DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Morton game....
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 22:22

Not to bothered about this game so set the team up like we played our first game of the season? Press teams and we were great to watch?
Get the big Viking that we signed at the back and play a 3-5-2... this game should be about getting the team right as it’s make or break with the playoffs??

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Morton game....
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 22:32

Absolutely no interest in this.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: msgribbin  
Date:   Sun 21 Mar 23:16

Agreed, personally I think 3-5-2 is well worth a shot - most teams set up conservatively against us and a formation that gets us higher up the pitch might be well worth a try. It does depend on the wing backs keeping high or else it becomes 5-3-2 and even more cautious than now but I think Comrie and Edwards might have what it takes. And it should give us more presence in midfield closer to the strikers. There are always risks in changing formation, still in theory 3-5-2 could fit the players we have better than the current set up

Nobody wins football matches in theory of course, but then we aren`t winning all that many in reality at the moment. Would certainly be interested in the team trying something different

Mark G
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 00:56

Quote:

EEP, Sun 21 Mar 22:22

Not to bothered about this game so set the team up like we played our first game of the season? Press teams and we were great to watch?
Get the big Viking that we signed at the back and play a 3-5-2... this game should be about getting the team right as it’s make or break with the playoffs??

Viking???? From Lithuania?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 07:40

This game is hardly unimportant.

It could give a significant boost to the club`s coffers especially given next Up would be East Fife.

Second it gives Stevie another chance to get the line up and shape correct as both were woeful on Saturday.

Here`s a clue: not one striker up front for a knockout game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 07:48

COWS says Vytas is away with Lithuania.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 07:51

Quote:

Sliema Par, Mon 22 Mar 07:40

This game is hardly unimportant.

It could give a significant boost to the club`s coffers especially given next Up would be East Fife.

Second it gives Stevie another chance to get the line up and shape correct as both were woeful on Saturday.

Here`s a clue: not one striker up front for a knockout game.

That’s only the case IF Stevie uses the game for that. I am also pretty sure finishing 2nd place will give us a better boost to the coffers.
I am not bothered about winning this game, all I want is to see that Crawford can implement change in tactics and style, what I also want to see is commitment for the whole 90 mins. People say earlier in the season our play was a lot better. If I remember rightly the team played decent football for 45 mins normally after we went behind.
Is he over complicating things? Or become overly complacent... Mibbe... we will see
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: livipar2  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 08:40

I’d be using this game to give McCann and O’Hara a chance to stake a claim. At the moment it’s hard to see them even getting in the pitch for a few minutes.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 09:47

livipar2 wrote:

> I’d be using this game to give McCann and O’Hara a chance
> to stake a claim. At the moment it’s hard to see them even
> getting in the pitch for a few minutes.
>
>
Those are 2 players who need a run in the team and Stevie doesn`t trust them for that. He certainly won`t stick them in in a league game as there`s too much at stake. So a one off cup game is still a no no for me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 10:22

We most certainly need to get the midfield sorted or we will never score goals. I would also play O`Hara .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 10:25

Yes I think it would be worth trying O'Hara and Whighton together.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 10:53

Winnable cup game.
Unimportant?
Tosh

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:30

I am interested in every game we play
Only problem is very often we do not turn up and then I have to moan about it !!
However I feel that this game if SC actually has tactics and goes for it , the game is winnable !!
certainly need to have more mobile players in the midfield to assist the attack though ,

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 13:18

Maybe the Lithuanian Viking would serve us better as a target man up front. If he has the legs, a bit of muscle, an ability to hold the ball up and win it in the air our less physical front men could feed off him.

But maybe I`m fantasising after all it`s Vytus Gaspuitis we`ve signed not Zlatan Ibrahimovic. (at least I think that`s how the spelling goes)

Post Edited (Mon 22 Mar 13:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 16:01

Looking forward to the game, and I think winners will get East Fife in next round. A good cup run would help our finances too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 17:42

"Winnable cup game.
Unimportant?
Tosh"

100%

If a club doesn`t want to participate - they shouldn`t enter.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 19:02

Cup games are of course important. We need every penny.The further you progress, more cash.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 19:39

Important for all sort of reasons not least the reaction to either a win or defeat. Could make all the difference going into two huge games in three days for us.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 19:45

I'm really glad we have turned into a money making machine ,where we can pick and choose which competitions we want to try and win, and can afford to let the fringe ayers get a game

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 20:04

So if we get hammered all the folk who don't care about game won't be moaning about being hammered somehow I doubt it.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 21:48

Quote:

livipar2, Mon 22 Mar 08:40

I’d be using this game to give McCann and O’Hara a chance to stake a claim. At the moment it’s hard to see them even getting in the pitch for a few minutes.

How many chances does McCann need? Done absolutely nothing of great significance in any of his appearances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 22:55

Neither Mcann or Ohara is the answer we are looking for im afraid , Mcann looks clueless in most of his appearances, and where a 3yr contract for Ohara came from amazes me .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 01:42

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Mon 22 Mar 20:04

So if we get hammered all the folk who don't care about game won't be moaning about being hammered somehow I doubt it.

