DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Changes need to happen
Topic Originator: ParsMad98  
Date:   Tue 23 Mar 22:40

I’ve backed Crawford for a while, but enough is enough.. we’re quick to blame the strikers for lack of goals but i can only imagine how hard it is for them up there feeding off 2 American style fridges in the middle of the park.. for the record I think Wilson is a brilliant player but he’s being asked to create which isn’t his style.

Let’s be honest with ourselves, without Nisbet last season there’s a chance we wouldn’t even be in the league.. problem is we don’t have a Nisbet type player in this squad at the moment. Nobody to grab the game by the neck and drag us through it, simply going through the motions.

RM DAFC
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Changes need to happen
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 01:13

I feel as though we need a new manger. Crawford has no motivational skills. He’s bland and boring just like the football on show. So much quality in that squad not getting utilised. No settled team or formation. Getting rid of one of our best players. Players being played out of position. Where do I stop. Hopefully someone has told the German investors about .net. Hopefully they see what the majority of fans want. Crawford out and some exciting attacking football. Football is meant to be entertaining.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 01:19

Crawford said in his post match interview he was happy with what he saw!! That says a lot! How can you be happy with that? We barely competed!! It was rank rotten. If he’s happy watching that then I’m not paying another £12 while he’s still here never mind £20 when fans are allowed back.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 02:06

Quote:

tappies par, Wed 24 Mar 01:13

I feel as though we need a new manger. Crawford has no motivational skills. He’s bland and boring just like the football on show. So much quality in that squad not getting utilised. No settled team or formation. Getting rid of one of our best players. Players being played out of position. Where do I stop. Hopefully someone has told the German investors about .net. Hopefully they see what the majority of fans want. Crawford out and some exciting attacking football. Football is meant to be entertaining.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with your conclusion but the vast majority of fans don't come anywhere near dotnet let alone post on it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 02:34

Crawford is about as inspiring as a slice of ham. We are stagnating.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 06:47

Quote:

ParfectXI, Wed 24 Mar 01:19

Crawford said in his post match interview he was happy with what he saw!! That says a lot! How can you be happy with that? We barely competed!! It was rank rotten. If he’s happy watching that then I’m not paying another £12 while he’s still here never mind £20 when fans are allowed back.

He didn’t say he was happy with that, he was very careful with his words and didn’t question the desire of the players, not the performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 07:50

No motivation skills and tactically inept both him and his assistant, never was happy with his appointment and Dair was just an old pals act appointment , it has backfired drastically . Times up regardless of our league position.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 08:15

I would be worried if anyone on the board went anywhere near the forum.

Social media is not real life.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 08:30

spot on Berry.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 08:36

They do, neils.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 08:46

Why wouldn`t the board listen to the consumer? i`d be very worried if they were acting on every comment but i`d be equally worried if they were ignoring the fans opinions altogether. With no fans inside the ground how else are they going to get a consensus?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 09:55

The board are very aware of the recent performances on the park and will be worried like the rest of us.

We have been in the play-off positions all season and still are. If we are not involved come the end of the season, then I`m sure the board will take appropriate action?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 09:59

Without sounding overdramatic, I don`t see a successful outcome here, and that saddens me to say that. Kevin Nisbet was a diamond in the rough last season and apart from the good start we`ve been fairly unimpressive this sesason. I know that the performances lies with the 11 on the pitch but they don`t seem to be getting any better. I think we`ve got a really good squad but I`m not sure we`ll make top 4 going by the current performances which would be unacceptable but if we did manage to make top 4 I don`t know if we`d be any better of next season. Stevie was the easy choice at the time but I`d be lying if I said I wasn`t a bit underwhelmed and also a bit concerned with his lack of management experience. I know he was assistant to Neilson at a number of clubs but I`d imagine there`s a big different to being the manager and being the assistant.

Post Edited (Wed 24 Mar 10:00)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 10:30

I have been watching home games on ParsTV because I have a season ticket - lately out of duty rather than for entertainment/enjoyment. People who haven't already paid for a season ticket will think twice about paying to watch such uninspired, boring stuff.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 10:46

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 24 Mar 09:55

The board are very aware of the recent performances on the park and will be worried like the rest of us.

We have been in the play-off positions all season and still are. If we are not involved come the end of the season, then I`m sure the board will take appropriate action?

Suppose we make the play offs though, do we spend another year limping along ir try something different?
It's a shame because Stevie can get a team playing at the start of a season but doesn't seem to be able to maintain it.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 13:50

If he is set a target of making the play-offs and he achieves it, then it may contractually trigger a one year extension?

I would imagine that the following season, his target would be promotion, especially if he is backed to the same extent he has been this year, in the transfer market?

If he fails to meet that target, then of course, his fate would be sealed.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 14:11

Raymie, I totally agree with what you`re proposing, though it pains me to say so. I was one of those on the fence when SC was appointed and I`ve said consistently that he has to be given his chance when others were calling for him to go and "demanding a statement from the Board". As a Par-exile I`ve sadly not been able to attend matches for many years whereas in the 70s and 80s I was an ever-present; home and away. I therefore saw this season as a god-given opportunity to see my team every week via PPV and I haven`t missed a game.
But, oh dear, it`s really been a bit of a poisoned chalice. Early promise has been evaporated by a lengthening series of truly awful performances and after last night I`m firmly of the opinion that SC has lost the dressing room: when players start arguing with each other on the pitch you know things are badly wrong.
In our somewhat precarious financial position (which some seem happy to overlook) I accept that we cannot just get rid of managers: the Alan Johnstone dismissal seemed to dent our bank account quite significantly.
As you have rightly (and repeatedly) said, we are have been 2nd or 3rd in the league for quite some time, and I accept that, but I`m also starting to reconcile myself to the fact that we`re only there despite our performances and not because of them. That is, the rest of the teams in the league aren`t much better.
Another season of SC in charge is hardly worth thinking about, even if it`s the likely scenario. The Board certainly have some very difficult decisions to make over the next few weeks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 15:15

I seriously hope there`s no extension trigger for any scenario.

Im jumping the gun here but If the board keep giving him extensions after witnessing the performances then they need to look at themselves.

Still think he`ll stay this season as we are still in a playoff position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 15:43

It`s a tough one as if top 4 is sealed then I`d imagine objectives have been met and no change of management required. But unless we make some transformation in the next couple of games then we`ll stumble to a playoff place and it will be at fault of the others around us. The concern is then that we have more of the same next season. If we had out head screwed on and capitalised on errors from teams around us I can only dream of where we could have been, 2nd place minimum guaranteed, still running the Jambos close knowing we have to play them at East End?

Post Edited (Wed 24 Mar 16:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 15:59

Good Post, Yorkie.

Much like Newcastle, the momentum is not with us and the end of the season can`t come quick enough.

It is a real worry, but what we do know is that the board will support the management until our final position is known.

I`m sure Ross will be going over all of the permutations in his head and I`d also imagine that our form is topic number one on any manager-chairman zoom calls?

Stevie is a clever lad and knows the game and it wouldn`t surprise me if, at the end of the season, he let go of the reins, if he felt that he`d taken the team as far as he could?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Mar 16:04

I think our German investors have probably had enough time now to judge the lie of the land and perhaps come out of the background with some plans for the future. I don't believe they will want to bumble along as we are currently doing. People are talking about playoff places being a possibility, which it still is, although a big improvement will be required to achieve that. Don't think many people actually think we will get promoted through a playoff though. Surely the investors want to improve us to get back in the top league and would be interesting to hear their proposals to achieve that?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net