DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 What`s it all about, Alfie?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 07:52

Why is this nutjob still playing football in Scotland? This sort of thing is hardly an isolated incident.

https://twitter.com/TNTSportsAR/status/1373640792363859968?s=09

Not your average Sunday League player.

Post Edited (Mon 22 Mar 07:53)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: What's it all about, Alfie?
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 08:20

Us the nutjob comment a reference to the kick or his mental health?

I agree that his actions are a disgrace. Rangers should get rid. Liverpool should have punted Suarez a lot earlier than they did as well.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 08:32

Perhaps a reference to the tackle?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:07

I don't know too much about GG Jbob but I can 100% guarantee he was not having a go about his mental health

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
 Re: What`s it all about, Alfie?
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:40

A picture doesn’t tell the whole story. Watch the clip of the action.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:55

Quote:

dafc, Mon 22 Mar 12:40

A picture doesn’t tell the whole story. Watch the clip of the action.

Can you post a link to the clip, DAFC?

Jbob, I would never refer to someone with mental health issues as a nutjob. Morelos is just a wee thug, who acts with impunity on an almost weekly basis.

Roy Barry was hounded out of Scottish football for far less and before him, Willie Woodburn was banned sine die, with far fewer dismissals than wee Alfie has collected during his career.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 12:59

Apologies GG.

I agree that he is a disgrace

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 13:34

Sorry can’t get link up. Morelos certainly has history of sleekly kicks, there is no doubt of that, this just ain’t one in my opinion.
I am more concerned of the racist abuse he like a lot of black players seem to be getting now. Only yesterday Dunfermline man was arrested for his video he posted abusing Morelos, let’s hope a lengthy jail sentence is handed out, least his employers have acted quickly too. Plus already named and shamed too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 13:52

GG mentioned Willie Woodburn, who might not be known to younger readers. I remember his being banned sine die and I would have seen him play when i was a wee boy. This article gives a good account of his story.
https://www.nutmegmagazine.co.uk/issue-7/willie-woodburn-hero-or-villain/

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 16:32

A jail sentence?? Get a fecking grip ffs. The guys life is already ruined . Obviously not the smartest of chaps and totally indefensible but a jail sentence . Gees peace .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 16:58

Quote:

dafc, Mon 22 Mar 13:34

Sorry can’t get link up. Morelos certainly has history of sleekly kicks, there is no doubt of that, this just ain’t one in my opinion.
I am more concerned of the racist abuse he like a lot of black players seem to be getting now. Only yesterday Dunfermline man was arrested for his video he posted abusing Morelos, let’s hope a lengthy jail sentence is handed out, least his employers have acted quickly too. Plus already named and shamed too.

Racial abuse is indefensible, as is sectarian abuse, but unfortunately, the will to tackle both has been almost non existent and there's no indication it will improve any time soon. Those who practise racial and sectarian hatred are emboldened by the lack of action by the authorities, so it's likely to get worse rather than better.

It's a shame that many people are unaware that there's really no such thing as race. Genetically, a white European can have more in common with a black African or Chinese person than with someone in their own family. Race is just a term invented by humans to discriminate between people of different skin tones, according to a scientist in a BBC programme titled "Why is Covid Killing People of Colour?" It's very interesting and on iPlayer for anyone who's interested.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 17:08

Woodburn was banned for common criminal assault.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 20:47

The guy above asking for a guy to get a "length jail sentence" for some daftie posting a video online somewhere, deary me. Let's keep prison for real criminals not folk that should nae be allowed a mobile phone
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 21:12

Racist abuse is a real crime. I am pretty sure those being abused in this manner see it as such. Listening to Marvin Bartley on numerous occasions it is clear more needs to be done by the authorities. To many slaps on the wrist which are seen as badge of honour and not a deterrent. A few more of these idiots having a few weeks or months in jail and would maybe just make others think first. The video posted is disgusting.
I’m sure shay Logan who this happened too earlier in the season, but it was an kid and shay dealt with it superbly with the kids parents and charges dropped. But until we have a walked in their shoes we have no idea how it makes the Victim of the abuse feels.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 22:45

Is Racial abuse worse than religious or sexual? Is there a ranking system?

Find it strange that in society there seems to be a ranking system.
To the point that even probably our most respected poster would consider religious abuse part of a business model!

How does mockery of the disabled work? Physical disability no, mental yes?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 22:53

I just find it pretty bizarre that using words or sharing a video can quite often receive a harsher sentence at court than actual acts of physical violence. I guess I was brought up in the sticks n stones generation.
If the guy has lost his job that's probably harsh enough punishment for being a bit of a simpleton
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 22 Mar 23:28

Not sure what was said by the local lad but worth understanding he's 17 so hopefully he can take a telling and not do it again.

I can't believe young people are still stupid enough to post such drivel on social media knowing it can be shared, screenshot and be brought up many years later. You're not supposed to, but all managers I know do a bit of cyber-stalking prior to interviewing people. It's daft to be on there making racist or bigoted posts.

Edited as I've seen what I assume is the post. If it's not then it appears there's another idiot on the loose. Assuming it is the right video the guy in it repeats the slur multiple times so there's little defence. I think there's an element of bravado and immaturity there, but you should know better by 17. I can't imagine filming and posting a video of myself being abusive about any player let alone racial abuse. What was going through his head? How does he then react if a black friend sees that?

Post Edited (Mon 22 Mar 23:37)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 14:38

There is no ranking system on the Hate Bill, have a look it covers quite a range of issues within our current society.
Even sky sports have picked up on this on its ticker today, confirming the arrest and suspension from job at John Clark’s motorgroup.
At least at 17 he has years on his side to be educated and learn from this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 19:43

He’s already received threats . You can go over and check out the hate being stirred up by bigot Mark Dingwall on FollowFollow. Sevco fans contacting his employer , trying to locate him and pages and pages of abuse. Two wrongs do not make a right.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 19:59

Definitely a witch hunt now.

100% right to call this stuff out but probably best to raise to the police rather than share with everyone on social media.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net