DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Who are those Happy Clappers?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 05:52

I don't know who first coined this term but it's been bandied about on this forum for a good number of years, maybe as far back as John Potter's unhappy time as manager. I detest it. It borders on a slur on fellow Pars fans, implying that those who don't scream for the manager's head after almost every poor result and/or performance have a similar intellect to performing seals. Oh the irony! It's the fans who throw their toys out of the pram who are the smart ones?

Last night, we even got a thread with this despicable jibe in the title. I refused to post on it as that might dignify it. I think it's divisive, vindictive and unhelpful. To suggest that any Pars fan is happy after such a performance and result is complete nonsense. Like every Pars fan on the planet, I experienced a massive sense of sadness and disappointment. Any anger was tempered by the knowledge that the team didn't deliberately play poorly and the manager didn't send them out to lose the game.

I stayed away from the forum after the game, knowing full well the Crawford Out campaign would be in full swing. I've backed the management team and will continue to wish them well for as long as they remain in the job, but it will be very difficult for them to recover from this, if they are given the opportunity for the rest of the season. I avoided a prediction on Parrot's thread because I feared the worst - losing a two goal lead at Dens Park will have battered the team's confidence. Another defeat was on the cards, but the manner and magnitude of it is unacceptable. I think we can all agree that we can accept a defeat when the team puts in a battling performance, but not when we surrender as meekly as we did at Starks Park.

Finally, a plea to all dotnetters. Please refrain from using this Happy Clappers nonsense, to antagonise fellow Pars fans. Have a bit of faith in the BoD. They have shown in the past that they are not afraid to make changes when targets are not met, but they won't be pressured into making them because a small number of fans are voicing their unhappiness on this forum. Football management is a tough tough gig. Only a few months ago, fans who had been critical of Crawford's appointment, labelling him the "cheap option" were on here holding their hand up and apologising for getting it wrong, as we sat on top of the league. Was he a good manager then and a poor manager now? Football is full of ups and downs. Look at Allan Johnston and John Potter. Sacked by the Pars but doing very well now......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Who are those Happy Clappers?
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 06:33

What an absolute state to get into, over this forum, at any time, let alone before 6 in the morning. Go and see a Doctor.

It's a "despicable jibe" yet you'll start a new thread with it in the title. Definitely seek some medication.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 07:20

Well said GG

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 07:31

Quote:

Kessel, Wed 31 Mar 06:33

What an absolute state to get into, over this forum, at any time, let alone before 6 in the morning. Go and see a Doctor.

It's a "despicable jibe" yet you'll start a new thread with it in the title. Definitely seek some medication.

Perfectly calm, thanks. I won't bother wasting any doctor's time, either.

Plenty of folk were in a state on here last night, judging by the multitude of threads and posts, some of which were bordering on the hysterical - over a game of football!!

And my sleeping arrangements are no business of yours, either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:05

[Post Deleted] - Personal attack on another subscriber
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:16

Just one thing, Potter wasn`t sacked, it was his decision to join Jack Ross at Sunderland 😉

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:28

Agree with most of what you say GG and I’m not too keen on the term “happy clapper” - equally though I don’t think it’s right that people are attacked every time they make a comment that might be seen to be critical of the management or the team.

Either way last night’s performance was an embarrassment and the substitutions were very difficult to understand - I’m no fan of Lewis McCann but to bring him on in that situation and out of position just defied believe - I don’t believe though that he’d be anywhere near the first team of any other team in the league.

I’ve seen some pretty poor teams over the years but I struggle to remember a time when the players looked like they just didn’t seem to know what the manager was asking them to do.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:35

Quote:

Gem 1977, Wed 31 Mar 08:16

Just one thing, Potter wasn`t sacked, it was his decision to join Jack Ross at Sunderland 😉

You're right, Gem. I meant he was relieved of his managerial duties, but agreed to return to his previous role coaching the U-20 squad, one in which he excelled according to the players I spoke to.

We surely all want any Pars manager to succeed as much as he does. I was gutted for JP when the club decided it needed to bring in a new manager because he's a real gent, as was AJ. Stevie Crawford is also a top guy, but he knows that if the targets set out at the start of the season aren't met, his position will be reviewed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 08:45

Quote:

AJ27, Wed 31 Mar 08:28

Agree with most of what you say GG and I’m not too keen on the term “happy clapper” - equally though I don’t think it’s right that people are attacked every time they make a comment that might be seen to be critical of the management or the team.

