DAFC.net
Home 27 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New management team at Morton
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 09:22

From BBC Sport :-

Gus MacPherson has taken over as the manager of Morton until the end of the season. The Greenock side, sitting sixth in the Scottish Championship, say the former St Mirren boss will provide "crucial experience". The 52-year-old, who has also managed Queen of the South and Queen`s Park, replaces Anton McElhone.

Following the resignation of David Hopkin in December, McElhone stepped up from his assistant`s role. Morton have won three of their 13 matches since Hopkin`s departure, drawing six. The club say McElhone will remain but Andy Millen has been recruited to assist MacPherson.

A long servant at Kilmarnock as a player, MacPherson left Queen`s Park in September 2018 to return to St Mirren as technical director, leaving the position in August last year. The statement announcing the news said the Cappielow board "felt that experience would be crucial in the remaining eight games as we battle to maintain our Championship status``.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New management team at Morton
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 11:04

I watched Morton v Ayr on Saturday and Morton had no midfield whatsoever, resorted to Route 1 football the whole match. Pity they couldnt have held off the appointment for another week, I am sure they have just got harder to beat.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 12:01

for the cup game and the rest of the season perhaps but not with two days training, i dont see much changing at all for Saturday for them.

McElhone will be at Ayr with Hopkin within the next week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Thu 11 Mar 12:06

wetherby like you I watched Morton on Saturday against Ayr and they had nothing in Midfield
Watched them on Tuesday night against ICT and they were not any better they were lucky to get the win ! And from what I saw of ICT in the last 15 mins a lot of the players looked Knackered pity it wasn`t them this Saturday
However I am sure we have a score to settle with Morton after the last game at EEP so let`s hope we turn up this Saturday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Fri 12 Mar 21:59

hope pars can finally beat bogey team morton just cant seem to beat them so best of luck tomorrow only team to win east end this season

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net