DAFC.net
Home 25 July 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Training facilities
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 08:25

Press reporting we may be going into an agreement to share facilities with Rosyth.

Click here
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Training facilities
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:53

This makes a lot of sense. It’s a great site. What do you think Raymie?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 09:55

In case you get the press paywall you can use outline.com

Post Edited (Thu 08 Apr 09:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 10:43

Incognito mode will allow you to see it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 11:07

That seems to tick a lot of boxes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 11:50

Rosyth FC has been shafted for years and needs a bit of a break. It`s current (temporary for 3 years) home is wholly inadequate.
The CS Club has been under-used for years and has pretty decent facilities that were in good condition the last time I was there, although that was about 10 years ago.
There is space for 3 flat, well drained pitches.
The location is in fact the old Recreation Park that had been used by Rosyth Recreation Juniors, I believe in the 1950`s. It has a bus stop right outside and a wee bit of parking, that may need a few spaces added.
I really hope this comes off as I can`t think of anything that isn`t a plus for all the parties concerned.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 12:14

The CSC would be an excellent location for a training academy. As Vasco has said, there is room for two, flat full sized pitches, although some drainage work would be required for the third, that would sit higher up.
I`d imagine the building would be knocked down and replaced by a bespoke version?
Handy for the M90, so players could commute easily.

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 13:11

Good move. As said above two pitches , plenty space for working on stuff at training. .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 13:15

an artificial pitch would be needed so that could solve that drainage issue, that plus 2 grass pitches is a minimum requirement.

the club will be considering every option possible but this does tick a lot of boxes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 13:27

Raymie, with a bit of excavation there is probably room for 3 pitches if you include the bowling green area.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 13:28

Facilities are horrible, not sure if the showers work but dressing rooms are not fit for purpose with big holes in the floor, and benches ripped up etc. As others said imagine first step would be bulldoze for a bespoke clubhouse. Adding another artificial surface in addition to the one just around the corner or 1mile along road at pitreavie would be huge cost with little return unless became the community hub that the fleet grounds is at the moment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 13:33

Showers were put in by the rugby club now in harley street many moons ago.

Admin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafcharvey  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:20

Post Edited (Thu 08 Apr 14:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:39

May be cheaper demolish and build rather than attempt to repair.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 14:41

If this comes to pass, it would give us a ground for reserve games etc.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 15:44

`The Stephen Simmons Park of Excellence`

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 18:46

Showers were installed when club was built, I was using them long before rugby club appeared. Top park was pretty ropey, not quality turf and quite bumpy, was suitable as a rugby park though I scored a few goals on it!
Lower level is way better and always has been, building needs a revamp if not demolition, wont miss running up and down the embankments pre season though!🤮🤮🤮
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gopars  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 19:55

Bit of mischief going on here by Dunfermline Press, no-one is taking into account that the ground still falls under the CSSC and they have been asked to ensure access to the high numbers of CS Clubs that still use the facilities. Whilst Rosyth JFC would be a good fit if the Pars were to be involved then access would be denied. There is quite a high level of bad feeling in the way the club was closed.

Cut me do I not bleed black and white.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 21:13

I saw that in the article, the fact that someone else actually owns it is not a minor detail, regardless of what others may want to do with it.

Seems odd though that the Civil Service should own sports and social facilities though- is this from a different era?

Genuine question, are there any Civil Service offices in West Fife?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gopars  
Date:   Thu 8 Apr 21:29

Lot of retired Civil Servants, Job Centre, Driving Examiners, MoD Caledonia, DIO at top of Dockyard Steps, Army Centre in Elgin St, all have CS working in them.

Cut me do I not bleed black and white.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 8 Jun 13:39

it kind of got lost in the board statement thread but on the training ground, presume it will be this one after all, probably be a surprise if it wasnt now?

"May be cheaper demolish and build rather than attempt to repair"
that quote from jake89, there was a piece in the Courier yesterday which mentioned the training ground.

"The club have previously trained at Kelty Hearts’ New Central Park home and now hold their sessions at the Indodrill Stadium in Alloa, albeit they do have a modern gym set-up at East End Park.
McArthur is currently locked in talks with a view to securing land on which Dunfermline can build their own training ground, which would also act as an administrative hub for the various departments of the business"

two things came to me from that, first its got to be a decent size building if they are going to do that whatever "departments" move but also the gym, you would think they would need to have one at the training ground but would to do with the EEP one? first thing that came in my mind was convert it into a new club shop and ticket office if it was possible?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Jun 17:34

from this weeks Press

"He said Rosyth FC had a "strong interest" in site 7, the now-closed Civil Service Sports Club and playing fields on Castle Road, and the owners, the Civil Service Sports Council (CSSC), have appointed consultants to speak to the "six or so" interested parties.

Mr Mutch continued: "This has included a conversation with Dunfermline Athletic and also Rosyth FC."

The consultants are expected to report back to CSSC with their recommendations at the end of this month"

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/19380932.rosyth-fcs-nine-options-include-pitreavie-civil-service-site/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 13:08

club named "preferred bidder" for the site, now on to further talks

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/19438463.rosyth-dunfermline-athletic-line-run-civil-service-club/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARS207  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 17:16

If they get the land at Rosyth then presume the gym equipment would all move to the training base too, which leaves that building free.

Be absolutely ideal for a proper club shop and ticket office there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 17:28

Good news. Any successful club needs to have a proper training ground

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 17:29

This is sounding promising, I've not been this excited since they were talking about Eagle Glen
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 18:08

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 13 Jul 17:29

This is sounding promising, I've not been this excited since they were talking about Eagle Glen

Did we ever have something at Eagle Glen? I just remember being very young and seeing the Pars badge on the entrance to the houses being built there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 18:38

Eagle Glen was a training headquarters in the late eighties early nineties, but sold off as per the article below. I`m sure the money was well invested by our reputable directors at the time!

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12319293.pars-set-for-a-homes-win/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:26

Interesting article Par, I might have to investigate further what happened there. I recall the papers at the time heralding that it would provide a financial boost, and that article mentions a pitch to boost our coaching network, although I can't picture where the pitch up in Kingseat is.
I'm pretty sure the club used to also own the ground on the edge of East End Park, where they built those blocks of flats. Don't know if we seen much benefit in that.
We have certainly had some characters on the board over the years
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 13 Jul 19:39

Eagle Glen was a disaster. Spoke to a former player from that era.Cold showers, and vandalism was rife, and pitch had terrible flooding problems. Think we were well shot of it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 14 Jul 10:15

We were going to build houses there. Council refused permission as it was not in the structure plan to develop on that land. They accused the club of pressuring them as we announced we needed a quick decision to qualify for a £1000,000 grant.

We sold the land cheap and a few years later it was developed!!!!

That is my recollection but it might be confused with other plans to develop the corners of EEP into a hotel and offices....also refused.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net