DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who comes in...
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:16

So for all those wanting Crawford to go who comes in? I have seen some names going about...

Darren Young... not good enough, similar with Petrie. If we are replacing Crawford we need to get it right!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who comes in...
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:17

Owen Coyle

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:21

LUCIEN FAVRE

We can get him😅😅 he’s a great coach and mentor!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:22

you never want anyone to lose their job but I think SC is managing fine himself
as for who comes in
Who is out there that will take us to the next level ?
And who can we afford ?
there will be plenty out there who are not good enough for us and certainly not any better than SC , we need to find an experienced manager who is willing to come to DAFC to prove a point
And get big Jim in the dressing room to give a speech before the game to get the boys motivated

Post Edited (Sat 27 Mar 22:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  

probably Kurt,Jurgen,Axel,Otto or maybe Wolfgang

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  

Young and Petrie not good enough? Based on what exactly?

I personally think we’ll bring in a German coach and adopt a more German model as a club in that we’ll build a structure that means we’ll not be goosed any time a coach is sacked/moves on.

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  

We could try something completely out there and advertise it ,see who shows an interest, interview them and choose the best!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:29

Don't think there's time for anyone to do much this season , but could we try and lure McCall away from Partick for next season.
He's done pretty well with teams working with smaller budget's than ours .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:35

We all know that a German or from the Baltic states guy will come in to replace Crawford.
And before anyone states EU etc you can travel throughout countries if you have a job.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:38

We should relieve him of his duties then advertise the post properly. Our club is an attractive proposition just now with the new investors. Do it properly and you might just unearth a gem.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kaiser  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:39

Too be brutally honest.
Disco Deek can do no worse.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:43

"And before anyone states EU etc you can travel throughout countries if you have a job"

still have to get a permit from the home office through the SFA which could take weeks.

if folk are throwing names out there and IF a change is made, i expect Daniel Stendel to be in the running assuming the investors have more of a say in that decision than just as board members.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Mar 23:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 23:00

Charlie Adam? Or does he just talk a good game?

Stevie Robinson.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 23:04

I can’t help thinking that the way we’ve played under both AJ and SC is spookily similar .... yet looking at QOS just now, I can’t for the life of me imagine us playing that way.

After the first 1/3 of this season, I wouldn’t have rated QOS chances of a play-off spot. Now, I doubt we’ll be in the mix.

Look back over the last 4 or 5 seasons; and look at teams that have been promoted to the Premiership - St. Mirren, Livingston, Hibs, Dundee Utd. None of them particularly outclassed us when they were in the Championship. Hell Livi were relegated to League 1 when we were promoted to the Championship. When we started the season and spent most of the season in the top half of the Championship, St. Mirren spent more than half of it rooted to bottom place. Over the next couple of seasons, we’ve pretty much done the same thing; usually finding a good spell of games amongst rank mediocrity. Both with SC and AJ.

Given that, pretty much, the entire team has been replaced (including the manager), isn’t it odd that things look so much the same?

Post Edited (Sat 27 Mar 23:08)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 00:03

Quote:

parsloyal98, Sat 27 Mar 22:22

Young and Petrie not good enough? Based on what exactly?

I personally think we’ll bring in a German coach and adopt a more German model as a club in that we’ll build a structure that means we’ll not be goosed any time a coach is sacked/moves on.

How about 2 failed promotion bids for east fife under young? won’t count last season or this season but in both the previous 2 east fife have bottled it under Darren Young’s stewardship so aye he’s no good enough

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 00:12

Yet the same Stevie Crawford that got punted from east fife as manager is good enough for us ??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 00:42

So your basing your opinion of Darren Young on 3 and 4 seasons ago? What about Petrie then? Why doesn’t he make your grade?

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 06:00

Peter Grant

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 07:59

Craig Levein
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 08:10

John Robertson? Unlikely but if there is a valid scenario whereby McCann keeps the job at ICT then worth looking at.

