DAFC.net
Home 21 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 City v Dortmund
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 20:46

One of the worst refereeing performances you will ever see.
Bellingham nicks the ball off Ederson has the goal at his mercy and the ref blows his whistle for a foul against Ederson! It actually beggars belief. Had the ref not blown his whistle then var would have surely told the ref to get a grip and award the goal. Just prior to that the ref had a nightmare when he tried to give City a pen when Rodri went holding his head like he had been kicked in the face when Can`s foot never got near it. If you remember Rivaldo in the 2002 world cup when he went down holding his face and got some guy sent off you`ll have an idea of what happened.
Anyway it`s no bad match with City winning at half time thanks to De Bruyne and the referee.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: City v Dortmund
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 20:48

Nonsense the guy's having a blinder.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 20:58

Dortmund have been robbed here. Will guarantee City blow it again though. Bayern and PSG would thrash them anyway . The English commentators are giving me they boke they have completed written off Dortmund . City have been awful.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:02

Not entirely sure if City will beat Bayern but they would put PSG away easily. They're the most overrated side in Europe.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:03

Nah money talks Sergio. For the ref to blow his whistle when Bellingham is about to kick the ball into net is perplexing. Knowing that var would award the goal he had to act fast.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:04

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Tue 06 Apr 20:58

Dortmund have been robbed here. Will guarantee City blow it again though. Bayern and PSG would thrash them anyway . The English commentators are giving me they boke they have completed written off Dortmund . City have been awful.

City would hammer PSG.
Over rated side. Have lost EIGHT times in the diddy French league already

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Tue 06 Apr 21:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:06

City should be getting thumped here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:07

Even Celtic put away the league leaders of France.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:14

Poch has his team talk right there if it comes to it. Just pins a print out of this thread up on the dressing room door; `look at what these guys on dot.net are saying about you`s`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:18

Still absolutely fvcjin raging from that decision. Useless basturt

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:23

Dortmund lucky there.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:24

What makes it all the more astounding is that he booked Can and Bellingham! The brass neck of Rodri holding his face was also nauseating in the extreme.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:26

Still confused by that one to be honest. A learned blue on here suggested it may have been for dissent.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:28

Actually been watching more of the Real v Liverpool game since halftime. For some reason I`m finding that more enjoyable.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:31

Its a good night all round so far.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:38

If Foden had his shooting boots on the tie would be over.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:52

Good win in the end for City . Foden and KDB were outstanding.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:53

Decent game. Could have been 4 3 if the clear chances had been taken and the ref didn't make up a new definition of a foul.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 21:55

Think both teams can take something positive into the second leg. Even the ref seemed to up his game in the second half. His first half performance was the worst refereeing display I`ve seen since I last watched Escape To Victory.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 22:01

We'll do them in Dortmund. Cheating fvcks

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 22:28

Was a good game for the neutrals to watch. Agree ref had a nightmare first half. What is he - Romanian? A few years back, the Romanian FA had to bring in foreign refs to handle games affecting the title race and relegation, as their domestic ones were so poor. They don't appear to have improved any, going by that display.

Real were a very generous12/5 before kick off tonight - same odds as Liverpool. Only because most punters here would having been betting on the Scousers, of course. City meanwhile were a ridiculously short 4/11. Anyone waiting on them must have been sweating buckets.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Apr 22:39

"Was a good game for the neutrals to watch."

Indeed which is why I enjoyed it so thoroughly 😌

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 07:21

It never ceases to amaze me how so critical football fans are of referees - you'd think the job was easy. I bet the loudest critics have never even reffed a bounce game. The biggest mistake the ref made last night was to blow the whistle just before Bellingham put the ball in the net, meaning VAR couldn't award the goal. The penalty that wasn't was just human error, that's the kind of mistake VAR was brought in to eliminate.

BVB were very good, but City just deserved their narrow win, I think. Should be a cracking game next week. Having watched a recording of most of the Real-Liverpool game, I think the Scousers will be up against it in an empty Anfield stadium in the return.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 08:23

Hategan had a poor game, especially 1st half. There has been a lot of complaints this year over the standard of refereeing this year over here, it looks like that will lead to VAR...brilliant. It was a fair few years ago now, more than 10 since foreign refs were used, that was more down to the big clubs whining when a single decision goes against them more than anything else - something quite international.