Either way last night’s performance was an embarrassment and the substitutions were very difficult to understand - I’m no fan of Lewis McCann but to bring him on in that situation and out of position just defied believe - I don’t believe though that he’d be anywhere near the first team of any other team in the league.

I’ve seen some pretty poor teams over the years but I struggle to remember a time when the players looked like they just didn’t seem to know what the manager was asking them to do.

Can't argue with any of that, AJ. I'm not attacking anyone for criticising the abject performance last night, or indeed any other similar ones previously. My beef is with the use of the term "happy clappers" suggesting that anyone who doesn't make a habit of it is intellectually challenged.

If you're not raging, you're happy? Eh, naw. I wasn't raging last night, just sick to the pit of my stomach and I certainly wasn't clapping, either.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:12

I don`t much like the term either and would prefer that people didn`t use it, but it has to be said that there`s often an underlying smugness about the folk who are always complaining that other fans are critical. It seems that there`s an implied superiority, whereby they assume they are in some way better, because they are not criticising. I find it particularly annoying when the person sneers without contributing any opinion of their own about the game in question.

That is every bit as annoying and provocative. It would be much better if people could just be free to give their views without being jumped on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:16

I first was aware of the term during the Miasterton saga, those who couldn't see what was going on, some get called far worse just for questioning norms and no one bats an eyelid.
Suck it up.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:16

The board aren’t afraid to make changes? They gave AJ 2 months too long and the fact he was given a 2 year deal after scrapping the play offs and put out after the first round was laughable. The John Potter era was lucky not to see us drop
Into league 2 at the time, and now they are giving up on play offs by giving Crawford and his pals probably the rest of the remaining games. GG I wouldn’t expect you to actually call out anyone at this club if you are still working with the players and management like you were a few years ago, but surely enough is enough? There was nothing about that team last night, no one actually had a clue what they were doing, it just looked like 11 players running around without any idea. I fear if Crawford is given to end of the season we will be lucky to win a another game this season

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: yorkiepar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:23

Well, GG, I’ve long since accepted that I appear to have been tarred with this particular brush by the cognoscenti on this forum. Instead of taking it as an insult I rather wear it as a badge of pride!
Basically, it seems to apply to anyone who is prepared to take a measured and pragmatic view of the state of our Club. So, while you were up at dawn putting your thoughts down, I was similarly lying awake (intermittently) and mulling over our position.
Last night was truly a horror story: nobody can argue about that. What I find difficult to understand is how we’ve gone from “hero” to “zero” in such a relatively short space of time.
I wasn’t convinced originally by SC’s appointment but I was prepared to give him a chance; and within the constraints of our finances and resources I don’t think he’s done too bad a job over several seasons. However we now seem to be in the middle of a perfect storm.
I think we’ve managed to acquire some talented players for our squad, but I think it’s very difficult to introduce them piecemeal and expect there to be any sense of cohesion. Henderson’s a case in point. From initial evidence he’s a talented laddie, but to throw him straight into the mix when he couldn’t possibly have an understanding of how the team was set up - or even the names of his team mates! - was asking for it. And he’s just one example.
So now we find ourselves with a group - I hesitate to call them a team - low on tactical nous and confidence. Not good. And none of the remaining games are going to be easy. Truly we look like being the whipping boys of the division.
It’s clear that changing our manager now is not going to help since there are so few games left to change the situation. All we can do is keep our fingers and toes crossed that teams below us fail to up their game and that we can win enough points to keep us up. I can’t believe I’m typing this but it’s the reality. I suspect that if we are to survive then we won’t be watching pretty football for the remainder of the season: short term pain for longer term gain however.
What happens manager-wise at the end of the season is up to the Board. But I think they’ve done an amazing job in extremely difficult circumstances. They’ll be hurting along with the rest of us - more so, I’m sure. And I have every confidence that they’ll take the appropriate decisions as and when they arise.
What we must all remember is that it’s not so long ago that our Club almost ceased to exist and that we are still balancing on a knife edge.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:52

It's posts like the above that end up with us getting called Happy Clappers because we call out crap like this:

"and now they are giving up on play offs by giving Crawford and his pals probably the rest of the remaining games."

Yes we've been balls for most of the calendar year but we're still very much in contention for a playoff spot. When you look at the remaining fixtures for each of the clubs we've marginally got an easier run in and 4 of the 6 games are at home where our for has been far superior to our away form. It's still in our own hands.

