DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Other leagues
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 20:08

Good win for Cowdenbeath today. Takes them above relegation play off place. The newer league additions seem to be doing well. Edinburgh sitting second in div 2 and Cove also second in div 1.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Other leagues
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 22:10

In League One, Cove play Falkirk next week in what looks to be a league decider..

Still a battle for the promotion play-off places, with Falkirk or Cove being joined by any two from Partick, Montrose, East Fife or Airdrie.

At the bottom, Forfar look doomed, with either Clyde or Dumbarton in the play-offs to avoid the drop.

In League Two, the only question is really whether or not Queens Park can go through the season undefeated - they`re already promoted.

Edinburgh, Stirling and Elgin will be in the promotion play-offs and Brechin will be hoping their friends in the SPFL can save them for the second year running.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Apr 22:21)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Frank Butchers LoveHandles  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 23:12

Will be a disgrace if Brechin are saved again which I suspect they will be even though I like them as a club. Certainly if that is the case Kelty and Brora should be ushered into the Leagues.

Awight Pat!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 10 Apr 23:45

Brora have no case for promotion. It would be absolutely ridiculous if they came up after playing only 3 games, in a league in which two teams didn`t manage to play even once. With so few games played the Highland League should have been voided this season.

There`s still a bit of football to play in these leagues - it`s not an 18-match season. The plan is to play 22 games (5-5 league split after 18), which could give an interesting finish.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 01:09

Thanks Socks, I didn't know there was a 5/5 split in Leagues One and Two.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (it will cost you nothing) when you shop online with one of 4000 retailers and insurance firms etc
http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: elvis_lives  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 05:44

Quote:

Stanza, Sun 11 Apr 01:09

Thanks Socks, I didn't know there was a 5/5 split in Leagues One and Two.

I think it's only a split if all the teams in the particular league get to 18 games played on 23rd April.

If not it's finished at 18 games.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Apr 05:46)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 10:00

Brora and Kelty absolutely deserve their chance after last years debacle
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 15:54

The fight for the top four places in League 1 is getting interesting. poor old East Fife played their 6th match in 14 days yesterday (including extra time in their cup tie with Morton) so they`ll not be doing much training. Airdrie are still well in it and have had Kyle Turner playing right back the last couple of games.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sliema Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 15:56

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net