DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Give Crawford time
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 23:25

I was pretty disgusted and annoyed by last night's performance but now I've had a chance to sleep on it, I have changed my mind. He should be given the chance to turn this around. He has earned that much.
What we need to think about is what is our model for the club. Looks to me as if its about identifying young players from the lower leagues and developing them and selling them on. In that aspect Crawford has done very well. Nesbit was a great bit of business making his debut for Scotland tonight. The improvement in his game from Crawfords influence is clear to see, his off the ball runs and movement. We can see that players like Comrie and Edwards have improved and there was some improvement in Turner before he had issues with his attitude. I expect that we will see improvements in Mcdonald and I'm excited to see how Wighton improves with Stevies coaching. I think we need to think of the long term future of the club. There is no point chopping and changing for the sake of it. We probably needed a bit more experienced players to help the youngsters this year, but there probably wasn't the budget for that. Hearts were always going to be run away favourites for the league, we were better preparing to win the league next season, than burning money chasing rainbows this year. Give him time
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Give Crawford time
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 23:34

😂😂😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 23:38

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 31 Mar 23:47

🤔... 😂😂😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GEW35  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 08:00

If you’d posted that 36 minutes later I would’ve said aye, good one!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 08:06

Well it would seem that the board are certainly giving him time. All the usual pre-match formalities have began and the manager on Thursday article is already up on COWS.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 08:18

He should get time .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 08:18

He's had time and messed it up again and shown no sign of any grit or fight.....because he just hasn't got any.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 10:09

An April fool posted 35 mins early. Confusing my tiny wee brain.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 10:11

Quote:

gordi-b, Thu 1 Apr 08:18

He should get time .

Maybe throw in some hard labour .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 12:16

He should be given until the end of the season as no good will come from removing him at this time
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 14:39

Should’ve been gone weeks ago. Should go now. Completely out of his depth. We didn’t even have a formation for parts of the game v Raith. We were absolutely honking for 84 mins vs Dundee and 120 vs Morton, nowhere near good enough.
From the Turner situation, to bringing on McCann for Banks, it’s beyond a joke.
Get him punted, won’t be shy on people wanting the job.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 15:14

We’re going for a 6th defeat on the spin if we lose to Hearts (QOS, ICT, Morton cup, Dundee and Raith). We can’t afford to keep him till the end of the season if it keeps going like this!

Post Edited (Thu 01 Apr 15:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatesmafia  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 17:49

We had an opportunity to save our season if they had sacked him on Wednesday. We have the 3 rd biggest budget in the league and will not be getting into the promotion play offs for the third season in a row under him. He is finished. There is no way back from this . It’s worrying the board can’t see it .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 18:13

“We have the 3 rd biggest budget in the league and will not be getting into the promotion play offs for the third season in a row under him.”

I don’t want Stevie to be our manager either but with all due respect the first season he took over in the January, I’m not sure his objectives that season would have been the playoffs and last season was cut short due to the pandemic with us sitting 5th, 3 points behind Ayr in 4th, 4 points behind Dundee in 3rd, so we could well have made the playoffs. Do I think we’ll get in the playoffs this season, no, but it’s difficult to criticise him for the two seasons prior.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 18:22

Quote:

xgatesmafia, Thu 1 Apr 17:49

We had an opportunity to save our season if they had sacked him on Wednesday. We have the 3 rd biggest budget in the league and will not be getting into the promotion play offs for the third season in a row under him. He is finished. There is no way back from this . It’s worrying the board can’t see it .

They can but are probably trying to avoid damaging pay offs that would necessitate a cheap option going forward.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 18:55

Crawford maybe the public figure being shot at just now at EP but how much support have the board given him? Where was the war chest when we were top of the league to help see us through the playoffs?
Lack of bottle or ambition by the board...or both??

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Thu 01 Apr 18:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 19:05

To be honest I couldn’t disagree more doverpar. He’s been given the ability by the board to bring a lot of players in and firmly put his stamp on the team, there was never going to be a ‘war chest’ during COVID when there’s hardly any income...............
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 19:07

`We’re going for a 6th defeat on the spin if we lose to Hearts (QOS, ICT, Morton cup, Dundee and Raith). We can’t afford to keep him till the end of the season if it keeps going like this!

There was a League win against Morton in that run and we lost to them in the Cup on penalties. Don`t let me spoil your day though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 19:26

Topic Originator: dover par like | nolike
Date: Thu 1 Apr 18:55

Crawford maybe the public figure being shot at just now at EP but how much support have the board given him? Where was the war chest when we were top of the league to help see us through the playoffs?

We`ve brought 5 players in since January-almost half a team!

