DAFC.net
Home 25 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Last 6 form
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 18:46

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Inverness CT 13
Dundee 12
QoS 12
Raith Rovers 9
Hearts 9
Arbroath 7
Ayr Utd 6
Morton 6
Alloa Athletic 5
Dunfermline Athletic 4

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Last 6 form
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 19:25

Have you got the stats for the next 5 games?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 19:52

Quote:

Connor560, Wed 7 Apr 18:46

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Inverness CT 13
Dundee 12
QoS 12
Raith Rovers 9
Hearts 9
Arbroath 7
Ayr Utd 6
Morton 6
Alloa Athletic 5
Dunfermline Athletic 4

Thank you so much for posting this, Connor. It's made my day.......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 20:35

Ouch !!!!

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 20:40

Well done Connor as it might put a bit of sense into some posters on here that we are absolute turd and the worst in the league at the moment.....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 21:00

Quote:

EEP, Wed 7 Apr 20:40

Well done Connor as it might put a bit of sense into some posters on here that we are absolute turd and the worst in the league at the moment.....

Dinnae encourage him, FFS! What is the point of putting that table up? Anybody with more than two brain cells knows we've been really poor of late.

Maybe the pair of you would like Crawford to stick that up in the dressing room before the game on Saturday, to inspire and motivate the team?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 21:16

I think we all know how poor we've been of the last X amount of games.

I put the table up for stats only, it shows how others are doing as well, our up and coming opponents for exa.ple and provides hard numbers not only for us but shows how tight the numbers are for even the relegation playoff etc.

Alloa look down but will be tight between Morton, Ayr and Arbroath who are all on similar form.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 21:57

Thankful for that Connor - A sobering statistic.

5 games to go 15 points to play for - Lets see what they are made off.

β€œ.........your on mute Jordan” πŸ˜€
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: helensburghpar  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 22:02

Found that interesting Connor. Don`t know why you`re getting criticised for putting up statistics. We really need to go on a run
starting with Ayr on Saturday.

[

Post Edited (Wed 07 Apr 22:14)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 22:25

Been debating with my other half. Does it matter we have been playing the teams around us at the top of the league. With exception of Morton the last 6 games have been a difficult stretch anyway. Compounded by our bad run of form.

Hopefully we can take some points from these next game and take it from there.
(there i did say I was going to try and be more positive πŸ˜…)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 7 Apr 23:51

Quote:

EEP, Wed 7 Apr 20:40

We're the only team in that run of 6 games that played the top 5 in the league as part of the six games with 4 of the 6 away from home. A bit of context goes along way.

Our next five games have us playing 4 of the bottom 6 with 3 games at home. Let's do the 6 form table at the end of that run and see what it looks like.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 08:03

Quote:

helensburghpar, Wed 7 Apr 22:02

Found that interesting Connor. Don`t know why you`re getting criticised for putting up statistics. We really need to go on a run

[

He's getting criticised because highlighting such statscis is demoralising and self-defeating. It's like fans at a game singing "We're p!sh and we know we are." Not going to help anyone, is it?

I realise Connor didn't mean any harm by it and apologise for getting annoyed with him. I'm sure Crawford will concentrate on the much improved performance the team put in against Hearts in his pre-match team talk on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 08:19

As I said, it was for latest league stats only.

We, as supporters, know how poor performances have been, although much improved against Hearts.

Some people like the information for comparisons against others in the league. Certainly wasn't a case of 'were p*sh and we know we are'.

Anyway, on to Saturday at Ayr for 3 much needed points!

C'mon Ye Pars!

Post Edited (Thu 08 Apr 08:44)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 08:29

You dont win promotion by being good over the last 6 games. The only statistics that matter are those on the league table after the season is done. 15 points still available. Mon the Pars πŸ‘βš½οΈπŸ™πŸ‘

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:06

Quote:

GG Riva, Thu 8 Apr 08:03

Quote:

helensburghpar, Wed 7 Apr 22:02

[

He's getting criticised because highlighting such statscis is demoralising and self-defeating. It's like fans at a game singing "We're p!sh and we know we are." Not going to help anyone, is it?

I realise Connor didn't mean any harm by it and apologise for getting annoyed with him. I'm sure Crawford will concentrate on the much improved performance the team put in against Hearts in his pre-match team talk on Saturday.

It's a fans forum not the team dressing room.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 10:10

As I said earlier I found the comparison interesting. Hardly the same as shouting "We"re pihs and we know we are". Demoralising and self defeating! Seriously . I thought it showed what can be achieved by putting a decent run together. Anything perceived as the slightest bit criticism on here seems to get some folks backs up.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:14

It is a fans forum, Elvis, but I know from working with the players that many of them read it. Of course, they're advised to stay away from it but, human nature being what it is...... Pretty sure I'd want to read what the fans were saying if I was a player.

