DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Stevie Crawford
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:26

Do the honourable thing and hand in your resignation. Will always be a legend playing wise but don’t ruin that, for the good of the club just give it up

Post Edited (Tue 30 Mar 22:09)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Stevie Crawford
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:28

Shouldn't have to...no leadership on the park, from the dugout, all that's left is leadership from above, shouldn't be on his shoulders after that crap.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:30

He is doing as well here as he did at East Fife but had the decency to hand his resignation in there.He is not a manager pure and simple.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:39

Got to agree, if he wasn’t here he would be manager at somewhere like Burntisland shipyard. Totally overpromoted.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scottdoherty  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:39

The man's lost the plot, the way he's played the fullbacks tonight is a joke, if he cared about the club a shred he'd go. Can say it's the ayers all you want but at the end of the day those same players were performing fine at the start of the season before Crawford had some sort of mental breakdown when it came to the tactics, need to appoint somebody who actually understands attacking football and doesent try to play inverted fullbacks in a back four when it's 2021.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:41

If he survives this , the board have a lot to answer for

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:42

My mate is manager at the Shippy and right now I would give him the pars job over Crawford

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:43

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Tue 30 Mar 20:42

My mate is manager at the Shippy and right now I would give him the pars job over Crawford

My sister is 5 and her knowledge of football goes as far as shouting the pars are the best whenever they are mentioned and she'd do a better job
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:45

Do we have strong leadership above Crawford to make the correct decision

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:46

I fear that the board will make another mess of appointing the next manager.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:46

Quote:

Par, Tue 30 Mar 20:45

Do we have strong leadership above Crawford to make the correct decision

Of course we don't, spineless board tbh. Johnston got about 8 weeks too long and all
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:47

Crawford won’t leave.

It’s a joke now, says he let Turner go for the balance of the squad but brings in Henderson and then tonight we end up with McCann in the middle of the park.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 20:50

Quote:

obiwanyouknowme, Tue 30 Mar 20:47

Crawford won’t leave.

It’s a joke now, says he let Turner go for the balance of the squad but brings in Henderson and then tonight we end up with McCann in the middle of the park.

The same McCann I can't remember ever scoring a senior gooa for us even though he's a striker.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Tue 30 Mar 21:06

Must have a lot to give as a striker coach.

I wish him luck in that endeavour where ever he ends up!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:05

Has he been sacked or has he handed in his resignation yet ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:38

You have to give him some credit for this season, wouldn’t want us to be short sighted based on recent events.

He took us on what was an 11 game unbeaten run, during that period he evidenced the ability to make tactical changes, the correct ones to manage any threat and get the points. It wasn’t that long ago where I started a thread and many posting on here who were like me unsure at the time of his appointment who were congratulating him, which was the right thing to do at the time as it was deserved.

He’s also brought in some really talented players.

Looking back at the results, our first defeat was at home to Morton and at the time I was ok with it, a slip was bound to happen. We never really recovered from that though, we went on a period where we were drawing a lot with that scrappy win at home to Arbroath in between and then we were alternating wins and losses each week until recently where we’re losing all the time.

The first point where something went against the plan this season, we’ve struggled to pick ourselves up and Crawfords first opportunity to face adversity this season, hasn’t figured it out.

The game last night was the last straw for me, we need to bring someone else in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:49

I think that was a massive up yours from the players last night.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:16

Quote:

Parfect69, Wed 31 Mar 10:49

In what way Parfect ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:28

Quote:

I just think they were, like our manager, utterly lost.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:31

Quote:

Are you suggesting the players weren't trying or worse? They didn't appear to be comfortable with the tactical formation they were asked to play in. Someone mentioned it was like Man City with Comrie and Edwards coming inside.

It's only natural the heads drop when you go 2, 3 or 4 goals behind. I would have liked to have seen a bit more fight, passion, pride and desire all the same.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:32

I don`t think the players purposely underperformed for the manager. Remember, these players all want to go on to bigger and better things, they won`t want to get humped 5-1 off a rival in a televised game. We were beaten by a better team, fair and square.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:33

Quote:

MikeyLeonard, Wed 31 Mar 12:16

Quote:

In what way Parfect ?

