DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Davie Moyes
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 17:04

His stock is definitely rising again. Who would have tipped West Ham to be challenging for a CL spot in the final stretch of the Premiership campaign?

He made his name at Everton, so much so that Fergie recommended him to Man U when he retired. Of course he made some mistakes there, such as bringing in his own coaching team, but many feel he wasn't given enough time to revitalise an ageing squad. The scars must have taken some time to heal because his spells at Real Sociedad and Sunderland can hardly be described as successful.

He seems to have re-found his mojo again at the London Stadium. We'll pleased for him. He comes across as a decent, honest guy and very much like he was as a player. A journeyman centre half, he always gave his best and scored a good number of goals from set piece headers during his time at the Pars.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Davie Moyes
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 17:27

IMO-Moyes & West Ham were made for each other. Very similar to Everton in size & support. Always thought it was crazy when WH dumped him before to bring in Pelingrini who spent a lot of money & just about got them relegated. Moyes just gets the best out of what’s available & creates a good team spirit.

Good on him............ He won’t win MOTY but he should with what he has achieved.

“.........your on mute Jordan” 😀
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 17:58

Delighted for him and still think he was very harshly treated at Man Utd. He wasn`t given the spending money Van Gaal and Mourinho received and didn`t even get a season to prove himself.

I can remember when he was linked with the Scotland job, a lot of people wanted him nowhere near it. It appears he would be perfect for Scotland if the opportunity ever came along, as he seems to have average teams punching well above their weight. He achieved it at Everton and now looks likely to achieve it at West Ham. I don`t think he will ever get a club the size of Man Utd again though but he seems happy working miracles at West Ham.

Credit to him for getting the best from Lingard as well! I could not believe it when they signed him on loan. Surely he must have a twin brother who can actually play football because this Lingard is nothing like the one at Man U!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 18:26

He is a top manager. The manager following Ferguson was always going to struggle, I’m sure his percentages compared to everyone since is comparable. Seems to be a very good form at West Ham and he has found his new felliani too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 18:42

So pleased for him. I stopped watching Man U for a good while after Davie was asked to leave, however, he has shown what a good manager he is with the right club. I watch all their games now,
Quite pleased Man u got a result today . I found the stub as well today from the ticket that George and I went down to Old Trafford for the Rio Ferdinand Testimonial game , Friday 9th 2013. We got the tickets via a very generous Pars Fan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 19:08

Must admit I thought Moyes was only going to take West Ham in one direction and that was down or at best nowhere. He might yet become an Old Trafford hero of he can deny Liverpool a top four finish.

We all hate poverty, war, and injustice.
Unlike the rest of you squares.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 19:19

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sun 11 Apr 19:08

Must admit I thought Moyes was only going to take West Ham in one direction and that was down or at best nowhere. He might yet become an Old Trafford hero of he can deny Liverpool a top four finish.

Far too many Man U fans couldn't wait to see the back of Moyes, they thought he would provide a seamless transition when he took over from Fergie, which was a big ask given the team was in decline. Who knows what he might have achieved if he had been given the time Fergie got when he arrived at OT. And even so, did he actually do any worse than Van Gaal or Mourinho, who were given good money to spend?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 19:24

Really pleased for him .. he is a top manager who took over a Man U side who were passed their sell by date .. was not given enough time to rebuild and impose his own managerial style .. His post match interviews are constructive calm and honest .. His team deserve to be where they are right now .. He has rejuvenated Lingard who was going nowhere at Man U .. I really hope West Ham get the coveted 4th place .. COWH

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EEP  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 20:00

Always liked Moyes as a manager and gets the best out of his team... apart from Utd but I think he was limited in decision making at that club.
He’s done great at West Ham and what an achievement if they get a Champions League spot.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Sun 11 Apr 21:35

I did work experience with The Pars as a fitness coach when he was at the club....real gent, class person.
Really chuffed for him.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net