That being said our form has been so bad recently that there needs to be an improvement in our performances sharpish or we do run the risk of not making the playoffs and I don't think anyone will expect SC to be here next season if we miss the playoffs. It would be a clear half season of decline that couldn't be reversed.

Even if we do make the playoffs, if we hit a performance like last night's in then there's a fair chance he'd get his jotters as well.

The bottom line is nobody knows where we'll finish. SC might well be in the process of failing and results recently suggest he might very well fail but ultimately he and the team might still pull it out of the bag and we won't know one way or the other until its been decided mathematically.

There's nothing smug or Happy Clapperish about pointing that out but it seems to qualify as such to some on here.

As for the folk suggesting we might get relegated I wouldn't be surprised if it is mathematically impossible for us to go down now even if we lost every game until the end of the season. 4 teams would need to overtake us for us to finish in the playoffs and they all have games against each other in the remaining 5 fixtures which means they can't all be picking up maximum points every week. If its not mathematically impossible now it can't be too far off it. One win looks like it would be enough and no matter how bad we've been this year we've never come close to 7 straight defeats. That's not Happy Clapperish or complacent either it's just how small leagues work.

I'm by no stretch of the imagination happy about our form and I haven't seen anyone say they are but SC hasn't failed yet and although I didn't actually want him to takeover from AJ, I don't think he should be removed until he has actually failed. The only thing that would change my mind would be if an outstanding candidate was to become available and be interested and by truly outstanding I don't mean any of the suggestions like Levein that have been mentioned.

🙂🙂🙂🙂👏👏👏👏👏
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:56

Anyone who thinks we are getting into the promotion play offs after last nights utter disgrace of a performance would be better off seeking professional help

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:57

Good thoughtful posts from Yorkie, lpf and Socks, as always. Agree with your sentiments.

Quote:

parsfan97, Wed 31 Mar 09:16

The board aren’t afraid to make changes? They gave AJ 2 months too long and the fact he was given a 2 year deal after scrapping the play offs and put out after the first round was laughable. The John Potter era was lucky not to see us drop
Into league 2 at the time, and now they are giving up on play offs by giving Crawford and his pals probably the rest of the remaining games. GG I wouldn’t expect you to actually call out anyone at this club if you are still working with the players and management like you were a few years ago, but surely enough is enough? There was nothing about that team last night, no one actually had a clue what they were doing, it just looked like 11 players running around without any idea. I fear if Crawford is given to end of the season we will be lucky to win a another game this season

I respect your opinion but don't agree with it, 97. Clubs which hit the panic button and fire their manager at the first hint of a few poor results don't generally experience a lot of success. Surely every manager deserves the chance to turn things around after a poor run? I know through a journalist friend that Villa were on the verge of sacking Dean Smith last season - one more defeat and he was out - and look at them now.

Not one Pars fan will be happy about our most recent performances, least of all the management team and the Board. I can't imagine the players will be anything other than gutted, too - most players list being injured and losing games as their top hates. If Crawford doesn't meet the targets set, he'll be replaced - guaranteed and he'll know it.

I haven't been able to coordinate the Pars Tackle Health programme since the start of the lockdown in March 2020, but I hope to start it up again when we are allowed back in schools again. The kids got a lot out of the visits and we received some nice feedback from them and their teachers. I don't regard it as work, btw, just helping the Pars in their efforts to be the focal point of the community.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 10:48)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 09:58

Quote:

parsfan97, Wed 31 Mar 09:56

Anyone who thinks we are getting into the promotion play offs after last nights utter disgrace of a performance would be better off seeking professional help

No idea where we'll end up and neither do you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:04

First hint of a poor run? We’ve lost 7 out of the last 10 and haven’t kicked a ball since we beat hearts at EEP. I seen that since that game we’ve took the lowest amount of points out of all the teams in the league

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:05

Yep and we are still in the playoff hunt in spite of that. Nobody knows what's going to happen in the next six games.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:13

Quote:

parsfan97, Wed 31 Mar 10:04

First hint of a poor run? We’ve lost 7 out of the last 10 and haven’t kicked a ball since we beat hearts at EEP. I seen that since that game we’ve took the lowest amount of points out of all the teams in the league

You're misquoting me there. I said "Some clubs ..... sack their managers at the first hint of a poor run." I was generalising rather than speaking about the Pars and Crawford's situation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 10:17

"Who are those Happy Clappers?" - got your answer I think.

