DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 All but over for Alloa
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 17:01

Today's defeat against 9th place Arbroath leaves Alloa 7 points adrift with only 12pts left to play for (4 games).

They needed to win today to keep it within realistic touching distance of only 1 point to survive but now looking likely they will fall.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: All but over for Alloa
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 17:05

Shame, not a fan of Gayfield or the wind you get there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 17:06

Big talk of Peter Grant going to Celtic as the assistant manager

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 18:00

Unfortunate for Alloa got a soft spot for them being part time and certainly try to play football.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 18:22

My best Pal played for the Wasps back in the day .. will always have a soft spot for them ... I was born less than 2 miles up the road from the Recs ... Oh the memories

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 18:31

My favourite time was a night game probably close to 40 years ago when we beat them 3-1. They however gained promotion due in part to Stevie Morrisons penalty miss. We in turn got promoted the next year and again the year after that. I loved going to the Recs as my Gran only 2 steets away. If we play like Tuesday we might be joining them however if we continue like today we should not.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par4life  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 18:58

Fair play to Alloa, done well over the years with the budget they have but not a great place to watch football and so won’t miss them too much

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 19:11

Will miss them, weirdly one of the grounds I like to go to, even though they always seem to give us a doing when I go.

Friendly club, decent team, great scran, and if the football is mince, a splendid view.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 20:08

Neils, I agree, if you sit in the gazebo and look to your right at 45° you will see white houses on a hill, one of them is mine. PS I get a great view of the Forth valley!

matt forsyth

Post Edited (Sat 03 Apr 20:09)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 21:18

Lucky you, it`s a belter of a view, last year when I was back in Dunfermline would cycle along there quite a bit, one of the few things we could do- never tire of that view.

The joys of lower league football.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Sat 3 Apr 21:23

Great moment at Alloa last season when they got a penalty and a pars fan shouted at the Linesman asking if he knew why it was given...he just shook his head 😂

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 5 Apr 09:56

Two seasons in the Championship, followed by third time unlucky, seems to be the
Wasps` modus operandi in recent years.

They`ve given a respectable account of themselves - no Brechin City experience to live down.

Incidentally, BC are in deep trouble at the foot of League Two. Relegation scenario trauma looms.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Apr 09:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 5 Apr 15:09

Brechin are 5 points behind Cowdenbeef, and play them last game of the season ,at home ,Cowden lost to Albion Rovers on Saturday and play Queens Park tomorrow .
So might not be all over for Brechin yet .

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Apr 17:54

Would hate to see Cowden go down as well, they`ve dodged a bullet twice? But I couldn`t see how they could survive, the rent alone on Central Park would be impossible.

Even though would like Kelty to go up, it just doesn`t seem sustainable in any way, once the money runs dry....it just takes one disagreement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 21:38

Tonight's hammering of 6-nil to Hearts almost seals Alloa's fate.

Mathematically Alloa are still in it but the writing is now Banksy on a wall....

They need to win their remaining 3 games but Arbroath and Morton only need 2pts and Ayr 1pt to relegate Alloa.

DunfyDave

Post Edited (Fri 09 Apr 21:42)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net