That depends on If Stevie tries something different. I won't slate him if we lose as long as we tried some different tactics. We are mundane....we cannot afford to give up points the way we are. Finishing 2nd in league would give us more money than the cup game would even if we got to next round. The difference is a fair bit if i remember correctly.

Ladbrokes Championship
1st - 2.25% - £562,500
2nd - 1.90% - £475,000
3rd - 1.60% - £400,000
4th - 1.30% - £325,000
5th - 1.00% - £250,000
6th - 0.90% - £225,000
7th - 0.85% - £212,500
8th - 0.80% - £200,000
9th - 0.75% - £187,500
10th - 0.70% - £175,000
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 02:06

SCOTTISH CUP PRIZEMONEY BREAKDOWN:
Clubs playing in the 1st Preliminary Round (10 clubs) - £2,000

Clubs playing in the 2nd Preliminary Round (12 clubs) - £2,000

Clubs playing in Round One (36 clubs) - £2,000

Clubs playing in Round Two (32 clubs) - £4,000

Clubs playing in Round Three (32 clubs) - £6,000

Clubs playing in Round Four (32 clubs) - £9,000

Clubs playing in Round Five (16 clubs) - £12,000

Clubs Playing in Round Six (8 clubs) - £15,000

Semi-Finalist Clubs (4 clubs) - £18,000

Loser of the Final Tie will receive - £30,000

Winner of the Final Tie will receive - £60,000

TOTAL PRIZEMONEY: £1,198,000
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 08:26

Polt, I just wonder how up to date those figures are, given Scottish Football disastrously lost the Ladbrokes sponsorship?

The only Competition with any significant sponsorship today is the Betfred League Cup.

The figures for the Scottish FA Cup you,kindly, point out are the proof that the Game lives off scraps.

What are the Chief Executives of the SFA and SPFL doing for their mouth watering salaries?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 13:22

It’s a pitiful amount whatever way you look at it. Draw a team from up north away and you make a financial loss for progressing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 13:30

After reading Crawfords post/pre match interview I’m totally buzzing and enthusiastic about tonight’s game.... wait no that’s just my tablets kicking in... now they’ve kicked in and I can think straight - I have little confidence in us winning tonight’s game!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 15:42

I think it is symptomatic of the modern game where clubs have become businesses. The prize money so to speak doesn't really provide any kind of motivation to take part. It probably costs clubs money. The sport needs a rethink.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 16:47

a dreadful pitch with the wind blowing in a "no win" game whatever way you look at it.
win, its only Morton, the league matters most etc etc, its another game in an already heavy schedule for a tiny financial reward.
lose and the club should just close.

looking forward to it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 16:56

Quote:

Indiapar, Tue 23 Mar 15:42

I think it is symptomatic of the modern game where clubs have become businesses. The prize money so to speak doesn't really provide any kind of motivation to take part. It probably costs clubs money. The sport needs a rethink.

It's only scottish football that needs a complete rethink and overhaul to make it more attractive to sponsors.
Even the league trophy for lower league teams in English football get significantly more than what we as a national competition can get. Say's it all really. I always say our biggest error was not going with sky deal and going with setanta. If we had stayed with sky package would have been a decent size now.

Winner
£100,000
33%
Runner-ups
£50,000
33%
Semi Finals
£50,000
N/A
Quarter Finals
£50,000
N/A
Round of 16
£40,000
8 Teams
N/A
Round of 32
£20,000
32 Teams
N/A
Group Stage Winning Match
£10,000
each team
N/A
Group Stage Match Tie
£5,000
each team
N/A
Participation Fees
£20,000
Each club
N/A
Total Prize Money
£3 million
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 17:29

Going to be a lot of disappointed Pars fans when we win tonite.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 17:37

Quote:

livipar2, Tue 23 Mar 17:29

Going to be a lot of disappointed Pars fans when we win tonite.

Not at all, I will be delighted if we win. I and others just doubt that the tactics used lately are p1$h and need changed. It feels like we are set up to play the old firm in every game. We are letting other teams pressure us being set up so defensively.
I want the win but i want a change in Stevie thinking and confidence to take game to them.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 18:10

And I agree with most of what you say there Polt. Quite a few folk though seem to want us to lose so they can have more of a snipe at SC.

Mon the Pars!!!!!!!!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 18:17

I would never want us to lose.... ever! And I believe every fan wouldn’t. The fact that we are playing boring football and losing or scraping draws is why we are on about SC. If he won every game, or even played a game and went down fighting and attacking (like we used to do under Calderwood) nobody would be having a go at him.

However, we have what we have, and it’s turgid boring stuff, stuff that you can’t get excited about. The kind of football where you reluctantly put your hand in your pocket, knowing that it won’t take much more to keep your hard earned cash in your wallet.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 18:26

Pretty accurate post Polt
Totally agree regarding tactics , SC normally has us set up not to lose
We need to be a bit more creative in the midfield (and probably have more mobile players there) and take the game to other teams so why not try it out tonight ? Get a win and it will be great for the confidence
sit back and we are only inviting trouble , And no matter what the game is I always want the win !!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net