..STOP

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 15:46

I remember when Watson had booths in the norrie and betting slips on the tables in legends I always thought that added to the pre match build up and as someone who likes a bet was disappointed when it got removed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 16:42

Quote:

RMGpar, Fri 12 Mar 13:25

With all due respect OldInn it certainly is not "a fairly straightforward situation"

It’s a choice. The golden goal, 50/50, spot the ball and all other items are games/gambling that’s associated to the clubs.

It’s a free game that’s no more than a bit of fun. Make the choice, glad the club are actually introducing some free fun at the moment.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 16:50

Tell a GA that it`s a choice

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 16:59

Quote:

RMGpar, Fri 12 Mar 16:50

Shut the pubs, shut the bookies, shut the lottery down, shut STV’s win a car/holiday....next tune at links market don’t guess how many sweeties are in the jar....you might win a prize

I’m aware people are affected but there a huge minority to people that responsibly enjoy these things.

Anybody that needs help I hope gets it but your reading too much into this I’m afraid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 17:23

Quote:

OldInnPar, Fri 12 Mar 16:59

Quote:

RMGpar, Fri 12 Mar 16:50

Shut the pubs, shut the bookies, shut the lottery down, shut STV’s win a car/holiday....next tune at links market don’t guess how many sweeties are in the jar....you might win a prize

I’m aware people are affected but there a huge minority to people that responsibly enjoy these things.

Anybody that needs help I hope gets it but your reading too much into this I’m afraid.

I don't think we are. I understand most other clubs have partnerships with gambling firms and every penny is a prisoner but I think we should be better than this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kyle DAFC  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 19:10

It’s literally FREE to play. Outrageous to even suggest the club have gone down a bad path here.

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 17:26

Saying on the app that wighton didn’t score, we didn’t score in the first half and that the pars didn’t win!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 17:27

Quote:

oakley_pars, Sat 13 Mar 17:26

Saying on the app that wighton didn’t score, we didn’t score in the first half and that the pars didn’t win!

Aye mines the same
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 17:32

Got me as having 6 points when it should be minimum 10. I have no idea about number of shots on target, saves made or corners awarded so could be more

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 18:17

I cannot work out the points scoring, says I have 5 points and 17 points on the same page. Then 9 points on another 🤯

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 18:31

I’m down as 14, middle of the road score I’d be thinking.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 18:51

It now has me on 18 points and in 198th place. But according to the leaderboard there is a multitude of winners in 1st place with only 16 points 🤔

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 19:19

Oakley Par we didnae today. We will all wake up tomorrow morning and realise it was all a dream. 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 19:56

That’s it updated now
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:34

Let`s just close legends and stop serving alcohol because recovering alcoholics attend games. It`s very simple if you don`t want to do it don`t download the app but don`t make the point that the club shouldn`t be a part of something that generates profit and gives the fans some fun because a miniscule minority might have temptations.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bigbeefcake  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 19:28

Can`t believe the clubs ethics are being brought into question here. Everytime i come on here it never fails to baffle/amuse me some of the points.

Inviting bairns to weddings a back door onto the booze?

Gambling addition is a serious issue in modern day society and has to be tackled but to bring it into this post is a nonsense.

It's another big beefy bonanza at the beefcake boulevard!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:10

Quote:

Kyle DAFC, Fri 12 Mar 19:10

It’s literally FREE to play. Outrageous to even suggest the club have gone down a bad path here.

It is now no longer free to play and is costing £2 a go with prize money going down to £100.

Gambling companies don't give anything for free. This was a road in so long term they could make money.
While there is nothing wrong with them making money I feel like the club has made a wrong move here.
Some people who may never had any intention to gamble may have won on the free game and then start gambling due to this.

If people want to gamble they will find a way. This on the other hand has been done in a very calculated way to entice people in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:19

It is still free. There is an free option with a prizepool of £50, or an option to pay £2 with a prizepool of £100.

Through the EURO’s they had varying options including free options and also options to play for £2/£5 with an increased prizepool
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 14:35

Quote:

Geordiepar, Thu 15 Jul 14:19

It is still free. There is an free option with a prizepool of £50, or an option to pay £2 with a prizepool of £100.

Through the EURO’s they had varying options including free options and also options to play for £2/£5 with an increased prizepool

OK I didn't see the Free £50 bet because you need to click on the bet bar to find it.
Why don't they have the Free bet as the main thing on the bet bar and the pay to play bet the one you need to go searching for?
It's still pretty shady.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 15 Jul 21:35

I won money on one of the first free games and withdrew the cash. I then won again on Scotland V Croatia but this time I couldn`t withdraw I could only use it to play the pay games and unfortunately I`ve spent it all without winning again. I still play the free one too though. I won`t be topping up lol

Post Edited (Thu 15 Jul 21:37)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net