DAFC.net
Home 22 June 2021 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 forest green rovers
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 00:42

early season, dead cert for automatic promotion, now struggling to make play offs, just sacked manager. high chance new manager will be female.
brave or what?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: forest green rovers
Topic Originator: neils  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 06:54

He certainly does things differently, vegan food at the ground I`m a fan of the pie, but apparently excellent) new ground eco friendly ( whatever that is) etc

Hats off to him, there`s room for everyone, a brave move, not because I don`t think there will ever be female bosses, because there will be- no reason not to be.

At the moment doesn`t appear to be any with experience at any level of the men`s game, which is different from the womens game.

Can see that changing though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 08:12

On 19 August 2014 Shelley Kerr was appointed as manager of the Lowland Football League team Stirling University. Kerr`s appointment was the first time at that level in the United Kingdom a woman has been named as manager of a men`s club. She led the team to consistent top five league finishes and the British Universities Championship final in 2014–15

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 08:39

Quote:

neils, Tue 13 Apr 06:54

He certainly does things differently, vegan food at the ground I`m a fan of the pie, but apparently excellent) new ground eco friendly ( whatever that is) etc

Hats off to him, there`s room for everyone, a brave move, not because I don`t think there will ever be female bosses, because there will be- no reason not to be.

At the moment doesn`t appear to be any with experience at any level of the men`s game, which is different from the womens game.

Can see that changing though.

The new ground is going to be built entirely from wood.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 08:51

"The new ground is going to be built entirely from wood."

Appropriate considering their club name !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 08:57

I thought it would be a fire safety hazard but I'm guessing there is an easily googleable answer which explains why it's not.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 09:01

Quote:

londonparsfan, Tue 13 Apr 08:39

The new ground is going to be built entirely from wood.

Not sure this is a good idea.
Wasn't the Bradford Fire Disaster so bad because the stand was wooden.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 09:14

Agreed but I'm assuming there must have been advances in fire safety and timber structures to get the ok to do it or it wouldn't make sense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 13 Apr 09:21

Strange league this season.

Carlisle were absolutely flying and playing some great stuff then had something like 10 games (or at least it seemed like it) postponed with Covid tests and other goings on and since starting back have absolutely bombed out form wise - along with playing three games a week to catch up - now looks unlikely they'll even make playoffs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Tue 13 Apr 09:22)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net