DAFC.net
Home 21 April 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Big-2 ‘B’ Teams in League Two (survey results)
Topic Originator: Gadgie59  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 00:30

From Scottish Supporters Network - April 2021 Newsletter

Re: Proposal of Celtic & Rangers ‘B’ Teams being introduced to League Two next season?

Survey Results

Overall, just 23.2% of Scottish fans are in favour of these proposals - with a sharp divide between the views of Old Firm fans and fans of other clubs. 88.2% of Old Firm fans are in favour, but only 11% of other fans support these proposals. Support is lowest (8%) amongst fans of the other Premiership clubs, with 11.3% in favour in the Championship, 10.4% in League One, 17.6% in League Two, and 37% support from Highland and Lowland league fans.

“Football is a beautiful game,
It should be played beautifully.”
Brian Clough.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Big-2 ‘B’ Teams in League Two (survey results)
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 07:08

It won’t matter two jots the clubs don’t listen to the fans I bet over 80 % would vote for a 16 or 18 SPL but it would get thrown out by the greedy chairmen.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 08:28

The only thing I have learned from this survey is that 11% of non-OF fans are just OF fans who can`t afford the bus fare.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:10

Under these proposals what would happen if either of the OF `B` teams won League 2? Would they be promoted to League 1? What if they then won League 1? How far could they go?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:30

wee eck wrote:

> Under these proposals what would happen if either of the OF `B`
> teams won League 2? Would they be promoted to League 1? What if
> they then won League 1? How far could they go?
>
>

They aren`t allowed to gain promotion and can`t enter the National Cups.

Don`t see any harm in this at all and can only benefit the young Scottish talent these clubs have. Nowhere near as many success stories come out of the Old Firm as they don`t get as many chances as they do at other clubs. Anything that may benefit Scotland I`m all for!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:34

They can be promoted to League 1 but can't be promoted past that under the proposals. I'm not sure what was suggested if one of them then won League 1. I don't know if 2nd gets promoted automatically and the playoffs roll down a place. Would seem a bit ropey.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 10:56

If I were a fan of a club in League 1 or 2 I think I would be a bit annoyed if this restructuring reduced my team`s chances of winning the league. Clubs at that level have few realistic chances of glory which their fans can enjoy and I`m not sure supporters would be prepared to jeopardise that for the alleged greater good of Scottish football.

Rangers and Celtic already hoover up most of the young Scottish talent, even luring promising youngsters away from other clubs, and now they want the lower league clubs to help them develop it. The betterment of the national squad is a red herring in my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 10:59

A return to a properly constituted reserve league would be a better solution in my opinion.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:24

Has anyone thought to ask what would happen if one of them happened to finish bottom of League 2, would they have to take part in the play offs with the winner of the lower league play offs ??

You can't jeopardise the pyramid system either , but I doubt they would let them play in the colt teams in the lowland league....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:58

"It won’t matter two jots the clubs don’t listen to the fans I bet over 80 % would vote for a 16 or 18 SPL but it would get thrown out by the greedy chairmen."

Fan power worked when the powers that be were considering allowing Rangers Mk.II (aka SEVCO) into the top division.

Of course the threat of refusals to renew season ticket at clubs concentrated the minds of the Directors.

Different scenario though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 21:15

100k for every club in league one and two minimum over 5 years is worth more than a few bigoted fans boycott of season tickets. There will be relegation to lowland league. It’s a good idea which will be available to all clubs who wish to put up money to fund a colt team. It doesn’t affect any team in championship or premiership and only benefits league one and two. But as usual Scottish bigotry comes in. If messi, xavi, ineista, hazard, and over 60 per cent of current Spanish and Dutch national teams have all played in B teams why are Socttish teams so focused against it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 21:46

“It’s available to any club willing to put up a colt team”

No it’s not! it’s only the Bigoted Brothers, the money isn’t even coming from them but a reduction in the price money for 1st & 2nd in the premiership. Although they have promised to buy 500 tickets per game, excluding any bought by there fans! So they anticipate a big fan base for there colts!
So why would Hibs etc vote for a reduction of possible winnings and making there rivals stronger?

Personally I go with the conspiracy theory that it’s so if they join down south they leave a football in the Scottish league.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 07:26

Quote:

DulochConvert, Thu 8 Apr 21:46

“It’s available to any club willing to put up a colt team”

No it’s not! it’s only the Bigoted Brothers, the money isn’t even coming from them but a reduction in the price money for 1st & 2nd in the premiership. Although they have promised to buy 500 tickets per game, excluding any bought by there fans! So they anticipate a big fan base for there colts!
So why would Hibs etc vote for a reduction of possible winnings and making there rivals stronger?

Personally I go with the conspiracy theory that it’s so if they join down south they leave a football in the Scottish league.

Brilliant! Throw in some bribery money and add a touch of arrogance. As well as buying 500 tickets per game, we also propose to reduce the lopsided prize money allocation for 1st and 2nd in the Premiership, given that we will occupy these two places for all eternity......

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 9 Apr 20:31

I've been having a think about it and I'm actually coming round the the idea of some teams having b teams, it could be what young players need to kick on to the next level. I think the 'big club' should have to pay a fee to enter their b side into a league with that fee being spread around the other teams in the league. They should be starting in one of the leagues below Highland/ Lowland league level. They shouldn't be allowed to progress beyond the 4th tier or play in cups. Top 2 leagues would be mostly full time with part timers below it. The current league 2 should be enlarged to allow 2 teams to be automatically relegated to be replaced by the Highland and Lowland League Champions. The runners up in those Leagues should play off against each other for the right to play the 3rd bottom League 2 club. There are some good clubs coming into the pyramid but there is a bottleneck which needs opening up to allow ambitious team to move up and other teams to find their level. The B Teams should be allowed to have some senior pros in their sides, no more than 4, as the young players will develop more having some experienced guys alongside them to talk them through the game. This will be a good first step into coaching for some older players.
I don't think we would suddenly see Celtic and rangers/ Hearts/ Aberdeen etc B Teams suddenly sweep all before them as like we have seen with the colt team in the cup, it's a big step up to compete with experienced pros, but this will be an important part in the development of players that will go on to play for the national team
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2020 -- DAFC.net