DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The game tonight...
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:23

Everyone is posting in different posts so hope we can discuss on here??

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The game tonight...
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:38

Nope

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:39

Unlike recently we looked pretty good going forward. Thought Wighton looked better than recently.
Also unlike recently we couldn't defend the middle of the park and seemed to give them the freedom of the city to attack.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:48

Looks like we’ve turned the season around.

At the start of the season we were giving teams a goal or two start, and then fighting back to win ....

Go figure?

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:51

We have had no midfield for weeks now , hopefully Banks and Henderson can change that

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 27 Mar 22:56

What about winning headers at either end of the pitch nil.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 00:29

The man who probably could have helped us combat any set pieces and the Arial threat of Ashcroft was on International duty , Vytas gasputis wouldn`t have even needed to jump to sort Ashcroft out

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 00:34

Ashcroft has a head like a threepenny bit (apologies to younger viewers but you can Google it), yet we didn't cope with him. Shameful.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 07:19

Quote:

wulliepar57, Sun 28 Mar 00:29

The man who probably could have helped us combat any set pieces and the Arial threat of Ashcroft was on International duty , Vytas gasputis wouldn`t have even needed to jump to sort Ashcroft out

How can you possibly know that having never seen him, 2 minutes certainly doesn’t count or a put together you tune video
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 07:27

Quote:

OldInnPar, Sun 28 Mar 07:19

Quote:

How can you possibly know that having never seen him, 2 minutes certainly doesn’t count or a put together you tune video

Well, it stands to reason, OIP. Vytas is a big boy (even bigger than 6' 9" Kevin James of Falkirk) so he'd easily outjump a wee dwarf (can I say that without getting a telly?) like Ash.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OldInnPar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 08:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 28 Mar 07:27

Quote:

Quote:

Well, it stands to reason, OIP. Vytas is a big boy (even bigger than 6' 9" Kevin James of Falkirk) so he'd easily outjump a wee dwarf (can I say that without getting a telly?) like Ash.....

He isn’t bigger than Kevin James.....height doesn’t mean you can jump, head or even play well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 10:07

The best player that we have had for getting up high was John Watson.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 10:22

Quote:

OldInnPar, Sun 28 Mar 08:23

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 28 Mar 07:27

Quote:

Quote:

He isn’t bigger than Kevin James.....height doesn’t mean you can jump, head or even play well

Sorry, OldInn, I was taking the mickey, maybe should have added a 😉

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:03

OldInnPar , I was taking the mickey a wee bit referring to Vytas
my point was If he was playing and stood in front of Ashcroft he cannot get a clear header because our defenders didn`t jump much to put Ashcroft off
Unfortunately it was Watson who was marking him and he hardly got off the ground which is unlike him , He was probably playing last night carrying the injury he got in the ICT game , Surely SC does his homework ? I watched Alloa V Dundee and every chance Dee got from a corner Ashcroft was the target man and it paid dividends for them , So it was obvious after Ashcroft missed the target with his first header it was the same tactics and a wake up call to double up on him but no no !
1st goal a good double save from OFW but defense was sleeping
2nd goal an easy header down from Ashcroft and we couldn`t clear our lines and again a save from OFW
3rd goal summed it up ! another free header and nobody on the post
1 win away from home all season is really pathetic but its down to tactics and i do believe that players should shoulder some of the blame , they can see sitting back we are inviting trouble , take the game to them and the opposition are on the back foot last night would have been a great win but now we are in a Must win game again against Raith on Tuesday night to give us any chance of being in the top four
Dundee on the ascendency , along with ICT and QOS so unless we start winning we will be fighting it out at the wrong end !
All the above is only what I see each week rank rotten tactics and displays from a group of players I believe should have been challenging Hearts all the way for automatic promotion spot ! but every time we have had a chance to claw points back we blow it

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:21

It's almost as if some folk have been taken by surprise at how suddenly our play off position has come under pressure .
Ir's not that sudden !
This has been coming for weeks .
We've been rotten for ages and scraping the odd victory here and there shouldn't have hidden that .
All our experts , rather patronisingly told me I was talking nonsense when I said other teams were coming into the picture . Games in hand , no need to worry , the league doesn't lie , blah , blah , blah . Maybe the blinkers are coming off at last .
Unbelievably it's still in our own hands , but I have zero confidence in us getting a top 4 place .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:32

I don’t think we were patronising nor calling your thoughts nonsense, you’re a bit premature I’d say bringing out the ‘I told you so’.

We’re still in the playoffs, two games in hand and things will look a little healthier if we beat Raith on Tuesday.

Life’s too short to be pessimistic all the time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 12:50

Quote:

Berry, Sun 28 Mar 12:32

I don’t think we were patronising nor calling your thoughts nonsense, you’re a bit premature I’d say bringing out the ‘I told you so’.

We’re still in the playoffs, two games in hand and things will look a little healthier if we beat Raith on Tuesday.

A voice in the wilderness..........🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 14:21

Quote:

Berry, Sun 28 Mar 12:32

Never said you were Berry .
No need to name names , but the condescending attitude of some on here really irks .

I really hope we can have a strong finish to the season . I just can't see it happening , but I'll be forking out for the game on Tuesday hoping for the best as usual.

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 14:57

You don’t need to fork out for it - it’s on TV

Andy J
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net