DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline Press - 12 months of no crowd
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 12:20

Written by our very own, LarbertPar, the best Sports Reporter oot there.

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/19165896.fans-miss-second-home/

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline Press - 12 months of no crowd
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 17:48

Good read, i see you got yersel a mention Buffster! Aye first thing they need to do when reopen is record the crowd in matches.
It is something missing if we ever need to get locked out again at least we can maintain that experience.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 19:10

Pure coincidence, Polt 😂

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Leamington_sPAR  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 21:10

The pandemic has given me the chance to watched my beloved Pars on a weekly basis. At least there’s been a positive for me. It’s such a shame that under normal circumstances the U.K. ban on watching live football at 3pm on a Saturday remains. I’d be more than happy to purchase a season ticket if it gave me access to ParsTV. I feel the authorities need to seriously consider this as a credible option.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 19 Mar 23:24

I've taken in so many more games than I'd usually manage. Online isn't anything like as good as being there in person but it's allowed me to see much more of the pars and that can only be a good thing...unless they are playing crap! 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 00:06

Really miss the live experience! I worked out 12 months prior to lockdown I had watched 37 senior games and 29 boys games!
Even as a season ticket holder I find it hard to motivate myself to plan my day around watching a game, the weather forecast is good for tomorrow so chances are I will go out for the day! Can’t wait for live football to return!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parca_Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 00:15

Watching the games online in the current climate is obviously better than the alternative of not seeing the pars at all. However, I would be very much against allowing live streaming when all fans are allowed back in the grounds. As well as the reduction in crowds and the commercial impact, in my opinion this would take so much away from the match day experience for players and fans alike
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: msgribbin  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 00:46

As a Pars fan long in exile I`ve seen maybe 3 or 4 games a season for the past 25 years - always brilliant to get back to East End, see the game and feel the memories. But it`s just impossible to stay in touch properly. So the past few months have been amazing, being able to see the games live and follow the team`s fortunes better again. Have loved it all, even listening to the Fermer up at Arbroath ! And serious thanks to all at ParsTV - they do a great job, for the love of the Pars. Makes me feel like I`m back in Dunfy for a couple of hours ! It obviously isn`t as good as being in the ground, enjoying the patter, seeing the whole pitch etc but its a whole lot better than not seeing the games at all.

If live streams of the matches could continue after lockdown ends that would be magical for me - would gladly buy a full price season ticket to see games I`d never have a chance of getting to in person. I`ve no idea how many ParsTV viewers are watching from afar like me - or older fans who maybe have trouble getting to the games - but, if there are a decent number, that would hopefully bring extra funds into the club.

But I understand the concerns about negative impact on crowds and potential lost income. It`s hard to say because I can only speak for myself but if I could be at the game there`s no way I`d watch it on the computer for choice. But there are ways of possibly balancing the risk off. Making games available `as live` a couple of hours after the final whistle might help, or only making it open only to `virtual` season ticket holders. Feels like there might be a way of continuing the benefits without harming the club - certainly hope so

Anyway if it can`t be done then it can`t. Will still always treasure these past months watching the Pars week in, week out again

Mark G
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 03:13

Quote:

Parca_Par, Sat 20 Mar 00:15

Watching the games online in the current climate is obviously better than the alternative of not seeing the pars at all. However, I would be very much against allowing live streaming when all fans are allowed back in the grounds. As well as the reduction in crowds and the commercial impact, in my opinion this would take so much away from the match day experience for players and fans alike

I'd be interested to see a few pilots run to see what the real impact is as I'd be amazed if live streaming had a significant impact on match day attendance. I think most people think streaming is better than nothing but would people who want to watch the game and would normally go really choose to sit in and watch it rather than go to East End?

I think those that would choose to watch it online are those that either can't get to a game or days where someone can't go for a specific reason and it could well open up more revenue streams if people who aren't likely to be at East End can still buy a ticket. Its also a new advertising revenue stream.

It would be interesting to see what the true impact is of allowing streaming.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dickandbert  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 06:19

I`ve been working from home in Australia, for 12 months.
Pars TV is usually screening in the middle of the night here, and anyone who knows me will confirm I need my beauty sleep.

It is one of the few things I miss, going to EEP and to away games. In Legends, before and after, and often out for a meal. The last game I went to, was on the back of a work trip to Venice. I managed to tie it in with the Scotland match with San Marino and then a long weekend trip to Dunfermline.

Oh to have International travel back and the chance to wangle a trip back to Dunfermline.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 07:47

I don't think keeping the live streaming will have as much of an impact as people think. There is a space for it and I think the lockdown has had a positive effect in general. On one hand it has opened the live stream to people that maybe never considered it previously and it has also made fans that could be there really miss being there.
I am confident if there was a match and stream season ticket I think folks would snap that up. My shifts don't allow me many Saturdays off so I would be streaming and it has opened my eyes to what high quality it is.

I know Brian and his team do their absolute best to deliver what has now become an essential service for us pars fans. I would love to hear of plans to develop it further if possible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 08:18

Reading all these positive posts make me feel the exception to the rule. I’m a season ticket holder so have access to ParsTV “free” - I started off full of enthusiasm, watching all the games on my laptop but, after a couple of months I was so depressed seeing an empty ground I started leaving the laptop on and doing something else in the house and have the occasional look at it! Nowadays I rarely watch, I tend to listen to open all mics and I also have the BBC & Sky app on my phone which alerts me to goals and that’s fine. I absolutely can’t wait til I can get back to EEP, this pandemic has underlined to me just what a huge part of my Saturday involves watching the Pars and boy, do I miss it.

In future, a season ticket for Pars fans who can’t get to a game which entitles them to see a rerun of the whole match at say 6pm could be a way of getting around not being able to tune in at 3pm. I also think there needs to be monetary investment in the ParsTV side of things, Raith Rovers TV rightly get plaudits from fans of all clubs - their media team were given money to invest in their camera/audio equipment last year which has reaped the benefits for them. ParsTV isn’t always an “easy to watch” experience for some.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 20 Mar 09:31

Good read and good posts ... and well done Buffy

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net