DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Automatic promotion?
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:22

Looking at the points we`re 15 points behind Hearts with one more loss but with two games in hand. If we were to win those and hearts have a couple draws it could make for an exciting finish!

Do use think Hearts have already won it or could there genuinely be a potential upset?

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Automatic promotion?
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:29

No chance. If we had beaten, Arbroath and QOS we might have been in with a shout......not now. Should be in the play off’s though.....with no fans....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:29

Hearts have already won it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:35

If we'd put a run together like QOTS (until today) we would have been right up there. Unfortunately it's game over for the title because of this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:37

Hearts only needing 4 more games ,less if we drop points

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:38

Hearts title, I hope they win all thier games except the one against us

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:40

Absolutely no chance. Hearts have lost a few but they don’t draw many games like we have.
One win = 3 draws

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:44

There is absolutely no chance we`ll get automatic promotion. We have been far too inconsistent this season and do not look like we`re capable of going on a four-five game winning run. With how bad hearts have been this season, if we`d played to our ability we could well have been challenging but we have lose/drawn too many silly games.

Playoffs were always the aim. If we finish 2nd then that is what we expected at the start of the season. Hopefully we can go up from there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:48

Absolutely no chance. We are in a dogfight with the majority of the league for the Play Off spots. Dundee and Raith away at the end of the month will define how our season is going to go in my opinion.
Like most I have been far from impressed with Hearts this season considering the squad/budget they have.

Awight Pat!

Post Edited (Sat 13 Mar 20:49)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:52

dont think many expected to finish 2nd this season? i didnt thats for sure.

its a case of when not if Hearts win the title, so no there wont be an upset.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 20:57

The last time we won back to back league matches was on the 24/31 OCTOBER. Just let that sink in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 23:06

Quote:

wetherby, Sat 13 Mar 20:57

The last time we won back to back league matches was on the 24/31 OCTOBER. Just let that sink in.

OKAY I WILL

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 23:24

Quote:

Love your optimism. Well and truly sunk in. Next
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 23:38

Quote:

RossF, Sat 13 Mar 20:44

There is absolutely no chance we`ll get automatic promotion. We have been far too inconsistent this season and do not look like we`re capable of going on a four-five game winning run. With how bad hearts have been this season, if we`d played to our ability we could well have been challenging but we have lose/drawn too many silly games.

Playoffs were always the aim. If we finish 2nd then that is what we expected at the start of the season. Hopefully we can go up from there.

Inconsistent performances I would agree but points wise we have done no bad compared to other seasons. Personally I feel we are on what we deserve based on the inconsistent performances. Maybe took a few more point than what we deserve.
It's hearts league to lose. Yet we are coming to the tail end of the season where the fight to avoid relegation sometimes throws dodgy results. Just hope we are no the casualty... Same goes for us...2nd place is ours to lose unless we string together at least 4 wins from last 9 games.

Post Edited (Sat 13 Mar 23:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 13 Mar 23:39

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 13 Mar 20:37

4 more games ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sun 14 Mar 00:24

Quote:

Parsfangaz, Sat 13 Mar 23:39

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 13 Mar 20:37

4 more games ?

Hearts only need to win four more games to clinch the league ,less if anyone drops points

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 14 Mar 00:42

Quote:

incognito, Sat 13 Mar 20:22

Looking at the points we`re 15 points behind Hearts with one more loss but with two games in hand. If we were to win those and hearts have a couple draws it could make for an exciting finish!

Do use think Hearts have already won it or could there genuinely be a potential upset?

Hearts odds with the bookies are 1/100 to win the league, we are 33/1. Says it all, a playoff spot for us would be a good season, if you are hoping for us winning the league, get real
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 08:47

Quote:

The last time we lost back to back games was over 10 months before that - 25 league games/31 competitive games ago.

Just for some pint half-full balance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 09:15

I sometimes wonder what pleasure some folk on here get from following the Pars. They seem obsessed with finding negative things to post even when things are going relatively well. It`s often been pointed out that this forum is much busier after a defeat than after a win. For example, very little has been said about our goal on Saturday which was a gem - a lovely dinked cross from Thomas and good anticipation, movement and execution by Wighton. All three goals Wighton has scored for us have shown his striker`s instincts. He looks like a great signing.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 12:16

Absolutely Wee Eck. Rarely see anything positive about our play or position. Was a great goal! Can certainly see us finishing in the play offs this season and then it gets exciting! A real shame we haven’t been able to attend the games but it looks like we will next season. Fingers crossed!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 12:49

I`m almost at the point of giving up trying to be positive about the Pars on here. I was busy on Saturday & didn`t catch the live stream. I logged on here on Saturday night & if I didn`t know better I`d have thought we`d lost. Negativity everywhere. The game was p*sh. Dire league. Two poor teams etc etc. Even had someone drawing comparisons with Six Nations Rugby saying how poor the game was compared to England v France. How can I argue with that?!