It was a good game last night, almost always is with BVB, I think they are better suited to playing away from home at the moment so I think they will find it difficult in the second leg, I don`t think an empty Westfalenstadion will do much for them. That said, they are a dangerous if erratic team, all the pressure is on City.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 08:59

“The biggest mistake the ref made last night was to blow the whistle just before Bellingham put the ball in the net, meaning VAR couldn't award the goal.”

If I read Bucaresti’s post correctly then this is a ref that isn’t used to reffing a game with VAR? To be fair to him it did take a slowed down replay to see that it wasn’t a foul but in real time you could see why he thought it was. It was a situation that VAR would have worked well in given the chance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 09:33

Quote:

allparone, Wed 7 Apr 08:59

“The biggest mistake the ref made last night was to blow the whistle just before Bellingham put the ball in the net, meaning VAR couldn't award the goal.”

If I read Bucaresti’s post correctly then this is a ref that isn’t used to reffing a game with VAR? To be fair to him it did take a slowed down replay to see that it wasn’t a foul but in real time you could see why he thought it was. It was a situation that VAR would have worked well in given the chance.

That's a fair comment, allparone and I was just being wise after the event, but had he delayed blowing the whistle an injustice would have been avoided. Was Emre Can's yellow card for protesting about the penalty award confirmed?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 09:37

Apparently it was and it was for dissent and not the tackle so fair enough.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 09:56

Quote:

londonparsfan, Wed 7 Apr 09:37

Apparently it was and it was for dissent and not the tackle so fair enough.

Can will probably feel hard done by, but had he delayed his protest until VAR reviewed the penalty award, he would have realised it was unnecessary. Perhaps he thought he was getting booked for the tackle, like those of us who were watching it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 10:12

I don't think Can can (boom) feel hard done by as if he hadn't gone off on one he wouldn't have been booked. He knows VAR is there and as you say if he'd waited he would have been fine. If he thought he was getting booked for the tackle then he was taking a chance dishing out more abuse to the ref. I know it was a terrible decision initially but you still shouldn't be abusing folk.

Refs getting abuse from players is one of my pet hates in football. Rugby is a competitive game and the way refs are afforded respect is far better than football.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 10:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 11:30

Perhaps Can was so incensed because he saw a fellow pro rolling around holding his face....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 11:53

That happens all the time to be fair 😂 should be well versed in dealing with it. Should possibly start dishing out yellow cards for feigning injuries although some incidents are harder to judge than last night's one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 12:37

Yes no VAR in Romania yet, probably next season, that said Hategan has been refereeing at an elite level for long enough now that he must have some experience with VAR from other European games.

If Can was booked for dissent, which I think he was, then its difficult to rescind it, although I can certainly understand why he would be annoyed by the decision and Rodri`s reaction. Given his position, Hategan guessed it was a penalty, which isreally not ok, you really need to be certain. Rodri certainly deserved a yellow though for going down clutching his face.

With the Bellingham goal, I think he genuinely believed it was a foul so blew straight away. Its the kind of foul that gets given a lot, far too often in my opinion, when defenders take ages to clear a ball, take a huge swing and then in the follow through make some contact with an attacking player closing them down a free kick is given. Certainly with VAR, refs should give themselves more time, he should have waited until the ball was in the net.

Normally Hategan is a pretty decent referee, maybe it was just a poor half from him. I think after last night and that he was the referee caught up in the abandoned Istanbul Basaksehir v PSG game, UEFA can probably give him a break until next season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcharvey  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:17

Post Edited (Thu 08 Apr 14:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcharvey  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:22

dafcharvey wrote:

>
>
> Post Edited (Thu 08 Apr 14:18)
Easily the most overrated team in Europe? Didn`t do too bad away at champions of Europe last night mate

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:30

More of that was down to Bayern being terrible at the back than PSG outplaying them. Fair play they were clinical when they had their chances and Bayern weren't but I still think Bayern will go through.

I'll be delighted if PSG go through though.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:34

That`s the Dortmund team talk right there! LPF is writing you off boys and is already thinking about who his City side will face next.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:58

In the bag mate 😉 the 2nd brown envelope is already on its way to the match officials.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 15:41

😂 That`s why you shouldn`t want PSG. Can you imagine the brown envelope-off between the two royal regimes as they both try to out bribe the other.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 15:54

That genuinely made me laugh mate!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net