DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A draw at Ayr.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:11

First season for a while that has been viewed as a disappointment.

Is this a sign of progress?

Happy not to lose any more ground after that one but it was an opportunity missed.

If anything todays results prove absolutely anything could happen in the run in.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A draw at Ayr.
Topic Originator: AJ27  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:13

Anyone he sees this as a sign of progress could not have been watching the game.

Andy J
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stoo  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:15

I`m happy with that point. I wish I hadn`t watched it happen but we are a team that is happy with points at Ayr. That`s who we are now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1970par  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:16

It’s the performance that gives concern, we were woeful again today

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:16

Hooray , we drew with an extremely poor Ayr side whose fans are very nervous about finishing in 9th position. Crack open the champagne.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:40

The Board are in a tricky position , qualify for the playoffs , doesn't matter who we play we will lose it, or do they hope we don't qualify ,losing out on place money , but won't have to pay compensation to the management team ,as they haven't done as was expected .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:43

That’s the spirit Salton.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:48

Luckily we haven’t lost ground today and apart from a spell near the end, we did not look a goal threat for most of the game bar our goal early on.
Very stuttering performance again but we still have it in our own hands to get a play off spot.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 17:49

Out of context, not great not bad result.

With context, awful awful stuff.

Thats what, 5 months straight that we have been absolutely shocking
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 18:22

Why would we want to suffer a playoff heartache again ,let’s finish 5th and put us out of our misery .I don’t think I could watch us getting our hopes up and failing again Mr Crawford has a lot of thinking ahead.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 18:36

Just listened to the interview he thought it was a good point with the other results .He thought it was positive from the boys in I’m beginning to think he he shuts his eyes and sleeps throughout the game.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 19:05

Mr Collectively. He makes me want to scream. One away win all season and playing against a weakened Ayr team with a rookie goalie that has just been pumped by Dundee and he is happy with a point. Any half decent manager and we would have scooted the playoffs with room to spare. And the talk is always we need to look forward to the next few games, as if they are going to be any better than what we have been getting for months. We are so lucky to even be in touching distance of the playoffs after the way we have performed. If the season was starting now, or a few months back, we would be relegation candidates.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 19:21

"Why would we want to suffer a playoff heartache again ,let’s finish 5th and put us out of our misery"

well its £80k in extra prize money for a start, lets just give that to another club though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:17

I’m surprised to see posters just wanting the season done with now, happy to finish 5th, if we get in the playoffs we’ll lose whoever we’re up against. Someone thinks we’ll finish 7th or 8th.

We’ve got 4 games left and it’s still in our hands, and if we happen to get in the playoffs then anything can happen, I’d rather be in them than not and see what we can do.

When did some become a bunch of fairies?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:19

So Crawford states it was important not to lose ground on the other contenders. Someone should sit him down and tell him that’s not good enough. We need to better them at this stage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:36

Currently the team with the worst away record (in the last 6) gets a point against the team with the worst home record! Speaks for itself.

We are struggling to even get a point at home. So lack of confidence going into the QOS and Dundee matches.

We have the players but they have lost their confidence. SC is clueless and does not have the experience in the back room staff to help him.

Hopefully we can turn it around and finish top 4 to help the clubs finances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:39

So if we do make the playoffs ,then lose it, has SC done what was expected by the board? and therefore has to be kept on and get paid off if we want rid later.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:43

SC will be gone... and we will be looking at a new strategy next season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:46

I don’t think they’ve lost their confidence, we got an absolute hiding from Raith fair enough but that performance against Hearts didn’t lack confidence. Ayr wasn’t exactly scintillating but we went ahead in the match and think it was more formation/tactics that let us down.

At the moment you can simply choose how you want to see things, you can err on the pessimistic side which is fair enough, understandable or you can try be more optimistic and think we’ve come off of a hammering and held the champions (could’ve beaten them) and a draw away to Ayr where in any other time of the season it would be accepted as a good result.

Win your home games and anything you can come home with in away games is typically considered decent and what you need in this division.

Dundee on Tuesday, last three games against them we’ve scored 7 goals so it’s more than winnable if we are at it and keep it tight at the back.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Apr 20:48)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:47

Pars at Ayr since 09/10 season
Played 17, lost 2, won 10, drawn 5

Hardly Fortress Somerset Park.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:53

In short Salton, yes, the objective would’ve been playoffs and he got in the playoffs so he met the requirement given by the board.