I`ve come to terms with the fact that a fair percentage of our fans are negative & cannot see much positive about anything never mind fitba.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 13:02

Tha chance was there for us unfortunately we shot ourselves in the foot . hoping for 2nd place , less games to play

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 13:51

If you want positive things about particular aspects of a particular game to be discussed, would it not be more sensible to give your own thoughts on these things in some depth amid the after-match discussion shortly after a game, rather than complaining two days later that there`s been little discussion of these things?

And as for not seeing the game yourself but then complaining about what other people, who have actually watched it, have had to say - that just seems utterly odd to me.

If you genuinely want discussion of some good things, I honestly think you`d be much more successful by encouraging debate, just by giving your views on the good bits without the levels of arseyness that often seems to go with it. Constant complaints that other people are far too negative doesn`t really do anything to give a more positive atmosphere - quite the opposite I`d say.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 15:40

What`s the point Socks? There are posters on here who make their minds up before a ball is kicked. Retaining a sense of perspective & positivity seems to get the likes of myself, Wee Eck etc instantly labelled as happy clappers.

Maybe I forgot to mention that before I posted earlier I watched the highlights & it looked from those admittedly very brief highlights that we played some not bad stuff at times. Certainly not as terrible as some make out at 4.50 every Saturday. The Morton manager said we are "a good team" yet I read one post not long after full-time labelling us "terrible". Like I said I didn`t see the game but it would appear .net is the last place you would visit looking for a balanced viewpoint of a recently finished game. Not watching a game for whatever reason shouldn`t forbid you from having an opinion on a result or a ban from having your say afterwards or trying to reason with some of the more hysterical posters after a game? I didn`t realise there were rules to be followed?

Not wanting to crawl up your @rse but I usually wait to see what the more sensible posters like you have to say about a game I haven`t watched, rather than the usual dribblers that go into a mad radge as soon as we lose a goal.

And yeah, fair point. Arseyness pretty much sums me up around this forum. It`s hard not to bite at some of the absolute drivel that gets thrown around here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 16:41

To be fair, it was a poor performance on Saturday. Plenty of mitigating factors though with the two weeks off and, no doubt, restricted training in those two weeks.

We ground out a result, after missing a penalty, which could well have had a negative effect after the QoS game. It was one of those matches where you take the 3 points, look at the overall picture in relation to the season as a whole and move on.

We`re not playing well just now but it`s much more likely that we`ll hit form if we keep on picking up points.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 17:29

Da no 1 - once again you’re talking rubbish - it was me who mentioned the rugby international - the comparison was merely to highlight the difference a bit of pace injected into a game can make - at no point did I try to compare the Pars to elite professional internationalists as you seem to suggest.

I also said it was a great 3 points and commented on how well the defence had played.

I also asked if you’d enjoyed the game but you didn’t respond - now I know why - not the first time you’ve been very quick to castigate people making comments on a game you hadn’t watched.

If it makes you feel better, after reflecting for a couple of days I’m now much less hacked off about the performance than I was straight after the game - maybe I should refrain from commenting until I’ve taken more time to reflect in future - I’d certainly rather a dour 1 nil win than playing great open attacking football and losing.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 17:39

I`ve just re-read your post again & I apologise. The rugby comment (which is still a bit irrelevant IMO) is in the middle of an otherwise pretty sensible post. So I stand corrected.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 18:09

Thanks, no problem 👍

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 19:54

Just out of curiosity, if we had a full fixture list would anyone have a difference of opinion and genuinely think we would’ve had it in us to take top spot?

I try to be optimistic but just can’t see anything other than Hearts still.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Mar 22:08

I think averaging two points per game would have been as optimistic as we could have hoped for. Even then, I would have expected Hearts to beat that.

We`re half a dozen points short of that, so we`re doing ok in my view.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net