DAFC.net
Home 20 September 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Next two games
Topic Originator: kozmanout  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 07:12

Two games and the chance to go 4 points clear of ICT before they play next.
Possibility or fantasy??
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Next two games
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 08:04

It's a possibility of course, feels like remote one though...

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 08:18

The rest of the games will decide our season , regardless of the outcome we can,t start another season with the present coaching season or it will be same as .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 08:20

Quote:

gordi-b, Sun 11 Apr 08:18

The rest of the games will decide our season , regardless of the outcome we can,t start another season with the present coaching season or it will be same as .

It might even get worse, considering many of the loan players will go back to their parent clubs and we're not exactly flush with cash to make good signings in the summer transfer window.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 08:53

Think we need to take stock at the end of the season.

See where we are and how we go forward.

Involve the investors we need a more forward looking progressive plan.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 08:56

Results in this division are exceptionally unpredictable this season, there could be any combination of outcomes as the season ends.

No wins in our last 5 games doesn`t raise hopes beyond a maybe.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 09:12

We're on an awful run right when it really matters most. However I live in hope that we could somehow sh1tfest two 1-0 wins.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Polt  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 11:21

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 11 Apr 09:12

We're on an awful run right when it really matters most. However I live in hope that we could somehow sh1tfest two 1-0 wins.

That will never happen because we get a goal and change the way we play. Start of the season we were losing the goals first and then upping our game. Now....well...pffft no words
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 11:55

Hopefully more urgency now and a bit more expansive in the 'setup not to lose' mentality.

Draws are no good - should be going after teams with that high pressing style that was so effective but which also seemed to disappear after the first Hearts game at EEP.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sun 11 Apr 11:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 12:23

In my mind there is something wrong in the dressing room. I don't know what it is, however at the start of the season we were excellent. Now however we look disjointed and look like a group of 11 players that have just met each other. Players come in and look quite good in their first game but very their standard drops. Would I want to win our next two games? Yes obviously, however I think that we will be lucky to get 2 points.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 13:06

eastendalloapar wrote:

> In my mind there is something wrong in the dressing room. I
> don't know what it is, however at the start of the season
> we were excellent. Now however we look disjointed and look like
> a group of 11 players that have just met each other. Players
> come in and look quite good in their first game but very their
> standard drops. Would I want to win our next two games? Yes
> obviously, however I think that we will be lucky to get 2
> points.
>
>

That’s the problem- we have good players and when they first come in they play really well. It’s almost like they get trained to play worse. When Wighton played in his debut and his second game he played on the shoulder of the defender, now he does what McManus does and comes deep to help out the midfield leaving nobody to aim for in a breakaway. I have lost count throughout the entire season we’ve had a breakaway and there has been nobody up front to benefit. I can only imagine this is what’s been taught in training or part of SCs masterplan

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 14:11

I’m not sure we were excellent at the beginning of the season. We scored a lot from set pieces and that papered over the cracks, but we didn’t have pay particularly well, or score many from open play.

Now that the goals from set pieces have dried up, the cracks are much more obvious.

Game number 1 - home to ICT. Scored 3 goals. One from a corner, one from a free kick (Watson won header, keeper saved and we scored rebound) and a late goal, when ICT were pushing for an equaliser.

Game number 2 - Alloa away. Dow scored early on. We were then poor, then brought on O’Hara, who had a brilliant game and got a quick hat trick. Fairly similar to yesterday, but with a decent substitution.

Game number 3 - home to QoS. We scored 3 goals. One from a corner, a penalty then another from a corner.

Game number 4 - 0-0 draw away to Ayr, where both teams were awful.

Game number 5 - 2-1 win against Hearts. Really strong performance, but again, our first goal game from a corner that got cleared and Thomas picked it up on the right, cut in and scored. Second was from a corner.

The next game, we scored 2 good goals from 2-0 down v Raith.

Then we lost 2-1 at home to Morton. Our goal was a penalty.

Next game was 3-3 v Dundee. Great comeback. But, again, all of our goals were from set pieces (header from corner, penalty and direct free kick).

I really think there’s a false narrative that we were playing particularly well at the start of the season. If it wasn’t for set pieces, we wouldn’t have scored many at all, we consistently created very little from open play. That’s not anything new. If anything, we’ve been better from open play since Wighton signed, so had slightly improved on that front.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 14:32

I'd say we were playing well at the start of the season. What happened was we just so happened to get goals at good times from set pieces that gave us the edge in a few games in this ultra competitive league. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We used Thomas's deliveries and Murrsys knack of being on the end of them to our massive advantage

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 15:48

I remember when Pars` teams were criticised for rarely scoring from set plays. Some fans are never pleased.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 15:51

I'm sure everyone at the club knows what they need to do. Ill be supporting them every step of the way to the end of the season
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 16:16

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Apr 15:48

I remember when Pars` teams were criticised for rarely scoring from set plays. Some fans are never pleased.

You're right eck . We should be thankful for those early season set piece goals .
God knows the s**t we'd be in now if we'd been found out a couple of weeks earlier !

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 17:06

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Apr 15:48

Some fans are never disappointed and always happy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 17:41

Can`t say I`ve ever met any of them.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 19:09

If we lose on Tuesday, then top 3 will be gone. Fourth still possible but unlikely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Roy Barry Fan Club  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 19:21

Two massive games without a doubt.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 21:29

This is where a crowd at the games can see you over the line !
Unfortunately we cannot be there so it is up to all concerned to play the best they have ever played and get the results we desire not just in the next 2 games but all 4 games left , Haven`t seen anything of late to get my hopes up but will be rooting for us all the way and hope miracles do exist

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net