DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The politics of football
Topic Originator: Jbob  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 14:52

I mentioned on the Israel v Scotland thread my non interest due to the finals being played in Qatar. Also that we were playing Israel.

There are many reasons for my abhorrence if those countries and despite my love of football this is nothing against the human rights abuses if both of those countries.

Bobs of the world unite
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The politics of football
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 15:42

It`s always a difficult issue, as there are many countries in the world where the basic human rights of some of its citizens or inhabitants are abused to the point where many decent people would judge it inappropriate to play sport against their national representatives.

I think every individual has to examine the facts and make his/her own judgment, and that judgment should be respected, particularly if they are forfeiting the honour of representing their country.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
 Re: The politics of football
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Mon 29 Mar 16:19

Think this is why politics and sport are kept separate. We see all these players over the last week wearing TShirts mainly against Qatar, but will all happily play in the World Cup in these stadiums and stay in the hotels built for the World Cup. It is really fake support. Like coming out and threatening to boycott social media when we all know they won’t in the main.
Scotland doing the honourable thing and making sure we aren’t in that position next summer.
If hasn’t stopped Ireland playing friendly v Qatar midweek.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net