DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Our Investors
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 22:36

With the match last night and I’m sure the investors into the club were watching how much can they take to say what is going on?
We don’t really know much about how much they own etc but and folk are going to slate me like usual but Crawford stood there in the dugout looking like he didn’t have a care in the world while the team were going downhill.... Crawford and I’ll say this does not have any man management skills at all to get the best out of the team.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Our Investors
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 23:11

What's your experience of Stevie Crawford's man management skills?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 23:39

There's a difference between shouting and man management. Billy Kirkwood shouted a lot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 28 Mar 23:49

Another topic started - this is like spam now 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 08:59

“how much can they take to say what is going on?”

What makes you think they aren’t asking this, or they haven’t been? We aren’t (and shouldn’t be) told about discussions that go on at board level. I’m fairly certain though, that they do discuss the on field performance and how the manager/coaching staff are performing. To even suggest that this doesn’t happen is just mental.

“We don’t really know much about how much they own etc”

Did you even read anything that was written about the investors? It could not have been made more clear that they hold 30% of the club’s shares currently, with the option to own another 45.1% by May 2022. You can be sure that there will be an announcement if/when that happens.

“Crawford stood there in the dugout looking like he didn’t have a care in the world”

Don’t get me wrong, I think Crawford’s time is up. It’s time for change. But this just isn’t true at all. I can guarantee that Crawford is hurting and would love to turn this around. I’ll admit that I’m concerned by his lack of instruction to players on the pitch. He doesn’t seem to be vocal enough. But that’s totally different to looking like he doesn’t care. You could see he wasn’t happy. What do you want? Someone going mental, shouting and screaming, throwing a tantrum like a petulant child? I’d rather not have someone like Neil Lennon in charge. It’s important for a manager to stay fairly composed on the touch line.

Crawford isn’t getting the best out of the team. There’s no doubt about that. I’m sure nobody will try and argue otherwise. But I’m afraid people will continue to shoot down your posts if you keep posting nonsense before making your valid point.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 09:52

^^^^^ Good post 91.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 10:00

Good post Par-91

EEP, rather than saying Crawford looked like he "didnt have a care in the world" what I saw was a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders, he looked under enormous pressure. If you have listened to any of his recent interviews you can detect the tension in his voice.

Some empathy wouldn`t go amiss.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 10:18

I think it’s baffling that this site holds hundreds of pep guardiolas and none have been tapped up yet!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 10:52

Quote:

AlterPar, Mon 29 Mar 10:18

I think it’s baffling that this site holds hundreds of pep guardiolas and none have been tapped up yet!

I always find it funny when random punters on here go on about managers being 'tactically naive'.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 19:23

Investor Group... Please Jim can you fix it for me to be the manager of DAFC cos i ken what i want and i ken how to dae it!

Folk on here thinking they would know what to do managing a low league football team. Play Football Manager and read a book about Pep and know it all.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 21:14

Ah trust me when you have an investor group involved then there is a massive amount of pressure to succeed and that’s in any company that takes investors on..
As soon as they send the director of football over then a lot of you will be disappointed as things will change within the club and rapidly imo.

And I got a yellow card for what admin??

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 21:34

EEP im completely assuming that`s the whole point of bringing in an investor group, I think that was explained in detail, not sure what this `trust me` and ` I told you so` stuff is.

The `fan owned` model worked in that it saved the club, put some dignity back, seriously improved the whole place (EEP is a hive of activity, with very few actual paid staff)and galvanised the fans (we were goosed) community wise on a different level (disabled supporters club, education etc. to name just 2) and lastly brought a base to work on.

But it still relied on directors having to put in an awful lot of money even with one bad season, with `experienced pros` playing like horses- this happens, but in a fan owned club can be ruinous.

We have a start of a proper football structure, decent recruitment, but to take the next step, we need proper training facilities, sustainable recruitment, sports science, coaching etc. A whole raft of things.

It`s not possible to do this otherwise I think.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 22:54

[Post Deleted] - Utter Bollocks
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 00:16

EEP in “in the know” nonsense. 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 00:44

I didn't agree with his post but not sure it deserved to be deleted?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 01:56

I agree with you, neils.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 02:59

I thought the investors had given reasons why they were interested in investing in the Pars. I see the reasons they gave as a positive step. I am sure thar when they eventually give more time to the club it will be a learning experience for everyone and that everyone will benefit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 07:33

Excellent post, neils.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 21:30

I hope our German counterparts were watching tonight??
See the club have an obligation now on reporting back etc and I hope they have a remedy after tonight’s performance?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net