Quote:

helensburghpar, Thu 8 Apr 10:10

As I said earlier I found the comparison interesting. Hardly the same as shouting "We"re pihs and we know we are". Demoralising and self defeating! Seriously . I thought it showed what can be achieved by putting a decent run together. Anything perceived as the slightest bit criticism on here seems to get some folks backs up.

We'll agree to differ on that, hp. I didn't think the OP was criticising the team, I just felt the table was completely unnecessary. We know the team has been on a poor run, the players know and so does the manager and the BoD. I don't understand the need to rub everyone's face in it. I can't see the manager using that to motivate the team before the next game, can you? I'm sure he'll concentrate on the positives from the Hearts game instead.

Psychology is big factor in football. Players who feel confident, positive and good about themselves are far more likely to play well than those who are fearful and concerned about poor results and performances in the recent past. Looking at a table in which you are bottom isn't going to help, even if you should have more sense and avoid it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:28

If we ever find ourselves bottom of a division again, will we be allowed to mention it? We wouldn't want the players to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:32

Fair enough. We`ll agree to disagree. I thought looking at the table it shows what can be achieved when you hit a bit of form like Inverness or Dundee. With five games to go it shows what`s possible if we replicate our early season form.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:55

Quote:

Connor560, Thu 8 Apr 08:19

As I said, it was for latest league stats only.

We, as supporters, know how poor performances have been, although much improved against Hearts.

Some people like the information for comparisons against others in the league. Certainly wasn't a case of 'were p*sh and we know we are'.

Anyway, on to Saturday at Ayr for 3 much needed points!

Your post was fine Connor imo.

A 5/6 games form table is a pretty standard way of looking at recent form so you've not selected a specific series to illustrate a point.

6 games is a pretty small sample but our issues haven't just been about the last 6 games, regardless of who they were against.

Although we maintained 2nd place in the table for a long time our form was far worse than that position but we maintained it thanks to picking up points here and there and our form to mid November.

It might be interesting to look at points collected per game over a rolling period to show how our form deteriorated but what would be the point. The league table after this many games doesn't lie.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 16:18

I dont think in professional sport previous form is not that important. Its more complex as you are dealing with people who can have good days and bad days. There are also motivational factors, aspirations, financial rewards etc. to consider. Every game should be treated differently and every game we should be going out confident of winning. Worry aboit our own performance and nothing else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 16:48

The stats were fine but they only tell part of the story. I think if you want to give a true reflection, comparing teams you need to also mention who they have played over the 6 games.

London nailed it with his reflection on this.

Our last 6 were by far the most difficult in the group.

Our run in is much easier than the others on paper.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 17:20

Form guides showing the last 5 or 6 results used to be given every week in papers as part of `Pools Forecasts`. I don`t think following them resulted in more pools winners because surprise results happen every week in football. That`s how pools companies and bookies prosper.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 20:24

In terms of including the last 6 form, this was literally copy and pasted from the SPFL twitter.

Similar to most, it is nice to have a little context to say the form team for example have played the bottom X amount in there 6 games and that's potentially why there form is better.

Some people like it, some don't. Wasn't a dig at Dunfermlines form and wasn't a case of only highlighting that but it allows us to see how others have done over the last 6 games in regards to the teams we will be facing in the coming weeks.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 21:38

Quote:

Connor560, Thu 8 Apr 20:24

In terms of including the last 6 form, this was literally copy and pasted from the SPFL twitter.

Similar to most, it is nice to have a little context to say the form team for example have played the bottom X amount in there 6 games and that's potentially why there form is better.

Some people like it, some don't. Wasn't a dig at Dunfermlines form and wasn't a case of only highlighting that but it allows us to see how others have done over the last 6 games in regards to the teams we will be facing in the coming weeks.

I understand where you were coming from Connor. Apologies for the tetchy and sarcastic responses. Let me be clear that I'm happy enough for you to post form tables in which the Pars are at or near the top..... πŸ˜‰

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 13:53

We are 7th with Ayr below us on last 10 games form table https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=11 Ayr have only scored 4 points from last 6 home games (second bottom on GD), and we are worst in Away form league with 1 point out of last 6 away. However We are fourth and just two points off top in the last 6 home form table. The difference between our home and away form has been huge this season. Fortunately 3/5 of our last games are at home. If we can just build on last week and get a result today.....COYP All the teams around us have had good and bad runs this season. Let’s hope we can return to winning ways and replicate our early season form. Time for us to go on a run now.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Apr 14:06)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Glenrothes Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:04

says it all

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2021-- DAFC.net