Agree though, proper application process is essential when the vacancy next comes up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 08:13

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sun 28 Mar 07:59

Craig Levein

No thanks, keep him well away from our club
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 08:33

Quote:

neilholland999, Sun 28 Mar 08:13

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sun 28 Mar 07:59

Craig Levein

No thanks, keep him well away from our club

No No No - Please don't put this name in our hat...

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 09:41

What’s needed is a bit of lateral thinking. How about Gregor Townsend? Seems able to instil a bit of fight in his teams ........ 🤔

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 09:47

I too was wondering about John Robertson.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 10:05

I'd absolutely take Levein or Petrie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:10

We could be in quite a good position to take our time and find the right man.

We could be looking and taking applications right now if we were to let Crawford go. Would be no need to rush.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:33

Don't see any point in getting rid of Crawford right now and making a rash decision, unless we had someone experienced enough to come in and take the reigns. We're still in the playoffs with a game in hand on raith and Dundee and also 2 in hand on the other contenders.

I think he's lost confidence in his own ability though, he made some great tactical changes at the start of the season that won us points. Last night when we were getting overrun at the end of the first half he didn't make any changes at the half to mitigate that. Also keeping Watson on ashcroft when he seemingly lost every header to him was utter madness.

Both of our goals last night were caused by high pressing as a unit forcing Dundee into mistakes on the ball, after that we stood off them and allowed them to dictate the play. Whether this was natural and the team finally felt they had to defend a lead or if the manager told them to sit deeper it had to change because Dundee were getting the freedom to get the ball in the box with little pressure and we gave them set piece after set piece. Worrying as well that we can no longer have the same danger from our own set pieces.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:34

Paul Smith, assistant at Starks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 11:40

we are in no position to take our time, 7 games left to finish in the top 4, the way the league is you cant even say we are safe from the relegation playoff spot yet, do you want to give Shields, Dair and/or Whittaker the job for the rest of the season basically?

IF a change is made someone would have to come in instantly and then you re-assess at the end of the season. add in being in the middle of a takeover, who makes the decisions etc etc, im not sure there is a worse time to be doing this IF it happened.

"If we are replacing Crawford we need to get it right!"

every club thinks that but how many actually get it right? what in this case is getting it right? how many go the other way and get worse?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:14

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 28 Mar 11:34

Paul Smith, assistant at Starks.

Good shout.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:19

When this day comes Steve Robinson,Gavin Holt,John Hughes,John McGlynn,John Robertson,Paul Smith might throw their hats in the ring.

What we must not have is a repeat of the no advert, then no interview, then Manager accounced procedure, as happened in January 2019.

Poor Stevie looked utterly crestfallen last night.He did not deserve this.

As a player he was a legend and as a person he is very likeable.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:42

Stephen Kenny.

He didn't get a fair go the first time. What is going to motivate these players more than someone who could easily be Daniel O'Donnell's cousin?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:43

On a more serious note - all we ever see is the same names on the managerial roundabout.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:51

In my humble opinion this is .net at its worst - speculating about who`s going to replace someone who`s still in his job. It`s absolutely pointless and very disrespectful.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 13:58

Last time was a thunderf*ck of a decision but most just went with it because we were happy to see the back of AJ. Stevie wasn’t the right man for the job, he was the cheap option and an easy decision to make for the board.

We absolutely must have applicants for the role. With all due respect to Greg Shield I’d be so disappointed if we do relieve Stevie of his duties and just move it internally to Shields.

Guys like Stevie Robinson are out of or league. He left Motherwell because he felt he couldn’t take them any further, he resigned and wasn’t sacked so his stock isn’t down. I’d imagine he’ll be interested in a potential vacancy that could soon appear down Gorgie.

John Robertson is someone i’d love to manage Dunfermline and I think he’d want to manage us, just not now. Neil McCann is under the impression that Robbo will 100% be taking back over when ready, however I’d say Robertson will manage Dunfermline at some point in his career.