As for the next season, I don’t think he’s the man, if that scenario was to pan out then I would like to see someone fresh come in as his inexperience has been more evident as the seasons gone on.

If we got in the playoffs and won them, I can certainly see the board sticking with him, would be difficult for them to justify not to, whether i would agree with that or not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:55

Quote:

EEP, Sat 10 Apr 20:43

SC will be gone... and we will be looking at a new strategy next season.

What will that new strategy be? To get promoted, same strategy as this season I'd imagine
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 21:12

If he goes I really hope we go for an experienced manager this time and not the cheap option.

We need an experienced guy (or woman) to settle the team, bring them together and get them playing the way they can.

I’d even be happy if SC went behind the scenes as he has proved his real skill is in recruitment.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 21:15

It was a very poor second half performance, however you want to dress it up. No composure on the ball, aimless punting or flicking the ball and little pressing of the opposition. We play into the hands of these crap punt and rush outfits like Ayr, Morton, Arbroath, QOS...all of these teams are poor.

It`s tiresome watching us do the same thing week after week, every time we kick off we kick it straight out of play, most goalkicks aimed at F Murray and possession lost. We punt the ball aimlessly forward yet have no strikers capable of winning it in the air and whoever it is, is totally isolated. O`Hara is too small, McManus just backs in falls over and Wighton has his own style of ducking out the way and yet we persist.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 21:17

ParfectX1

Which experienced woman are you possibly thinking about ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 21:18

SC behind the scenes? Wee need a clear out big time and a manager/coach that’s not jobs for the boys!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 22:23

Quote:

Berry, Sat 10 Apr 20:17

I’m surprised to see posters just wanting the season done with now, happy to finish 5th, if we get in the playoffs we’ll lose whoever we’re up against. Someone thinks we’ll finish 7th or 8th.

We’ve got 4 games left and it’s still in our hands, and if we happen to get in the playoffs then anything can happen, I’d rather be in them than not and see what we can do.

When did some become a bunch of fairies?

For the record I'm not happy to finish 5th. I'm just tired of trying to pretend this is a real football season worth caring about when it's been over 12 months since I was allowed to attend a game. That's all

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 22:38

How he could have watched this and taken some positives from it beggars belief, we should have had an old head alongside him instead we got his mate with no tangible coaching experience ,

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 22:48

Gaz3822

You gotta be inclusive nowadays!! Maybe Buffy will do it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 06:56

A win on Tuesday guarantees us championship football next season let's keep positive.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 07:14

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 10 Apr 17:11

First season for a while that has been viewed as a disappointment.

Is this a sign of progress?

Happy not to lose any more ground after that one but it was an opportunity missed.

If anything todays results prove absolutely anything could happen in the run in.

No, it's a sign of a team going nowhere.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rossmcno1  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 12:44

A draw at Ayr would only been seen as progress if they were consistently playing well at the top end of the league. Reality is this. That is the worst Ayr side I have seen in years. They are a shadow of the former self, and even then I’d always expect us to be beating them.

Honestly the will of some posters to consistently sugar coat what is abundantly clear is complete dug meat is the absolute definition of delusion.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 13:00

I was looking at results over the last five games.Over that period Inverness have made up 11 points on us- in the space of five games!

Its only 3-4 weeks ago that some were blindly refusing to see the threat posed to our play off position by the likes of ICT.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 13:38

Quote:

wetherby, Sun 11 Apr 13:00

I was looking at results over the last five games.Over that period Inverness have made up 11 points on us- in the space of five games!

Its only 3-4 weeks ago that some were blindly refusing to see the threat posed to our play off position by the likes of ICT.

Absolutely !

Most folk agree that a poor Hearts side have walked this league .
Which then begs the question , how poor are the rest of the teams ?
Even then we're struggling to be in the top half of the also rans .
At no time this season have we strung 3 decent performances together . I'm actually struggling to remember 2 in a row !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 13:55

Yes,a very disappointing season,expected more.To be honest ,I will be glad to see the back of it ,despite the outcome. Need our Saturdays, with crowds back and a bit of football realisim, game is gone down the pan without fans.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 14:09

Didn't see the whole game but agree about the lack of composure.