The board have backed him fully. He can have no complaints there.I think he has signed over 30 players since he came in 2 years ago! We`ve paid fees for Turner, Murray, McGill and Lang and will likely see no return on that outlay. We also paid compensation for the likes of Thomas, McDonald and O`Hara. All this with no fans in the ground.You can`t just keep throwing money at it. We should know only too well the outcome of that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 19:27

Quote:

Berry, Thu 01 Apr 19:05

To be honest I couldn’t disagree more doverpar. He’s been given the ability by the board to bring a lot of players in and firmly put his stamp on the team, there was never going to be a ‘war chest’ during COVID when there’s hardly any income...............

No ‘war chest’ because we are far too conservative, money for Nisbet,money from fans,Scottish Government co-vid funding and backing from our German friends means we are probably better off than you think.Yet again we are resigned to another season in this league,Beginning to think We are run by no risk taking accountants.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 19:43

Total lunacy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 20:06

We all know what happened when we started risk taking.

And to even contemplate doing that during a pandemic....good luck convincing folk with that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 21:10

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 1 Apr 19:26
We`ve brought 5 players in since January-almost half a team!

Mostly on loan. How many have really strengthened the current first XI?

Some of them may go on to be good players but the lack of experience and consistency is not helping right now, while other teams around us seem to have strengthened.

It must be hard to spot how well a young player breaking through at a top team, will cope in a far less dominant team.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 21:13

Exactly fcda! Papered over the cracks.We need experienced players in there not loaded with under 20s loanees

Post Edited (Thu 01 Apr 21:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 21:19

Target is playoffs. Its still in sight. SC isnt going anywhere right now. Time is now to stand up and be counted for players and staff. Cometh the hour cometh the man. I wasnt in favour of SC being appointed at the start however there has been improvement since then. I for one will support the club to the end of the season. The end of the season is time for reflection.

Post Edited (Thu 01 Apr 21:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 21:23

Quote:

dover par, Thu 1 Apr 18:55

I agree and I think it is also relevant to the fans.
We should all mortgage our houses and max our credit cards then gamble it on top players and a very experienced manager.
Shurely we will be guaranteed a good return.

Canny expect the board and the new investors to take the gamble alone now can we?

Eejit!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 21:41

Topic Originator: dover par
Date: Thu 1 Apr 21:13

Exactly fcda! Papered over the cracks.We need experienced players in there not loaded with under 20s loanees

"Pressure is something you feel when you don`t know what the hell you`re doing."

Where are all these experienced players going to arrive from mid season?We signed an international at 27 and Wighton is almost 24. Inverness have brought in one player( Anthony McDonald)on loan and neither them or Raith have spent a penny on transfers all season as far as I know. Raith also have 5 teenagers on loan but they probably play a balanced team and don`t throw them all in at once or all play in the same position.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 21:56

Instead of fans having to max out along with your theory PARrot, maybe if our board made better footballing decisions over the years and backing wrong managers then we’d maybe be in a better financial position? Like when they gambled the prize money in AJ’s last season after he promised them 3rd place and then he was sacked and we finished 7th, one of the many poor decisions

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 22:42

Give him time? He`s had over 2 years, and we are no nearer reaching the playoffs, never mind winning the league.

16 points since we beat Hearts and went top in November - the worst record in the league. He has ran out of time for me, sadly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 22:49

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 01 Apr 21:41

Topic Originator: dover par
Date: Thu 1 Apr 21:13

"Pressure is something you feel when you don`t know what the hell you`re doing."

Where are all these experienced players going to arrive from mid season?We signed an international at 27 and Wighton is almost 24. Inverness have brought in one player( Anthony McDonald)on loan and neither them or Raith have spent a penny on transfers all season as far as I know. Raith also have 5 teenagers on loan but they probably play a balanced team and don`t throw them all in at once or all play in the same position.

Inverness have signed Scott Allan, albeit on loan. Would have been a perfect signing for us.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 23:03

I wish Allan well but comes with risks attached. Has a heart condition and because of that tires easily. I can imagine the reaction on here if we signed him and he wasn`t able to play. Came off the bench for half an hour at the weekend.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 1 Apr 23:50

Quote:

dover par, Thu 1 Apr 21:13

It's not papering over the cracks. It's all about balance. Unfortunately they've had to come in when our more experienced players are injured or just out of form.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 00:30

I also think the players need to look at themselfs ,yes we had no formation or tactics to speak about but we have a captain on the field to take control and rally his team .
Im not defending the management but players have to play with pride .
This was on national TV and did not do them any good .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 01:14

I agree. Not sure if I would agree with SC's statement that the players are 'hurting'. If I was playing in that game I'd be embarrased. It was a drubbing. Lose on Saturday we are out of the playoffs I think. A big game so everyone needs to focus and put in a performance.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 01:27

Give Crawford time? ... Then, make it Suntory time. With intensity.

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQnH450hPM

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 08:19

Quote:

OzPar, Fri 02 Apr 01:27

Give Crawford time? ... Then, make it Suntory time. With intensity.

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQnH450hPM

Fantastic film OzPar.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 2 Apr 09:57

Good posts Berry.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net