They just seemed totally disinterested, no passion, no commitment. Don’t get me wrong the tactics appeared to be unclear and impossible to fathom them out from a layman’s perspective. This looks like from an outsider perspective all stems from the Turner episode. Just my opinion mind. I could be wrong.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:34

Since November 20th (When we went top) weve gained 17 points which would have us bottom of the league, joint with Alloa!! Wow never knew that
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: InschPar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:07

I think the goals that Murray got from Thomas assists at the start of the season papered over the cracks, once opposing teams realised that and acted upon it, we have nothing much else !!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 13:17

Whatever happened re the Turner incident we have steadily regressed,whatever we think of the manager and his tactics ,it`s time to batten down the hatches and finish as high as we can.
We got a football lesson last night and Rovers first goal I`ve seen them do that move in a previous game.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 13:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:12

The players were not tracking runs, sure sign they are not playing for the manger.

Even if your not sure of what formation your playing you know you should be tracking runs and working your socks off at the very least.

But what do you expect with 4 raw kids in the midfield and not one of them a pars player with any skin in the game.

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:22

For once I agree with you, Berkey. I`ve always been concerned about an over-reliance on loanees - especially young ones. No doubt these boys are ambitious for themselves but are they ambitious for the club? Last night they also lacked an experienced player to guide and encourage them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:31

Played 65
Won 23
Drawn 15
Lost 27
For 82
Against 77
GD 5

Crazy thing is around the start of the season, he had just turned it around so that he had more wins than losses, and i thought he had gone up a level and was really making strides. But ..not the case

Think he will get the rest of the season, but that will be it.

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:57

Honestly thought I'd be checking in here today to find that a reshuffle had taken place.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The moose  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:04

Quote:

Jeffery, Wed 31 Mar 14:57

Honestly thought I'd be checking in here today to find that a reshuffle had taken place.

Chairman and Co have no bottle.

BCM
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:06

This is a conversation for the end of the season. It should consider all aspects in terms of the development of the club, not just the performances on the park
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:11

I commented last night during the game that the most worrying aspect was that we were not doing the basics.
By basics, I mean getting touch tight, putting tackles in and going with runners.

Even more worryingly was that this was evident from the start of the game, not after we were three of four goals down, where you could have understood it.

Something very clearly isn`t right.

Ross McArthur is a very decent man and he will be hoping that somehow, we can find a result and kick start the season again. He will be hoping, but deep down, he will know that`s unlikely and come the end of the season, he will almost certainly have to call time on Stevie`s tenure, if the play-offs have not been achieved.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:15

Quote:

Indiapar, Wed 31 Mar 15:06

This is a conversation for the end of the season. It should consider all aspects in terms of the development of the club, not just the performances on the park

Is it though? 8 points off of the relegation playoff place and 12 points off of automatic relegation a team in free fall and with no sign of where the next win is coming from never mind the next point but aye let’s keep this conversation for the end of the season by which time we may well be playing in league 1

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:40

I know where you are coming from, but I think it is. There seems to be something not right at the club that is leading to poor performances. If there is something, it needs to be addressed internally at the club. My question is if this is all SC's fault. He seems to the target, but its rarely as simple as that. These things tend to be more complex.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 15:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 18:33

Crawford will get to the end of the season and we’ll either be eating our words and proven wrong or he’ll have failed and we’ll be on here complaining why the board didn’t act sooner.

If it was a narrow defeat last night I’d maybe feel less aggrieved about it. We could’ve still believe it or not been in the playoff spots which would’ve been something at least to hang on to. Problem is it was an absolute hammering from start to finish and we are now out of the playoffs. That had to be one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen and for it to be against one of our rivals...

He’s got a big job on his hands now to win the fans round and judging by the performances the players themselves. Unfortunately i think the damage is done and not reparable.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 18:34)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net