In order to have your opinion respected you need to show balance, the same blinkered garbage regardless of results and preformances from both sides of the fence loses any reputability you have in your posts.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 11:48

"There`s nothing smug or Happy Clapperish about pointing that out but it seems to qualify as such to some on here. "

It was me who mentioned smugness, so I should probably be clear that I absolutely don`t mean the kind of stuff you talk about. You`re one of not that many who just say what you think and why, often in quite a bit of detail, and say quite politely why you think someone else is wrong. Nothing wrong with that at all, and I wish we had more of that.

However, there are a few people who have a go at others, not because they disagree with some specific point or other, but because a comment is just dismissed as `negative`. And often dismissed in language that doesn`t even offer an alternative opinion. My view is that if you`re going to criticise someone else`s view, you should be prepared to put up your own view for others to criticise as they see fit, and obviously that means knowing enough to be able to offer an opposing view. We`ve even had the ridiculous situation of people aggressively telling others to stop moaning about a particular game, when that person doing the telling hasn`t even seen it!

Making a general criticism of the views of others without giving a straightforward view of your own just seems to violate an important principle of debate. And my view is that this smug, dismissive attitude comes more often from those at the `must not criticise` end of the spectrum than those at the `criticise all the time` end. I don`t know why, but I find it really irritating.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 12:53

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 31 Mar 09:16

I first was aware of the term during the Miasterton saga, those who couldn't see what was going on, some get called far worse just for questioning norms and no one bats an eyelid.
Suck it up.

Thanks for that insight, Rasta. I would say the term certainly applied to me back then. I remember going to a meeting in Legends and on being told the Pars needed £80k to survive, I suggested we might all be able to raise a grand each. All I cared about was that the Pars didn't "do a Rangers." It never occurred to me that those in charge were not all they made out to be. ☹

And try to be a bit less confrontational when you post, bud. I see you had a post deleted for a "personal attack on another subscriber." It didn't bother me but you were a bit of a naughty boy. ☺

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:26

I think there are simply different perspectives. It is not about right and wrong. The facts seem to be;

1. We have failed to get results over a number of weeks.
2. Where we have achieved a good result its been a close call.
3. Its a competitive league. All clubs have dropped points to each other
4. The result against Raith was very poor.
5. We are still in with a chance of the playoffs but that depends on good performances.
6. It needs an open and transparent assessment of where we are going wrong to address the issues.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:36

The irony of encouraging healthy debate whilst slagging off people who can't help but react at some of the absolute, hysterical reactionary basket cases on this complete cowpat of a football forum appears lost on some.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 16:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:49

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 31 Mar 12:53

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 31 Mar 09:16

Suck it up.

Thanks for that insight, Rasta. I would say the term certainly applied to me back then. I remember going to a meeting in Legends and on being told the Pars needed £80k to survive, I suggested we might all be able to raise a grand each. All I cared about was that the Pars didn't "do a Rangers." It never occurred to me that those in charge were not all they made out to be. ☹

And try to be a bit less confrontational when you post, bud. I see you had a post deleted for a "personal attack on another subscriber." It didn't bother me but you were a bit of a naughty boy. ☺

I certainly didn't mean to, I am passionate about certain things for sure, I apologise if I over stepped the mark.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 14:53

I wish folk would stop with the mental health (and “medication”) jibes.

None of you have any idea what others are going through right now; I realise most posts are made in jest but please consider your fellow posters before adding these unwarranted and quite frankly OTT remarks.

Rant and discuss and scream all ye want - but the personal insults need to end now.

It’s only football for god’s sake.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:04

Agree Buffy its just a game.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:23

No worries, Rasta. I know you have a tendency to get a bit overwrought at times, so I don't take your replies to heart. 😗

Quote:

buffy, Wed 31 Mar 14:53

None of you have any idea what others are going through right now; I realise most posts are made in jest but please consider your fellow posters before adding these unwarranted and quite frankly OTT remarks.

Rant and discuss and scream all ye want - but the personal insults need to end now.

Well said, Buffy. The first person to respond to this thread this morning was a chap (chapess) called Kessel. He got a bit hysterical and advised me to see a doctor and take my medication. Having never interacted with him or noticed him before, I did a quick search and was appalled to read that a significant number of his previous posts suggest other posters need to get their heads checked and other similar gratuitous advice. I hope he will think hard before posting anything similar in future.

But for the grace of God, I've never suffered from mental health issues, but I would never dream of offending those who do. It's not like they choose to have them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:33

The solution is straightforward GG - stay in bed an hour or two longer in the mornings !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 15:37

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 31 Mar 15:33

The solution is straightforward GG - stay in bed an hour or two longer in the mornings !!!

