DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Prospects of making the play-offs
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 15:16

Always the optimist and not a happy clapper but I`ve had a look at the remaining Championship fixtures and the results from the first third of the season.

I`m assuming Dundee and Raith will finish 2nd and 3rd as their current form is pretty decent. Meanwhile Morton, Arbroath and Ayr are very close and one of them is likely to finish 9th, Alloa really look to be finishing last.

Looking at the remaining games, 4th position is very much achievable for Pars and even 3rd, ahead of Dundee, is a possibility if we beat them next Tuesday.

I think the most likely contenders for 4th are Pars, ICT and QoS.

Pars` remaining games are away to Ayr and Alloa and home to Dundee, Arbroath and QoS.

Inverness are away to QoS and Hearts and home to Dundee and Ayr

QoS are away to Pars and Ayr and home to ICT, Raith and Dundee

If all these games ended in the same result as in the first third of the season, when QoS were everybody`s whipping boys, Pars would be comfortable in 4th, even losing to Dundee in the postponed game.

QoS have a really tough set of games, Inverness slightly easier and if Pars` form recovers there should be a place in the play-offs as ICT, Dundee and QoS will all take points off one another.

It`s still in the Pars` hands and 5 wins guarantees 4th and would likely mean 3rd.

As I said, forever the optimist.......

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Prospects of making the play-offs
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 15:30

Raith may well fall away and end up 5th, their last 2 games are Dundee away and Hearts home. They need to take full points before going into these games which is a tall order. Personally top 5 finishing order will be Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline, Inverness, Raith. When it comes to 3rd and 4th only difference is league place money although playoff games may bring in revenue from TV coverage.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 15:37

ICT have to play Hearts and Dundee as well as QoS and Ayr.

They'll do well to get more than 4 points from that so Rovers should really only need one more win to be safe.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 15:54

Although Us and Queens are 5 behind, due to the fixtures anyone from Raith, Dundee, Caley, Queens and Us could finish in any order in the play offs....

Should make for an exciting end to the season... Here`s hoping we can improve our form and join in the battle.......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:03

It looks like this could go down to the wire.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:23

Anything can happen.
One negative point is that Hearts might have already won the league by the time they play ICT and Raith.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:28

"One negative point is that Hearts might have already won the league by the time they play ICT and Raith."

On the flip side, Alloa could also have been relegated by the time they play us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:30

It's a good point to make but I'm hoping the fact the natives are restless over Gorgie direction keeps the players up to their work.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:33

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Wed 7 Apr 16:23

Anything can happen.
One negative point is that Hearts might have already won the league by the time they play ICT and Raith.

I doubt they can play any worse than they have been.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 16:37

Once Hearts win the league, they may put out a weakened team. That way it gives them a opportunity to try out players to see if they are suitable for the Premier league.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 17:30

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Wed 7 Apr 16:37

Once Hearts win the league, they may put out a weakened team. That way it gives them a opportunity to try out players to see if they are suitable for the Premier league.

And those players will make their best efforts to stand out and retain their places in the squad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 19:02

Think Neilson is on a shoogly peg so would be more productive for him to continue to field his strongest team and with nothing to lose may be more dangerous to play against and build some confidence back with the fans.

Can see both sides to be honest.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 19:14

If it was a choice between our last two fixtures or Raiths I know who's I'd prefer. To suggest otherwise is a bit silly

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 19:53

ICT have still to play Hearts, Hearts have skooshed the league , They may continue their love in and hand the points to Robbos/McCanns side on a plate

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 19:55

We need to go out and try andwin every game. We cant rely on other results.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 20:16

I am not sure what evidence of raith falling away. They will beat Arbroath and Alloa and have 42 points if they lose all others. We will need 12 points to overtake them, can see that.
There is just one place up for grabs just now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 21:46

As far as I am concerned there is only 1 place up for grabs and that’s 4th.

Hearts will win the league
Raith and Dundee will be 2nd and 3rd - Not sure which order.

If we could take 9 points from our last 5 games that will put us on 40 points

That would mean Inverness need to take 7 points to draw level or 9 to overtake and their games are QOTS (A) Dundee (H) Hearts (A) Ayr (H)

Queens would need to take 10 points at least from there last 5 and they have Inverness (H) Raith (H) Dunfermline (A) Ayr (A) Dundee (H)

This weekend Inverness v Queens means someone’s going to be getting there throat provisionally cut from the race. We need to ensure we win to capitalise.

If we can replicate how we played against Hearts but this times take our chances then it’s possible - am I confident no

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 21:47)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net