DAFC.net
Home 21 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Kevin Nisbet
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 21:11

Comes on for Scotland debut. Well done Kevin show them what you can do.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 21:11)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Kevin Nisbet
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 21:35

Gets an unnecessary yellow card. Nothing really created for him or McBurnie.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 21:42

Could've had a goal if he hadn't gone too early for his only chance.
Agree the yellow was totally unnecessary.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 21:53

More time with the original set up he would have had a few more chances. Shame he looked a tad nervous coming on would have liked for him to get a debut goal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:01

Polt.... thats how I saw it as well .... also too many changes did not help the flow of the game to allow Kevin to get accustomed to his first venture into the Scottish team .... lets hope he gets another chance

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:04

Yes never really got going, the game became very disjointed with all the changes and showed his frustration with the tackle for the booking. I`m sure he will get another chance if he continues to perform at club level.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:08

It was an excellent bit of business by Crawford, identifying the talent, convincing him to come here and developing him so well that he got a move to the Premiership and is now a full international
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:12

He could had a yellow before the one he got.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:12

Totally different team than nisbet played in.
He was a one off player and his work ethic made him a good player.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:17

Topic Originator: red-star-par
Date: Wed 31 Mar 22:08

It was an excellent bit of business by Crawford, identifying the talent, convincing him to come here and developing him so well that he got a move to the Premiership and is now a full international

Good argument for Crawford to stay at the club as a Director of football role with the investors bringing in a new guy, presumably out with Scottish football who would be bolstered with Crawford contacts?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:30

It’s been stated that the investors are bringing in their own director of football to the club.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:38

I think Kev took it on board when Raith offered him the opportunity once he got released from Partick. It's kind of sink or swim time in a footballers career.
He had to start paying attention and focusing rather than be a Billy big baws I'm a footballer on paper.
The difference in his body shape from photos on his insta before and after showed a significant amount of work and effort to be actually physically fit (his brother is a Personal trainer) Kev gives him the credit for his change. So the strength and conditioning and personal discipline work at the club and with his brother done more for his game than he ever dreamed of.
Look where he is now ...proud of the lad. Anyone that can turn themselves around deserve what comes their way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:42

Quote:

EEP, Wed 31 Mar 22:30

It’s been stated that the investors are bringing in their own director of football to the club.....

Yes, however there is no doubt that Stevie does have an eye for a quality player. So i would like to see him utilising that skill with us. Hopefully in a chief scout/ development manager.
Pretty sure Crawford would excel in a role like that. I don't trust folks like McNamara scouting when they Co own a agency. It is McNamara's company that are agents for Turner.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:44

Quote:

red-star-par, Wed 31 Mar 22:08

Do you really think Crawford did this? I think players are not identified by him but by Jackie Mac company. He may have a say in whether they come to EEP. If I am totally wrong then let me know but I would be surprised if SC has been responsible for identifying any of our recent recruits or in persuading them to come to EEP.

As for development I think Nisbet is a really talented player. If I was to look at our squad I would say none of them have been developed in fact they have been under developed with him changing the squad erratically, nonsense formations, and a clear lack of leadership and motivation.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:48

Obviously nisbet was a one off and it’s obvious we don’t have another Nisbet but a lot of players out of contract and loan signings.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 22:57

In years gone by Nisbet was our level of top player like we had Ross Jack or Andy Smith and it is a really sad indictment of Scottish football that he is way too good for us.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 23:25

I think some have a very short and somewhat selective memory. At the beginning of last season after about 10 games nobody was rating Kevin Nisbet at all, nor the rest of the team for that matter. Then after he scored a few goals he became a living legend.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 23:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 23:31

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 31 Mar 23:25

I think some have a very short and somewhat selective memory. At the beginning of last season after about 10 games nobody was rating Kevin Nisbet at all, nor the rest of the team for that matter. Then after he scored a few goals he became a living legend.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Mar 23:26)

Wait, people on this forum have a very short and selective memory!?Never..... ;-)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net