I lay awake from 3 - 5 am as it was, VEE. It's not much fun lying in your scratcher, listening to someone snoring her heid aff. 😄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 16:34

Hey, GG...snap!!!🤔😷🤯
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 16:40

Were you sleeping in my house last night G.G. :))

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 17:37

Quote:

buffy, Wed 31 Mar 14:53

Couldn't agree more with this.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 17:44

Perhaps Kessel will come along and edit the post?

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 19:25

Several points to make, in no particular order.

Society as a whole seems to have become more intolerant of differing opinions, and dotnet reflects that. Perhaps the effects of not getting to games (or out in general) are manifesting themselves in fractious online attitudes.

The club needs support during the bad times, not just the good.

I’m not a big fan of calling for people to be sacked – not just because of the adverse effect it can have on individuals, but because I don’t believe being trigger-happy is necessarily good business practice. I accept that it may be harder to sack the manager given it’s Stevie Crawford, than if it were Stevie Cowan say.

I’ve made this point before, but I’ll make it again – over the last 50 years our mean finishing position in the league set-up is 16th. We are currently 17th. I guess Hearts, Dundee and Inverness have bigger budgets than us, so we are underperforming, but not by a lot. The lack of support is a leveller, IMO and makes the division tighter than it would otherwise be.

I think our expectations were heightened by a seemingly good start to the season, but I fear we were flattered by the Thomas/Murray combination, a couple of soft penalties and a favourable league cup draw.

How do you stop a slump? Do you stick or twist? Who knows. JP got pelters for not making changes, then got pelters for making changes. He couldn’t stumble on a winning formula.

Sometimes, to use a couple of golf analogies, one mistake can cost you two holes, or you get out of position off the tee and attempts to recover make things worse. I only had half an eye on the Raith game, but it seemed that we gambled at half-time and had lost our money within 3 minutes of the restart. We had to gamble because I think we picked the wrong team (or the wrong set-up) to start with. And we did that because we lost at Dundee – people were insisting that Banks and Henderson had to start after looking promising after coming on as substitutes. Possibly we lost at Dundee because we missed 2 penalties at Morton. This sequence compounds the feeling that everything is unravelling.

What do we want from a manager? Off the top of my head, I would be assessing against some of the following criteria: player recruitment, coaching ability, team selection, formation, tactics, set-plays, substitutions, on the park performance, results, man management, use of coaching staff, morale, footballing philosophy, budgeting, player development, fan engagement and community engagement; and hoping to see steady improvement overall. It’s up to the board to provide assistance when required. I’m far from convinced that chopping and changing managers is beneficial in either the short term or the long term – indeed it may incentivise bad behaviours.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 19:50

Sensible post and comments. I would add leadership. The levels of leadership go up and down dependent upon the circumstances. Sometimes you cant make decisions by concensus. If you are in charge sometimes you have to decide unilaterally. My view has always been that we are not ready for promotion this year. A playoff place would be great, but there has been alot of change including last minute change bringing in loan players.

I agree the success for the season is dependent upon a number of factors. A few seasons ago it would have been to still have a club. Looks to me like alot of progress has been made since then. The elephant in the room with all of this is how many clubs are struggling financially to keep afloat in this league. It is against that fundamental backdrop that we should be assessing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 20:01

There's no way Inverness will have a bigger budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 20:34

I remember their ex-chairman saying they effectively needed to pay over the odds in wages - almost by way of a relocation supplement - due to where they are geographically located in order to try and attract the neccessary level of player.

That was compounded even more when Ross County made it to the same level as them as they were then in direct competition for certain players and Roy McGregor's deep pockets often swayed it.

I'd imagine those days will be long gone now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 07:44

A good, thoughtful and reasoned post by McCaig's Tower above. I've no regrets about starting this thread. I certainly wasn't looking to increase the divisions among Pars fans, but took umbrage at another thread with "happy clappers " in its title (and yes, I was aware of the irony.)

Every Pars fan is frustrated and disappointed, or even angry, at how our season has unravelled after a good start. To suggest that anyone on this forum who doesn't vent their anger and frustration, or looks for positives in a poor performance, is some kind of happy, smiling idiot is extremely insulting and well wide of the mark.

We're all hurting and we all want to see the Pars get back to winning ways, the sooner the better. Here's hoping we're all smiling at 4.50 pm today.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net