This decision needs time and can’t just be knee jerk.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 14:11

I’d imagine there will be a load of managers throwing their names in when the job becomes available. It’s an attractive job for next season with hearts gone, potentially killie/Ross county/Hamilton and Dundee as our main challenger which isnt the worst scenario. It cannot be another jobs for the boys situation.. far “smaller” teams have passed us on the way up with lesser resources & fan base.. simply by having a good manager & a well built squad. If we lose on Tuesday I think the play offs are gone, & crawford should be too. We’ve been abysmal for months, with the odd win every 3 or 4 weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 14:22

If Crawford does go at end of season, I wouldn’t mind a foreign coach coming in, let’s try something different. After all any other coach from Scotland probably isn’t going to get us what we need. So why not try something completely different.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 14:38

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 28 Mar 13:51

In my humble opinion this is .net at its worst - speculating about who`s going to replace someone who`s still in his job. It`s absolutely pointless and very disrespectful.

This.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 15:02

In the RC Church who the next Pope will be is often discussed.

In Politics one often discusses who might be the next Prime Minister.

It does NOT mean Pope Francis or Boris will quit next week.

It is about the direction of travel you would like your club,your Church ,your Political party to take.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 15:21

Popes and Prime Ministers don`t usually have to be sacked to create a vacancy. There`s a process to be followed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 16:42

Crawford will be judged after 27 games and/or when the season ends. Onwards to Tuesday

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 16:46

Yes,its just not fair treating Crawford so disrespectfully. Would anyone on the forum,like being treated like that,remember,the guy has a family,they have feelings to.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 17:23

We are still in it. Its not like we are in danger of being relegated. Good luck to SC and the team on the final run in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 17:36

Berry,in his thought provoking post,made the point there were many positive aspects emanating from the game.

The match was a great advert for the Championship.Neutrals thoroughly enjoyed it.

The goalkeeping of OFW was superb.

Ewan and Scott added real excitement.

Our strike force was on form.

After Tuesday we have four Home games just two away.

We have games in hand.

Tuesday is our Cup Final.

Raith know it,we know it.Stevie knows it.

Post Edited (Sun 28 Mar 17:40)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 17:41

Sliema have you ever thought of voicing trailers for the Odeon?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 18:47

Coming,this Tuesday, to a Cinema near you.

"The Great Escape"!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 19:17

For me Internet forums are literally built for speculation, discussion and a bit of banter. For those wishing for a change in management, this is one of the places to discuss the matter.

Also, Crawford isn`t in here reading this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 21:39

Out of curiosity thoughts name dropping and it'll never happen as he already has a contract. Darren Ferguson of Peterborough? Alex's laddie.....ye ken who ah mean
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 21:57

Nobody comes in as it’s to late.
When our director of football can finally get over from Germany to oversee and sort this pile of ***** out then we will see big changes!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 23:52

Speculation about next managers of football clubs happens all the time. Where else are fans meant to discuss and debate, especially right now?

Whether he was doing a good job or not, would fully expect any board worth their salt to have a contingency list, same as I’d expect the management teams to have the same for players for any who move on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 01:06

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 10:06

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 29 Mar 01:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 28 Mar 14:38

Quote:

This.

100%

Absolute Tossers.

Football fans on a football message board speculating about the manager of an underperforming team does not make people absolute tossers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 10:09

Quote:

elvis_lives, Mon 29 Mar 10:06

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 29 Mar 01:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 28 Mar 14:38

Quote:

This.

100%

Absolute Tossers.

Football fans on a football message board speculating about the manager of an underperforming team does not make people absolute tossers.

Yes it does, but they are perfectly entitled to be tossers. They pay their money saved the team, yagga yagga.......

Actually not all of them. Just the ones who talk about it as if it is actually happening, and those who unnecessarily abuse him.

Post Edited (Mon 29 Mar 10:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 12:56

The irony in you using that abusive term....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 13:14

I would expect football managers are used to it. Look at Robbie Neilson. Top of the league by quite some margin and fans calling for him to be sacked. Football fans are fickle. The Pars have a history of chucking managers quickly or holding on until it's a total disaster. I suspect the latter is down to the cost of paying off managers.

I think Crawford has a good eye for a player but I'm less convinced with getting the most out of them. Is that down to him, or is it the coaching?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net