Really missed Wilson in there. Any injury news?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 14:17

[Post Deleted] - Reported as abusive
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 14:19

Quote:

Parsweep, Sun 11 Apr 13:38

Quote:

wetherby, Sun 11 Apr 13:00

Absolutely !

Most folk agree that a poor Hearts side have walked this league .
Which then begs the question , how poor are the rest of the teams ?
Even then we're struggling to be in the top half of the also rans .
At no time this season have we strung 3 decent performances together . I'm actually struggling to remember 2 in a row !

Aye but did they not have about 4 games in hand and now have played one more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 15:34

Nobody was blindly refusing to admit that ICT could get into the mix for the playoffs it was more a case of folk not panicking about it. In much the same way we're not panicking about ending up in the relegation playoffs.

ICT have picked up some good results at an important stage of the season but ultimately we're still in control of our own destiny. Win 4 games and it doesn't matter what anyone else does. ICT have two extremely difficult games left in Hearts and Dundee and a game against Ayr at home which on paper would likely be the easiest out of the 3 but is not a gimme. Although they could take all 9 points from those games the most realistic number of points would be between 1 and 4. Anything between 0 and 3 means we need 2 wins from our last 4. If they take 4 points then we either need to up our goal difference or get 2 wins and a draw. If they get 9 then we need to win our last 4. None of those permutations are impossible especially if ICT fail to take anything from Hearts and Dundee.

Whether we can or will do enough to make the playoffs remains to be seen but its not panic stations (yet!).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 15:39

Any way you cut it Parrot
Dafc last 5 games 2 points
Inverness caley last 5 games 13 points .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 15:54

Quote:

Parsweep, Mon 12 Apr 15:39

Parrot could justify our relegation and why it meant keeping Crawford as boss.....
There's positivity.....then there's Parrot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 16:06

Topic Originator: PARrot like | nolike
Date: Mon 12 Apr 14:17

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 11 Apr 12:44

A draw at Ayr would only been seen as progress if they were consistently playing well at the top end of the league. Reality is this. That is the worst Ayr side I have seen in years. They are a shadow of the former self, and even then I’d always expect us to be beating them.

Honestly the will of some posters to consistently sugar coat what is abundantly clear is complete dug meat is the absolute definition of delusion.

Ffs go and get a sense of humour transplant.

Irony.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 16:11

Topic Originator: Parsweep like | nolike
Date: Mon 12 Apr 15:39

Bobvo

11 point swing against a team ran by Neil McCann with a defence with Danny Devine and Brad McKay pairing...!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 16:38

Quote:

rossmcno1, Mon 12 Apr 16:06

Topic Originator: PARrot like | nolike
Date: Mon 12 Apr 14:17

Quote:

rossmcno1, Sun 11 Apr 12:44

Ffs go and get a sense of humour transplant.

Irony.

Eh! No!
But maybe I should have done a winky or smiley.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 16:47

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 12 Apr 15:54

Quote:

Parrot could justify our relegation and why it meant keeping Crawford as boss.....

I always try to balance the negatives with positives Rasta. Not a bad thing to be able to find positives in testing times.
I wasn't serious with that one though.

As positive as I normally am, I think I have to agree that Stevie isn't the man to take us further. I hope he is remembered for his playing contribution rather than his years in charge. He has done a fair bit of good during his tenure too though.

Anyway, I will continue to remain as positive as possible until we are out of the hunt.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 16:58

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 12 Apr 16:47

Quote:

Quote:

I always try to balance the negatives with positives Rasta. Not a bad thing to be able to find positives in testing times.

As positive as I normally am, I think I have to agree that Stevie isn't the man to take us further. I hope he is remembered for his playing contribution rather than his years in charge. He has done a fair bit of good during his tenure too though.

Anyway, I will continue to remain as positive as possible until we are out of the hunt.

Sorry, I should have used a smiley, i'm bad at online jokes....Reading my post back it looks barbed, that was not my intention :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Apr 17:13

Quote:

Rastapari, Mon 12 Apr 16:58

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 12 Apr 16:47

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I should have used a smiley, i'm bad at online jokes....Reading my post back it looks barbed, that was not my intention :)

No need, I got it. Ive known you on here long enough.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net